Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Long May These Fools Reign
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
OMG I LOVE HOW NOSY HALBERD IS! She's gonna find out the truth sooner or later, isn't she.

Also great use of the bow for Proxima, I've got to use those bows at some point.

Also, I am so excited for when the locke is caught up and fresh because I definitely want to take in a hatchling that doesn't survive the coin flip for my next locke (though I am not taking in many new dragons until the new locke starts because they are running out of time to be properly featured in Beneath the Boughs).

OMG I LOVE HOW NOSY HALBERD IS! She's gonna find out the truth sooner or later, isn't she.

Also great use of the bow for Proxima, I've got to use those bows at some point.

Also, I am so excited for when the locke is caught up and fresh because I definitely want to take in a hatchling that doesn't survive the coin flip for my next locke (though I am not taking in many new dragons until the new locke starts because they are running out of time to be properly featured in Beneath the Boughs).

b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

Halbarad certainly has her ways of finding things out...

I think I had a crossbow on Proxima before the bows came out and I just love the way they looked, so it worked out perfectly.

Ooo! That would be so cool! I do have a couple of apparel pulls coming up, (one of which I've already done because I'm impatient but I've quit doing that since starting this thread) so there may be a hatchling you can take in soon, even if your next Pinkerlocke is still a little bit away. But, Pinkerton seems to really like giving me apparel so I honestly think they're likely be a few more nests in between now and then.
@Petall

Halbarad certainly has her ways of finding things out...

I think I had a crossbow on Proxima before the bows came out and I just love the way they looked, so it worked out perfectly.

Ooo! That would be so cool! I do have a couple of apparel pulls coming up, (one of which I've already done because I'm impatient but I've quit doing that since starting this thread) so there may be a hatchling you can take in soon, even if your next Pinkerlocke is still a little bit away. But, Pinkerton seems to really like giving me apparel so I honestly think they're likely be a few more nests in between now and then.
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3216176/6#post_53676046][b]Previous[/b][/url][/center] ----- [center][size=6][font=timesnewroman][b]Chapter 22[/b][/font][/size][/center] [center][size=6][font=timesnewroman][b]The Warring Blizzard[/b][/font][/size][/center] [center][item=Spongy Spingy][/center] [center][size=5][font=timesnewroman][b]New Dragon(s)[/b][/font][/size][/center] ------ [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83507239][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/362040147253919744/1088398935648903198/83507239_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Amethyst held his cargo near and close, doing his best to protect it from the blizzard that raged around them. If the situation wasn’t so dire and what he was supposed to transport so fragile, he’d be fuming right about now, but, even if the Spire hasn’t really helped him as much as he’d wanted, it did help temper his anger just enough to be able to suppress it in dire situations. The bundle shivered and Amethyst held it closer, frowning, looking around to see if he could make out some semblance of anything. The blizzard was too harsh to make anything out and Amethyst swore under his breath. He knew he had to be close but the blizzard had to have gotten him lost. He glanced down at what he was holding and he steeled himself. He wasn’t going to fall this task, there was no way. A small hand reached up to grab the collar of his scarf. “Is… is the cold going to s-stop soon?” a tiny voice asked. Amethyst looked down with concern in his eyes, as his precious, precious cargo, the young Princess Kunzite of Hollowwell, shivered pathetically in the cold. It has always been strange to him that even ice dragons suffered in the cold, but for once he had no scathing remarks to give, especially not to the young princess. He held her closer and whispered, “Yes, we’re almost there.” Kunzite didn’t reply, instead nestling into what little warmth there was to find against Amethyst’s body. And so, Amethyst pressed on. The blizzard only grew harsher and Amethyst could start to feel his own body giving out. He focused on Kunzite’s breathing, on her heartbeat, to give him the will to keep going. That, and the spite he felt towards the idea of dying in the cold after he’d lived for so long in the Southern Icefield. But spite and determination alone aren’t enough for miracles. Eventually Amethyst realized he couldn’t take another step. He was too cold, too numb to keep going. His legs wouldn’t move anymore, no matter how much he willed them to. Everything sunk in at once. This was it, he had failed. He shakily took his scarf off, taking a considerable amount of time to wrap Kunzite with it, in a feeble attempt to give her more layers to fight off the cold with. Afterwards he looked at her one last time before he finally let himself succumb to the cold and fall unconscious. --- When Amethyst awoke, he could still feel the unforgiving cold in his bones. That’s how he knew he was still alive and once that information sunk in, he bolted upright. The only thing on his mind was Kunzite’s safety. He barely even perceived the room around him as he looked around before his eyes settled on a startled looking dragon sitting in the corner of the room. His eyes widened with surprise, he recognized that dragon. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75218958][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/362040147253919744/1082778646483312720/75218958_350.png[/img][/url][/center] “A-Aero?” Amethyst let out instinctively. Aero quickly calmed after his initial surprise. He gave Amethyst a smile that was a little awkward. “Amethyst,” he said with a nod. He examined Amethyst, looking him up and down. “You’ve healed nicely. That’s good.” “Why are you here? Where am I?” Amethyst asked, his confusion surging further. “You’re in the Neo-Shallowlight right now,” Aero replied. “We found you passed out in the snow, and we were lucky to, I think if we’d hadn’t found you when we did you might’ve died there.” Amethyst sighed. “Th-thank you for-” he cut himself off as his mind went back to Kunzite. He lunged forward, grabbing the collar of Aero’s shirt and dragging him closer before he fully realized what he was doing. “Where’s Kunzite?!” he shouted. Aero was startled at first but seemed to calm, even if Amethyst still had him by his shirt. “I see your legendary temper has not yet waned,” he said, letting out an awkward laugh. Amethyst’s eyes narrowed and his lips curled back in a familiar snarl. “Where. Is. Kunzite?” he growled. “I’m not sure who Kunzite is-” Aero started to reply. Amethyst moved to pin him against the wall with a solid thud. Aero squirmed and winced under his grasp. “The Wildclaw hatchling,” Amethyst spat. “Where is she?” Aero opened his mouth to reply before the door creaked open. Amethyst looked over and, when he saw who it was, let Aero go. Aero himself fell onto his rear against the wall, rubbing where Amethyst had grabbed him and frowning. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84894015][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/362040147253919744/1088398935883792494/84894015_350.png[/img][/url][/center] “Princess Kunzite!” Amethyst shouted, relief flooding through his body. He quickly moved over to her and picked her up, overcome with emotion seeing her in a much better state than he had for such a long time. Kunzite nuzzled into Amethyst’s arms. “I’m so glad you’re okay!” she said with a sniffle, burying her face into Amethyst’s chest. “Of course I’m okay,” Amethyst scoffed. “Some blizzard isn’t going to take me out.” He refused to admit that it nearly did, especially in front of Kunzite. He held the young Wildclaw for a few moments before remembering Aero was there. “Erm… sorry for that, Aero,” he murmured. “It’s fine, I get it,” Aero responded, standing with a sigh. “So that’s Kunzite. I’m surprised to hear her speak, she hadn’t said a word before now.” “She’s been through a lot,” Amethyst said vaguely. He didn’t want to explain anything to Aero, it wasn’t something he was owed. He turned to look at the Ridgeback. “This is the Neo-Shallowlight, huh? Where’s Chaoskin?” “[i]King[/i] Chaoskin,” Aero corrected, frowning again. “Please treat our King with the respect he deserves.” “Listen, I really don’t have the patience for this,” Amethyst retorted, annoyed. “Where is he?” [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68315949][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/362040147253919744/1081352787205558372/68315949_350.png[/img][/url][/center] “Here,” a voice new to Amethyst replied. He turned his head and was met with the sight of Coatl in the doorway to the room, regal in attire and stature with a resemblance to Kunzite. Chaoskin. “Please refrain from getting angry at Aero again, please. He spent a lot of time watching over you to make sure you were healing alright. You owe him a bit of thanks, in fact.” Amethyst rolled his eyes. “Fine. Thank you for looking after me, Aero,” he said, with only a smidge of meaning behind. Aero simply bowed, trying to hide his face and the hurt in his eyes. He walked passed Chaoskin. “Please, excuse me,” he said simply in a quiet voice as he disappeared past the doorway. Chaoskin narrowed his eyes at Amethyst. “I don’t quite appreciate how you’ve conducted yourself so far,” he said, his voice cold. “I couldn’t care less,” Amethyst said with a hefty sigh. He let Kunzite down, but she still clung to his leg, her eyes still wet with tears. He gently moved her aside with his tail and dropped to a kneel. “Amethyst, delegate of the Spire of Muted Roses,” he said, slipping back into the formal language he’d been stuck using for so long at the Spire. “I request shelter for me and my ward.” “I’m not that keen on turning away dragons at this point,” Chaoskin started to say. Amethyst narrowed his eyes up at the Coatl, even as he was still kneeling his head down. “But, so far, I don’t quite find myself really wanting you to stay here.” Amethyst was silent for a moment. Then, that all too familiar rage he struggled with struck. He stood, glaring daggers at Chaoskin. “I couldn’t care less what you think of me, if this had anything to do with me, I wouldn’t even be here,” he spat. “But I have been entrusted with the safety of your niece and I’ve come to find I don’t have any other options to keep her safe.” Now it was Chaoskin’s turn to be silent as his eyes widened with surprise and he examined Kunzite. “My niece?” he repeated. “... I see.” He was silent for a bit longer. “Who’s?” “King Vakarian,” Amethyst replied. “I doubt any of your other siblings are even around anymore anyways.” He kneeled down again, but not out of station this time. He gently coaxed Kunzite forward. “This is Princess Kunzite. If you don’t care for me, that’s fine, but this girl is of your blood and an innocent soul that needs your protection.” “My blood…” Chaoskin repeated with a sigh. He shook his head. “I don’t really have a choice. Since she is your ward and clearly attached to you, I’ll welcome you both to my Kingdom. However, I’d like to know why she’s here and not with my brother.” “I don’t really know what’s happening in Hollowwell,” Amethyst admitted. “But something’s not right. The youngest of the King’s children, Kunzite and her sister, were kidnapped not long after their hatching. The Spire was able to recover Kunzite and sent her with me to request shelter from a faction wholly apart from Hollowwell.” He motioned to Chaoskin. “You. I don’t know what’s happened to the other princess or what the aftermath of this kidnapping is in Hollowwell, but whatever is going on, I was told it isn’t safe for Kunzite in Hollowwell anymore.” “Why does the Spire care so much about Kunzite and her sister?” Chaoskin asked. Amethyst shrugged. “They’re just hatchlings. Whatever is going on shouldn’t involve them,” he replied. “At least that’s all I can think of.” “Well, that’s concerning to hear but,” Chaoskin nodded as he continued speaking, “You are both welcome in the Neo-Shallowlight. I hope you’ll continue to be Kunzite’s dedicated guardian. I also request that you stay here in the main cabin with me for the foreseeable future. It’s the safest place to be.” Amethyst nodded. “Thank you,” he said. “I know that you’re doing this just for Kunzite, but seriously, thank you.” “Well, you’re right, she is just a hatchling. Take care of her and please, try to behave,” Chaoskin responded. “I’ll leave you two to get some rest.” With that said, Chaoskin disappeared from the doorway, closing the door behind him. Amethyst turned to Kunzite, standing back up fully. “We made it, kid,” he said in a quiet voice. “We’ll be safe here, I promise.” Kunzite looked up at him, still slightly teary eyed. She nodded and smiled. Amethyst weakly smiled back, taking in the sight. He decided then and there, he’d do anything to keep that smile on her face. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3216176/7#post_53759176][b]Next[/b][/url][/center] ----- @YakileBekrea @Petall @Testing123 @SakuraSundae ----- Ah, there was a bit of a gap between this chapter and the last huh, sorry about that! Though, I can't really guarantee that this won't be a somewhat common occurrence as inspiration to write can be pretty fickle for me. The main holdup I was having with this chapter in particular was what exactly I wanted to do with Amethyst and well, I had the idea that he was another delegate from the Spire of Muted Roses for a few days but that was about it. But today (or well yesterday because I kinda fell asleep before I was supposed to post this) was my flight rising anniversary and I completely forgot that I had a nest lined up for it, and a pretty significant nest, which was the nest of Vakarian and Valouria who are the King and Queen of my main group of dragons, Hollowwell. So, when I had Kunzite and her sister hatch, I thought it'd be fun to add one of them to the Pinkerlocke. And while I was writing, I realized that this could also tie in Hollowwell more significantly to the Neo-Shallowlight and possibly set-up some conflict for later. So, that'll be fun when we get to it! Also, I just wanted more Wildclaws in the Pinkerlocke, they're cool. Also an excuse to keep another one of Vakarian and Valouria's kids because they're always really pretty and I think I've kept most of them thus far, too. But also, because this nest was so recent, I do still have Kunzite's sister, Sugilite, so if anyone wants her, I'll be glad to give her over. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84894016][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/848941/84894016_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Also in regards to Aethers? I uh... might rescind my rule of having no ancients for this Pinkerlocke... -----

Chapter 22
The Warring Blizzard
Spongy Spingy
New Dragon(s)

83507239_350.png
Amethyst held his cargo near and close, doing his best to protect it from the blizzard that raged around them. If the situation wasn’t so dire and what he was supposed to transport so fragile, he’d be fuming right about now, but, even if the Spire hasn’t really helped him as much as he’d wanted, it did help temper his anger just enough to be able to suppress it in dire situations.

The bundle shivered and Amethyst held it closer, frowning, looking around to see if he could make out some semblance of anything. The blizzard was too harsh to make anything out and Amethyst swore under his breath. He knew he had to be close but the blizzard had to have gotten him lost. He glanced down at what he was holding and he steeled himself. He wasn’t going to fall this task, there was no way.

A small hand reached up to grab the collar of his scarf. “Is… is the cold going to s-stop soon?” a tiny voice asked.

Amethyst looked down with concern in his eyes, as his precious, precious cargo, the young Princess Kunzite of Hollowwell, shivered pathetically in the cold. It has always been strange to him that even ice dragons suffered in the cold, but for once he had no scathing remarks to give, especially not to the young princess. He held her closer and whispered, “Yes, we’re almost there.”

Kunzite didn’t reply, instead nestling into what little warmth there was to find against Amethyst’s body.

And so, Amethyst pressed on. The blizzard only grew harsher and Amethyst could start to feel his own body giving out. He focused on Kunzite’s breathing, on her heartbeat, to give him the will to keep going. That, and the spite he felt towards the idea of dying in the cold after he’d lived for so long in the Southern Icefield.

But spite and determination alone aren’t enough for miracles. Eventually Amethyst realized he couldn’t take another step. He was too cold, too numb to keep going. His legs wouldn’t move anymore, no matter how much he willed them to. Everything sunk in at once. This was it, he had failed. He shakily took his scarf off, taking a considerable amount of time to wrap Kunzite with it, in a feeble attempt to give her more layers to fight off the cold with. Afterwards he looked at her one last time before he finally let himself succumb to the cold and fall unconscious.

---

When Amethyst awoke, he could still feel the unforgiving cold in his bones. That’s how he knew he was still alive and once that information sunk in, he bolted upright. The only thing on his mind was Kunzite’s safety. He barely even perceived the room around him as he looked around before his eyes settled on a startled looking dragon sitting in the corner of the room. His eyes widened with surprise, he recognized that dragon.
75218958_350.png
“A-Aero?” Amethyst let out instinctively.

Aero quickly calmed after his initial surprise. He gave Amethyst a smile that was a little awkward. “Amethyst,” he said with a nod. He examined Amethyst, looking him up and down. “You’ve healed nicely. That’s good.”

“Why are you here? Where am I?” Amethyst asked, his confusion surging further.

“You’re in the Neo-Shallowlight right now,” Aero replied. “We found you passed out in the snow, and we were lucky to, I think if we’d hadn’t found you when we did you might’ve died there.”

Amethyst sighed. “Th-thank you for-” he cut himself off as his mind went back to Kunzite. He lunged forward, grabbing the collar of Aero’s shirt and dragging him closer before he fully realized what he was doing. “Where’s Kunzite?!” he shouted.

Aero was startled at first but seemed to calm, even if Amethyst still had him by his shirt. “I see your legendary temper has not yet waned,” he said, letting out an awkward laugh.

Amethyst’s eyes narrowed and his lips curled back in a familiar snarl. “Where. Is. Kunzite?” he growled.

“I’m not sure who Kunzite is-” Aero started to reply.

Amethyst moved to pin him against the wall with a solid thud. Aero squirmed and winced under his grasp. “The Wildclaw hatchling,” Amethyst spat. “Where is she?”

Aero opened his mouth to reply before the door creaked open. Amethyst looked over and, when he saw who it was, let Aero go. Aero himself fell onto his rear against the wall, rubbing where Amethyst had grabbed him and frowning.
84894015_350.png
“Princess Kunzite!” Amethyst shouted, relief flooding through his body. He quickly moved over to her and picked her up, overcome with emotion seeing her in a much better state than he had for such a long time.

Kunzite nuzzled into Amethyst’s arms. “I’m so glad you’re okay!” she said with a sniffle, burying her face into Amethyst’s chest.

“Of course I’m okay,” Amethyst scoffed. “Some blizzard isn’t going to take me out.” He refused to admit that it nearly did, especially in front of Kunzite. He held the young Wildclaw for a few moments before remembering Aero was there. “Erm… sorry for that, Aero,” he murmured.

“It’s fine, I get it,” Aero responded, standing with a sigh. “So that’s Kunzite. I’m surprised to hear her speak, she hadn’t said a word before now.”

“She’s been through a lot,” Amethyst said vaguely. He didn’t want to explain anything to Aero, it wasn’t something he was owed. He turned to look at the Ridgeback. “This is the Neo-Shallowlight, huh? Where’s Chaoskin?”

King Chaoskin,” Aero corrected, frowning again. “Please treat our King with the respect he deserves.”

“Listen, I really don’t have the patience for this,” Amethyst retorted, annoyed. “Where is he?”
68315949_350.png
“Here,” a voice new to Amethyst replied. He turned his head and was met with the sight of Coatl in the doorway to the room, regal in attire and stature with a resemblance to Kunzite. Chaoskin. “Please refrain from getting angry at Aero again, please. He spent a lot of time watching over you to make sure you were healing alright. You owe him a bit of thanks, in fact.”

Amethyst rolled his eyes. “Fine. Thank you for looking after me, Aero,” he said, with only a smidge of meaning behind.

Aero simply bowed, trying to hide his face and the hurt in his eyes. He walked passed Chaoskin. “Please, excuse me,” he said simply in a quiet voice as he disappeared past the doorway.

Chaoskin narrowed his eyes at Amethyst. “I don’t quite appreciate how you’ve conducted yourself so far,” he said, his voice cold.

“I couldn’t care less,” Amethyst said with a hefty sigh. He let Kunzite down, but she still clung to his leg, her eyes still wet with tears. He gently moved her aside with his tail and dropped to a kneel. “Amethyst, delegate of the Spire of Muted Roses,” he said, slipping back into the formal language he’d been stuck using for so long at the Spire. “I request shelter for me and my ward.”

“I’m not that keen on turning away dragons at this point,” Chaoskin started to say. Amethyst narrowed his eyes up at the Coatl, even as he was still kneeling his head down. “But, so far, I don’t quite find myself really wanting you to stay here.”

Amethyst was silent for a moment. Then, that all too familiar rage he struggled with struck. He stood, glaring daggers at Chaoskin. “I couldn’t care less what you think of me, if this had anything to do with me, I wouldn’t even be here,” he spat. “But I have been entrusted with the safety of your niece and I’ve come to find I don’t have any other options to keep her safe.”

Now it was Chaoskin’s turn to be silent as his eyes widened with surprise and he examined Kunzite. “My niece?” he repeated. “... I see.” He was silent for a bit longer. “Who’s?”

“King Vakarian,” Amethyst replied. “I doubt any of your other siblings are even around anymore anyways.” He kneeled down again, but not out of station this time. He gently coaxed Kunzite forward. “This is Princess Kunzite. If you don’t care for me, that’s fine, but this girl is of your blood and an innocent soul that needs your protection.”

“My blood…” Chaoskin repeated with a sigh. He shook his head. “I don’t really have a choice. Since she is your ward and clearly attached to you, I’ll welcome you both to my Kingdom. However, I’d like to know why she’s here and not with my brother.”

“I don’t really know what’s happening in Hollowwell,” Amethyst admitted. “But something’s not right. The youngest of the King’s children, Kunzite and her sister, were kidnapped not long after their hatching. The Spire was able to recover Kunzite and sent her with me to request shelter from a faction wholly apart from Hollowwell.” He motioned to Chaoskin. “You. I don’t know what’s happened to the other princess or what the aftermath of this kidnapping is in Hollowwell, but whatever is going on, I was told it isn’t safe for Kunzite in Hollowwell anymore.”

“Why does the Spire care so much about Kunzite and her sister?” Chaoskin asked.

Amethyst shrugged. “They’re just hatchlings. Whatever is going on shouldn’t involve them,” he replied. “At least that’s all I can think of.”

“Well, that’s concerning to hear but,” Chaoskin nodded as he continued speaking, “You are both welcome in the Neo-Shallowlight. I hope you’ll continue to be Kunzite’s dedicated guardian. I also request that you stay here in the main cabin with me for the foreseeable future. It’s the safest place to be.”

Amethyst nodded. “Thank you,” he said. “I know that you’re doing this just for Kunzite, but seriously, thank you.”

“Well, you’re right, she is just a hatchling. Take care of her and please, try to behave,” Chaoskin responded. “I’ll leave you two to get some rest.” With that said, Chaoskin disappeared from the doorway, closing the door behind him.

Amethyst turned to Kunzite, standing back up fully. “We made it, kid,” he said in a quiet voice. “We’ll be safe here, I promise.”

Kunzite looked up at him, still slightly teary eyed. She nodded and smiled. Amethyst weakly smiled back, taking in the sight. He decided then and there, he’d do anything to keep that smile on her face.

@YakileBekrea @Petall @Testing123 @SakuraSundae

Ah, there was a bit of a gap between this chapter and the last huh, sorry about that! Though, I can't really guarantee that this won't be a somewhat common occurrence as inspiration to write can be pretty fickle for me. The main holdup I was having with this chapter in particular was what exactly I wanted to do with Amethyst and well, I had the idea that he was another delegate from the Spire of Muted Roses for a few days but that was about it.

But today (or well yesterday because I kinda fell asleep before I was supposed to post this) was my flight rising anniversary and I completely forgot that I had a nest lined up for it, and a pretty significant nest, which was the nest of Vakarian and Valouria who are the King and Queen of my main group of dragons, Hollowwell. So, when I had Kunzite and her sister hatch, I thought it'd be fun to add one of them to the Pinkerlocke. And while I was writing, I realized that this could also tie in Hollowwell more significantly to the Neo-Shallowlight and possibly set-up some conflict for later. So, that'll be fun when we get to it!

Also, I just wanted more Wildclaws in the Pinkerlocke, they're cool. Also an excuse to keep another one of Vakarian and Valouria's kids because they're always really pretty and I think I've kept most of them thus far, too. But also, because this nest was so recent, I do still have Kunzite's sister, Sugilite, so if anyone wants her, I'll be glad to give her over.
84894016_350.png

Also in regards to Aethers? I uh... might rescind my rule of having no ancients for this Pinkerlocke...

[quote]“Please refrain from getting angry at Aero again, please. He spent a lot of time watching over you to make sure you were healing alright. You owe him a bit of thanks, in fact.”[/quote] You love to see it, Chaoskin caring about Aero now! I'd take Sugulite! She would make a great addition to my reaper subclan.
Quote:
“Please refrain from getting angry at Aero again, please. He spent a lot of time watching over you to make sure you were healing alright. You owe him a bit of thanks, in fact.”

You love to see it, Chaoskin caring about Aero now!

I'd take Sugulite! She would make a great addition to my reaper subclan.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

Despite being resistant to it at first, Chaoskin has definitely warmed up to Aero.

Awesome! I'll send over Sugilite now!
@Petall

Despite being resistant to it at first, Chaoskin has definitely warmed up to Aero.

Awesome! I'll send over Sugilite now!
I JUST REALIZED THAT WHEN I DID UP THE FAMILY TREE I FORGOT TO ADD THE LINKS BETWEEN CHAOSKIN AND SYLAS!!! I have now updated it, so there are a bunch of your pinkerlocke dragons on there because I added all of the kids Chaoskin has adopted after their parents died. Here it is if you want to check it out! I look forward to adding to it as these dragons continue having kids and creating connections with one another!

I JUST REALIZED THAT WHEN I DID UP THE FAMILY TREE I FORGOT TO ADD THE LINKS BETWEEN CHAOSKIN AND SYLAS!!! I have now updated it, so there are a bunch of your pinkerlocke dragons on there because I added all of the kids Chaoskin has adopted after their parents died. Here it is if you want to check it out! I look forward to adding to it as these dragons continue having kids and creating connections with one another!

@Petall

That's so cool! I already thought the family tree was very cool but thank you for adding some of my dragons to it!
@Petall

That's so cool! I already thought the family tree was very cool but thank you for adding some of my dragons to it!
You're welcome! It makes me happy to be able to add significant dragons of stories I follow!
You're welcome! It makes me happy to be able to add significant dragons of stories I follow!
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3216176/7#post_53739693][b]Previous[/b][/url][/center] ----- [center][size=6][font=timesnewroman][b]Chapter 23[/b][/font][/size][/center] [center][size=6][font=timesnewroman][b]A Downward Spiral, Just A Pirouette[/b][/font][/size][/center] [center][item=void loop][/center] [center][size=5][font=timesnewroman][b]Writing[/b][/font][/size][/center] ------ [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68315949][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/362040147253919744/1081352787205558372/68315949_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81514921][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/362040147253919744/1083154691564765296/81514921_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Chaoskin sat uncomfortably at the make-shift table inside of Rogaldorn’s hut. He was tense, worried, sitting with hands grasping each other on the table. Rogaldorn was heating tea not far away from him, the same blend as last time, since it was still the only type of tea she had. Chaoskin didn’t quite care at the moment, but Rogaldorn had always insisted that they have tea when they chat. “You have a lot on your mind,” Rogaldorn commented as she brought the kettle over from the stove. She poured Chaoskin a cup first and then poured some for herself. The steam wafted in Chaoskin’s face but he didn’t move. Rogaldorn tilted her head, concerned now. “It’s about the newest arrivals,” Chaoskin let out. His mind was swarming with thoughts, most of which were pleasant. He knew he was overthinking but there was still a small part of him that thought he was just being preemptive. “That angry Wildclaw and the hatchling that came with him?” Rogaldorn asked. “Yes, Amethyst… and my niece, Kunzite,” Chaoskin clarified with a hefty sigh. “I assume Genesis told you?” “Of course. They pick a lot from just watching, though, not that this hatchling was your niece,” Rogaldorn’s eyes sparkled with intrigue. “So, why are they here? I assume by your concern that it’s not for a good reason.” “I don’t know,” Chaoskin admitted, his mind going wild with possibilities again. “Kunzite needs the protection of the Neo-Shallowlight. I don’t even think her escort knows what’s going on either. But he told me she and her sister were kidnapped for a time from the palace.” “I’ll admit, as someone who came to this region only recently, I’m unfamiliar with your family,” Rogaldorn said. “What palace are you referring to?” “The palace in Hollowwell. Ruled by my younger brother, Vakarian,” Chaoskin murmured in reply, feeling a tinge of spite when he mentioned Vakarian. “After the Shallowlight City collapsed, the dragon who claimed the ruins formed the Revedaen Church to rule it and, when I was still formulating the plan for the Neo-Shallowlight, they reinstated the royal family with Vakarian as the new king.” “I take it that you’re not quite happy with how things turned out,” Rogaldorn asked gently. He knew she could tell that he was getting more and more irritated. Chaoskin took a moment to respond, calming his irritation. He didn’t want his general bad mood to turn into something worse or to lash out at Rogaldorn without meaning to. Maybe talking through everything that had happened would help him figure out his feelings, he thought. He took in a breath and answered her, “No. I’m not happy with everything that’s happened,” he admitted. He was quiet for a moment. “But I don’t think I would’ve been happy if things had continued how they were going before the Shallowlight City fell either.” Rogaldorn tilted her head. “You know, you’ve never told me much about your time as prince of the Shallowlight. In fact, you’ve scarcely mentioned it,” she said. “If it’s something you’re not comfortable sharing-” “No,” Chaoskin said, interrupting her. “I’ll tell you about it.” He didn’t like thinking back that far in his life, but he thought that talking about it would help calm him down. He sat back in his chair and stared at the steam still rising from his teacup as he began to speak. “I was born, third-hatched of Ruriske, the White-Rose King, and ruler of the Shallowlight City at the time. Hatched alongside me were two siblings. From birth, I, my nest-mates, and even my older sibling were conditioned to rule, were taught that we were in constant competition with each other for the throne. I could trust no one growing up, not even my father, and my mother was always hidden away under my father’s orders.” He glanced away. “My father made it very clear that if we ever wanted to claim the throne from him, we would have to kill him. He wanted one of us to, and I’m sure if one of us had caught the nerve, he would’ve been so proud if we had killed one another. Growing up… wasn’t pleasant. I could never trust anyone in that accursed palace.” “So are you worried Vakarian takes after your father?” Rogaldorn asked. “No. Vakarian was born just before my father disappeared as my sister took the throne. Though in truth, my sister didn’t do much ruling since her husband managed to wrench the power from her,” Chaoskin let out a big sigh. “The Shallowlight City was a mess when it fell, so maybe what happened wasn’t the worst thing that could’ve occurred. But when the City fell, no, when my sister took the throne, it… felt like everything I’d been raised for had amounted to nothing. The idea that I’d wasted my life up until that point was terrifying. And… that selfish desire is the only reason why the Neo-Shallowlight even exists today.” “I’m very sorry to hear that, Your Majesty,” Rogaldorn said in a quiet, gentle way. “But don’t be so hard on yourself, it’s not like you’ve been abusing your power, and even then, everyone here has chosen to be here. I may not be a very social dragon, but I can tell just about everyone here appreciates your leadership. You’ve been doing a great job so far building this place up.” Chaoskin was silent. He heard Rogaldorn’s words, but they weren’t able to cut through his doubts. He didn’t want to talk about this anymore, it wasn’t even why he had wanted to talk to Rogaldorn in the first place. “Moving on,” he said abruptly. “I want to focus on Kunzite.” “Alright,” Rogaldorn said with a nod. “Whatever you want to talk about, I’ll listen.” “I just have a lot of thoughts plaguing my mind as to why the Spire thought it was safest to send Kunzite here,” Chaoskin sighed. He finally grabbed the teacup and took a drink. The bitter flavor lingered on his tongue but at least that gave him something else to focus on. “If she was kidnapped, wouldn’t it make more sense for her to go back to the Palace? I never knew Vakarian that well, but from what I’ve heard I’m sure he wouldn’t just let his daughter get kidnapped again.” “I can see why you’re so concerned,” Rogaldorn said in response, sipping her tea as well. “I don’t know what to think of all this,” Chaoskin admitted. “I… what if Vakarian thinks that we’ve stolen his daughter? What if he sends an army here or something? What if-” “I think that’s enough,” Rogaldorn said firmly, interrupting Chaoskin. Chaoskin was taken aback, remaining silent and looking up at her. She stood and walked around the table. “Whatever happens, Your Majesty, we’ll deal with it, I don’t think anyone would’ve been okay with turning Amethyst and Kunzite away, from what I’ve heard. That’s enough worrying.” She guided Chaoskin to his feet. “Now, how about we go check on how everyone else is doing? I think that’ll get this all off of your mind.” “We?” Chaoskin asked, surprised at the implication. Rogaldorn hesitated for a moment but then nodded with a smile. “Yes, the both of us,” she replied. She put her arm around Chaoskin’s. “I will repeat this and mean it until I’m dead in the ground, I’m not a social dragon, however, I know when a friend could use some company. Now come on, the day will only last for so long.” Chaoskin felt something stir in his chest. It wasn’t the anxieties he had been feeling all day, no. It was something else, something… more. As Rogaldorn dragged him out the door, he hoped that she didn’t notice the flush on his face. Then he realized what he was feeling. A feeling that he’d pushed down ever since Eldsem had passed. It was… he was… he was in love with Rogaldorn. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3216176/8#post_54249012][b]Next[/b][/url][/center] ----- @YakileBekrea @Petall @Testing123 @SakuraSundae ----- I don't think I've been able to write just a straight bonding chapter in a while, so this was nice to write. And... perhaps this is setting up for something... -----

Chapter 23
A Downward Spiral, Just A Pirouette
Void Loop
Writing

68315949_350.png
81514921_350.png
Chaoskin sat uncomfortably at the make-shift table inside of Rogaldorn’s hut. He was tense, worried, sitting with hands grasping each other on the table. Rogaldorn was heating tea not far away from him, the same blend as last time, since it was still the only type of tea she had. Chaoskin didn’t quite care at the moment, but Rogaldorn had always insisted that they have tea when they chat.

“You have a lot on your mind,” Rogaldorn commented as she brought the kettle over from the stove. She poured Chaoskin a cup first and then poured some for herself. The steam wafted in Chaoskin’s face but he didn’t move. Rogaldorn tilted her head, concerned now.

“It’s about the newest arrivals,” Chaoskin let out. His mind was swarming with thoughts, most of which were pleasant. He knew he was overthinking but there was still a small part of him that thought he was just being preemptive.

“That angry Wildclaw and the hatchling that came with him?” Rogaldorn asked.

“Yes, Amethyst… and my niece, Kunzite,” Chaoskin clarified with a hefty sigh. “I assume Genesis told you?”

“Of course. They pick a lot from just watching, though, not that this hatchling was your niece,” Rogaldorn’s eyes sparkled with intrigue. “So, why are they here? I assume by your concern that it’s not for a good reason.”

“I don’t know,” Chaoskin admitted, his mind going wild with possibilities again. “Kunzite needs the protection of the Neo-Shallowlight. I don’t even think her escort knows what’s going on either. But he told me she and her sister were kidnapped for a time from the palace.”

“I’ll admit, as someone who came to this region only recently, I’m unfamiliar with your family,” Rogaldorn said. “What palace are you referring to?”

“The palace in Hollowwell. Ruled by my younger brother, Vakarian,” Chaoskin murmured in reply, feeling a tinge of spite when he mentioned Vakarian. “After the Shallowlight City collapsed, the dragon who claimed the ruins formed the Revedaen Church to rule it and, when I was still formulating the plan for the Neo-Shallowlight, they reinstated the royal family with Vakarian as the new king.”

“I take it that you’re not quite happy with how things turned out,” Rogaldorn asked gently. He knew she could tell that he was getting more and more irritated.

Chaoskin took a moment to respond, calming his irritation. He didn’t want his general bad mood to turn into something worse or to lash out at Rogaldorn without meaning to. Maybe talking through everything that had happened would help him figure out his feelings, he thought. He took in a breath and answered her, “No. I’m not happy with everything that’s happened,” he admitted. He was quiet for a moment. “But I don’t think I would’ve been happy if things had continued how they were going before the Shallowlight City fell either.”

Rogaldorn tilted her head. “You know, you’ve never told me much about your time as prince of the Shallowlight. In fact, you’ve scarcely mentioned it,” she said. “If it’s something you’re not comfortable sharing-”

“No,” Chaoskin said, interrupting her. “I’ll tell you about it.” He didn’t like thinking back that far in his life, but he thought that talking about it would help calm him down. He sat back in his chair and stared at the steam still rising from his teacup as he began to speak. “I was born, third-hatched of Ruriske, the White-Rose King, and ruler of the Shallowlight City at the time. Hatched alongside me were two siblings. From birth, I, my nest-mates, and even my older sibling were conditioned to rule, were taught that we were in constant competition with each other for the throne. I could trust no one growing up, not even my father, and my mother was always hidden away under my father’s orders.” He glanced away. “My father made it very clear that if we ever wanted to claim the throne from him, we would have to kill him. He wanted one of us to, and I’m sure if one of us had caught the nerve, he would’ve been so proud if we had killed one another. Growing up… wasn’t pleasant. I could never trust anyone in that accursed palace.”

“So are you worried Vakarian takes after your father?” Rogaldorn asked.

“No. Vakarian was born just before my father disappeared as my sister took the throne. Though in truth, my sister didn’t do much ruling since her husband managed to wrench the power from her,” Chaoskin let out a big sigh. “The Shallowlight City was a mess when it fell, so maybe what happened wasn’t the worst thing that could’ve occurred. But when the City fell, no, when my sister took the throne, it… felt like everything I’d been raised for had amounted to nothing. The idea that I’d wasted my life up until that point was terrifying. And… that selfish desire is the only reason why the Neo-Shallowlight even exists today.”

“I’m very sorry to hear that, Your Majesty,” Rogaldorn said in a quiet, gentle way. “But don’t be so hard on yourself, it’s not like you’ve been abusing your power, and even then, everyone here has chosen to be here. I may not be a very social dragon, but I can tell just about everyone here appreciates your leadership. You’ve been doing a great job so far building this place up.”

Chaoskin was silent. He heard Rogaldorn’s words, but they weren’t able to cut through his doubts. He didn’t want to talk about this anymore, it wasn’t even why he had wanted to talk to Rogaldorn in the first place. “Moving on,” he said abruptly. “I want to focus on Kunzite.”

“Alright,” Rogaldorn said with a nod. “Whatever you want to talk about, I’ll listen.”

“I just have a lot of thoughts plaguing my mind as to why the Spire thought it was safest to send Kunzite here,” Chaoskin sighed. He finally grabbed the teacup and took a drink. The bitter flavor lingered on his tongue but at least that gave him something else to focus on. “If she was kidnapped, wouldn’t it make more sense for her to go back to the Palace? I never knew Vakarian that well, but from what I’ve heard I’m sure he wouldn’t just let his daughter get kidnapped again.”

“I can see why you’re so concerned,” Rogaldorn said in response, sipping her tea as well.

“I don’t know what to think of all this,” Chaoskin admitted. “I… what if Vakarian thinks that we’ve stolen his daughter? What if he sends an army here or something? What if-”

“I think that’s enough,” Rogaldorn said firmly, interrupting Chaoskin. Chaoskin was taken aback, remaining silent and looking up at her. She stood and walked around the table. “Whatever happens, Your Majesty, we’ll deal with it, I don’t think anyone would’ve been okay with turning Amethyst and Kunzite away, from what I’ve heard. That’s enough worrying.” She guided Chaoskin to his feet. “Now, how about we go check on how everyone else is doing? I think that’ll get this all off of your mind.”

“We?” Chaoskin asked, surprised at the implication.

Rogaldorn hesitated for a moment but then nodded with a smile. “Yes, the both of us,” she replied. She put her arm around Chaoskin’s. “I will repeat this and mean it until I’m dead in the ground, I’m not a social dragon, however, I know when a friend could use some company. Now come on, the day will only last for so long.”

Chaoskin felt something stir in his chest. It wasn’t the anxieties he had been feeling all day, no. It was something else, something… more. As Rogaldorn dragged him out the door, he hoped that she didn’t notice the flush on his face. Then he realized what he was feeling. A feeling that he’d pushed down ever since Eldsem had passed. It was… he was… he was in love with Rogaldorn.

@YakileBekrea @Petall @Testing123 @SakuraSundae

I don't think I've been able to write just a straight bonding chapter in a while, so this was nice to write. And... perhaps this is setting up for something...

What a beautiful chapter! I loved seeing Chaoskin's inner monologue, from his concerns about recent events and his position, to his dawning realization of his feelings. Truly a delight to read!
What a beautiful chapter! I loved seeing Chaoskin's inner monologue, from his concerns about recent events and his position, to his dawning realization of his feelings. Truly a delight to read!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10