Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Your Player Character?
1 2 3 4 5
...No, actually. I don't envision anyone.

If there were more dragon-to-player interactions, I might envision somebody a la Neopets and how the active Neopet sometimes makes funny quips towards the owner, but since there's pretty much a large disconnect [at least to me] and the dragons are static icons, there's really nothing for me to invest in to the point of self-insertion.
...No, actually. I don't envision anyone.

If there were more dragon-to-player interactions, I might envision somebody a la Neopets and how the active Neopet sometimes makes funny quips towards the owner, but since there's pretty much a large disconnect [at least to me] and the dragons are static icons, there's really nothing for me to invest in to the point of self-insertion.
18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
My custom progen Sep is the player or simply Etna. She is not even a dragon either, neither is most of my lair. I don't really do FR lore so i guess im good.
My custom progen Sep is the player or simply Etna. She is not even a dragon either, neither is most of my lair. I don't really do FR lore so i guess im good.
6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
Generally, my custom progen, Eira (that's her in my avatar square) is the one to interact with other characters on the site. That's because my character, the one that embodies me, is actually a shadow sprite! She's Eira's Charge, and speaks only to her. Few others of the Clan have seen her, and none have spoken to her. Most of the time she stays in a cavern that the rest of the Clan are forbidden to enter. She was sent by the Shadowbinder to guide Eira and her Clan.
Generally, my custom progen, Eira (that's her in my avatar square) is the one to interact with other characters on the site. That's because my character, the one that embodies me, is actually a shadow sprite! She's Eira's Charge, and speaks only to her. Few others of the Clan have seen her, and none have spoken to her. Most of the time she stays in a cavern that the rest of the Clan are forbidden to enter. She was sent by the Shadowbinder to guide Eira and her Clan.
7GFlGJN.pngUQye6pN.pngMrRCllp.pngw7zrq5X.pngJ62sYF0.pnghgDH6fo.png9My5I2b.pngiibnNpu.pngDBFJoJn.pngA3L5B4e.pngzjJqiVN.png
v8f8ZKI.png
My "self insert" characters in the FR world is an Arcane Sprite ... [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/1779.png[/img] ... but I honestly don't imagine that dailies happen in my dragons' world in the same way as they do in the game. There is gathering, hunting etc. of course - that happens, and I have specific dragons with those jobs. When I'm using Baldwin I think I imagine that one of my dragons is doing it? But I don't have a specific cauldron-user. [s]I should get one, haha.[/s] I don't imagine them interacting with Tomo, Pinkerton etc. - I just do those ones and they exist outside of 'canon lore' for me. If I had to imagine it, it would be ... whatever dragon seemed most appropriate, not necessarily the same one every day.
My "self insert" characters in the FR world is an Arcane Sprite ...

1779.png

... but I honestly don't imagine that dailies happen in my dragons' world in the same way as they do in the game. There is gathering, hunting etc. of course - that happens, and I have specific dragons with those jobs. When I'm using Baldwin I think I imagine that one of my dragons is doing it? But I don't have a specific cauldron-user. I should get one, haha. I don't imagine them interacting with Tomo, Pinkerton etc. - I just do those ones and they exist outside of 'canon lore' for me. If I had to imagine it, it would be ... whatever dragon seemed most appropriate, not necessarily the same one every day.
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
Salmon [emoji=undertide laughing size=1] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86136846][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/861369/86136846_350.png[/img][/url] In his adult form though, just waiting for him to grow up <3
Salmon

86136846_350.png

In his adult form though, just waiting for him to grow up <3
20240124-2118111.gif
No self-insert for me either.
Kind of like how Feirie explained above, with dragons seeming like static icons to me, especially as there's no interactions like with Neopets.
With no humans in present Sornieth there's no incentive to imagine a self-insert anyway. And I just don't like to anthropomorphise non-humans, which means I can't characterise them at all x'D
So I guess the site's NPCs speak to some kind of off-screen voice that carries a lot of dragons in a sack around the world.
No self-insert for me either.
Kind of like how Feirie explained above, with dragons seeming like static icons to me, especially as there's no interactions like with Neopets.
With no humans in present Sornieth there's no incentive to imagine a self-insert anyway. And I just don't like to anthropomorphise non-humans, which means I can't characterise them at all x'D
So I guess the site's NPCs speak to some kind of off-screen voice that carries a lot of dragons in a sack around the world.
I don't really have one. I do have dragons that do different things across the site, but that's it.
I don't really have one. I do have dragons that do different things across the site, but that's it.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
i dont.. actually know? i might? im kinda working on it!
i dont.. actually know? i might? im kinda working on it!
1181.png17497.png33202.png33201.png17498.png1184.png
I have a handful of dragons who handle each task.
- Doux, and Valtteri, my progens, are the faces and leaders of the clan who send folks off to do their work each day
- Bismark goes to the Market and Auctions
- Vesper manages the hoard and money
- Cecropia manages the nesting grounds
- one or two dragons are responsible for each gathering type
- WAR and N are my current training team who prepare dragons for exaltation

I also have two self inserts who have their own tasks
- it's Lelisael who acts behind the scenes to bring new dragons in and send dragons out of the clan (i.e. when i buy or sell dragons), and her influence is typically not apparent. From everyone's perspective in lore, these dragons are folks who usually happened upon my clan during travels, and the ones that leave do so willingly after preparations to make journeys to find homes or fight dominance.
- Fuziral is my other one, but she's sort of just along for the ride. She doesn't do a whole lot other than hang out with my irl-pet-bug fandragons and sometimes Doux and Valtteri, she's close friends with them and helps them relax and keep their morale up.
I have a handful of dragons who handle each task.
- Doux, and Valtteri, my progens, are the faces and leaders of the clan who send folks off to do their work each day
- Bismark goes to the Market and Auctions
- Vesper manages the hoard and money
- Cecropia manages the nesting grounds
- one or two dragons are responsible for each gathering type
- WAR and N are my current training team who prepare dragons for exaltation

I also have two self inserts who have their own tasks
- it's Lelisael who acts behind the scenes to bring new dragons in and send dragons out of the clan (i.e. when i buy or sell dragons), and her influence is typically not apparent. From everyone's perspective in lore, these dragons are folks who usually happened upon my clan during travels, and the ones that leave do so willingly after preparations to make journeys to find homes or fight dominance.
- Fuziral is my other one, but she's sort of just along for the ride. She doesn't do a whole lot other than hang out with my irl-pet-bug fandragons and sometimes Doux and Valtteri, she's close friends with them and helps them relax and keep their morale up.
My current fave
dragons, click
images to visit!
SO9P8wT.gif
co1lUSe.pngOMOx3UY.png bFFLnDS.png Free achievement!nuXTCmz.png
None of my dragons are my player character, but most of them do have humanoid designs (at least in my head) outside of flight rising. I like to imagine myself to be apart from my dragon characters on FR.

I made myself a skin to serve as my avatar, to kind of represent a person apart from the dragons, while still showing what flight I belong to at a glance.
None of my dragons are my player character, but most of them do have humanoid designs (at least in my head) outside of flight rising. I like to imagine myself to be apart from my dragon characters on FR.

I made myself a skin to serve as my avatar, to kind of represent a person apart from the dragons, while still showing what flight I belong to at a glance.
1 2 3 4 5