Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ic. » WALTZ OF WHISPERERS
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25 26
[center][font=Savoye LET][size=7][color=Deepskyblue]Cyril Vassere[/center] [size=2][b]Interactions:[/b] N/a, open to anyone (mentions Eneth) [b]Location:[/b] Ballroom[/size] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/hIRhjMz.png[/img][/center] A brief flicker of fear flashed in his eyes when a pyromancer of some sort accidentally set fire to his dance partner’s sleeve. Even though it was quickly put out and nobody was really hurt… It didn’t mean the sight of uncontained fire didn’t scare Cyril a bit as he thought, [i]At least that didn’t happen right next to me… As I would’ve had a hard time remaining calm. Damned pyrophobia…[/i] Even though he didn’t really show his fear outwardly, he kept glancing over at the mage in a slightly nervous manner as he ate. ----- [center][font=SignPainter][size=7][color=Coral]Shreila Thatcher[/center] [size=2][b]Interactions:[/b] Az'Coreth (@BalticDeerOwl; not directly but you’re free to respond at any point); Mentions Devin slightly [b]Location:[/b] The Gardens[/size] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/jISYT8s.png[/img][/center] Her head tilted slightly, had she been in a feline form an ear would have rotated, but since she wasn’t it was a bit more subtle. Shreila thought she could hear the sound of feathers rustling slightly, and it didn’t sound close enough to be the person speaking to her… A bit strange as she wasn’t used to avian species and she really only heard feathers ruffling and wings flapping on small birds. [i]Even then… Not only does it sound too big to be any normal bird, it’s night and kinda crowded. Birds don’t like that or are sleeping… And owls are eerily silent so I wouldn’t hear one anyways.[/i] She thought as a patch of small dark red scales started to form on the exposed part of her right shoulder. Part of a brighter red stripe could be seen among the darker scales.
Cyril Vassere
Interactions: N/a, open to anyone (mentions Eneth)
hIRhjMz.png

A brief flicker of fear flashed in his eyes when a pyromancer of some sort accidentally set fire to his dance partner’s sleeve. Even though it was quickly put out and nobody was really hurt… It didn’t mean the sight of uncontained fire didn’t scare Cyril a bit as he thought,
At least that didn’t happen right next to me… As I would’ve had a hard time remaining calm. Damned pyrophobia…

Even though he didn’t really show his fear outwardly, he kept glancing over at the mage in a slightly nervous manner as he ate.
Shreila Thatcher
Interactions: Az'Coreth (@BalticDeerOwl; not directly but you’re free to respond at any point); Mentions Devin slightly
jISYT8s.png

Her head tilted slightly, had she been in a feline form an ear would have rotated, but since she wasn’t it was a bit more subtle. Shreila thought she could hear the sound of feathers rustling slightly, and it didn’t sound close enough to be the person speaking to her… A bit strange as she wasn’t used to avian species and she really only heard feathers ruffling and wings flapping on small birds.
Even then… Not only does it sound too big to be any normal bird, it’s night and kinda crowded. Birds don’t like that or are sleeping… And owls are eerily silent so I wouldn’t hear one anyways.
She thought as a patch of small dark red scales started to form on the exposed part of her right shoulder. Part of a brighter red stripe could be seen among the darker scales.
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
(Interacting with: Eneth)

“I can’t just take your word for it. So, I need your name and what precautions can you take.” Arcas crossed his arms now, a bit more at ease now. He would have to report the situation but he needed clear answers so that no one would try to protest against the mage’s stay. “Also, please don’t call me sir, I’m not cleared for any sort of title.”

Oh, Leona was going to use that. It was clear he didn’t like it with how tired his voice sounded when he said it. For now, she better listen to the mage’s answer. What she could do…

“I can’t just take your word for it. So, I need your name and what precautions can you take.” Arcas crossed his arms now, a bit more at ease now. He would have to report the situation but he needed clear answers so that no one would try to protest against the mage’s stay. “Also, please don’t call me sir, I’m not cleared for any sort of title.”

Oh, Leona was going to use that. It was clear he didn’t like it with how tired his voice sounded when he said it. For now, she better listen to the mage’s answer. What she could do…
............................ ..

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o1_75sq.png
Art | Wishlist | Avatar | Auction (30+)
...Blue | Any pronouns | FR time +8

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o2_75sq.png
Devin
In the gardens
Interactions: N/A

Devin continued walking through the garden and soon came to an archway that had a bench in the middle. Sure the bench was made of stone but it would work. Dev leaned against the vine-covered arch and pulled a book from his bag. He opened it to a blank page and wrote the date on top of it. He would have liked to start his entry earlier but Elder Arlen had not let him leave his side until he had 'met those dear to him'.

But that was past him now and he can finally settle down and start writing.
Devin
In the gardens
Interactions: N/A

Devin continued walking through the garden and soon came to an archway that had a bench in the middle. Sure the bench was made of stone but it would work. Dev leaned against the vine-covered arch and pulled a book from his bag. He opened it to a blank page and wrote the date on top of it. He would have liked to start his entry earlier but Elder Arlen had not let him leave his side until he had 'met those dear to him'.

But that was past him now and he can finally settle down and start writing.
.--- ..- ... - / - .... .. -. -.- / .- -... --- ..- - / - .... . / ..-. .- -.-. - / - .... .- - / .. -. / ... --- -- . / --- - .... . .-. / - .. -- . .-.. .. -. . / --- ..-. / --- ..- .-. / ..- -. .. ...- . .-. ... . / --- ..- .-. / .- .-.. .--. .... .- -... . - / .. ... / .- .-. .-. .- -. --. . -.. / -.-. --- -- .--. .-.. . - . .-.. -.-- / -.. .. ..-. ..-. . .-. . -. - .-.. -.--

I am bored enough to stare into a wall rn
3+ to FR time

Perel,
in the gardens, with Devin

He flitted amongst the flowers and people—for even though there were fewer people out here, there were people— taking care not to ensnare any part of his ensemble on a stray twig, or button, or shoe. He couldn't risk actually talking to someone now, could he? The configuration of the place seemingly led him to a quaint stone arch, blanketed in ivy and the markings of age. There was an unclaimed bench in between each of the stolid legs.

Despite its simple make distinguishing it from the floridity of the rest of the night, it seemed comfortable. What was most enticing, however, was the lack of people on or around it. Well, except for a young man with wings leaning on the green, writing something in a book. He was dressed shabbily—he suspected to enhance the splendor of his wings, which he could not hide though they were folded by his side— and free of, if only in pretense, the shackles of political play that the others vigorously let consume them. Perfect. Just the person he could wrap around his finger like just another one of his golden bands. Any ally when he was this bare and vulnerable was a good ally.

Knowing full well which features of his were his best, he adopted a serpentine sidling to his step and sat primly on the cool stone before turning over to the winged man and resting his face on a draped arm, shifting one leg over the other. "You there. Why don't you sit and write instead? There's plenty of room." Though his voice was pleasant, his expression remained unchanged, unreadable.

Perel,
in the gardens, with Devin

He flitted amongst the flowers and people—for even though there were fewer people out here, there were people— taking care not to ensnare any part of his ensemble on a stray twig, or button, or shoe. He couldn't risk actually talking to someone now, could he? The configuration of the place seemingly led him to a quaint stone arch, blanketed in ivy and the markings of age. There was an unclaimed bench in between each of the stolid legs.

Despite its simple make distinguishing it from the floridity of the rest of the night, it seemed comfortable. What was most enticing, however, was the lack of people on or around it. Well, except for a young man with wings leaning on the green, writing something in a book. He was dressed shabbily—he suspected to enhance the splendor of his wings, which he could not hide though they were folded by his side— and free of, if only in pretense, the shackles of political play that the others vigorously let consume them. Perfect. Just the person he could wrap around his finger like just another one of his golden bands. Any ally when he was this bare and vulnerable was a good ally.

Knowing full well which features of his were his best, he adopted a serpentine sidling to his step and sat primly on the cool stone before turning over to the winged man and resting his face on a draped arm, shifting one leg over the other. "You there. Why don't you sit and write instead? There's plenty of room." Though his voice was pleasant, his expression remained unchanged, unreadable.

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

Adnachiel—Interacting with Daphine
Eyebrows rise at the extensive list of powers, and the admiring glint in Adnachiel’s eyes remains visible despite the dip of his head to his wine glass. “A hero indeed,” he says, a statement he’d make even if he wasn’t politicking. Famines to forests are like floods to deserts—deadly and difficult to guard against. “To protect the population from something so devastating deserves a title, does it not?”

The fact that said hero has to comfort him of mind reading sends the satyr shrugging, lips curling as he says, “I appreciate your efforts.” It’s hard to catch but using mental magic on another ruler could spoil trust between any prospective, so Adnachiel isn’t too worried. Besides, Daphine seems trustworthy, and while the prince isn’t the type to be caught off guard, he refuses to return hospitality with anything but.

She smirks now, and Adnachiel can’t help but grin at the timing, finding amusement in the way his thoughts line up with her reaction. It’s almost a shame she wasn’t listening.

Because he knows she wasn’t, the prince lets his smile soften and begins to speak. “My temperament has little to do with my powers, unless being born for parties counts as one? Though, in the ones I prefer to attend, there's much more excitement than… negotiations.”
Adnachiel—Interacting with Daphine
Eyebrows rise at the extensive list of powers, and the admiring glint in Adnachiel’s eyes remains visible despite the dip of his head to his wine glass. “A hero indeed,” he says, a statement he’d make even if he wasn’t politicking. Famines to forests are like floods to deserts—deadly and difficult to guard against. “To protect the population from something so devastating deserves a title, does it not?”

The fact that said hero has to comfort him of mind reading sends the satyr shrugging, lips curling as he says, “I appreciate your efforts.” It’s hard to catch but using mental magic on another ruler could spoil trust between any prospective, so Adnachiel isn’t too worried. Besides, Daphine seems trustworthy, and while the prince isn’t the type to be caught off guard, he refuses to return hospitality with anything but.

She smirks now, and Adnachiel can’t help but grin at the timing, finding amusement in the way his thoughts line up with her reaction. It’s almost a shame she wasn’t listening.

Because he knows she wasn’t, the prince lets his smile soften and begins to speak. “My temperament has little to do with my powers, unless being born for parties counts as one? Though, in the ones I prefer to attend, there's much more excitement than… negotiations.”
Volaris
Ballroom
Interactions: Bang (@Acetheaxolotl)

“Hm.” Volaris nodded a little to his words. Largely craftsmen then, or at least not trying to advertise their more aggressive side if Aegus had been right about the mercenaries and backing of bloody plights. Granted, what Aegus knew had to at least be well over twenty-five years old.

She was curious as to if he was any good at it, or if he was most qualified by the judgment of his kin. A creative mind and sharp eye could earn you respect just as much as clean work and sharp detailing.

“So what is it that drew you over here?” A different, but equally prevalent, query was spoken accompanied by the slightest tilt of her head. It hadn’t been lost on her that the other, despite his friendliness and excitement at the fact, didn’t seem to know of who or what she was before pattering over.

((V, Bang just wanted to race you lmao. Sorry for the delay, thanks for waiting on me ^^’))
Volaris
Ballroom
Interactions: Bang (@Acetheaxolotl)

“Hm.” Volaris nodded a little to his words. Largely craftsmen then, or at least not trying to advertise their more aggressive side if Aegus had been right about the mercenaries and backing of bloody plights. Granted, what Aegus knew had to at least be well over twenty-five years old.

She was curious as to if he was any good at it, or if he was most qualified by the judgment of his kin. A creative mind and sharp eye could earn you respect just as much as clean work and sharp detailing.

“So what is it that drew you over here?” A different, but equally prevalent, query was spoken accompanied by the slightest tilt of her head. It hadn’t been lost on her that the other, despite his friendliness and excitement at the fact, didn’t seem to know of who or what she was before pattering over.

((V, Bang just wanted to race you lmao. Sorry for the delay, thanks for waiting on me ^^’))
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
@SuddenShimmer

"oh yea. uh, you and another guy almost crashed into me in the sky. was gonna go over to the other guy but he was already talking to a nymph in the garden, so i came to you instead! uh, honestly the blame is prolly on me. didn't watch where i was, heh." Bang smiles sheepishly as he scratches the back of his head. "but it's been going fine so far! ey, ye seemed real good in the air, so how bout some trick-flying eh? Bird vs Dragon!"

Bang's competitive spirit is starting to flare now. if she accepts, he will most likely lose. dragons aren't called the Rulers of The Sky for nothing. but even if he does he can still brag about it. even Gerald, the sandstone coloured dragon back home didn't fly with him or the others, always saying he was here for 'strictly business purposes' and 'while i may be friendly to you i will not stay for longer than i need to'. Gerald is nice, but man, can he be a party pooper sometimes! he's definitely gonna shove that in his face when he gets home. again his anxieties scream but he. does not. care. he knows he wasnt cut out for this, a merc should have gone but if he's here he might as well have some cheeky fun. that's what a party is for, right? fun!
@SuddenShimmer

"oh yea. uh, you and another guy almost crashed into me in the sky. was gonna go over to the other guy but he was already talking to a nymph in the garden, so i came to you instead! uh, honestly the blame is prolly on me. didn't watch where i was, heh." Bang smiles sheepishly as he scratches the back of his head. "but it's been going fine so far! ey, ye seemed real good in the air, so how bout some trick-flying eh? Bird vs Dragon!"

Bang's competitive spirit is starting to flare now. if she accepts, he will most likely lose. dragons aren't called the Rulers of The Sky for nothing. but even if he does he can still brag about it. even Gerald, the sandstone coloured dragon back home didn't fly with him or the others, always saying he was here for 'strictly business purposes' and 'while i may be friendly to you i will not stay for longer than i need to'. Gerald is nice, but man, can he be a party pooper sometimes! he's definitely gonna shove that in his face when he gets home. again his anxieties scream but he. does not. care. he knows he wasnt cut out for this, a merc should have gone but if he's here he might as well have some cheeky fun. that's what a party is for, right? fun!
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
Audbjorn | Ballroom | Mentions: Cyril (@SmilodonLady let me know if you'd prefer not to be pinged)
The mage appeared to be handling his own and thus Audbjorn quickly lost interest. Besides, he did not hold himself like the warriors he had spoken to in the past. He frowned at the thought of that armor being for show.
He turned away, looking back at the table and the decorated patrons around it. While most were deep in hollow conversation or otherwise enjoying company one individual stood out. Sitting quietly alone like another fancy table adornment. Audbjorn realized he too must appear as such and decided to solve both of their problems at once.
"Good grub, ay?" Came Audbjorn's loud voice as he took a seat next to the stranger. Aimer was quick to take up the spot between them. The coyote looked up at Cyril with pleading eyes as she begged for food.
"It's a shame really. Such fantastic food and these sophisticated saps can't bring themselves to take more than a taste!" His grin widened with a chuckle as he looked out into the crowd. As if to illustrate his point Audbjorn leaned over the table to snag yet another delectable morsel to share with his pet.
Audbjorn | Ballroom | Mentions: Cyril (@SmilodonLady let me know if you'd prefer not to be pinged)
The mage appeared to be handling his own and thus Audbjorn quickly lost interest. Besides, he did not hold himself like the warriors he had spoken to in the past. He frowned at the thought of that armor being for show.
He turned away, looking back at the table and the decorated patrons around it. While most were deep in hollow conversation or otherwise enjoying company one individual stood out. Sitting quietly alone like another fancy table adornment. Audbjorn realized he too must appear as such and decided to solve both of their problems at once.
"Good grub, ay?" Came Audbjorn's loud voice as he took a seat next to the stranger. Aimer was quick to take up the spot between them. The coyote looked up at Cyril with pleading eyes as she begged for food.
"It's a shame really. Such fantastic food and these sophisticated saps can't bring themselves to take more than a taste!" His grin widened with a chuckle as he looked out into the crowd. As if to illustrate his point Audbjorn leaned over the table to snag yet another delectable morsel to share with his pet.
1bGY4da.gif
G6dp9TC.gifX7lZdvM.gifRiz8QCR.gifTgsXEGE.pngUcGmwnI.pngYqQahg2.png
Daphine Hellobonia

Interaction: Adnachiel

The tree nymph grins, finding amusement in the way the satyr has a bright smile on his face, much like the one on her own. She does find the title "hero" a little gratifying. The famine had been a while ago, and a part of her was worried that her actions would be seen as everyday stuff. Although, he is from the desert, she supposes, and famines could be just as deadly in the sweltering head as in the frosty cold.

He appreciates her efforts (efforts!), although it's always taken more effort for her to read the minds of others than to not. Her mind quickly flits over the idea of revealing her many eyes- something she had been told only to do if she found a suitable ally, but she decides against it for the time being, perhaps more out of self-consciousnesses than anything. Adnachiel seemed smart, and Daphine guessed that it would only be a matter of time before he noticed her little secret.

Although the was enjoying the party, she did miss the chill of her home.

"If you consider this to be less lively than normal, I'm a little frightened of what you would deem exciting." Her eyes dart back up to the windows of the party. "It's just peoples minds. They can be loud. And there's always the future, everybody's future, which I'm always blocking out."

Her eyes brighten, delicately widening with an idea. "If I am not used to these loud parties, it leads me to ponder if you would enjoy a more quiet environment." Her eyes dart towards the ground, suddenly very aware of the lack of a coat of white covering the ground. "Have you ever seen snow, Adnachiel?"

---
Eneth Initosh

Interaction: Arcas

Eneth felt his body temperature rise yet again, but not being forced to call the guard 'sir' made him fell a little better. He yanked out a pair of gloves from one of his many pockets, holding them up so the guard could see them and then slipping them on.

"These gloves, they're good at stopping fire. Y'know, fire resistance and all. And then..." He unclipped his bracelet, slipping it into the same pocket that the gloves had come out of. "That was a conduit. Since it's on me, it'll control my fire, but since it isn't on my wrist, it won't be inclined to shoot fire at an unsuspecting guests sleeve".

Eneth looked rather sheepish as he stared at his rings. "My leader had the interesting idea of using that conduit to showcase awesome displays of power for other realms. In hindsight, and considering my track record, I'm not sure what he was thinking." His gaze snapped up. "Anyway, my name is Eneth Initosh, and for any further reference.." He digs into his pocket and pulls out an angry, flaming red ferret, who is very displeased at being removed from his safe place. "This little guys name is Flare."

Daphine Hellobonia

Interaction: Adnachiel

The tree nymph grins, finding amusement in the way the satyr has a bright smile on his face, much like the one on her own. She does find the title "hero" a little gratifying. The famine had been a while ago, and a part of her was worried that her actions would be seen as everyday stuff. Although, he is from the desert, she supposes, and famines could be just as deadly in the sweltering head as in the frosty cold.

He appreciates her efforts (efforts!), although it's always taken more effort for her to read the minds of others than to not. Her mind quickly flits over the idea of revealing her many eyes- something she had been told only to do if she found a suitable ally, but she decides against it for the time being, perhaps more out of self-consciousnesses than anything. Adnachiel seemed smart, and Daphine guessed that it would only be a matter of time before he noticed her little secret.

Although the was enjoying the party, she did miss the chill of her home.

"If you consider this to be less lively than normal, I'm a little frightened of what you would deem exciting." Her eyes dart back up to the windows of the party. "It's just peoples minds. They can be loud. And there's always the future, everybody's future, which I'm always blocking out."

Her eyes brighten, delicately widening with an idea. "If I am not used to these loud parties, it leads me to ponder if you would enjoy a more quiet environment." Her eyes dart towards the ground, suddenly very aware of the lack of a coat of white covering the ground. "Have you ever seen snow, Adnachiel?"

---
Eneth Initosh

Interaction: Arcas

Eneth felt his body temperature rise yet again, but not being forced to call the guard 'sir' made him fell a little better. He yanked out a pair of gloves from one of his many pockets, holding them up so the guard could see them and then slipping them on.

"These gloves, they're good at stopping fire. Y'know, fire resistance and all. And then..." He unclipped his bracelet, slipping it into the same pocket that the gloves had come out of. "That was a conduit. Since it's on me, it'll control my fire, but since it isn't on my wrist, it won't be inclined to shoot fire at an unsuspecting guests sleeve".

Eneth looked rather sheepish as he stared at his rings. "My leader had the interesting idea of using that conduit to showcase awesome displays of power for other realms. In hindsight, and considering my track record, I'm not sure what he was thinking." His gaze snapped up. "Anyway, my name is Eneth Initosh, and for any further reference.." He digs into his pocket and pulls out an angry, flaming red ferret, who is very displeased at being removed from his safe place. "This little guys name is Flare."

she/her pronouns, call me eyes or lanni DVynlKm.png simply a girl in one hell of a world

Arcas blinked in surprise, not really expecting such sudden friendliness.

“I… I’m Arcas.” He spoke uncertainly, as if having forgotten his own name, and he wanted to hit himself for being caught off guard. He could hear a snicker behind him and tried distracting himself by looking at the ferret. He knew some guests had brought animal companions and such but he… He expected exotic and weird, kinda ugly, creatures. This, Flare, was adorable. And, yeah, maybe Arcas had a soft spot for smaller animals and this little guy was colourful, like the birds Arcas liked to watch.

He cleared his throat, trying to rid himself of the awkwardness he inflicted upon himself and meeting Eneth’s eyes, “I’d suggest using your gloves as much as you're comfortable with. At Least when you interact with anything flammable - or anyone for that matter. If you want to put on shows, going outside would probably be for the best. If you want to, you could try organising it with the guard to keep a perimeter so no one gets too close.”

To say it was nicer interacting with Eneth than Leona would be an understatement. They both were friendly, in completely different ways. Same coin, different sides, Arcas supposed. Leona wanted to twist people around her fingers. If Eneth had a manipulative bone in his body, Arcas couldn’t tell.

Arcas blinked in surprise, not really expecting such sudden friendliness.

“I… I’m Arcas.” He spoke uncertainly, as if having forgotten his own name, and he wanted to hit himself for being caught off guard. He could hear a snicker behind him and tried distracting himself by looking at the ferret. He knew some guests had brought animal companions and such but he… He expected exotic and weird, kinda ugly, creatures. This, Flare, was adorable. And, yeah, maybe Arcas had a soft spot for smaller animals and this little guy was colourful, like the birds Arcas liked to watch.

He cleared his throat, trying to rid himself of the awkwardness he inflicted upon himself and meeting Eneth’s eyes, “I’d suggest using your gloves as much as you're comfortable with. At Least when you interact with anything flammable - or anyone for that matter. If you want to put on shows, going outside would probably be for the best. If you want to, you could try organising it with the guard to keep a perimeter so no one gets too close.”

To say it was nicer interacting with Eneth than Leona would be an understatement. They both were friendly, in completely different ways. Same coin, different sides, Arcas supposed. Leona wanted to twist people around her fingers. If Eneth had a manipulative bone in his body, Arcas couldn’t tell.
............................ ..

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o1_75sq.png
Art | Wishlist | Avatar | Auction (30+)
...Blue | Any pronouns | FR time +8

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o2_75sq.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25 26