Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Stereotypes?
1 2 3 4 5
As a droplet I really appreciate that you see us as cryptids
As a droplet I really appreciate that you see us as cryptids
XI8Ptgx.jpg
My stereotype is Earth flight members are quiet.
...Quietly running coli all day... ;D
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
i DO in fact max out the fairgrounds every day as part of my afternoon routine!
i DO in fact max out the fairgrounds every day as part of my afternoon routine!
ice stereotype is that nobody can stereotype us xD i've seen quite a few threads like this, i suppose we aren't loud enough
ice stereotype is that nobody can stereotype us xD i've seen quite a few threads like this, i suppose we aren't loud enough
pj11X8O.png ______

he/him • fr+7
dont ever put me in a situation ∞
[quote name="Bromine" date="2023-03-29 04:36:39" ] ice stereotype is that nobody can stereotype us xD i've seen quite a few threads like this, i suppose we aren't loud enough [/quote] I feel like in terms of ice flight user's lore it's either really intense prison stuff or their dragons are chilling in the tundra, and 9/10 times I go to an ice flight user's profile they're an exalting lair, in that case they're usually very blunt and straightforward, and the 1/10 that aren't that aren't are usually very bubbly and silly.
Bromine wrote on 2023-03-29 04:36:39:
I feel like in terms of ice flight user's lore it's either really intense prison stuff or their dragons are chilling in the tundra, and 9/10 times I go to an ice flight user's profile they're an exalting lair, in that case they're usually very blunt and straightforward, and the 1/10 that aren't that aren't are usually very bubbly and silly.
3EIL5RM.png SwhjRD4.pngd3XCZt0.pngWeReVnH.pngaQp8eZz.pngt6Bzul7.png
85212510.png
jeremy says hi
[quote name="WHDE" date="2023-03-29 02:48:32" ] My stereotype is Earth flight members are quiet. ...Quietly running coli all day... ;D [/quote] I would actually argue that' we're a very loud flight, despite being so small we seem to have a very large forum presence... Or maybe I'm just biased and remember when I see fellow earthies more often.
WHDE wrote on 2023-03-29 02:48:32:
I would actually argue that' we're a very loud flight, despite being so small we seem to have a very large forum presence... Or maybe I'm just biased and remember when I see fellow earthies more often.
3EIL5RM.png SwhjRD4.pngd3XCZt0.pngWeReVnH.pngaQp8eZz.pngt6Bzul7.png
85212510.png
jeremy says hi
@JonSnOwO

88V
@JonSnOwO

88V
[quote name="Achaius" date="2023-03-28 10:38:16" ] There's also a sizable subset of Arcane players who are like "you know, I don't even like pink" which strikes me as unusual. Don't get me wrong, no one has to like pink. But you never see Lightning players saying "you know, I don't like robots" or Nature players saying "you know, I don't like green" or Plague players saying "you know, I don't like gross suppurating goop." It's always just Arcane/pink. [/quote] I mean, to be fair, as a former arcanite, I think a lot of us came for the space/magic stuff and were suprised by the overwhelming pink aesthetic. I know for me personally, pink is one of my least favourite colours and the pink eyes were a huge reason in why I left arcane lol. A lot of people do come for/like the pink! Just not me personally [quote]Lightning: Spreadsheets galore. Rather meme-y, will max out their fairgrounds as a matter of morning routine[/quote] Not so much the spreadsheets but I do feel called out by the second part, yes I do maximise fairgrounds everyday. It’s the best money making strategy!
Achaius wrote on 2023-03-28 10:38:16:
There's also a sizable subset of Arcane players who are like "you know, I don't even like pink" which strikes me as unusual.

Don't get me wrong, no one has to like pink. But you never see Lightning players saying "you know, I don't like robots" or Nature players saying "you know, I don't like green" or Plague players saying "you know, I don't like gross suppurating goop." It's always just Arcane/pink.
I mean, to be fair, as a former arcanite, I think a lot of us came for the space/magic stuff and were suprised by the overwhelming pink aesthetic. I know for me personally, pink is one of my least favourite colours and the pink eyes were a huge reason in why I left arcane lol. A lot of people do come for/like the pink! Just not me personally
Quote:
Lightning: Spreadsheets galore. Rather meme-y, will max out their fairgrounds as a matter of morning routine
Not so much the spreadsheets but I do feel called out by the second part, yes I do maximise fairgrounds everyday. It’s the best money making strategy!
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
…so far this thread’s been 10x more useful than all the “What’s [Element] Like?” threads I’ve read!
…so far this thread’s been 10x more useful than all the “What’s [Element] Like?” threads I’ve read!
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
[color=555176]@Fact Slightly off-topic but i wanted to reply [quote]I mean, to be fair, as a former arcanite, I think a lot of us came for the space/magic stuff and were suprised by the overwhelming pink aesthetic. I know for me personally, pink is one of my least favourite colours and the pink eyes were a huge reason in why I left arcane lol. A lot of people do come for/like the pink! Just not me personally[/quote] Mood, i actually left arcane due to the pink eyes, i don't mind pink/magenta at all! though the eyes were.. too much without having to go out of my way to rent nests for basically EVERY pair of mine. Considering how much i love breeding dragons and my varied tastes having nearly all of them come out as inherently unmatching with the eyes was too much for me. (besides with more matchy eyes it gives me more opportunities to rent out my own nests) --- I personally don't really hold stereotypes based on flight (consciously anyway), but it's so interesting to see what others believe in that regard!
@Fact

Slightly off-topic but i wanted to reply
Quote:
I mean, to be fair, as a former arcanite, I think a lot of us came for the space/magic stuff and were suprised by the overwhelming pink aesthetic. I know for me personally, pink is one of my least favourite colours and the pink eyes were a huge reason in why I left arcane lol. A lot of people do come for/like the pink! Just not me personally
Mood, i actually left arcane due to the pink eyes, i don't mind pink/magenta at all! though the eyes were.. too much without having to go out of my way to rent nests for basically EVERY pair of mine.

Considering how much i love breeding dragons and my varied tastes having nearly all of them come out as inherently unmatching with the eyes was too much for me.
(besides with more matchy eyes it gives me more opportunities to rent out my own nests)

---
I personally don't really hold stereotypes based on flight (consciously anyway), but it's so interesting to see what others believe in that regard!
I've come to call you about your car's extended warranty
1 2 3 4 5