Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What do you do when you have a g1...
1 2 3 4 5
I have one dragon I bought specifically for the prim/sec combo. The tert doesn't look horrible with everyhting else per se, but the color scheme looks far more stellar without the tert showing up. Sometimes Basic fits the need better without you requiring to shell out more to buy a tert gene. I don't really gun for trying to force a tert just for the sake of a dragon having a tert.
I have one dragon I bought specifically for the prim/sec combo. The tert doesn't look horrible with everyhting else per se, but the color scheme looks far more stellar without the tert showing up. Sometimes Basic fits the need better without you requiring to shell out more to buy a tert gene. I don't really gun for trying to force a tert just for the sake of a dragon having a tert.
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
i just leave the tert basic
i just leave the tert basic
n9sEhSB.png you can call me Qwil
there is no U anywhere in my username
nej6cGW.png
JHqnR5C.png
FObX7rS.png
8GgdVkW.png
I have no qualms with leaving them tertless if I really can't make it work.
I have no qualms with leaving them tertless if I really can't make it work.
tumblr_petjqu6l6D1uz135no8_500.gif
I ended up with capsule for my gold/lavender/swamp progen. It was expensive, but also the only thing that looked even a little bit good!
I ended up with capsule for my gold/lavender/swamp progen. It was expensive, but also the only thing that looked even a little bit good!
maGaaTX.png Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.
-Revelation 4: 8b
W1ufEjp.png
I have no qualms leaving it basic even if the tert is very matchy and workable, if I don't like the way any current terts make the dragon look. [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1] But also contrasty terts can look really good in a variety of genes, it just depends on what sort of vision I'm going with.
I have no qualms leaving it basic even if the tert is very matchy and workable, if I don't like the way any current terts make the dragon look. But also contrasty terts can look really good in a variety of genes, it just depends on what sort of vision I'm going with.
Basic is valid, but also Peacock has saved many of my scries! I wish we had more terts that brought out accent colors. I usually just don't buy a G1 if I can't get the colors to match. I'm generally pretty lucky with my hatches, but I have a couple right now that are just kinda eh and might get sold
Basic is valid, but also Peacock has saved many of my scries! I wish we had more terts that brought out accent colors. I usually just don't buy a G1 if I can't get the colors to match. I'm generally pretty lucky with my hatches, but I have a couple right now that are just kinda eh and might get sold
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png
my go-to tert savers:
  • firefly for light-colored terts
  • capsule, which often changes the color just enough to make it work
  • ancients pt. 1: some ancient prim/sec genes have unique accents that might match a tert when nothing else does (e.g., boa/saddle). also, some ancient terts have accent colors (e.g., sailfin, mandibles).
  • ancients pt. 2: linebreaking ancient terts are often great for making a contrasting tert look good. did you roll latte/soil/sky? gaoler with blossom. did you roll something even remotely resembling an evil tree? aberration with polypore. other lifesavers include branches and wraith.
  • basic. I don't consider basic to be a last resort: I just want my dragon to look the best it can. if a tert is workable with a certain scry but I like the basic scry better, I'll go with basic.
my go-to tert savers:
  • firefly for light-colored terts
  • capsule, which often changes the color just enough to make it work
  • ancients pt. 1: some ancient prim/sec genes have unique accents that might match a tert when nothing else does (e.g., boa/saddle). also, some ancient terts have accent colors (e.g., sailfin, mandibles).
  • ancients pt. 2: linebreaking ancient terts are often great for making a contrasting tert look good. did you roll latte/soil/sky? gaoler with blossom. did you roll something even remotely resembling an evil tree? aberration with polypore. other lifesavers include branches and wraith.
  • basic. I don't consider basic to be a last resort: I just want my dragon to look the best it can. if a tert is workable with a certain scry but I like the basic scry better, I'll go with basic.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I use stained on a good portion of my G1 projects which makes this a little complicated because it’s not just a “fix the bad tert” option for me, often it’s the first gene I try out so I don’t even care how bad it looks with other genes. So if stained doesn’t look good and no other tert looks good, I will either leave it basic, leave everything basic and give it a full skin, or I will just sell or train+exalt.
I use stained on a good portion of my G1 projects which makes this a little complicated because it’s not just a “fix the bad tert” option for me, often it’s the first gene I try out so I don’t even care how bad it looks with other genes. So if stained doesn’t look good and no other tert looks good, I will either leave it basic, leave everything basic and give it a full skin, or I will just sell or train+exalt.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
If it's a dark tert...Mosaic / Veined, or Wasp / Veined. Aside from obvious choices like Spines/Stained/Soap of course. I usually don't consider dragons with bad terts since I spend a lot of gems on projects...can't be bothered to spend on a dragon who doesn't convince me!
If it's a dark tert...Mosaic / Veined, or Wasp / Veined. Aside from obvious choices like Spines/Stained/Soap of course. I usually don't consider dragons with bad terts since I spend a lot of gems on projects...can't be bothered to spend on a dragon who doesn't convince me!
wlLXM.gif
stained>soap>spines>basic
i'll just wait for a gene that fits
stained>soap>spines>basic
i'll just wait for a gene that fits
WKtl2lb.png
fkWjutW.png
+++++++++++++++++++++++
When all else fails, use fire.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
tumblr_inline_njw5izoAKY1qg2i5p.gif
1 2 3 4 5