Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | If you had to to start over…?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="@kalinka" date="2023-03-20 06:22:30" ] But [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3219770/6#post_53706850]if you're considering a lair purge[/url] I would recommend it! If you are having trouble getting rid of dragons, take off all their apparel/skins and see if you still like them. If not, yeet. There's also the hibden tactic, if you put them in the den and find yourself forgetting about them/not looking at them, then yeet. [/quote] All very good purge pointers! Incidentally I’ve been slowly rehoming some old ex-permas lately; saved all my old dragons’ info a while ago, and between that and a few breaks, it’s emboldened me >:O Reading old threads like the binge that sparked this post is always a Sign, lol. But yeah, thank you for the extra nudge! Also going to gesture in this reply’s direction for anyone else waffling on a clearout. Definitely no need to start from scratch, but if there’s a dragon or two you’re [i]really[/i] not sure about, nudge ’em out of view for a while and see how you feel. Might be more exciting to see them off to a fresh new home than collecting den dust c; (or not! Your call. The site is your oyster)~
@kalinka wrote on 2023-03-20 06:22:30:
But if you're considering a lair purge I would recommend it! If you are having trouble getting rid of dragons, take off all their apparel/skins and see if you still like them. If not, yeet. There's also the hibden tactic, if you put them in the den and find yourself forgetting about them/not looking at them, then yeet.

All very good purge pointers! Incidentally I’ve been slowly rehoming some old ex-permas lately; saved all my old dragons’ info a while ago, and between that and a few breaks, it’s emboldened me >:O Reading old threads like the binge that sparked this post is always a Sign, lol.

But yeah, thank you for the extra nudge! Also going to gesture in this reply’s direction for anyone else waffling on a clearout. Definitely no need to start from scratch, but if there’s a dragon or two you’re really not sure about, nudge ’em out of view for a while and see how you feel. Might be more exciting to see them off to a fresh new home than collecting den dust c; (or not! Your call. The site is your oyster)~
Cry

But in all seriousness, if I had to start over I'd probably try to make a more cohesive lore. It's something I've been attempting to do for years now but my attachment to certain dragons and the number of dragons I've accumulated over various updates makes it difficult. I guess the one advantage of having to start over would be being free from that. Though honestly, I've been here since 2016, if I had to start over completely idk if I'd get as into it. I don't really have the same time as I did back in high school, so starting out would be a lot harder. A lot of my casual enjoyment now comes from all the time I put into this game back when I did have a lot more time.
Cry

But in all seriousness, if I had to start over I'd probably try to make a more cohesive lore. It's something I've been attempting to do for years now but my attachment to certain dragons and the number of dragons I've accumulated over various updates makes it difficult. I guess the one advantage of having to start over would be being free from that. Though honestly, I've been here since 2016, if I had to start over completely idk if I'd get as into it. I don't really have the same time as I did back in high school, so starting out would be a lot harder. A lot of my casual enjoyment now comes from all the time I put into this game back when I did have a lot more time.
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
I've had too many of my dragons for a long time, been playing since may 2015. If i lost all of them then my motivation would be killed. If i kept playing, it'd take me a long while to care about my new lair.
I've had too many of my dragons for a long time, been playing since may 2015. If i lost all of them then my motivation would be killed. If i kept playing, it'd take me a long while to care about my new lair.
f0PgqbB.png Call me Alex, or Kieran!
pronouns: he/him, they/them
FR +0
old-oaks-2.png Lair sales
Old Oaks sales (lair)
Old Oaks sales (HibDen)
SQVdsFh.png
i wouldn't form new emotional connections to dragons like i do now anymore but it would be an opportunity to make a themed lair
i wouldn't form new emotional connections to dragons like i do now anymore but it would be an opportunity to make a themed lair
WishlistRandom Tundra Generator"Accent: Jelliecatcher" for Pearlcatcher female dragonsA very watermelon-looking bogsneak hatchlingA blue Tundra dragon wearing mushrooms and flowers with a treasure pile next to it
[quote name="Archaeoraptor" date="2023-03-21 22:26:12" ] Also, shout-out also to Shinko’s comment on page 2… …for unlocking early petsite memories x,D Wasn’t much of Neopets player myself, but I used to join [s]and ditch[/s] petsites like no tomorrow, and sometimes they’d get unceremoniously shut down or wiped or similar, for whatever reason. [i]Inactive account sweeps, my beloathed.[/i] But it certainly reminds you how fragile all this stuff is.... [/quote] [emoji=guardian winking size=2] Kekekeke, you're welcome. Growing up I had Those Parents who were very conscientious about internet safety, so at their insistence I falsified any and all information I put into online account registries. Including my birth date, which became a problem with my neopets accounts because if you don't log in for a month or so then you get auto-logged out and have to recall not only your usual account credentials, but also your birth date. I lost so many accounts that way. I finally quit lying about that detail after I lost an account that I actually spent NeoCash on in college, ahahaha.
Archaeoraptor wrote on 2023-03-21 22:26:12:
Also, shout-out also to Shinko’s comment on page 2…

…for unlocking early petsite memories x,D Wasn’t much of Neopets player myself, but I used to join and ditch petsites like no tomorrow, and sometimes they’d get unceremoniously shut down or wiped or similar, for whatever reason. Inactive account sweeps, my beloathed. But it certainly reminds you how fragile all this stuff is....

Kekekeke, you're welcome. Growing up I had Those Parents who were very conscientious about internet safety, so at their insistence I falsified any and all information I put into online account registries. Including my birth date, which became a problem with my neopets accounts because if you don't log in for a month or so then you get auto-logged out and have to recall not only your usual account credentials, but also your birth date. I lost so many accounts that way. I finally quit lying about that detail after I lost an account that I actually spent NeoCash on in college, ahahaha.
doFoi94.png
Just straight up leave.

I know it's stupid to get so attached to pixels, but they are important to me because I have spent so much time getting them and working on them. Heck, one of my projects took several months just to get the right breeding pair and over a year of breeding that would've took even longer if I hadn't reworked it after they threw a lucky primal.

The mere thought of not only having to go through all that again, because of something that wasn't even my fault or my choice, but also have to do the same with my entire lair, including my G1s? No. Just....no. I couldn't do it, I'd walk away and never look back.

Don't get me wrong, there are times when I look at my lair and wish I could start over. I'm even in the middle of a purge already, but I still look at some dragons and just can't bring myself to get rid for numerous reasons. If the complete redo was MY choice, I'd stick around, try something new...
Just straight up leave.

I know it's stupid to get so attached to pixels, but they are important to me because I have spent so much time getting them and working on them. Heck, one of my projects took several months just to get the right breeding pair and over a year of breeding that would've took even longer if I hadn't reworked it after they threw a lucky primal.

The mere thought of not only having to go through all that again, because of something that wasn't even my fault or my choice, but also have to do the same with my entire lair, including my G1s? No. Just....no. I couldn't do it, I'd walk away and never look back.

Don't get me wrong, there are times when I look at my lair and wish I could start over. I'm even in the middle of a purge already, but I still look at some dragons and just can't bring myself to get rid for numerous reasons. If the complete redo was MY choice, I'd stick around, try something new...
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
This is a scenario I consider a lot, especially as Flight Rising nears it's 10th anniversary! 10 years is a long time for a game in which majority of things don't have a permeant demise. Exalted dragons can still be viewed, even if they can't be interacted with and accounts aren't ever deleted, so if a person leaves the site or is banned, it stands as a monument of time.

Personally, if we had to completely restart from scratch with no way of returning to the previous state, I would be very sad. I have a lot of history with my dragons, not including the time and effort put into them, so I think I would struggle to rebuild. It would be 10 years of collecting gone. I'm sure I would continue being a Pearlcatcher-exclusive lair which would make the force restart feel even worse.

On the alternative, I think it would be interesting if there was a "fresh start sever" completely separate from the current game, keeping the original site intact. Like starting a new Minecraft world but keeping your previous world save. I'd be curious to see how a fresh start Flight Rising would play out with an knowledgeable player base compared to 10 years ago when everyone was new.
This is a scenario I consider a lot, especially as Flight Rising nears it's 10th anniversary! 10 years is a long time for a game in which majority of things don't have a permeant demise. Exalted dragons can still be viewed, even if they can't be interacted with and accounts aren't ever deleted, so if a person leaves the site or is banned, it stands as a monument of time.

Personally, if we had to completely restart from scratch with no way of returning to the previous state, I would be very sad. I have a lot of history with my dragons, not including the time and effort put into them, so I think I would struggle to rebuild. It would be 10 years of collecting gone. I'm sure I would continue being a Pearlcatcher-exclusive lair which would make the force restart feel even worse.

On the alternative, I think it would be interesting if there was a "fresh start sever" completely separate from the current game, keeping the original site intact. Like starting a new Minecraft world but keeping your previous world save. I'd be curious to see how a fresh start Flight Rising would play out with an knowledgeable player base compared to 10 years ago when everyone was new.
wpdF2UP.png
Volunteer Moderator:
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group.
vllAd2z.png
I would cry, try and leave, then come crawling back and make an imperial or ridgeback G1 monolair for the lols
I would cry, try and leave, then come crawling back and make an imperial or ridgeback G1 monolair for the lols
HX0RiC0.png
I would start at a different flight, maybe ice and coatls for frostpunk shenanigans or light to live with Luminax (beloved) or somewhere else and try a different lore. But I feel like no matter where I go, I'd eventually end up back in shadow lol. I just love everything in this flight! I might even end up with the same lore (cursed circus) and go back to collecting subspecies like pokemon. Overall, I'm not super attached to the specific dragons, but rather their vibe which I would subconsiously try to recreate in the new lair.

I would want to do a proper lineage with my progens though, that would be nice.
I would start at a different flight, maybe ice and coatls for frostpunk shenanigans or light to live with Luminax (beloved) or somewhere else and try a different lore. But I feel like no matter where I go, I'd eventually end up back in shadow lol. I just love everything in this flight! I might even end up with the same lore (cursed circus) and go back to collecting subspecies like pokemon. Overall, I'm not super attached to the specific dragons, but rather their vibe which I would subconsiously try to recreate in the new lair.

I would want to do a proper lineage with my progens though, that would be nice.
779bb9748f1a01bb53ebd79bec9f8670a24bdf61.png art-shop2.pngwagon_dragon.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10