Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Onto the next breed!
Maybe I'm jumping the gun (I am), but now I can't help but wonder what the next breed will be! Here's a list of each flight's dragon amount: Earth - 2 modern[emoji=phoenix feather size=1] Water - 1 modern, 1 ancient[emoji=phoenix feather size=1] Fire - 1 modern, 1 ancient[emoji=phoenix feather size=1] Wind - 2 modern[emoji=phoenix feather size=1] Ice - 1 modern, 1 ancient[emoji=phoenix feather size=1] Lightning - 1 modern[emoji=peacock feather size=1] Shadow - 1 modern, 1 ancient[emoji=phoenix feather size=1] Light - 2 modern[emoji=phoenix feather size=1] Plague - 1 modern, 1 ancient[emoji=phoenix feather size=1] Nature - 1 modern[emoji=peacock feather size=1] Arcane - 1 modern, 1 ancient[emoji=phoenix feather size=1] The red feathers indicate which flights have 2 breeds, and the green feathers are which flights have 1 breed. As you can see, only 2 breeds have 1 dragon: Nature's Wildclaws, and Lightning's Ridgebacks. The question is, which flight is next? Personally, I'd be shocked if it was Lightning (sorry guys![emoji=mirror winking size=1]). Why? As someone who reads the Encyclopedia for fun, it's kinda obvious. To paraphrase, the description of the Wildclaw tells that, while they originate from the Shrieking Wilds of Nature flight, an equally large group of Wildclaws exists along the Wandering Contagion of Plague Flight. These two groups also don't get along too well. Compare Nature with Plague. Plague flight gets both a modern and ancient breed (Mirror and Aberration) all to themselves, as well as leeching (hah) onto Nature's [i]only[/i] breed. tl:dr, Wildclaws are passed between divorced parents and Glademom deserves better, Stormcatcher is gonna have to wait. [emoji=mirror happy size=1]
Maybe I'm jumping the gun (I am), but now I can't help but wonder what the next breed will be! Here's a list of each flight's dragon amount:

Earth - 2 modern
Water - 1 modern, 1 ancient
Fire - 1 modern, 1 ancient
Wind - 2 modern
Ice - 1 modern, 1 ancient
Lightning - 1 modern
Shadow - 1 modern, 1 ancient
Light - 2 modern
Plague - 1 modern, 1 ancient
Nature - 1 modern
Arcane - 1 modern, 1 ancient

The red feathers indicate which flights have 2 breeds, and the green feathers are which flights have 1 breed. As you can see, only 2 breeds have 1 dragon: Nature's Wildclaws, and Lightning's Ridgebacks.
The question is, which flight is next? Personally, I'd be shocked if it was Lightning (sorry guys!). Why? As someone who reads the Encyclopedia for fun, it's kinda obvious.
To paraphrase, the description of the Wildclaw tells that, while they originate from the Shrieking Wilds of Nature flight, an equally large group of Wildclaws exists along the Wandering Contagion of Plague Flight. These two groups also don't get along too well.
Compare Nature with Plague. Plague flight gets both a modern and ancient breed (Mirror and Aberration) all to themselves, as well as leeching (hah) onto Nature's only breed.

tl:dr, Wildclaws are passed between divorced parents and Glademom deserves better, Stormcatcher is gonna have to wait.
I do think Nature is next. It'd make sense for both remaining Flights lorewise - the Nature ancients rise up again after seeing that the puny Plague ancients have started running around, to put them back in their place and fan the flames of the up-coming war between flights. Tensions raise in the lore with the re-emergence of this battle ready breed. And as tensions reach their height, Lightning finally finishes its reactor - The Source - and turns it on in the midst of political chaos. Their ancient rises from this event (maybe something reanimated would be very cool) and with Lightning in power, war finally breaks between all the tensed up Flights.
... Or something like that?
I do think Nature is next. It'd make sense for both remaining Flights lorewise - the Nature ancients rise up again after seeing that the puny Plague ancients have started running around, to put them back in their place and fan the flames of the up-coming war between flights. Tensions raise in the lore with the re-emergence of this battle ready breed. And as tensions reach their height, Lightning finally finishes its reactor - The Source - and turns it on in the midst of political chaos. Their ancient rises from this event (maybe something reanimated would be very cool) and with Lightning in power, war finally breaks between all the tensed up Flights.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
@Recallback ooh I love this idea! I forgot to say in my post, but I could also see the Nature dragon being either modern or ancient (Obelisks being exhibit A). I love the short lore you came up with, I could so see something like that happening with Nature!
@Recallback ooh I love this idea! I forgot to say in my post, but I could also see the Nature dragon being either modern or ancient (Obelisks being exhibit A). I love the short lore you came up with, I could so see something like that happening with Nature!
I really want an Earth ancient just because I'm a Pebble.

Realistically, I'm going to guess that Lightning will be getting an ancient next; perhaps it can have a Thor/dragon hybrid theme.

I really want an Earth ancient just because I'm a Pebble.

Realistically, I'm going to guess that Lightning will be getting an ancient next; perhaps it can have a Thor/dragon hybrid theme.

[quote name="Recallback" date="2023-03-22 17:31:43" ] I do think Nature is next. It'd make sense for both remaining Flights lorewise - the Nature ancients rise up again after seeing that the puny Plague ancients have started running around, to put them back in their place and fan the flames of the up-coming war between flights. Tensions raise in the lore with the re-emergence of this battle ready breed. And as tensions reach their height, Lightning finally finishes its reactor - The Source - and turns it on in the midst of political chaos. Their ancient rises from this event (maybe something reanimated would be very cool) and with Lightning in power, war finally breaks between all the tensed up Flights. ... Or something like that? [/quote] PLEASE CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE DRAGONS OF WAR
Recallback wrote on 2023-03-22 17:31:43:
PLEASE

CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE DRAGONS OF WAR
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
[quote name="TenderVulture" date="2023-03-22 19:05:01" ] [quote name="Recallback" date="2023-03-22 17:31:43" ] I do think Nature is next. It'd make sense for both remaining Flights lorewise - the Nature ancients rise up again after seeing that the puny Plague ancients have started running around, to put them back in their place and fan the flames of the up-coming war between flights. Tensions raise in the lore with the re-emergence of this battle ready breed. And as tensions reach their height, Lightning finally finishes its reactor - The Source - and turns it on in the midst of political chaos. Their ancient rises from this event (maybe something reanimated would be very cool) and with Lightning in power, war finally breaks between all the tensed up Flights. ... Or something like that? [/quote] PLEASE CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE DRAGONS OF WAR [/quote] I wonder what would happen to end the war? The re-emergence of The Shade, or the coming of a 12th Flight god that basically goes "alright, THAT'S ENOUGH!" Edit: keep in mind there's also the subplots (I.e. Luminax and The Magmablood Rebellion.)
TenderVulture wrote on 2023-03-22 19:05:01:
Recallback wrote on 2023-03-22 17:31:43:
PLEASE

CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE DRAGONS OF WAR
I wonder what would happen to end the war? The re-emergence of The Shade, or the coming of a 12th Flight god that basically goes "alright, THAT'S ENOUGH!"

Edit: keep in mind there's also the subplots (I.e. Luminax and The Magmablood Rebellion.)
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png88744101.png
Let's not discount the non-elemental breed chances! There's canonically a modern breed not tied to any element (Bogsneaks), and that's it. No other breeds like them. The potential for chaos in any conflict with an ancient not tied to any of the deities dropping in to say hi is astronomical (and perfect if staff want to delay the other elements for any reason, like a desire to build more on their lore or a site feature they want to tie into it).

Discounting that, I would love to see more of what the Gladekeeper made back in the day, seeing as she laughed at the sight of her sister's Aberrations in their lore story. Like okay sis, what did you make then? What would stand against the Aberrations?
Let's not discount the non-elemental breed chances! There's canonically a modern breed not tied to any element (Bogsneaks), and that's it. No other breeds like them. The potential for chaos in any conflict with an ancient not tied to any of the deities dropping in to say hi is astronomical (and perfect if staff want to delay the other elements for any reason, like a desire to build more on their lore or a site feature they want to tie into it).

Discounting that, I would love to see more of what the Gladekeeper made back in the day, seeing as she laughed at the sight of her sister's Aberrations in their lore story. Like okay sis, what did you make then? What would stand against the Aberrations?
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
Shade breed when
Shade breed when
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD