Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | If permababy skins were a thing, wwyd?
1 2 3 4
[center]Let's pretend we have permababy skins! What would you get for em'? It's flowers and bones for me, definitely lol. I would scry half my lair as permabaies just so I could make accents for them, especially abbies and nocturnes cuz they're soo <3 [img]https://i.imgur.com/wictk71.png[/img] [size=2] Here's a doodle for my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85062649]unnamed aether[/url] I came up with for this thread ^ [/size][size=4] Share your ideas!
Let's pretend we have permababy skins!
What would you get for em'?

It's flowers and bones for me, definitely lol. I would scry half my lair as permabaies just so I could make accents for them, especially abbies and nocturnes cuz they're soo <3

wictk71.png

Here's a doodle for my unnamed aether I came up with for this thread ^

Share your ideas!
L8kPJSl.png
H2nH3VN.pngurcyEj1.pngTTtkdFX.pngE3N752b.png
X6le0pA.png
I would be broke permanently because I would have even more permababies :D
I would be broke permanently because I would have even more permababies :D
tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
I will dream like the God and suffer like all the dead children (c) Nightwish
Just a fairy cat.
imo it would muddy the market more than it is now. imagine waiting for every elemental event for the potential of a specific dragon (say, an adult gaoler, idk) and almost never getting one because people tend to prefer more popular breeds AND baby skins lol
imo it would muddy the market more than it is now. imagine waiting for every elemental event for the potential of a specific dragon (say, an adult gaoler, idk) and almost never getting one because people tend to prefer more popular breeds AND baby skins lol
[quote name="MaskedAres" date="2023-03-28 02:37:18" ] imo it would muddy the market more than it is now. imagine waiting for every elemental event for the potential of a specific dragon (say, an adult gaoler, idk) and almost never getting one because people tend to prefer more popular breeds AND baby skins lol [/quote] Huh, do people really want specific event skins that much? Don't get me wrong, they're lovely, but for me getting a skin in a dragon I like is more of a neat surprise than something I'm actively waiting for. It seems like the devs are quite good at picking a range of breeds anyway - just looking at the event skins now, there's a Gaoler male, a Mirror, and a Nocturne skin. Anyway, personally for me they'd be like the modern breeds, where I'd have a couple for the skins I like. Dressing up my dragons is a big part of why I like FR, so I'm quite limited on what I can do with the non-apparel dragons. Seems like a neat idea, though!
MaskedAres wrote on 2023-03-28 02:37:18:
Huh, do people really want specific event skins that much? Don't get me wrong, they're lovely, but for me getting a skin in a dragon I like is more of a neat surprise than something I'm actively waiting for. It seems like the devs are quite good at picking a range of breeds anyway - just looking at the event skins now, there's a Gaoler male, a Mirror, and a Nocturne skin.

Anyway, personally for me they'd be like the modern breeds, where I'd have a couple for the skins I like. Dressing up my dragons is a big part of why I like FR, so I'm quite limited on what I can do with the non-apparel dragons. Seems like a neat idea, though!
harpey_zps125ficha_by_delamire-d8sw2u8.gif
He/Him
+8FRT
I agree with what Hypnotheque said on the festival topic!

There would be a definite increase of baby skins in fests, but I don't think it would influence things in a bad way. It would also introduce more variety, and brought up breeds that usually don't get picked for skins. You can probably read more on the topic on the many permababy suggestion threads, they emerge from time to time lol

I've seen a suggestion thread proposing increasing the amount of winning entries for festivals as well, I believe that would be a good solution
I agree with what Hypnotheque said on the festival topic!

There would be a definite increase of baby skins in fests, but I don't think it would influence things in a bad way. It would also introduce more variety, and brought up breeds that usually don't get picked for skins. You can probably read more on the topic on the many permababy suggestion threads, they emerge from time to time lol

I've seen a suggestion thread proposing increasing the amount of winning entries for festivals as well, I believe that would be a good solution
L8kPJSl.png
H2nH3VN.pngurcyEj1.pngTTtkdFX.pngE3N752b.png
X6le0pA.png
[quote name="MaskedAres" date="2023-03-28 02:37:18" ] imo it would muddy the market more than it is now. imagine waiting for every elemental event for the potential of a specific dragon (say, an adult gaoler, idk) and almost never getting one because people tend to prefer more popular breeds AND baby skins lol [/quote] If permababy skins ever become a thing I HIGHLY doubt it would ever be in fest skins, permababies are way too exclusive and inaccessible for that to make sense. ------ With or without skins I'm not really into permababies so it isn't something I'd personally use, but it would be awesome to see what other people make.
MaskedAres wrote on 2023-03-28 02:37:18:
If permababy skins ever become a thing I HIGHLY doubt it would ever be in fest skins, permababies are way too exclusive and inaccessible for that to make sense.
With or without skins I'm not really into permababies so it isn't something I'd personally use, but it would be awesome to see what other people make.
3EIL5RM.png SwhjRD4.pngd3XCZt0.pngWeReVnH.pngaQp8eZz.pngt6Bzul7.png
85212510.png
jeremy says hi
I would make...so many baby bane skins....Give them all little flowers and toys
I would make...so many baby bane skins....Give them all little flowers and toys
nBW4aTS.gif
53TWBaT.gif
I’m not a big fan of permababies so I likely wouldn’t use them very often, but it would be very cool for other people.

I don’t think it would muddy the fest skins that much. The devs are pretty good about making sure to choose skins for less popular breeds and poses. wcm and sdf are easily two of the most popular skin poses (if not THE most popular) but this fest for example, there’s one sdf pose and no wcm pose. For trickmurk we had neither.

Less popular poses would still be picked so I don’t think we would need to worry about that, if anything, the amount of new poses should encourage the devs to pick a few more winners for fests (please??)
I’m not a big fan of permababies so I likely wouldn’t use them very often, but it would be very cool for other people.

I don’t think it would muddy the fest skins that much. The devs are pretty good about making sure to choose skins for less popular breeds and poses. wcm and sdf are easily two of the most popular skin poses (if not THE most popular) but this fest for example, there’s one sdf pose and no wcm pose. For trickmurk we had neither.

Less popular poses would still be picked so I don’t think we would need to worry about that, if anything, the amount of new poses should encourage the devs to pick a few more winners for fests (please??)

Rein
She/Her
FR+1
secret message! secret message! in the signature!
secret, secret, secret, secret message!
right_ghosty.gif
80247290.png
"One day you will be old enough to
start reading fairytales again."
i would give my left arm for permababy skins ngl

first thing i would do? make a custom for my permababy gao Radiance so she can have honey and bees :)

second thing i would do? make a custom for my permababy-to-be Worm so he can have moth buddies :)

third thing i would do??? uhh, idk, make cool things and go broke buying other cool things
i would give my left arm for permababy skins ngl

first thing i would do? make a custom for my permababy gao Radiance so she can have honey and bees :)

second thing i would do? make a custom for my permababy-to-be Worm so he can have moth buddies :)

third thing i would do??? uhh, idk, make cool things and go broke buying other cool things
60F6OKB.png
///
» FAQ
» Skins
» Icon Dragon
I would be very happy to finally be able to dress them up.
I would be very happy to finally be able to dress them up.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
1 2 3 4