Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Write lore for the dragon above you!
1 2 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 125 126
@mothfaulkner Thank you so much for your patience! This was a lot of fun for me to write, I play the harp and it was so nice to write for a dragon that has one! I hope you like it! [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77816236][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/778163/77816236_350.png[/img][/url] [/center] [center] [size=5] [u][i]Aponia's[/i] Troubadour[/u] [/size] [/center] [i]Driftwood, sun, and salt; the smell of home.[/i] The background noise of pleasant conversation, clinking tankards, and laughter were a welcome sound for a wandering bard, now returned to where he felt most comfortable. Stepping up onto the top deck of the [i]Aponia[/i], Liblikas lustily inhaled the scent of fish stew, heady ale, and baking bread. His stomach growled loudly in spite of his pride as he approached the barkeep, Sam. They raised an eyebrow at him and laughed, pulling a mug and a bowl from a shelf and retreating to the kitchen before he even had the chance to request food or drink. Sighing happily, the bard set his harp gently down on the floor next to him and got comfortable at the bar. It was not long before Sam returned with a flagon of cold ale and a serving of piping hot fish stew. Liblikas could think of no other thing he wanted more in that moment, and tucked in. "I suspected you'd be back soon," Sam quipped with a crooked smile, handing Liblikas a napkin and a roll of bread. "I'll leave you to it, but per our agreement I [b]will[/b] demand payment in the form of a story or two once you're done." Liblikas rolled his eyes good-naturedly, and grinned around the mouthfuls of his personal feast. Sam had not lost their touch while he was gone, the stew was to die for. Ripping the roll into thirds, he sopped up some of the broth, savoring every last drop. He had traveled far and wide, seen and heard and tasted all manner of wondrous things, but nothing compared to Sam's cooking, baking, and brewing. Time stopped as he supped, and he was not sure how long he had been engrossed in his meal after he had finished every last morsel. Heaving a sigh, he turned to his half-empty flagon, and took a hearty gulp. His stomach full, he could focus enough now to look around the tavern. The Flowing Taurus was full of familiar faces, but there were also some new dragons as well. Nodding to himself, he meticulously cleaned his claws with the napkin (it would not do to get grease or food on his precious instrument), and picked his harp up off the floor where it stood next to him. Taking a tuning key from his pouch, he quietly brought every string into alignment, twisting the pegs along the top of the harp, called the neck. Tightening or loosening, soon each metal string was in tune, vibrating in harmonious balance with all of the others, forming octaves, scales, and chords. Inhaling, then exhaling slowly, Liblikas set his claws to the strings, bringing forth melodies and harmonies that rang like sweet silver bells. He began quietly, but as more dragons noticed the beautiful music, the tavern grew hushed. Soon, Liblikas was the only noise in the whole of the [i]Aponia's[/i] top deck. Liblikas loved his instrument. Due to their sharp claws, harps made for dragons usually needed strings of metal; compared to the harps made by beastclan members and those found in archaeological digs, where the strings were made of animal gut or sinew (or occasionally nylon), metal was the only logical choice for a dragon. Liblikas' harp, which he had named Swansong, was crafted of bones, had golden (well, okay, gold alloy) strings, and had been enchanted to amplify its already sweet sound... After all, bone is not quite known for its acoustic properties. As his claws danced over the strings, he and Swansong captivated the room with intricate eddy of melody and bubbling glissando. When at last he finished, applause filled the whole tavern. Bowing happily, Liblikas thanked his audience, then turned and finished his ale. It was not long before a half dozen dragons were vying to buy his next round, asking what drink he preferred. Thanking them again, he declined, and turned back to his instrument, plucking chords absent mindedly and just enjoying the atmosphere. They stood and listened appreciatively for a while, before heading back to their tables and resuming their respective pleasant evenings spent with pleasant company. Sam swept up to him to clear his bowl away and bring him a fresh drink. "Wonderful as always," they gushed, smiling broadly this time. "But I'm still holding you to your payment to me." "Come back in a moment and you'll have it!" Liblikas replied, still riding the high from his previous performance. Sure enough, it was not long before Sam was back, having stuck one of the younger dragons in training on the bar for a little "busy night" experience. Plucking a rhythmic melody on Swansong, the Imperial crooned just loud enough for Sam to hear... [i] 'Twas once I walked along a cliff-lined coast When suddenly a ship wrecked down below! I feared for her poor crew, and was engrossed In seeing who of them to shore would go. As closer still I looked, I spied their flags: A field full-black, its only charge a skull... Could these be pirates, horrid scallywags? My pity lessened for their shattered hull. And then a cry alighted on my ears, "Our Capn's dead, Ol' Redmane is no more!" I watched the crew shed salty, bitter tears, As they brought their cruel captain to the shore. And sure enough, with scars and tatterred wings, Redmane it was, bedecked in jewels and rings. The mane of this fine pearlcatcher, indeed, Was fiery red and flowing like seaweed. His claws were tipped in gold, and his fine pearl Had, just like his torso, a crimson swirl. Really, this pirate king was dead and gone? Could there be hope for bright and safer dawn? After his yearslong reign of fear and woe, It was a shipwreck that ended this foe? But then, commotion came up from the beach. Redmane lived on! Ah, so much for my speech... [/i] Sam laughed at that last line, and clapped loudly, along with the crowd that had gathered as Liblikas had sung his composition. Smiling and bowing again, he toasted the room, and everyone cheered again and drank. He and Sam smiled at one another. It was going to be a festive night in the Tavern, no doubt! ---------------------------------------- [s]Next person, please try to stick to the named dragons on the first page of each lair tab. :)[/s] Ah, thank you MilkshakeTrex! Unfortunately that doesn't quite match my headcannon for Rigil, so I won't be using it, but I'm glad you had fun writing it at least. :)
@mothfaulkner Thank you so much for your patience! This was a lot of fun for me to write, I play the harp and it was so nice to write for a dragon that has one! I hope you like it!

77816236_350.png

Aponia's Troubadour

Driftwood, sun, and salt; the smell of home.

The background noise of pleasant conversation, clinking tankards, and laughter were a welcome sound for a wandering bard, now returned to where he felt most comfortable. Stepping up onto the top deck of the Aponia, Liblikas lustily inhaled the scent of fish stew, heady ale, and baking bread. His stomach growled loudly in spite of his pride as he approached the barkeep, Sam. They raised an eyebrow at him and laughed, pulling a mug and a bowl from a shelf and retreating to the kitchen before he even had the chance to request food or drink. Sighing happily, the bard set his harp gently down on the floor next to him and got comfortable at the bar. It was not long before Sam returned with a flagon of cold ale and a serving of piping hot fish stew. Liblikas could think of no other thing he wanted more in that moment, and tucked in.

"I suspected you'd be back soon," Sam quipped with a crooked smile, handing Liblikas a napkin and a roll of bread. "I'll leave you to it, but per our agreement I will demand payment in the form of a story or two once you're done."

Liblikas rolled his eyes good-naturedly, and grinned around the mouthfuls of his personal feast. Sam had not lost their touch while he was gone, the stew was to die for. Ripping the roll into thirds, he sopped up some of the broth, savoring every last drop. He had traveled far and wide, seen and heard and tasted all manner of wondrous things, but nothing compared to Sam's cooking, baking, and brewing. Time stopped as he supped, and he was not sure how long he had been engrossed in his meal after he had finished every last morsel. Heaving a sigh, he turned to his half-empty flagon, and took a hearty gulp. His stomach full, he could focus enough now to look around the tavern. The Flowing Taurus was full of familiar faces, but there were also some new dragons as well.

Nodding to himself, he meticulously cleaned his claws with the napkin (it would not do to get grease or food on his precious instrument), and picked his harp up off the floor where it stood next to him. Taking a tuning key from his pouch, he quietly brought every string into alignment, twisting the pegs along the top of the harp, called the neck. Tightening or loosening, soon each metal string was in tune, vibrating in harmonious balance with all of the others, forming octaves, scales, and chords. Inhaling, then exhaling slowly, Liblikas set his claws to the strings, bringing forth melodies and harmonies that rang like sweet silver bells. He began quietly, but as more dragons noticed the beautiful music, the tavern grew hushed. Soon, Liblikas was the only noise in the whole of the Aponia's top deck.

Liblikas loved his instrument. Due to their sharp claws, harps made for dragons usually needed strings of metal; compared to the harps made by beastclan members and those found in archaeological digs, where the strings were made of animal gut or sinew (or occasionally nylon), metal was the only logical choice for a dragon. Liblikas' harp, which he had named Swansong, was crafted of bones, had golden (well, okay, gold alloy) strings, and had been enchanted to amplify its already sweet sound... After all, bone is not quite known for its acoustic properties. As his claws danced over the strings, he and Swansong captivated the room with intricate eddy of melody and bubbling glissando. When at last he finished, applause filled the whole tavern.

Bowing happily, Liblikas thanked his audience, then turned and finished his ale. It was not long before a half dozen dragons were vying to buy his next round, asking what drink he preferred. Thanking them again, he declined, and turned back to his instrument, plucking chords absent mindedly and just enjoying the atmosphere. They stood and listened appreciatively for a while, before heading back to their tables and resuming their respective pleasant evenings spent with pleasant company.

Sam swept up to him to clear his bowl away and bring him a fresh drink. "Wonderful as always," they gushed, smiling broadly this time. "But I'm still holding you to your payment to me."

"Come back in a moment and you'll have it!" Liblikas replied, still riding the high from his previous performance. Sure enough, it was not long before Sam was back, having stuck one of the younger dragons in training on the bar for a little "busy night" experience.

Plucking a rhythmic melody on Swansong, the Imperial crooned just loud enough for Sam to hear...

'Twas once I walked along a cliff-lined coast
When suddenly a ship wrecked down below!
I feared for her poor crew, and was engrossed
In seeing who of them to shore would go.

As closer still I looked, I spied their flags:
A field full-black, its only charge a skull...
Could these be pirates, horrid scallywags?
My pity lessened for their shattered hull.

And then a cry alighted on my ears,
"Our Capn's dead, Ol' Redmane is no more!"
I watched the crew shed salty, bitter tears,
As they brought their cruel captain to the shore.

And sure enough, with scars and tatterred wings,
Redmane it was, bedecked in jewels and rings.

The mane of this fine pearlcatcher, indeed,
Was fiery red and flowing like seaweed.
His claws were tipped in gold, and his fine pearl
Had, just like his torso, a crimson swirl.

Really, this pirate king was dead and gone?
Could there be hope for bright and safer dawn?
After his yearslong reign of fear and woe,
It was a shipwreck that ended this foe?

But then, commotion came up from the beach.
Redmane lived on! Ah, so much for my speech...

Sam laughed at that last line, and clapped loudly, along with the crowd that had gathered as Liblikas had sung his composition. Smiling and bowing again, he toasted the room, and everyone cheered again and drank. He and Sam smiled at one another.

It was going to be a festive night in the Tavern, no doubt!

Next person, please try to stick to the named dragons on the first page of each lair tab. :)
Ah, thank you MilkshakeTrex! Unfortunately that doesn't quite match my headcannon for Rigil, so I won't be using it, but I'm glad you had fun writing it at least. :)
@TheWinterBard [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78353830][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/783539/78353830.png[/img][/url] "Aren't I just fabulous?"[/center] A quick flying skydancer who has an ego the size of a mountain, Rigil isn't exactly the most pleasant dragon to be around. They're fussy, arrogant, and will cause a scene when ordered to do any sort of dirty work. Too much of their clans' relief, nobody sees the vain skydancer much, because if they do, they're in for an earful as to how great and fabulous Rigil is. The reason why others don't see Rigil much is because they really hate the cold weather. They would rather lounge in their den, admiring themself in a mirror, sitting there on a lavish velvet couch and not doing anything else, forcing their familiar to do the chores around the lair. ----- Np: I'd like some lore for Bones here (He's got some stuff in his bio for possible inspiration) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80266996][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/802670/80266996_350.png[/img][/url]
@TheWinterBard
78353830.png

"Aren't I just fabulous?"

A quick flying skydancer who has an ego the size of a mountain, Rigil isn't exactly the most pleasant dragon to be around. They're fussy, arrogant, and will cause a scene when ordered to do any sort of dirty work. Too much of their clans' relief, nobody sees the vain skydancer much, because if they do, they're in for an earful as to how great and fabulous Rigil is. The reason why others don't see Rigil much is because they really hate the cold weather. They would rather lounge in their den, admiring themself in a mirror, sitting there on a lavish velvet couch and not doing anything else, forcing their familiar to do the chores around the lair.
Np: I'd like some lore for Bones here (He's got some stuff in his bio for possible inspiration)

80266996_350.png
YMPbu9R.pngdFnwkLI.png oySYa5s.png 6Je3hjY.png
tyEuRXe.png LCqISMP.png nupGNag.png RfMwnPI.png
twiuBT0.png I5qcdda.png uVEyOnT.png jlA5frr.png
[font=georgia][size=2]@MilkshakeTrex [center][font=century][size=7][s]BONES[/s][/size][/font][/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80266996][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/802670/80266996_350.png[/img][/url][/center] ----- [columns]               [nextcol][center][emoji=skull size=1] [font=georgia][size=3]He never speaks, never makes himself known to any but those he deems safe enough for his attention. His selectiveness both in speech and those he associates with makes him a deterrent to dragons unable to penetrate the initial defenses he puts up, but those who look deeper see a different story. When there is no need for words, silence reigns supreme; in the white noise of quiet one may hear the whispering of old bones and the spirits lingering in hide and fur - forgotten to all but him. [/center][nextcol]               [/columns] ----- [font=georgia][size=2][b]next: i would love some lore for [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84795356]deva[/url] here!
@MilkshakeTrex

BONES

80266996_350.png

               

He never speaks, never makes himself known to any but those he deems safe enough for his attention. His selectiveness both in speech and those he associates with makes him a deterrent to dragons unable to penetrate the initial defenses he puts up, but those who look deeper see a different story.
When there is no need for words, silence reigns supreme; in the white noise of quiet one may hear the whispering of old bones and the spirits lingering in hide and fur - forgotten to all but him.
               

next: i would love some lore for deva here!
RfsQVuR.jpg animalism#228827
any pronouns
fr + 2
@animalism [s]claim![/s] here we go! sorry it took so long ive been surprisingly busy all day! -- [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84795356][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/847954/84795356_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol] [right][color=#ad684b][font=corbel][i] "Dry warm wind blowing across the desert, scattering sand and tumbleweeds along with it. [br] The snakes and buzzards congregate, following signs of life.." [/i][/right] [center][color=#74402a]There is a distant cave in a seemingly arid wasteland, secretly teeming with life. If you know where to look, there lives a dragon who ventures out when the sun has set and the desert chill seeps past their fur, beneath the clear twinkle of starlight. She collects the dried and scattered bones, bringing them back to the network of tunnels to lay them to rest.A final end, sheltered from the elements. The cave passages are narrow, but not cramped. She is alright with this. She does not need to feel the air beneath her wings like many others do. She burrows down, further down, into her system of tunnels, making her underground world feel just as expansive as the one above. She always allows travelers a night's rest withing the caves when passing through if they wish, providing much needed respite from the harshness of the desert.[/center] [/columns] ----- for whoever's next after me, i'd love lore for anyone in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/507604/1919977]this tab![/url]
@animalism claim! here we go! sorry it took so long ive been surprisingly busy all day!
--
84795356_350.png

"Dry warm wind blowing across the desert, scattering sand and tumbleweeds along with it.
The snakes and buzzards congregate, following signs of life.."
There is a distant cave in a seemingly arid wasteland, secretly teeming with life. If you know where to look, there lives a dragon who ventures out when the sun has set and the desert chill seeps past their fur, beneath the clear twinkle of starlight.

She collects the dried and scattered bones, bringing them back to the network of tunnels to lay them to rest.A final end, sheltered from the elements. The cave passages are narrow, but not cramped. She is alright with this. She does not need to feel the air beneath her wings like many others do. She burrows down, further down, into her system of tunnels, making her underground world feel just as expansive as the one above.

She always allows travelers a night's rest withing the caves when passing through if they wish, providing much needed respite from the harshness of the desert.

for whoever's next after me, i'd love lore for anyone in this tab!
15288.png Mattie/Sol
MUYNhfy.pngQ0p4QGz.png
bYt72YT.png fkWjutW.png
J7D1quC.pngWKtl2lb.png
྿྿྿
྿྿྿
[center][font=constantia][size=4][color=#3b2c25]@solarswitchback[/color][/size][/font] [font=constantia][size=3][color=#3b2c25][i]the broadcast message says "man" so i'm gonna assume terra uses he/him, but please correct me if i'm wrong! i know some people use silhouette scrolls so they can use specific skins on their dragons but yeah:)[/i][/color][/size][/font] ----- [size=5][font=optima][color=#a97346][b]Terra[/b][/color][/font][/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57892429][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/578925/57892429p.png[/img][/url] [font=constantia][size=4][color=#3b2c25]As a Gaoler whose flesh lives on in gears and magic, Terra is rather unsightly to those unfamiliar with mecha-dragons. As he neared the end of his days, Terra decided to devote his time to preserving his body as best as he could. Both a metalsmith and a student of the Arcanist, he combined his knowledge to reshape his failing body into a mechanism of molten metals and magic. The residents of Sanctuary are rather unphased by his unique appearance, as many of them are already strange in their own ways, so Terra was welcomed in with open arms regardless. Though he's rather shut-off and stoic, he admittedly hated the idea of loneliness. But what he hated more than that was failure. The very reason he kept himself alive in the first place was that he believed he'd failed at life, never achieving his goal of becoming an esteemed sorcerer, and he was determined to fulfill that promise for as long as he could move. Though it undeniably hurts to be alive in such an unnatural fashion, the promising opportunities found within Sanctuary make it worth the effort. ----- [font=constantia][size=3][color=#3b2c25][i]if you wanna use this, you can feel free to add on or edit any parts you like! i don't mind at all:) terra is a wonderful progen! ----- try and go for someone with an empty bio please!
@solarswitchback
the broadcast message says "man" so i'm gonna assume terra uses he/him, but please correct me if i'm wrong! i know some people use silhouette scrolls so they can use specific skins on their dragons but yeah:)
Terra
57892429p.png
As a Gaoler whose flesh lives on in gears and magic, Terra is rather unsightly to those unfamiliar with mecha-dragons. As he neared the end of his days, Terra decided to devote his time to preserving his body as best as he could. Both a metalsmith and a student of the Arcanist, he combined his knowledge to reshape his failing body into a mechanism of molten metals and magic. The residents of Sanctuary are rather unphased by his unique appearance, as many of them are already strange in their own ways, so Terra was welcomed in with open arms regardless. Though he's rather shut-off and stoic, he admittedly hated the idea of loneliness.
But what he hated more than that was failure. The very reason he kept himself alive in the first place was that he believed he'd failed at life, never achieving his goal of becoming an esteemed sorcerer, and he was determined to fulfill that promise for as long as he could move. Though it undeniably hurts to be alive in such an unnatural fashion, the promising opportunities found within Sanctuary make it worth the effort.

if you wanna use this, you can feel free to add on or edit any parts you like! i don't mind at all:) terra is a wonderful progen!

try and go for someone with an empty bio please!
SASPITITE | any but she/her | friend reqs open | frt +2

LINKS | about me | a hotel...? | avatar | wishlist | art shop
[center]@saspitite OOC: Fun faact! I saw your hotel thing in your bio on another forum and it really intrigued me so I really find it neat I was able to write for ya. I tried to go in the same dreamcore-esque manner you had for some other dragons as well as a little blurb of a somewhat normal lore bit. I do hope you like it^^ --- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82725118][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/827252/82725118_350.png[/img][/url] Though there's a few other eateries within the Diner, Bubbly Bells Bakery always seems to be a favorite with hotel guests. Kiragi wasn't the original owner of the shop. The last one seemed to... [i]disappear[/i]... into thin air. [font=Monospace][color=white]They don't know They don't know They don't know They don't know They don't know They don't know They don't know They don't know They can't know [/color][/font] Due to the mysterious circumstances, another dragon was needed to fill in their absence and who better than Kiragi? They had stayed at the hotel long enough and hung around the bakery often so it just made sense. Though it can be a while in between visits from anyone else other than other staff, Kiragi doesn't mind doing it much. The only pesky thing about it is keeping [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83721986][color=red]the rats[/color][/url] away but even that doesn't seem to be proven to be too hard as long as she doesn't look directly at them. [font=Monospace][color=white]They keep watching me I can't get them to stop make it stop make it stop make it stop make it stop make it stop make it stop make it[/color][/font] Even when their not busy though, the little skydancer continuously bakes, trying out new recipes to the point where the menu seems to change every other day? Does that cupcake have... eyes? [font=monospace][color=white]Squash it Smush it Spatter it Mush it Mangle it Crush it Burn it make it stop it keeps looking at me It has eyes everywhere make it stop make it stop make it stop[/font][/color] Anyways, it's always a treat to go try new things. It's one of the shops that has more... palatable offerings at least. All in all, Kiragi and her trusy swan Hope will always make sure you get one of the best pastries you'll ever have. [font=Monospace][color=white]Or one of the last pastries depending on what you get.[/font][/color] ---------------------- [i]Though the Bubbly Bells Bakery was originally ran by another dragon, Kiragi has since took over the business in their absence. The Skydancer seems a little too out of place for a place such as this. So kind and sweet. Something has to lurk deeper below the guise, though none have found it yet- or at least lived to tell the tale. Since she's taken over the bakery, there's been many changes to the menu. New teas, pastries, even little fruit salads! While we don't know where she gets the fruit for them, rest assured it's still delicious. She isn't seen much outside the Bakery. Briefly once, she ventured outside the haven of the bakery to deliver a scone to [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83541474]Arusha[/url] as the Pearlcatcher couldn't come pick it up on her own but after what seemed like an encounter with [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84907778]the pool itself[/url], she hasn't went out since. It seems a little strange to others but to those who have been in the Hotel long enough, they just know it's typical for one to stay in their own places for long periods of time. It's safer there than outside. [/i] -------------- -------------- For the next person, most of my dergs are in my hibden but there's a few out of it as well. Anyone is fair game except for sales pages (They are labeled on the tabs)[/center]
@saspitite

OOC: Fun faact! I saw your hotel thing in your bio on another forum and it really intrigued me so I really find it neat I was able to write for ya. I tried to go in the same dreamcore-esque manner you had for some other dragons as well as a little blurb of a somewhat normal lore bit. I do hope you like it^^
---
82725118_350.png

Though there's a few other eateries within the Diner, Bubbly Bells Bakery always seems to be a favorite with hotel guests. Kiragi wasn't the original owner of the shop. The last one seemed to... disappear... into thin air.
They don't know They don't know They don't know They don't know They don't know They don't know They don't know They don't know They can't know
Due to the mysterious circumstances, another dragon was needed to fill in their absence and who better than Kiragi? They had stayed at the hotel long enough and hung around the bakery often so it just made sense. Though it can be a while in between visits from anyone else other than other staff, Kiragi doesn't mind doing it much. The only pesky thing about it is keeping the rats away but even that doesn't seem to be proven to be too hard as long as she doesn't look directly at them.
They keep watching me I can't get them to stop make it stop make it stop make it stop make it stop make it stop make it stop make it
Even when their not busy though, the little skydancer continuously bakes, trying out new recipes to the point where the menu seems to change every other day? Does that cupcake have... eyes?
Squash it Smush it Spatter it Mush it Mangle it Crush it Burn it make it stop it keeps looking at me It has eyes everywhere make it stop make it stop make it stop
Anyways, it's always a treat to go try new things. It's one of the shops that has more... palatable offerings at least. All in all, Kiragi and her trusy swan Hope will always make sure you get one of the best pastries you'll ever have.
Or one of the last pastries depending on what you get.

Though the Bubbly Bells Bakery was originally ran by another dragon, Kiragi has since took over the business in their absence. The Skydancer seems a little too out of place for a place such as this. So kind and sweet. Something has to lurk deeper below the guise, though none have found it yet- or at least lived to tell the tale. Since she's taken over the bakery, there's been many changes to the menu. New teas, pastries, even little fruit salads! While we don't know where she gets the fruit for them, rest assured it's still delicious.

She isn't seen much outside the Bakery. Briefly once, she ventured outside the haven of the bakery to deliver a scone to Arusha as the Pearlcatcher couldn't come pick it up on her own but after what seemed like an encounter with the pool itself, she hasn't went out since. It seems a little strange to others but to those who have been in the Hotel long enough, they just know it's typical for one to stay in their own places for long periods of time. It's safer there than outside.

For the next person, most of my dergs are in my hibden but there's a few out of it as well. Anyone is fair game except for sales pages (They are labeled on the tabs)
u9KXIA8.pngygWzlbs.pngybizMWD.pngQJAOLGp.pngaL21n5x.pngupJLoFN.pngd3XCZt0.pngu0xFVz1.pngY8tJr9S.pngZmyB7sL.png1SmsGK7.pngk3CBmiB.png
yym0GF5.png
[font=georgia][size=2]@Miere [center][font=century][size=7][s]KINDRA[/s][/size][/font][/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67484521][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/674846/67484521_350.png[/img][/url][/center] ----- [columns]               [nextcol][center][emoji=black gem size=1] [font=georgia][size=3]Even the dead forest requires a caretaker. She weaves between charred and rotting trees, passes over layers upon layers of wet, crumbling needles and leaves, plucks up the ruffled fungi that cover every surface for the opportunity of decomposition. The sickly sweet scent of peat and black soil hugs her hide like perfume, and in every wilted, color-drained petal and twig she finds value. The deep wood is at its most useful, she's learned, when it sleeps at the precipice of the end. [/center][nextcol]               [/columns] ----- [font=georgia][size=2][b]next: i would love some lore for [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84795356]deva[/url] here!
@Miere

KINDRA

67484521_350.png

               

Even the dead forest requires a caretaker. She weaves between charred and rotting trees, passes over layers upon layers of wet, crumbling needles and leaves, plucks up the ruffled fungi that cover every surface for the opportunity of decomposition. The sickly sweet scent of peat and black soil hugs her hide like perfume, and in every wilted, color-drained petal and twig she finds value. The deep wood is at its most useful, she's learned, when it sleeps at the precipice of the end.
               

next: i would love some lore for deva here!
RfsQVuR.jpg animalism#228827
any pronouns
fr + 2
@animalism I tried my own take on aesthetic/fancy forum post! Hope you find this lore fun! ------ [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84795356][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/847954/84795356.png[/img][/url] [size=4][font=Fantasy][b]"YOU WERE FRANTIC AND FOOLISH, YOU KEPT NO TRACK OF TIME, YOU RAN YOUR DELICATE BODY INTO ITS NATURAL END, YOU BURNED ALL YOUR CANDLES TO STUMPS, YOU ARE TIRED AND HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO LAY DOWN, YOU HAVE EARNED THIS REPERCUSSION, THIS REWARD, THIS RECKONING, YOU FINALLY NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DECAY GRACEFULLY"[/b][/font][/size][/center] [right][size=3][font=Fantasy]Text by [url=https://samsketchbook.tumblr.com/post/153882336611/the-text-reads-you-were-frantic-and-foolish]SAMSKETCHBOOK[/url] Small CW, It is artistic surrealist depiction of decay, close to FR skins tho[/font][/size][/right] ------ [center][emoji=deer skull size=1][/center] [center][size=4][font=Fantasy]These living bones, intertwined with serpents of gold scales on black hide, is not one of malice. On the contrary. This gentle soul inhabiting it's own remains is of peace. Having lived out its life to the fullest, expirienced all life has to offer. From joy to grief, from love to hate. Neither was it's death cruel, merely a cycle of life. Whoever this being was, it had the most gentle death. If you were to study its grave, you would see artifacts of what must be gifts. Intricate vases, handsmithed jewlery of silver and gold, little figures of creatures. Everything you can tell was made with love, out of love, for whoever gently haunts these bones. Nobody fully knows who reawoke them. There is not even much evidence that this was anyones doing. One day, an old grave awoke and decided that they have not given back enough love to the world. Were you to meet them, they would gently approach, the many wings of this spirit fluttering slowly, it floating towards you. Not once would you feel threatened, you would feel at home. Carefully the stand before you, maybe even towering over you, and you would feel the care it tries to give you. Silently you'd whisper if you could know what they are called, and even quieter, you hear somebody say [i]"Deva."[/i] [/center] [center][emoji=deer skull size=1][/center] ------ I really hope this doesn't look too pretentious ^^' As soon as I saw Deva I remembered that piece from Samsketchbook and I thought it'd fit Deva's vibe really well. Again, I really hope you like it! ------ Maybe an extention to idnerths lore? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82405090][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/824051/82405090_350.png[/img][/url]
@animalism
I tried my own take on aesthetic/fancy forum post! Hope you find this lore fun!
84795356.png
"YOU WERE FRANTIC AND FOOLISH, YOU KEPT NO TRACK OF TIME, YOU RAN YOUR DELICATE BODY INTO ITS NATURAL END,
YOU BURNED ALL YOUR CANDLES TO STUMPS, YOU ARE TIRED AND HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO LAY DOWN,
YOU HAVE EARNED THIS REPERCUSSION, THIS REWARD, THIS RECKONING,
YOU FINALLY NEED TO KNOW

HOW TO DECAY GRACEFULLY"
Text by SAMSKETCHBOOK
Small CW, It is artistic surrealist depiction of decay, close to FR skins tho

These living bones, intertwined with serpents of gold scales on black hide, is not one of malice. On the contrary.
This gentle soul inhabiting it's own remains is of peace. Having lived out its life to the fullest, expirienced all life has to offer. From joy to grief, from love to hate. Neither was it's death cruel, merely a cycle of life. Whoever this being was, it had the most gentle death.
If you were to study its grave, you would see artifacts of what must be gifts. Intricate vases, handsmithed jewlery of silver and gold, little figures of creatures. Everything you can tell was made with love, out of love, for whoever gently haunts these bones.

Nobody fully knows who reawoke them. There is not even much evidence that this was anyones doing. One day, an old grave awoke and decided that they have not given back enough love to the world.
Were you to meet them, they would gently approach, the many wings of this spirit fluttering slowly, it floating towards you. Not once would you feel threatened, you would feel at home.

Carefully the stand before you, maybe even towering over you, and you would feel the care it tries to give you.

Silently you'd whisper if you could know what they are called,

and even quieter, you hear somebody say

"Deva."

I really hope this doesn't look too pretentious ^^'
As soon as I saw Deva I remembered that piece from Samsketchbook and I thought it'd fit Deva's vibe really well. Again, I really hope you like it!
Maybe an extention to idnerths lore?
82405090_350.png
> About me
> Lore (WIP)
> Wishlist
> tba
> Safe a derg from yeeting?
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
hhiiiii Nikel :) [i]*grabs hold of yoU*[/i] @NikTheBug [rule] [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82405090][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/824051/82405090_350.png[/img][/url] The Voyaging Siege was not a rebellion to be trifled with. Stalwart in their beliefs of justice for clans wronged by cruel monarchs, the veilspun in their ranks were well-trained in fierce battle; swift, strong, and efficient. Those who had caught the attention of the swarm, for better or for worse, would always raise their heads at their approach, eyes wide and mouth agape, as the humming of hundreds of small wingbeats conjured a thunder like the drums of war. Idnerth took his position as leader quite seriously. He was a beacon for those suffering, a small glimmer of hope in the darkness. He would never allow a cry for help to be ignored, as he would never allow the sinister ways of their tyrants to go unpunished. But when he wasn't leading his swarm into battle, or creating battle plans for their next siege, Idnerth took great care of his warriors. The swarm was not just a rebellion, but a family, a [i]home.[/i] A home that traveled from region to region, picking up more and more brave volunteers as they went, letting their family grow ever larger. They cared for one another like blood, even if many of them were not. When children were born, it was a time of celebration for the entire swarm. Communal care became a norm quite quickly, especially during times of battle. Some would be left in secret areas, far away from the battlefield to watch over the young; guarding, listening, and waiting for the victorious return of the rest of their family. There was never fear that the return would never come. There was never fear that the hatchlings' parents would be lost. Because the swarm was strong, and the swarm fought as one. They were undefeated so far. Surely the day would never come where that changed. ...But that day did arrive. When no one could have expected it. The swarm hadn't even been out for war; they'd been migrating, Idnerth guiding his warriors through his old home in the light-touched lands. Children were laughing, just stretching out their wings, and the warriors were recovering from a hard-fought battle. Victorious as always. Beaming with pride, basking in their glory - relaxed and content. A needed respite, and one that would be far-greater indulged once they reached their new temporary home. But they never arrived. The battle-scarred warriors, valiant strong as they were, could never take down an Emperor. It wasn't anyone's fault, really. Just the wrong time. The wrong place. But that never stopped the screams from ringing out in Idnerth's mind, plaguing him, destroying him; a sense of survivor's guilt welling up inside of him, crying out demands as to why he was spared when they weren't. When his family weren't. When [i]children[/i] weren't. It was a devastating end to such a noble cause. And, what's worse... he knows that news can travel fast. What will become of those still suffering? Who were looking to the skies hoping, one day, to hear the thundering wingbeats? What a tragedy. What a shame. [rule] [/center] I love angst. Devours Hope this is okay my guy!! I am a bit rusty lmao As for the next person, hit me with The Guy: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84077853][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/840779/84077853_350.png[/img][/url]
hhiiiii Nikel :) *grabs hold of yoU*
@NikTheBug

82405090_350.png

The Voyaging Siege was not a rebellion to be trifled with. Stalwart in their beliefs of justice for clans wronged by cruel monarchs, the veilspun in their ranks were well-trained in fierce battle; swift, strong, and efficient. Those who had caught the attention of the swarm, for better or for worse, would always raise their heads at their approach, eyes wide and mouth agape, as the humming of hundreds of small wingbeats conjured a thunder like the drums of war.

Idnerth took his position as leader quite seriously. He was a beacon for those suffering, a small glimmer of hope in the darkness. He would never allow a cry for help to be ignored, as he would never allow the sinister ways of their tyrants to go unpunished.

But when he wasn't leading his swarm into battle, or creating battle plans for their next siege, Idnerth took great care of his warriors. The swarm was not just a rebellion, but a family, a home. A home that traveled from region to region, picking up more and more brave volunteers as they went, letting their family grow ever larger.
They cared for one another like blood, even if many of them were not. When children were born, it was a time of celebration for the entire swarm. Communal care became a norm quite quickly, especially during times of battle. Some would be left in secret areas, far away from the battlefield to watch over the young; guarding, listening, and waiting for the victorious return of the rest of their family. There was never fear that the return would never come. There was never fear that the hatchlings' parents would be lost.
Because the swarm was strong, and the swarm fought as one. They were undefeated so far. Surely the day would never come where that changed.

...But that day did arrive. When no one could have expected it.
The swarm hadn't even been out for war; they'd been migrating, Idnerth guiding his warriors through his old home in the light-touched lands. Children were laughing, just stretching out their wings, and the warriors were recovering from a hard-fought battle. Victorious as always. Beaming with pride, basking in their glory - relaxed and content. A needed respite, and one that would be far-greater indulged once they reached their new temporary home.
But they never arrived.
The battle-scarred warriors, valiant strong as they were, could never take down an Emperor.
It wasn't anyone's fault, really. Just the wrong time. The wrong place.

But that never stopped the screams from ringing out in Idnerth's mind, plaguing him, destroying him; a sense of survivor's guilt welling up inside of him, crying out demands as to why he was spared when they weren't. When his family weren't. When children weren't.
It was a devastating end to such a noble cause. And, what's worse... he knows that news can travel fast. What will become of those still suffering? Who were looking to the skies hoping, one day, to hear the thundering wingbeats?

What a tragedy.
What a shame.
I love angst. Devours
Hope this is okay my guy!! I am a bit rusty lmao

As for the next person, hit me with The Guy:
84077853_350.png
Clam | She/They | 20 | FR+3
Lore Forum [BIG WIP]
Wishlist
Want some free babies?
My FR Tumblr
1086.png
* I am new 'round these parts! Let me know if I make mistakes!
* Very lore heavy lair!
* Fae enjoyer :)!
* Will be sure to update this once I get things to scatter in here lmao
@Clam Sorry this took so long. Hopefully you like it. [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84077853][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/840779/84077853.png[/img][/url] Martello [i]What kind of disaster have I stumbled on?[/i] [/center] Martello, like so many Guardians before him, has ventured out into Sornieth in search of his charge. And just like the others before him, he won't know what his charge is until it just about slaps him across the snout. This has led to him traveling far and wide. He has helped some clans, left some clans, helped some more clans, the cycle seems to go on. He can't help it though. His engineering mind is not one to wallow in angst. Far from it. The whole point of the Search is to prove that he isn't another lump of adolescent dragon incapable of taking charge of his destiny. He is decisive, knows his limits, and has the fortitude to understand that there are some things simply out of his control. This sagacious approach to his lifestyle bleeds into his combat prowess. In a fight, every single strike is precise and strong. During his practice sessions he focuses on going through the moves and technique. Others have been enraptured by his training, stating that it looks more like he is dancing. Martello has yet to find his charge. He is patient however and does not mind traveling to find it. [rule] For the next person, please try to select dragons that do not have very much written for them but have bio templates present. I usually include a profession that may help with inspiration.
@Clam

Sorry this took so long. Hopefully you like it.
84077853.png

Martello
What kind of disaster have I stumbled on?

Martello, like so many Guardians before him, has ventured out into Sornieth in search of his charge. And just like the others before him, he won't know what his charge is until it just about slaps him across the snout. This has led to him traveling far and wide. He has helped some clans, left some clans, helped some more clans, the cycle seems to go on.

He can't help it though. His engineering mind is not one to wallow in angst. Far from it. The whole point of the Search is to prove that he isn't another lump of adolescent dragon incapable of taking charge of his destiny. He is decisive, knows his limits, and has the fortitude to understand that there are some things simply out of his control. This sagacious approach to his lifestyle bleeds into his combat prowess.

In a fight, every single strike is precise and strong. During his practice sessions he focuses on going through the moves and technique. Others have been enraptured by his training, stating that it looks more like he is dancing.

Martello has yet to find his charge. He is patient however and does not mind traveling to find it.

For the next person, please try to select dragons that do not have very much written for them but have bio templates present. I usually include a profession that may help with inspiration.
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
1 2 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 125 126