Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Remove Marva Eye Apparel from Roundsey
1 2 3 4 5
I like the Marva eyes and I use them quite a bit but also HUGE SUPPORT because you can buy them for literally 2 gems on the Auction House. I usually don't buy more than ten tickets every week but it feels like a slap in the face because it's not even worth the amount I spent on tickets. Also: [quote]I honestly feel like the prizes shouldn't be worth any less than an unhatched egg. Anything below that and - unless you really want it - it would probably be more annoying than anything else.[/quote] ^Yeah, this. As the guy who won a stack of health potions once THAT I HOARDSOLD because you can't really get rid of these things on the AH, I'd rather Roundsey stop giving out low-value prizes like this in general, not just the Marva eyes but anything like health potions, stuff that people usually use as fodder apparel for Baldwin, that sort of thing. EDIT because I had more opinions: people keep going on and on about how Roundsey is a treasure sink. Part of the reason why I don't spend more than 10 tickets, and I know some people who don't buy tickets at all, is because at least one of the prizes per week, more often than not (but not always) is a dud that nobody wants. If Roundsey is really intended as a treasure sink, make the prizes worth something so people are more inclined to buy tickets. This isn't "being entitled" (I swear I hate how often the word "entitled" comes up on this forum [s]especially from people young enough to be my kid Trying To Tell Me How The World Works, so glad you figured out everything by age 20[/s]), this is common practical sense about site economy.
I like the Marva eyes and I use them quite a bit but also HUGE SUPPORT because you can buy them for literally 2 gems on the Auction House. I usually don't buy more than ten tickets every week but it feels like a slap in the face because it's not even worth the amount I spent on tickets.

Also:
Quote:
I honestly feel like the prizes shouldn't be worth any less than an unhatched egg. Anything below that and - unless you really want it - it would probably be more annoying than anything else.

^Yeah, this. As the guy who won a stack of health potions once THAT I HOARDSOLD because you can't really get rid of these things on the AH, I'd rather Roundsey stop giving out low-value prizes like this in general, not just the Marva eyes but anything like health potions, stuff that people usually use as fodder apparel for Baldwin, that sort of thing.

EDIT because I had more opinions: people keep going on and on about how Roundsey is a treasure sink. Part of the reason why I don't spend more than 10 tickets, and I know some people who don't buy tickets at all, is because at least one of the prizes per week, more often than not (but not always) is a dud that nobody wants. If Roundsey is really intended as a treasure sink, make the prizes worth something so people are more inclined to buy tickets. This isn't "being entitled" (I swear I hate how often the word "entitled" comes up on this forum especially from people young enough to be my kid Trying To Tell Me How The World Works, so glad you figured out everything by age 20), this is common practical sense about site economy.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
winning doesnt feel like winning if what you get is worth pennies, is a common drop from rusted treasure chests, and has very little use beyond being a lol xD so radom joke item, and is generally not a desired item for majority of players. even the less valuable prizes should be something little more uncommon that would feel like a happy surprise.

basically... its not as much about the monetary value, or users not getting their money's worth from roundesy, but more that users should not feel like they lost when they won an item from roundsey, even if what they got was not the item they wanted the most. it shouldnt feel like you won a candy wrapper from a lottery.
winning doesnt feel like winning if what you get is worth pennies, is a common drop from rusted treasure chests, and has very little use beyond being a lol xD so radom joke item, and is generally not a desired item for majority of players. even the less valuable prizes should be something little more uncommon that would feel like a happy surprise.

basically... its not as much about the monetary value, or users not getting their money's worth from roundesy, but more that users should not feel like they lost when they won an item from roundsey, even if what they got was not the item they wanted the most. it shouldnt feel like you won a candy wrapper from a lottery.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
[quote name="Ralzakark" date="2023-03-25 12:59:07" ] basically... its not as much about the monetary value, or users not getting their money's worth from roundesy, but more that users should not feel like they lost when they won an item from roundsey, even if what they got was not the item they wanted the most. it shouldnt feel like you won a candy wrapper from a lottery. [/quote] This is exactly what I mean! The consolation prizes should still be prizes, not something like the eyes. I’m tired of people who actually win the raffle still being dissapointed :(
Ralzakark wrote on 2023-03-25 12:59:07:

This is exactly what I mean! The consolation prizes should still be prizes, not something like the eyes. I’m tired of people who actually win the raffle still being dissapointed :(
HX0RiC0.png
As someone who got a Marva eye this last week, full support. It just feels plain disappointing to get such an unexciting item.
As someone who got a Marva eye this last week, full support. It just feels plain disappointing to get such an unexciting item.
Support.

The eyes really do seem like a kick in the teeth rather than a "prize."
Support.

The eyes really do seem like a kick in the teeth rather than a "prize."
Support, I don't like these "trashy" prizes, like Marva eyes or rusted chests or whatever. Imo all prizes should be somewhat valuable, even if there are fewer of them overall. Marva eyes are literally Baldwin fodder at this point, and winning something like that doesn't seem like a win at all.
Support, I don't like these "trashy" prizes, like Marva eyes or rusted chests or whatever. Imo all prizes should be somewhat valuable, even if there are fewer of them overall. Marva eyes are literally Baldwin fodder at this point, and winning something like that doesn't seem like a win at all.
Yes please. I imagine it's a bit of a slap in the face to finally win the raffle only for it to be a "trash" prize like the Marva eyes.
Yes please. I imagine it's a bit of a slap in the face to finally win the raffle only for it to be a "trash" prize like the Marva eyes.
Treasure Chests aren't even as bad a prize, assuming it's like x50 of 'em or something.

The Marva eyes as prizes are the equivalent of "winning" a cheap 25 cent capsule toy from a prestigious lotto. XP
Treasure Chests aren't even as bad a prize, assuming it's like x50 of 'em or something.

The Marva eyes as prizes are the equivalent of "winning" a cheap 25 cent capsule toy from a prestigious lotto. XP
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Support, but cut the number of prizes bundles to 3 per week

We don't need 4 prize bundles.
Support, but cut the number of prizes bundles to 3 per week

We don't need 4 prize bundles.
i've never won anything from roundsey, but support. i don't know why such a low value item would be in roundsey anyway; like others have said, every prize doesn't have to be super rare or valuable, but they should at least still feel like you won something. i loathe the marva eyes with every fiber of my being. i feel liked a rusted chest would be a better consolation prize than them
i've never won anything from roundsey, but support. i don't know why such a low value item would be in roundsey anyway; like others have said, every prize doesn't have to be super rare or valuable, but they should at least still feel like you won something. i loathe the marva eyes with every fiber of my being. i feel liked a rusted chest would be a better consolation prize than them
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
1 2 3 4 5