Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Favorite Ancients?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
With Aethers joining the fray, what is everyone's rankings for each of the ancients? Personally, my ranking is:

1.) Aberrations/Aethers. Once the Aethers no longer have that new car feel, I'll proably be able to choose, but for now, it's so hard to pick a favorite!
2.)^ see above.
3.) Undertides, they're funny little eels :)
4.) Banescales. I feel like they're pushed aside when it comes to the ancients, but I really like what some people can do with them, especially some of their breed specific genes.
5.) Veilspuns. Fae are butterflies, Aether are moths, and Veilspun are beetles, lots of bugs.
6.) Gaolers. This is the only ancient I actually start to dislike, With their weird arm-wings, and their poses aren't too flattering. Though, again, some people do really great things with them.

What's your opinion on this ranking? And I'd love to hear yours!
With Aethers joining the fray, what is everyone's rankings for each of the ancients? Personally, my ranking is:

1.) Aberrations/Aethers. Once the Aethers no longer have that new car feel, I'll proably be able to choose, but for now, it's so hard to pick a favorite!
2.)^ see above.
3.) Undertides, they're funny little eels :)
4.) Banescales. I feel like they're pushed aside when it comes to the ancients, but I really like what some people can do with them, especially some of their breed specific genes.
5.) Veilspuns. Fae are butterflies, Aether are moths, and Veilspun are beetles, lots of bugs.
6.) Gaolers. This is the only ancient I actually start to dislike, With their weird arm-wings, and their poses aren't too flattering. Though, again, some people do really great things with them.

What's your opinion on this ranking? And I'd love to hear yours!
I find the novelty of ancients wears off quickly for me. The more unique options the better. Aethers and Undertides have a lot of really cool, fun, unique options! Veilspun are very pretty and have a lot of fun, but they're so much more expensive. Banescales and Aberrations have very little unique genes that I find fun, so their meh to me. Gaolers are alright, but I agree that their poses are a little bland.
I find the novelty of ancients wears off quickly for me. The more unique options the better. Aethers and Undertides have a lot of really cool, fun, unique options! Veilspun are very pretty and have a lot of fun, but they're so much more expensive. Banescales and Aberrations have very little unique genes that I find fun, so their meh to me. Gaolers are alright, but I agree that their poses are a little bland.
Hail Derek and hope for the best!
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
Hmmm....I think:

1) Aether - precious little space moff babies. newness may wear off and they'll drop a little but I doubt it'd be more than a rank or two
2) Aberration - two heads! TWO heads!!
3) Undertide - sweet little eels with lots of options
4) Gaoler - FLUFFY. could maybe swap these with the undertides
5) Veilspun - fun little bugs! I like 'em, but I don't love them
6) Banescales - just...never vibed with banes? the babies are so cute and I love their concept! but. ¯\_ (:/)_/¯
Hmmm....I think:

1) Aether - precious little space moff babies. newness may wear off and they'll drop a little but I doubt it'd be more than a rank or two
2) Aberration - two heads! TWO heads!!
3) Undertide - sweet little eels with lots of options
4) Gaoler - FLUFFY. could maybe swap these with the undertides
5) Veilspun - fun little bugs! I like 'em, but I don't love them
6) Banescales - just...never vibed with banes? the babies are so cute and I love their concept! but. ¯\_ (:/)_/¯
FObX7rS.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
yUgY90m.png
Hey, I'm Charlie!
she/they
nonbinary & queer
1) Aberration, probably not losing the throne for a long time :)
2) Aether, for their very creative tertiary genes
3) Banescale, I just like them for some reason, maybe because they look like more standard wyverns in mythology without any crazy creative designs (I always like creative never-before-seen creature designs but there's something charming about just going back to the roots :) )
4) Veilspun, some terts are cool and one of my favorite permas is a veilspun
5) Gaoler. They've got adorable babies, but that's about it
6) Undertides, quite underwhelming for a deep sea monster, considering just how terrifying those are depicted in mythology and folklore
1) Aberration, probably not losing the throne for a long time :)
2) Aether, for their very creative tertiary genes
3) Banescale, I just like them for some reason, maybe because they look like more standard wyverns in mythology without any crazy creative designs (I always like creative never-before-seen creature designs but there's something charming about just going back to the roots :) )
4) Veilspun, some terts are cool and one of my favorite permas is a veilspun
5) Gaoler. They've got adorable babies, but that's about it
6) Undertides, quite underwhelming for a deep sea monster, considering just how terrifying those are depicted in mythology and folklore
ePOliyb.png8VNo9V1.pngBzjAkuF.png
artist | programmer | retro nerd

Cool draggos: KyarCrossFelony

{ Hi! I'm Mr. Ocelittle! See my wishlist! )
ifGjLLQ.png
Gonna keep this very short but

1. Aethers, fluffy fluffy fluffyyyyyyy, very pretty and cute! I vibe with them a lot.
2. Undertide, noodles are always a win for me, I also love eels a lot
3. Aberrations are so nice! I love how chaotic the hatchlings look
4. Veilspuns! Love the bug vibe, love the art, but they rarely hit the spot for me
5. Gaolers. Love them, love the fluff, they also have nostalgic value to me, but the other ancients took their place
6. Banes. Love the concept and the hatchlings but I tend to forget they exist ^^" They could have been a lot more

Gonna keep this very short but

1. Aethers, fluffy fluffy fluffyyyyyyy, very pretty and cute! I vibe with them a lot.
2. Undertide, noodles are always a win for me, I also love eels a lot
3. Aberrations are so nice! I love how chaotic the hatchlings look
4. Veilspuns! Love the bug vibe, love the art, but they rarely hit the spot for me
5. Gaolers. Love them, love the fluff, they also have nostalgic value to me, but the other ancients took their place
6. Banes. Love the concept and the hatchlings but I tend to forget they exist ^^" They could have been a lot more

oYuEPZ2.pngPE8KYEr.pngMTtORbV.pngybQJlHz.pngu9KXIA8.pngGoVqS9e.png25JQOyr.pnge7NCmti.pngSjV5FiU.pngdEe2UrM.pngMUYNhfy.png
Y8kS5FU.png
1. Aberrations - my love for them is uncontested!
2. Veilspun - I love all the poses and their unique genes, the bc scroll cost not so much
3. Banescales - love all the poses but I haven't scried many since the last parallel gene update, I still wish for more
4. Undertides - I won't have many for lore reasons but I love the male and hatchling pose, their unique genes are so nice
5. Gaolers - I can take or leave the both adult poses but the hatchings are ADORABLE!
6. Aethers - I really like the unique genes and the female pose, I've not made my mind up about the hatchling pose other than not being able to see their extra limbs is sad... but the male... I want to appreciate them but no.
1. Aberrations - my love for them is uncontested!
2. Veilspun - I love all the poses and their unique genes, the bc scroll cost not so much
3. Banescales - love all the poses but I haven't scried many since the last parallel gene update, I still wish for more
4. Undertides - I won't have many for lore reasons but I love the male and hatchling pose, their unique genes are so nice
5. Gaolers - I can take or leave the both adult poses but the hatchings are ADORABLE!
6. Aethers - I really like the unique genes and the female pose, I've not made my mind up about the hatchling pose other than not being able to see their extra limbs is sad... but the male... I want to appreciate them but no.
1. Aether - I was afraid I wouldn't like the Arcane Ancient... but oh boy I LOVE them. Butterflies and Moths are some of my favourite animals, they're long, they're floofy, they have a cute derpy face and oh gosh I just LOVE them!
I just wish they were a modern breed so I could slap all the apparel on them

2. Tides/Banes
Guardians are not really... water-y, but Tides are awesome! I love deepsea noodles.
And I love my weird chickens (especially my XXY bab)

3. Abs
They're Neat. I have a beautiful sunset themed bab that I love.

4. Gaoler/Veilspun
They're okay. I don't love them, but I like them. I think I like Gaolers a bit more, Veilspuns are pretty hard to gene imo
1. Aether - I was afraid I wouldn't like the Arcane Ancient... but oh boy I LOVE them. Butterflies and Moths are some of my favourite animals, they're long, they're floofy, they have a cute derpy face and oh gosh I just LOVE them!
I just wish they were a modern breed so I could slap all the apparel on them

2. Tides/Banes
Guardians are not really... water-y, but Tides are awesome! I love deepsea noodles.
And I love my weird chickens (especially my XXY bab)

3. Abs
They're Neat. I have a beautiful sunset themed bab that I love.

4. Gaoler/Veilspun
They're okay. I don't love them, but I like them. I think I like Gaolers a bit more, Veilspuns are pretty hard to gene imo
Aberrations are my favorite. Aether & Undertides are tied. The rest are depend on if I like the how colors/genes combo are on the dragon.
Aberrations are my favorite. Aether & Undertides are tied. The rest are depend on if I like the how colors/genes combo are on the dragon.
Hm.... This is tough. I generally like them all a bunch. I can say that gaos and banes have slipped a few rungs towards the bottom just from their gene selections and age.

I still really like veils.... but I don't know that I have the drive to continue geneing them up with that pricetag. lol

I feel like Abbies, Undertides, and Aethers are still all around the same tier for me. I like genes that have lots of fun accents, and these guys have tons.
Hm.... This is tough. I generally like them all a bunch. I can say that gaos and banes have slipped a few rungs towards the bottom just from their gene selections and age.

I still really like veils.... but I don't know that I have the drive to continue geneing them up with that pricetag. lol

I feel like Abbies, Undertides, and Aethers are still all around the same tier for me. I like genes that have lots of fun accents, and these guys have tons.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
We're really liking Aethers at the moment :D Might change when they aren't shiny and new anymore but they're our favourite for now.
Undertides and Aberrations are also really cool.
We're really liking Aethers at the moment :D Might change when they aren't shiny and new anymore but they're our favourite for now.
Undertides and Aberrations are also really cool.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12