Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | thinking about wildclaws
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="arcaneidolriots" date="2023-03-27 20:38:07" ] In terms of design, I waffle between "they're cool" to "they're okay" lol. I do not care for their lore however. I'm just not a huge fan of "might makes right" mentality. Combined with Gladekeeper's hostile attitude towards dragons who are not of Nature flight, Wildclaws are arguably one of the most vicious breeds out there. Also Wildclaws will kidnap children from other clans to raise as their own and that's just not cool. [/quote] excuse me they HUH? i almost forgot about the hatchlingnapping part oh my does gladekeeper truly not like other flight dragons? i thought it was just plague, because, yknow, fighting sisters not liking each other!
arcaneidolriots wrote on 2023-03-27 20:38:07:
In terms of design, I waffle between "they're cool" to "they're okay" lol.

I do not care for their lore however. I'm just not a huge fan of "might makes right" mentality. Combined with Gladekeeper's hostile attitude towards dragons who are not of Nature flight, Wildclaws are arguably one of the most vicious breeds out there. Also Wildclaws will kidnap children from other clans to raise as their own and that's just not cool.

excuse me they HUH? i almost forgot about the hatchlingnapping part oh my
does gladekeeper truly not like other flight dragons? i thought it was just plague, because, yknow, fighting sisters not liking each other!
1181.png17497.png33202.png33201.png17498.png1184.png
Yeah Wildclaw's design are simpler comparing to the newer breeds, but their simplicity and broad wing surface makes them ideal for skin and accents designing. They have so many stunning UMA/UMS!
Yeah Wildclaw's design are simpler comparing to the newer breeds, but their simplicity and broad wing surface makes them ideal for skin and accents designing. They have so many stunning UMA/UMS!
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
Don’t like them much,too bland. At least there’s plenty of UMAS for the breed to sorta make up for it
Don’t like them much,too bland. At least there’s plenty of UMAS for the breed to sorta make up for it
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif[url= 7EiI5KP.jpeg
@moththegardener, it's not just towards her sister. Gladekeeper is pretty disdainful of other flights and is quite open about it. [quote name="Gladekeeper" date="2014-05-25 12:38:56" ] We welcome new Clans to our forest with open wings as long as they join us. Non-Nature dragons...we do not want our precious greens and flowers soiled with the filth of other Flights. [/quote] ([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1087596#post_1087596]source[/url])
@moththegardener, it's not just towards her sister. Gladekeeper is pretty disdainful of other flights and is quite open about it.

Gladekeeper wrote on 2014-05-25 12:38:56:
We welcome new Clans to our forest with open wings as long as they join us. Non-Nature dragons...we do not want our precious greens and flowers soiled with the filth of other Flights.

(source)
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
Honestly? I love wildclaws, I need more in my lair but I can't quite find ones I'd like... Then again, I like dinosaurs, that might play into my opinion of 'em!
Honestly? I love wildclaws, I need more in my lair but I can't quite find ones I'd like... Then again, I like dinosaurs, that might play into my opinion of 'em!
Is "dinosaur" so I like them. Would like a "more accurate" dinosaur breed but I've long since accepted sometimes you gotta take what you can get and sometimes you get jurassic park raptor dragons. Which in context of dragons is pretty acceptable. Lol

Design-wise they're fine. I find myself having difficulties with secondaries and tertiaries with their huge wings. Wish the F pose had more uma support. Expense of the scroll probably keeps me from having more of them.
Is "dinosaur" so I like them. Would like a "more accurate" dinosaur breed but I've long since accepted sometimes you gotta take what you can get and sometimes you get jurassic park raptor dragons. Which in context of dragons is pretty acceptable. Lol

Design-wise they're fine. I find myself having difficulties with secondaries and tertiaries with their huge wings. Wish the F pose had more uma support. Expense of the scroll probably keeps me from having more of them.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
They've always been my favorites - I specifically like that they're a simple design and stationary pose (the perfect apparel mannequin), I like the raptor body type more than a traditional dragon (I like doing headcanons for their behavior based on that), and I like their lore (yes even the not-so-cute-and-friendly parts). People just have different taste.

If FR was all coatls, spirals, and skydancers then I would not have gotten as invested because wildclaws make for far more interesting characters to me. I do wish they were much more feathery but it's not the end of the world.

Scroll cost is not a factor for me because I just buy G2s+ and don't bother breedchanging things. If I can't find what I want as a wildclaw already, I breed it or I reconsider whether I actually need it.
They've always been my favorites - I specifically like that they're a simple design and stationary pose (the perfect apparel mannequin), I like the raptor body type more than a traditional dragon (I like doing headcanons for their behavior based on that), and I like their lore (yes even the not-so-cute-and-friendly parts). People just have different taste.

If FR was all coatls, spirals, and skydancers then I would not have gotten as invested because wildclaws make for far more interesting characters to me. I do wish they were much more feathery but it's not the end of the world.

Scroll cost is not a factor for me because I just buy G2s+ and don't bother breedchanging things. If I can't find what I want as a wildclaw already, I breed it or I reconsider whether I actually need it.
xxxxxxxx saccharine | she/they | fr+3
plague wildclaw enthusiast.

›› triskele nest rentals
›› avatar dragon
qTaplDI.png
[quote name="moththegardener" date="2023-03-27 23:44:34" ] [quote name="arcaneidolriots" date="2023-03-27 20:38:07" ] In terms of design, I waffle between "they're cool" to "they're okay" lol. I do not care for their lore however. I'm just not a huge fan of "might makes right" mentality. Combined with Gladekeeper's hostile attitude towards dragons who are not of Nature flight, Wildclaws are arguably one of the most vicious breeds out there. Also Wildclaws will kidnap children from other clans to raise as their own and that's just not cool. [/quote] excuse me they HUH? i almost forgot about the hatchlingnapping part oh my does gladekeeper truly not like other flight dragons? i thought it was just plague, because, yknow, fighting sisters not liking each other! [/quote] Call me perverse but this is why I like them. Nature lore is this appealing mix of lush expansive life and agression bordering on xenophobia. I just don't enjoy the whole 'we're all friends with everyone else and no one every gets angry' vibe attributed to Nature by people who don't read all the lore.
moththegardener wrote on 2023-03-27 23:44:34:

I do not care for their lore however. I'm just not a huge fan of "might makes right" mentality. Combined with Gladekeeper's hostile attitude towards dragons who are not of Nature flight, Wildclaws are arguably one of the most vicious breeds out there. Also Wildclaws will kidnap children from other clans to raise as their own and that's just not cool.

does gladekeeper truly not like other flight dragons? i thought it was just plague, because, yknow, fighting sisters not liking each other!

Call me perverse but this is why I like them. Nature lore is this appealing mix of lush expansive life and agression bordering on xenophobia. I just don't enjoy the whole 'we're all friends with everyone else and no one every gets angry' vibe attributed to Nature by people who don't read all the lore.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
[quote name="Avessa" date="2023-03-28 07:40:54" ] [quote name="moththegardener" date="2023-03-27 23:44:34" ] [quote name="arcaneidolriots" date="2023-03-27 20:38:07" ] In terms of design, I waffle between "they're cool" to "they're okay" lol. I do not care for their lore however. I'm just not a huge fan of "might makes right" mentality. Combined with Gladekeeper's hostile attitude towards dragons who are not of Nature flight, Wildclaws are arguably one of the most vicious breeds out there. Also Wildclaws will kidnap children from other clans to raise as their own and that's just not cool. [/quote] excuse me they HUH? i almost forgot about the hatchlingnapping part oh my does gladekeeper truly not like other flight dragons? i thought it was just plague, because, yknow, fighting sisters not liking each other! [/quote] Call me perverse but this is why I like them. Nature lore is this appealing mix of lush expansive life and agression bordering on xenophobia. I just don't enjoy the whole 'we're all friends with everyone else and no one every gets angry' vibe attributed to Nature by people who don't read all the lore. [/quote] Personally I think it's funny when Nature is UwU-ified cause I feel like it leans into Gladema's superiority complex- She dislikes other flights but she doesn't want to seem as [i]gasp[/i] Hostile and Aggressive as Plague! I like to think of Gladema as one of those stuffy old ladies who like to pretend they're so sweet while talking smack behind people's backs Makes it fun for my lore too, my clan is canonically the rebel child who goes "uuugh moooom not this again! I'm going to auntie's until you're done being Xenophobic"
Avessa wrote on 2023-03-28 07:40:54:
moththegardener wrote on 2023-03-27 23:44:34:

Call me perverse but this is why I like them. Nature lore is this appealing mix of lush expansive life and agression bordering on xenophobia. I just don't enjoy the whole 'we're all friends with everyone else and no one every gets angry' vibe attributed to Nature by people who don't read all the lore.
Personally I think it's funny when Nature is UwU-ified cause I feel like it leans into Gladema's superiority complex- She dislikes other flights but she doesn't want to seem as gasp Hostile and Aggressive as Plague! I like to think of Gladema as one of those stuffy old ladies who like to pretend they're so sweet while talking smack behind people's backs

Makes it fun for my lore too, my clan is canonically the rebel child who goes "uuugh moooom not this again! I'm going to auntie's until you're done being Xenophobic"
potato.png
I like Wildclaws, though I don't have very many. I guess I just find them a bit harder to work with than other breeds for whatever reason? Doesn't help that they are kind of stupidly expensive and inconvenient to get sometimes, lol

As for their lore and Nature lore in general, I think it's really interesting and fun to play around with. Like, on the World Map, it says Nature is known for being nurturing but on the other hand we have Wildclaws which definitely don't come off as nurturing at first glance, and I guess some of the messages from Gladekeeper (though I don't know how canon I see those anymore lol). It's a neat dichotomy to write around.

If I'm completely honest though, being 100% loyal to breed lore kind of bores me because then all my dragons would kind of behave the same and I don't really see the appeal in making every Wildclaw super aggro or every Pearlcatcher a coward or every Spiral a hyperactive mess, yknow? It's a fun jumping off point sometimes but that's usually as much importance as I ascribe to it.
I like Wildclaws, though I don't have very many. I guess I just find them a bit harder to work with than other breeds for whatever reason? Doesn't help that they are kind of stupidly expensive and inconvenient to get sometimes, lol

As for their lore and Nature lore in general, I think it's really interesting and fun to play around with. Like, on the World Map, it says Nature is known for being nurturing but on the other hand we have Wildclaws which definitely don't come off as nurturing at first glance, and I guess some of the messages from Gladekeeper (though I don't know how canon I see those anymore lol). It's a neat dichotomy to write around.

If I'm completely honest though, being 100% loyal to breed lore kind of bores me because then all my dragons would kind of behave the same and I don't really see the appeal in making every Wildclaw super aggro or every Pearlcatcher a coward or every Spiral a hyperactive mess, yknow? It's a fun jumping off point sometimes but that's usually as much importance as I ascribe to it.
1106806.png1106844.png44B24667-304B-4FE5-9E98-94EF9C72D7E6.png1106855.png1106843.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7