Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lightning Ancient Tertiaries
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="CloudedViews" date="2023-05-13 08:04:23" ] For a tert, i'd really like to see little mantis arms! Like the kind Stormcatcher has. But auugh the caution tape idea is actually so cool, I wanna see that so bad [/quote] I was expecting the ancient to already have these, so I really hope we get them as a tert! That or just having multiple arms/limbs!
CloudedViews wrote on 2023-05-13 08:04:23:
For a tert, i'd really like to see little mantis arms! Like the kind Stormcatcher has.

But auugh the caution tape idea is actually so cool, I wanna see that so bad
I was expecting the ancient to already have these, so I really hope we get them as a tert! That or just having multiple arms/limbs!
p3jdzi4.png
[map poi=16 view=land width=480 height=240][/map] another underrated lightning feature i want to see: the spires are clearly shaped like dragon wings. metal-plated wings as a tert since these guys don't already have them. also [item=trailing storm] but around the claws

another underrated lightning feature i want to see: the spires are clearly shaped like dragon wings. metal-plated wings as a tert since these guys don't already have them.
also Trailing Storm but around the claws
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
A friend and I were talking yesterday about how we'd both like to see Wraith and Angler as parallel genes on the lightning ancient. I'd also love to see a gene that adds wires around the ancient, not too dissimilar to Remora or Mucous, but wires.

Also, it's not a tert, but I really hope they get wasp and bee, even if it isn't upon release. I love using it for robot dragons and I think it'd be perfect on these dudes.
A friend and I were talking yesterday about how we'd both like to see Wraith and Angler as parallel genes on the lightning ancient. I'd also love to see a gene that adds wires around the ancient, not too dissimilar to Remora or Mucous, but wires.

Also, it's not a tert, but I really hope they get wasp and bee, even if it isn't upon release. I love using it for robot dragons and I think it'd be perfect on these dudes.
fkWjutW.png
R1dejfm.png
zUgIegC.png
bYt72YT.png
q9EEy5M.png
U0bFCPN.png
1RuFjQ2.pngEGzfMVW.png
ooBdJIk.png
Mantis arms + lightning markings + bone tail ftw.
Mantis arms + lightning markings + bone tail ftw.
y5opRlk.gif
Dudeee (in a nonbinary way), mantis claws for sure!
Also lightning that makes them look like living tesla coils

As for parallel genes, I'd love to see Veined, Circuit (obvious) and Capsule for them! +in terms of primary/secondary combos: Metallic / Alloy (obvious), Pharaoh / Sarcophagus + Python / Morph (as an omage to their first design... I could also see Boa / Saddle from Undertides fitting nicely on them), Giraffe / Hex

Speaking of Giraffe / Hex... I'd like to see more geometric patterns like that, esp for a breed whose (?) flight centers around technological advancements ;w;
Dudeee (in a nonbinary way), mantis claws for sure!
Also lightning that makes them look like living tesla coils

As for parallel genes, I'd love to see Veined, Circuit (obvious) and Capsule for them! +in terms of primary/secondary combos: Metallic / Alloy (obvious), Pharaoh / Sarcophagus + Python / Morph (as an omage to their first design... I could also see Boa / Saddle from Undertides fitting nicely on them), Giraffe / Hex

Speaking of Giraffe / Hex... I'd like to see more geometric patterns like that, esp for a breed whose (?) flight centers around technological advancements ;w;
.TASTE_ THE_COLOURS.
wraith and skeletal as parallel genes would probably work well for this ancient.

i'd like to see some tert that causes glowing or bioluminescence along/between the belly plates and horns, which could lean in to the robotic look of being powered by energy without it being too on the nose.

the horns of that ancient seem pretty flat and broad too and i think it would be fun to see them do something with that space! as much as i dont think theyre going to do this, it would be fun to see an interesting permutation of the multigaze gene where there's large eyes on the horn? they seem to like putting the eyes on horns nowadays. that or maybe a false eye tertiary gene or prim/sec combo that puts false eyes on the horns and sails?? maybe a creative take on clown/eyespot or something? :0
wraith and skeletal as parallel genes would probably work well for this ancient.

i'd like to see some tert that causes glowing or bioluminescence along/between the belly plates and horns, which could lean in to the robotic look of being powered by energy without it being too on the nose.

the horns of that ancient seem pretty flat and broad too and i think it would be fun to see them do something with that space! as much as i dont think theyre going to do this, it would be fun to see an interesting permutation of the multigaze gene where there's large eyes on the horn? they seem to like putting the eyes on horns nowadays. that or maybe a false eye tertiary gene or prim/sec combo that puts false eyes on the horns and sails?? maybe a creative take on clown/eyespot or something? :0
A drawing of a blue and yellow Spiral dragon (art by me). Click to go to the dragon! | @Quebeal
| ♦ ¤ ——−−--
|
|
| FR +1 DST
| Any pronouns
| My current avatar dragon!
| Hey there! I wish you a great day.
———-Recolored treeshroud icon by yascherritsa. Click for resource thread!
Unique genes: Mantis arms/bone tail. A snoot (maybe it gives like a whole hooded look). A version of jewels/shardflank/gembond/fangs that's spikey and has glowy effect. A full body tert that adds a pattern across the body like trimmings does for banes and polkadots does for abbies. A tert that specifically targets those fans, like peacock but more. Maybe a blossom/branches like tert but cacti/succulent themed. A gene that's kinda like mucus but is like crackling lightning instead.

Genes from other breeds: veined, crackle, circuit. Fans and spines. Weathered. Mandibles, stinger, glowtail. Opal. Angler? Gliders? Skeletal. Sparkle! I'm guessing they'd probably also get filigree, it makes sense. I imagine also smirch, because it layers nicely with tide/foam and tide/foam can create some very nice lightning effect (and since most ancients could also look good under a different flight aesthetic would also look great as water effects too).
Unique genes: Mantis arms/bone tail. A snoot (maybe it gives like a whole hooded look). A version of jewels/shardflank/gembond/fangs that's spikey and has glowy effect. A full body tert that adds a pattern across the body like trimmings does for banes and polkadots does for abbies. A tert that specifically targets those fans, like peacock but more. Maybe a blossom/branches like tert but cacti/succulent themed. A gene that's kinda like mucus but is like crackling lightning instead.

Genes from other breeds: veined, crackle, circuit. Fans and spines. Weathered. Mandibles, stinger, glowtail. Opal. Angler? Gliders? Skeletal. Sparkle! I'm guessing they'd probably also get filigree, it makes sense. I imagine also smirch, because it layers nicely with tide/foam and tide/foam can create some very nice lightning effect (and since most ancients could also look good under a different flight aesthetic would also look great as water effects too).
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
I'm personally hoping for something that adds wires or some kind of metallic augmentation, something sort of robotic or cyberpunk. I think Circuit is almost guaranteed to be a parallel gene, but I'd love something with a similar vibe but silhouette
breaking

I know Metallic and alloy have been mentioned, but I'm also hoping for wasp/bee for parallels, since those up until now have been used for a lot of robot dragons (or at least wasp has). Capsule also seems like a good candidate.
I'm personally hoping for something that adds wires or some kind of metallic augmentation, something sort of robotic or cyberpunk. I think Circuit is almost guaranteed to be a parallel gene, but I'd love something with a similar vibe but silhouette
breaking

I know Metallic and alloy have been mentioned, but I'm also hoping for wasp/bee for parallels, since those up until now have been used for a lot of robot dragons (or at least wasp has). Capsule also seems like a good candidate.
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
mantis AAAAAARMS
mantis AAAAAARMS
66.png
I want to see wires or cables strung between their horns and spines!
I want to see wires or cables strung between their horns and spines!
11667.png xGRdLfg.jpg ws14300rd_thumbnail.jpg m96yKLz.jpg 32990.png
1 2 3 4 5