Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [closed] [dom] Cave Exploration CYOA
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote=Friday][i]It takes some effort to lug the thing upright - it’s heavier than it looks, and difficult to maneuver in the narrow tunnel - but with a little bit of work the engineer manages to set the cart back on the tracks. Despite the rust and warping of both wheel and rail, it rattles down the track at a decent speed. The track splits once or twice, but the cart is locked onto the main line and continues straight to its destination, whatever that may be.[/i] [img]https://media.tumblr.com/15db36bc2a2201fce27c8e0e341266d9/0e80c91186cb4dc1-06/s100x200/4e08994ce38252d3b0c0c31a0744044fe627d4da.png[/img] [code][img]https://media.tumblr.com/15db36bc2a2201fce27c8e0e341266d9/0e80c91186cb4dc1-06/s100x200/4e08994ce38252d3b0c0c31a0744044fe627d4da.png[/img][/code] [i]After a long walk, during which the way becomes better-lit but much more dusty, the tunnel empties into a large room. The rail diverts to circle the edges of the room, while the center is filled with cobwebby furniture, abandoned tools, scraps of paper that turn to dust when touched, and broken crates still with glinting chips of sacridite. This was some sort of ancient mining operation, although what happened to the miners is anyone’s guess. The entire back half of the room has collapsed - either before or after this place was abandoned - into a loose pile of rock which emanates a slight humming sound. One set of rails leads directly towards it and the crushed back half of a mining cart is barely visible under one particularly large boulder. It’s obvious what to do next, perhaps, but the question is how to approach it? Even though the largest dragons have turned back, the expedition has enough muscle left to dig through, clear the rocks, dismantle the barricade. This is a pile of stones, however, not a mortored wall, and a sufficiently limber Spiral or Veilspun should be able to find a path, investigate, and report back. One way risks a collapse if they move something wrong; the other risks a dragon trapped, alone. And of course, there’s no way to know what’s on the other side.[/i] To vote for clearing the obstruction, send to @TomSwifty. To vote for a single dragon sneaking through, send to @Bearskull. The winning choice will determine today's badge, which will be revealed on Saturday, along with the final badge and ending to the CYOA![/quote] @Bearskull @hibikiga @Islet @Kothra @harpyja @Stanzascale @Beezarre @WolfTrickster @Golden @Dessy @CrazyDragonLady1 @Deladria @SkellieTheRedd @jbapple @mephistos @DuskAwakening @catfire13 @distortedgenesis @ZaxProxy @Ajgreelyfan3 @Jeevas @CeruleanCrow @Magmish @ultrasuede @ArithMedic @FinalFlight @Sachqua @niliq @KairinRose @xenonentity @Tealshark
Friday wrote:
It takes some effort to lug the thing upright - it’s heavier than it looks, and difficult to maneuver in the narrow tunnel - but with a little bit of work the engineer manages to set the cart back on the tracks. Despite the rust and warping of both wheel and rail, it rattles down the track at a decent speed. The track splits once or twice, but the cart is locked onto the main line and continues straight to its destination, whatever that may be.

4e08994ce38252d3b0c0c31a0744044fe627d4da.png
Code:
[img]https://media.tumblr.com/15db36bc2a2201fce27c8e0e341266d9/0e80c91186cb4dc1-06/s100x200/4e08994ce38252d3b0c0c31a0744044fe627d4da.png[/img]

After a long walk, during which the way becomes better-lit but much more dusty, the tunnel empties into a large room. The rail diverts to circle the edges of the room, while the center is filled with cobwebby furniture, abandoned tools, scraps of paper that turn to dust when touched, and broken crates still with glinting chips of sacridite. This was some sort of ancient mining operation, although what happened to the miners is anyone’s guess. The entire back half of the room has collapsed - either before or after this place was abandoned - into a loose pile of rock which emanates a slight humming sound. One set of rails leads directly towards it and the crushed back half of a mining cart is barely visible under one particularly large boulder. It’s obvious what to do next, perhaps, but the question is how to approach it? Even though the largest dragons have turned back, the expedition has enough muscle left to dig through, clear the rocks, dismantle the barricade. This is a pile of stones, however, not a mortored wall, and a sufficiently limber Spiral or Veilspun should be able to find a path, investigate, and report back. One way risks a collapse if they move something wrong; the other risks a dragon trapped, alone. And of course, there’s no way to know what’s on the other side.

To vote for clearing the obstruction, send to @TomSwifty. To vote for a single dragon sneaking through, send to @Bearskull. The winning choice will determine today's badge, which will be revealed on Saturday, along with the final badge and ending to the CYOA!

@Bearskull @hibikiga @Islet @Kothra @harpyja @Stanzascale @Beezarre @WolfTrickster @Golden @Dessy @CrazyDragonLady1 @Deladria @SkellieTheRedd @jbapple @mephistos @DuskAwakening @catfire13 @distortedgenesis @ZaxProxy @Ajgreelyfan3 @Jeevas @CeruleanCrow @Magmish @ultrasuede @ArithMedic @FinalFlight @Sachqua @niliq @KairinRose @xenonentity @Tealshark
Someday, the whole sky is going to light up, and it's gonna say, "TILT."
And that's gonna be the end of the world.

Artshop * Adopts * Skins
I think I might have missed a day. Is there a way to make up and collect the missed badge?
I think I might have missed a day. Is there a way to make up and collect the missed badge?
w8o0xW1.pngSaronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.WXOu4H0.pngt4yhov0.png1Up793k.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Sent you (1) vote for today's badge!
Sent you (1) vote for today's badge!
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[quote=Saturday][i]Clearing the stones is easier than expected - there are only a few truly large boulders to be manhandled and the smaller rocks mostly fall outwards, away from whatever they’re hiding. Most of the effort is spent making sure they don’t roll out of control and smash anything, either the artifacts in the room or smaller dragons. The most difficult part is finding somewhere to put them afterwards, but eventually they are all tucked along the sides of the room or deposited in alcoves of the tunnel outside, revealing the other half of the room. [img]https://media.tumblr.com/b779581b50eb874c888e3a6d2689d362/0e80c91186cb4dc1-d7/s100x200/87f1f917f72bc7a4cea2319133167cdfa8198358.png[/img] [code][img]https://media.tumblr.com/b779581b50eb874c888e3a6d2689d362/0e80c91186cb4dc1-d7/s100x200/87f1f917f72bc7a4cea2319133167cdfa8198358.png[/img][/code] Although the open half was cluttered with old equipment and debris, the hidden area is fairly empty except for rocks and dust, the mangled continuation of a cart rail, and a large machine of some kind. Examination reveals this is a geothermal heat pump, still functional after all these years! Sure, the body of the thing is dented and rusted a bit, the attached batteries are corroded and cables frayed, but aided by natural pressure and heat, the process of retrieving and cooling underground liquid has continued without intervention, resulting in a trickle of power still moving through the wire. Although the design is odd and antique, it’s sturdy and with a little bit of tinkering and some swapping out of broken parts, the expedition crew is able to coax enough electricity from it to light the rest of the room. A more thorough refurbishment will need to wait until a team can be called from Tempest Spire, but there’s no doubt that one will come. A new power source, archaeological site, and geological discoveries? As they celebrate their final and most impressive find, the expedition declares their mission a success! [/i] No choice today, as it's Saturday - but sending at least one level or one full stack of food to either @TomSwifty or @Bearskull will let you claim today’s badge. Ticket counting and raffle drawing will take place next week, and instructions for claiming missed badges will be made available at the same time. [img]https://media.tumblr.com/5b905ec8d13346bf89532635a973f35e/0e80c91186cb4dc1-09/s250x400/70fc9a5bfd6d9f47ac7d4ef92d21463f3fd770a4.png[/img] [code][img]https://media.tumblr.com/5b905ec8d13346bf89532635a973f35e/0e80c91186cb4dc1-09/s250x400/70fc9a5bfd6d9f47ac7d4ef92d21463f3fd770a4.png[/img][/code] [img]https://media.tumblr.com/fa15c8ecae1bed88a202a20e5818e658/0e80c91186cb4dc1-bf/s100x200/922dd125149e3815718db88ae493cd84baa96349.png[/img] [code][img]https://media.tumblr.com/fa15c8ecae1bed88a202a20e5818e658/0e80c91186cb4dc1-bf/s100x200/922dd125149e3815718db88ae493cd84baa96349.png[/img][/code][/quote] Thank you so much for playing, it's been fun! @Bearskull @hibikiga @Islet @Kothra @harpyja @Stanzascale @Beezarre @WolfTrickster @Golden @Dessy @CrazyDragonLady1 @Deladria @SkellieTheRedd @jbapple @mephistos @DuskAwakening @catfire13 @distortedgenesis @ZaxProxy @Ajgreelyfan3 @Jeevas @CeruleanCrow @Magmish @ultrasuede @ArithMedic @FinalFlight @Sachqua @niliq @KairinRose @xenonentity @Tealshark
Saturday wrote:
Clearing the stones is easier than expected - there are only a few truly large boulders to be manhandled and the smaller rocks mostly fall outwards, away from whatever they’re hiding. Most of the effort is spent making sure they don’t roll out of control and smash anything, either the artifacts in the room or smaller dragons. The most difficult part is finding somewhere to put them afterwards, but eventually they are all tucked along the sides of the room or deposited in alcoves of the tunnel outside, revealing the other half of the room.

87f1f917f72bc7a4cea2319133167cdfa8198358.png
Code:
[img]https://media.tumblr.com/b779581b50eb874c888e3a6d2689d362/0e80c91186cb4dc1-d7/s100x200/87f1f917f72bc7a4cea2319133167cdfa8198358.png[/img]

Although the open half was cluttered with old equipment and debris, the hidden area is fairly empty except for rocks and dust, the mangled continuation of a cart rail, and a large machine of some kind. Examination reveals this is a geothermal heat pump, still functional after all these years! Sure, the body of the thing is dented and rusted a bit, the attached batteries are corroded and cables frayed, but aided by natural pressure and heat, the process of retrieving and cooling underground liquid has continued without intervention, resulting in a trickle of power still moving through the wire. Although the design is odd and antique, it’s sturdy and with a little bit of tinkering and some swapping out of broken parts, the expedition crew is able to coax enough electricity from it to light the rest of the room.

A more thorough refurbishment will need to wait until a team can be called from Tempest Spire, but there’s no doubt that one will come. A new power source, archaeological site, and geological discoveries? As they celebrate their final and most impressive find, the expedition declares their mission a success!

No choice today, as it's Saturday - but sending at least one level or one full stack of food to either @TomSwifty or @Bearskull will let you claim today’s badge. Ticket counting and raffle drawing will take place next week, and instructions for claiming missed badges will be made available at the same time.

70fc9a5bfd6d9f47ac7d4ef92d21463f3fd770a4.png
Code:
[img]https://media.tumblr.com/5b905ec8d13346bf89532635a973f35e/0e80c91186cb4dc1-09/s250x400/70fc9a5bfd6d9f47ac7d4ef92d21463f3fd770a4.png[/img]
922dd125149e3815718db88ae493cd84baa96349.png
Code:
[img]https://media.tumblr.com/fa15c8ecae1bed88a202a20e5818e658/0e80c91186cb4dc1-bf/s100x200/922dd125149e3815718db88ae493cd84baa96349.png[/img]

Thank you so much for playing, it's been fun!

@Bearskull @hibikiga @Islet @Kothra @harpyja @Stanzascale @Beezarre @WolfTrickster @Golden @Dessy @CrazyDragonLady1 @Deladria @SkellieTheRedd @jbapple @mephistos @DuskAwakening @catfire13 @distortedgenesis @ZaxProxy @Ajgreelyfan3 @Jeevas @CeruleanCrow @Magmish @ultrasuede @ArithMedic @FinalFlight @Sachqua @niliq @KairinRose @xenonentity @Tealshark

Artshop * Adopts * Skins
Thanks for the event! :)
Thanks for the event! :)
ppp-badge_solostore.gif m6asBGp.pngnD713ZL.gif
FWMW3nE.png
Thank you so much for hosting!! I hope this returns again in the future!!
Thank you so much for hosting!! I hope this returns again in the future!!
mvO7hvU.png 5kRkxhJ.png
5hF3FGk.png
kCHWEjf.png
Just returned from Hiatus!
Let me know if you're missing something from me and please be patient while I adjust to the game again!
Hello all! This ping is a reminder to double check your tickets on the [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/161eFHZiAa9FBPAyO2_6r_j30ixkgmi9pPHOQ8Jc6Dsw/edit#gid=0]raffle sheet[/url]! Prizes will be drawn tomorrow evening, so if there's any mistake or discrepancy please let myself or Bearskull know ASAP. Missed badges for this event can be bought for 5kt per badge - please send payment to me or Bearskull. Thank you so much for participating, it's been a great time and I hope you all had as much fun as we did [emoji=nocturne happy size=2] @Islet @distortedgenesis @jbapple @Dessy @CrazyDragonLady1 @Deladria @catfire13 @Luaii @Nevercanth @niliq @Sushispider1212 @Violet833 @Ajgreelyfan3 @Jeevas @Magmish @IamNoHere @ZaxProxy @Niviarsiaq @Evet @Kothra @KairinRose @Golden @SatyrGatyr @mephistos @DuskAwakening @SkellieTheRedd @AngelStarling @harpyja @ArithMedic @FinalFlight @CeruleanCrow @WolfTrickster @Ultrasuede @Mythariah @Stanzascale @IamNoHere @Sachqua @slimemoldscholar @Tealshark @TealShark @xenonentity @teowodore
Hello all! This ping is a reminder to double check your tickets on the raffle sheet! Prizes will be drawn tomorrow evening, so if there's any mistake or discrepancy please let myself or Bearskull know ASAP.

Missed badges for this event can be bought for 5kt per badge - please send payment to me or Bearskull.

Thank you so much for participating, it's been a great time and I hope you all had as much fun as we did

@Islet @distortedgenesis @jbapple @Dessy @CrazyDragonLady1 @Deladria @catfire13 @Luaii @Nevercanth @niliq @Sushispider1212 @Violet833 @Ajgreelyfan3 @Jeevas @Magmish @IamNoHere @ZaxProxy @Niviarsiaq @Evet @Kothra @KairinRose @Golden @SatyrGatyr @mephistos @DuskAwakening @SkellieTheRedd @AngelStarling @harpyja @ArithMedic @FinalFlight @CeruleanCrow @WolfTrickster @Ultrasuede @Mythariah @Stanzascale @IamNoHere
@Sachqua @slimemoldscholar @Tealshark @TealShark @xenonentity @teowodore

Artshop * Adopts * Skins
Thank you for hosting! That was really fun!!
Thank you for hosting! That was really fun!!
Yep, the tickets are correct: I sent (1) ticket for every day!
Yep, the tickets are correct: I sent (1) ticket for every day!
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A day later than announced, but the raffle winners have been drawn! In order, they are:

1. @xenonentity
2. @Sachqua
3. @Kothra
4. @Golden
5. @CeruleanCrow
6. @harpyja
7. @Magmish

To claim your prize, please post in this thread and list the same amount of prizes as your name on the list, in order of preference. If you don't respond in 48 hours, you will be dropped to the end of the order and sent whatever is the last remaining prize.

Raffle prizes are listed in this post.

Congrats all, and again thanks so much for playing!

@Islet @distortedgenesis @jbapple @Dessy @CrazyDragonLady1 @Deladria @catfire13 @Luaii @Nevercanth @niliq @Sushispider1212 @Violet833 @Ajgreelyfan3 @Jeevas @Magmish @IamNoHere @ZaxProxy @Niviarsiaq @Evet @Kothra @KairinRose @Golden @SatyrGatyr @mephistos @DuskAwakening @SkellieTheRedd @AngelStarling @harpyja @ArithMedic @FinalFlight @CeruleanCrow @WolfTrickster @Ultrasuede @Mythariah @Stanzascale @IamNoHere
A day later than announced, but the raffle winners have been drawn! In order, they are:

1. @xenonentity
2. @Sachqua
3. @Kothra
4. @Golden
5. @CeruleanCrow
6. @harpyja
7. @Magmish

To claim your prize, please post in this thread and list the same amount of prizes as your name on the list, in order of preference. If you don't respond in 48 hours, you will be dropped to the end of the order and sent whatever is the last remaining prize.

Raffle prizes are listed in this post.

Congrats all, and again thanks so much for playing!

Artshop * Adopts * Skins
1 2 3 4 5 6