Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ic. » WALTZ OF WHISPERERS
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26
Daphine Hellobonia

Interaction: Adnachiel

Her eyebrows quirk up at the very idea of feeding an animal, although she supposes that makes sense considering the slight greed of the flowers. Too much fertilizer, she supposes. She feels a bit bad for his hair, but she refrains from any type of fixing. Her eyes creep up to rest on his hair, however, before coming back down to firmly rest on his face.

She hums in response to his answer, switching her drink between her gloved hands. Her own magic, at it's weakest, only had suggestions to offer her, and she was stubbornly refusing to elevate it to a level that gave her concrete thoughts of others. She briefly wonders about the limitations of his power, before returning to the present.

Her faction did not have many satyrs, and those who did live there tended to be much more quieter and reserved. This satyr seemed to be a little more accustomed to the indoors, which lead her to believe he was not raised in the same wilderness environment than she was. Nevertheless, it was nice to know that there was another being of nature within the party.

"It is nice to know that there is another nature spirit at this party. And one with that my kind of magic at that. Where I am from, any sort of mind magic is considered more of a curse than a blessing. My people prefer plant magic." She waves her hand towards the flowers, doing just as her faction had instructed her. They had wanted her impress any potential allies, or anybody she met in general. The flowers grew, until they overfilled the planter. "What kind of magic resides in your kingdom?"

---
Eneth Initosh

Interaction: None

The party was not going as it was instructed to.

He had arrived a tad late, which was not the best for first impressions. After arriving fashionably late, he had proceeded to embarrass himself in front of a rather potential, powerful ally by stuffing his mouth full of food. Perhaps pity would cause the haughty man to come back to him, but Eneth doubted it, especially after the next turn of events.

His outfit, a deep red collection of battle armor and silks, was thankfully fireproof. He reflected on this fact as he set the sleeve of his dance partner on fire. It was only the sleeve, but his dance partner was very attractive and now he was glaring down at Eneth as he brushed the soot covered cloth. Considering the commotion of an actual fire, caused by yours truly, and the amount of glances he was getting (he was normally very bad at reading signals but two different people had audibly said his name and he was Very Aware of peoples eyes on him at this point in time), he decided to go to the refreshment table to cool off.
Daphine Hellobonia

Her eyebrows quirk up at the very idea of feeding an animal, although she supposes that makes sense considering the slight greed of the flowers. Too much fertilizer, she supposes. She feels a bit bad for his hair, but she refrains from any type of fixing. Her eyes creep up to rest on his hair, however, before coming back down to firmly rest on his face.

She hums in response to his answer, switching her drink between her gloved hands. Her own magic, at it's weakest, only had suggestions to offer her, and she was stubbornly refusing to elevate it to a level that gave her concrete thoughts of others. She briefly wonders about the limitations of his power, before returning to the present.

Her faction did not have many satyrs, and those who did live there tended to be much more quieter and reserved. This satyr seemed to be a little more accustomed to the indoors, which lead her to believe he was not raised in the same wilderness environment than she was. Nevertheless, it was nice to know that there was another being of nature within the party.

"It is nice to know that there is another nature spirit at this party. And one with that my kind of magic at that. Where I am from, any sort of mind magic is considered more of a curse than a blessing. My people prefer plant magic." She waves her hand towards the flowers, doing just as her faction had instructed her. They had wanted her impress any potential allies, or anybody she met in general. The flowers grew, until they overfilled the planter. "What kind of magic resides in your kingdom?"

---
Eneth Initosh

Interaction: None

The party was not going as it was instructed to.

He had arrived a tad late, which was not the best for first impressions. After arriving fashionably late, he had proceeded to embarrass himself in front of a rather potential, powerful ally by stuffing his mouth full of food. Perhaps pity would cause the haughty man to come back to him, but Eneth doubted it, especially after the next turn of events.

His outfit, a deep red collection of battle armor and silks, was thankfully fireproof. He reflected on this fact as he set the sleeve of his dance partner on fire. It was only the sleeve, but his dance partner was very attractive and now he was glaring down at Eneth as he brushed the soot covered cloth. Considering the commotion of an actual fire, caused by yours truly, and the amount of glances he was getting (he was normally very bad at reading signals but two different people had audibly said his name and he was Very Aware of peoples eyes on him at this point in time), he decided to go to the refreshment table to cool off.
she/her pronouns, call me eyes or lanni DVynlKm.png simply a girl in one hell of a world
Volaris
Ballroom
Interactions: Bang (@Acetheaxolotl) | Mentions Eneth

“Among other things…” Volaris hummed slightly. “Still–”

Her watch of the ballroom shifted, gaze settling on a red-clad dancer just as a small fire flickered to life. A small snort escaped her at the sight, before lifting her glass to take a long drink while the man fled the now displeased crowd. No, it didn’t look like this was going to be nearly as lively as celebrations back home.

She hadn’t forgotten the little bird though, the end of her tail flicking as her glass dipped again. “The Clawwings,”-- So she’d been right about that– “...What is it you get up to nowadays?”

Volaris
Ballroom
Interactions: Bang (@Acetheaxolotl) | Mentions Eneth

“Among other things…” Volaris hummed slightly. “Still–”

Her watch of the ballroom shifted, gaze settling on a red-clad dancer just as a small fire flickered to life. A small snort escaped her at the sight, before lifting her glass to take a long drink while the man fled the now displeased crowd. No, it didn’t look like this was going to be nearly as lively as celebrations back home.

She hadn’t forgotten the little bird though, the end of her tail flicking as her glass dipped again. “The Clawwings,”-- So she’d been right about that– “...What is it you get up to nowadays?”

sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
(Interacting with: Eneth)

“Excuse me. You, guard.”

Arcas’ attention was finally shifted from the chattering half-elf by what seemed to be an actual problem. The man that spoke was walking up to them. Self-assured steps and brows drawn low, it appeared he had something very important to say.

“A young man burnt my clothes and now he’s going to the refreshments. A fire mage that is very adept at the fire part.” The man sniffed, gesturing to his sleeve, “Do something and get him out of here and away from the alcohol. I don’t want the whole place to be converted to smithereens. I’ll lead you to him so that I can see to it you do your job.”

The man turned and Leona smirked at Arcas’ unchanging expression, sidling up to the unnamed man to converse. Arcas silently sighed once she turned away, following suit as they crossed into the interior once again.

“How appalling, that is such fine fabric.” Leona tutted, pinching at the ruined sleeve, “How amateur.”

Arcas rolled his eyes at that, walking ahead when the man turned to point out the ‘perpetrator’. He cleared his throat after a quick observation, noting that, while the burns scars, outfit and height of the man would make him appear threatening, he didn’t seem to be very menacing otherwise. Though it probably helped that Arcas wasn't easily threatened.

“Are you the fire mage? I need to ask you some questions.” Following protocol may not be what the supposed victim wanted but Arcas wasn’t going to toss out some random guy without enough reason.

“Excuse me. You, guard.”

Arcas’ attention was finally shifted from the chattering half-elf by what seemed to be an actual problem. The man that spoke was walking up to them. Self-assured steps and brows drawn low, it appeared he had something very important to say.

“A young man burnt my clothes and now he’s going to the refreshments. A fire mage that is very adept at the fire part.” The man sniffed, gesturing to his sleeve, “Do something and get him out of here and away from the alcohol. I don’t want the whole place to be converted to smithereens. I’ll lead you to him so that I can see to it you do your job.”

The man turned and Leona smirked at Arcas’ unchanging expression, sidling up to the unnamed man to converse. Arcas silently sighed once she turned away, following suit as they crossed into the interior once again.

“How appalling, that is such fine fabric.” Leona tutted, pinching at the ruined sleeve, “How amateur.”

Arcas rolled his eyes at that, walking ahead when the man turned to point out the ‘perpetrator’. He cleared his throat after a quick observation, noting that, while the burns scars, outfit and height of the man would make him appear threatening, he didn’t seem to be very menacing otherwise. Though it probably helped that Arcas wasn't easily threatened.

“Are you the fire mage? I need to ask you some questions.” Following protocol may not be what the supposed victim wanted but Arcas wasn’t going to toss out some random guy without enough reason.
............................ ..

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o1_75sq.png
Art | Wishlist | Avatar | Auction (30+)
...Blue | Any pronouns | FR time +8

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o2_75sq.png
@SuddenShimmer

"Oh, we mostly make and sell weapons and armour to other kingdoms." Bang again flutters his wings in pride. "Im the head blacksmith"
@SuddenShimmer

"Oh, we mostly make and sell weapons and armour to other kingdoms." Bang again flutters his wings in pride. "Im the head blacksmith"
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
Audbjorn | Ballroom | Mentions: Eneth, Arcas
Audbjorn lazily watched the crowd as he and Aimer attempted to sample a bit of everything from the tables of food and drink. Such fine food and a show to go along with it, this was certainly a luxury he could get used to. He was much more accustomed to dried meats or overcooked hare snacked on while stumbling over roots.
A flash of orange glimmered off the adornments of a few partygoers and Audbjorn's half-blind gaze was brought to a man in armor. Armor! A rare dash of dented metal in a sea of fine silks. He wondered what reasoning this individual had to bare such garb. Perhaps as a show of their faction, similar to the hunter's own clothing. Protection against weapons or teeth- he must ask them about it.
Before he could so much as think about navigating the crowd a guard approached the only interesting person under this roof. If this was anything like what he experienced with the front guards and Aimer he could lose his future conversation partner.
Audbjorn stepped to another spot by the table so he could better see the guard. If he saw things turning south maybe he could lend a hand.
Audbjorn | Ballroom | Mentions: Eneth, Arcas
Audbjorn lazily watched the crowd as he and Aimer attempted to sample a bit of everything from the tables of food and drink. Such fine food and a show to go along with it, this was certainly a luxury he could get used to. He was much more accustomed to dried meats or overcooked hare snacked on while stumbling over roots.
A flash of orange glimmered off the adornments of a few partygoers and Audbjorn's half-blind gaze was brought to a man in armor. Armor! A rare dash of dented metal in a sea of fine silks. He wondered what reasoning this individual had to bare such garb. Perhaps as a show of their faction, similar to the hunter's own clothing. Protection against weapons or teeth- he must ask them about it.
Before he could so much as think about navigating the crowd a guard approached the only interesting person under this roof. If this was anything like what he experienced with the front guards and Aimer he could lose his future conversation partner.
Audbjorn stepped to another spot by the table so he could better see the guard. If he saw things turning south maybe he could lend a hand.
1bGY4da.gif
G6dp9TC.gifX7lZdvM.gifRiz8QCR.gifTgsXEGE.pngUcGmwnI.pngYqQahg2.png
Adnachiel—Interacting with Daphine
It seems that Adnachiel guessed correctly then. He’d looked over a list of important figures and factions before arriving—unfortunately not comprehensive—which seemed to have listed the Araujia as druids and the like. It’s not a people he’s familiar with beyond that, but they seem… amiable; accepting towards offers of alliance.

Though he may not be the best choice for an ambassador, given Daphine’s explanantion. “I can understand your people’s hesistance towards mental magics,” he says, having been taught to treat his own with cautious respect. “It’s better unused than used carelessly. There’s tragedies written about fate, after all.”

With the other’s question, the prince tucks the note away for a later date and lets his mind wander back to his own homeland, face turning towards the sky. “My people typically don’t have magic aside from some extra sturdiness, heat resistance, and environmental sensitivity. Sometimes, though, we’re born or given a little extra.”

“I’m part of the former. It’s rare, but the latter is even rarer still. To earn magic, one must win the favor of a djinn—fickle desert spirits that are famous for tricking travelers. If someone succeeds, well, we write them into the storybooks and call them heroes at that point”

The satyr’s eyes are sparkling with something prideful by the time he finishes, glittering like the stars hanging above them. He gives a quiet laugh and asks, “And what of you? I’m sure your nation must have some very powerful spellcasters.”

He tips his head towards the side, eyes finally returning to his conversational partner to add, “From my impression, I wouldn’t be surprised if you ranked among them.”
Adnachiel—Interacting with Daphine
It seems that Adnachiel guessed correctly then. He’d looked over a list of important figures and factions before arriving—unfortunately not comprehensive—which seemed to have listed the Araujia as druids and the like. It’s not a people he’s familiar with beyond that, but they seem… amiable; accepting towards offers of alliance.

Though he may not be the best choice for an ambassador, given Daphine’s explanantion. “I can understand your people’s hesistance towards mental magics,” he says, having been taught to treat his own with cautious respect. “It’s better unused than used carelessly. There’s tragedies written about fate, after all.”

With the other’s question, the prince tucks the note away for a later date and lets his mind wander back to his own homeland, face turning towards the sky. “My people typically don’t have magic aside from some extra sturdiness, heat resistance, and environmental sensitivity. Sometimes, though, we’re born or given a little extra.”

“I’m part of the former. It’s rare, but the latter is even rarer still. To earn magic, one must win the favor of a djinn—fickle desert spirits that are famous for tricking travelers. If someone succeeds, well, we write them into the storybooks and call them heroes at that point”

The satyr’s eyes are sparkling with something prideful by the time he finishes, glittering like the stars hanging above them. He gives a quiet laugh and asks, “And what of you? I’m sure your nation must have some very powerful spellcasters.”

He tips his head towards the side, eyes finally returning to his conversational partner to add, “From my impression, I wouldn’t be surprised if you ranked among them.”
Eneth Initosh

Interaction: Arcas

Eneth was going to be yelled at, he was sure of it. He was going to be sent back, yelled at some more, and banned from exiting his room for the next several weeks. There was also the worry of not being allowed to continue his schooling, but he wasn't too worried. His friends had told him that they had sent him here to have a couple days without an accident (Eneth suspected they were showing the city to some foreign country, and they needed him out of the way). Besides, he was 90% sure that there was another person from Xiljor doing a much better job than him. Everything would be fine.

At least, that's what he would have thought if a guard hadn't approached him, hadn't asked him about being a fire mage, and wasn't a solid two inches taller than him.

He fiddled with one of the many rings adorning his fingers, and a nervous smile made it's way onto his face. "That... would be me, yes I'm the fire mage," he felt his face getting hot with embarrassment, which meant his eyes would soon be going glowy, which was never a good sign (mainly because emotions equaled fire). The words spilled out of his mouth before could stop them and he prayed that the guard had a bit of a heart (he seemed friendly?) "It was a complete accident, I can assure you. I can probably pay him back if he wants! I didn't mean to walk away."

He used his hands to speak, and accidently made eye contact with his ex-dance partner, who looked extremely displeased that there was even an idea of talking with him before kicking him out. This feels... exactly like being scolded by my teachers. It's terrible all over again.

---

Daphine Hellobonia

She hums softly, remembering the hatred towards her powers for a long time. She was a tree nymph, she was supposed to attract plants, not futures or thoughts. It took a long time for even her to grow comfortable with them, and even now it was strange to use them for long periods of time. A tragedy of a nymph and her people scared of power, she supposes.

She vaguely recalls learning of his home, a desert area near a beach. The satyr is proud of his powers, she realizes. She was born with her powers as well, and she had gained some as of recent. Daphine was holding the magic from her quest close to her chest, as only her mothers knew. The rest of her powers, however, were common knowledge. Heroes.., she mused. She was considered one of those, back in her faction, at least.

"We mainly have those who can control plants, manipulate the nature around them, and are more connected to the land than most other fellow beings. I am something of an abnormality among them. Future sight, mind reading, forcefields... those are not common. They were not appreciated much for a long time. It took saving my faction from a famine for them to finally accept it." Her mouth quirks up as she recalls the events, but she refrains calling herself any title that is remotely similar to hero. The satyr may not consider her actions to be hero-worthy.

"We have faes that live within the forest as well, although they are much more rare, and much more powerful." She takes a sip of her drink, savoring the taste. "Do not worry about the mindreading. It is a conscious choice for me, and not one I am making correctly. It would be unwise with the amount of people here. It would hurt my head."

She smirks completely now, twirling the glass in your hand. "I suppose your powers lend themselves towards crowds much better than my own. The winter woodland is quiet. You seem much more accustomed to these large parties than I ever will be."

((@biao thought it was a good idea to ping since i edited this to include daphine as well as eneth :) ))
Eneth Initosh

Eneth was going to be yelled at, he was sure of it. He was going to be sent back, yelled at some more, and banned from exiting his room for the next several weeks. There was also the worry of not being allowed to continue his schooling, but he wasn't too worried. His friends had told him that they had sent him here to have a couple days without an accident (Eneth suspected they were showing the city to some foreign country, and they needed him out of the way). Besides, he was 90% sure that there was another person from Xiljor doing a much better job than him. Everything would be fine.

At least, that's what he would have thought if a guard hadn't approached him, hadn't asked him about being a fire mage, and wasn't a solid two inches taller than him.

He fiddled with one of the many rings adorning his fingers, and a nervous smile made it's way onto his face. "That... would be me, yes I'm the fire mage," he felt his face getting hot with embarrassment, which meant his eyes would soon be going glowy, which was never a good sign (mainly because emotions equaled fire). The words spilled out of his mouth before could stop them and he prayed that the guard had a bit of a heart (he seemed friendly?) "It was a complete accident, I can assure you. I can probably pay him back if he wants! I didn't mean to walk away."

He used his hands to speak, and accidently made eye contact with his ex-dance partner, who looked extremely displeased that there was even an idea of talking with him before kicking him out. This feels... exactly like being scolded by my teachers. It's terrible all over again.

---

Daphine Hellobonia

She hums softly, remembering the hatred towards her powers for a long time. She was a tree nymph, she was supposed to attract plants, not futures or thoughts. It took a long time for even her to grow comfortable with them, and even now it was strange to use them for long periods of time. A tragedy of a nymph and her people scared of power, she supposes.

She vaguely recalls learning of his home, a desert area near a beach. The satyr is proud of his powers, she realizes. She was born with her powers as well, and she had gained some as of recent. Daphine was holding the magic from her quest close to her chest, as only her mothers knew. The rest of her powers, however, were common knowledge. Heroes.., she mused. She was considered one of those, back in her faction, at least.

"We mainly have those who can control plants, manipulate the nature around them, and are more connected to the land than most other fellow beings. I am something of an abnormality among them. Future sight, mind reading, forcefields... those are not common. They were not appreciated much for a long time. It took saving my faction from a famine for them to finally accept it." Her mouth quirks up as she recalls the events, but she refrains calling herself any title that is remotely similar to hero. The satyr may not consider her actions to be hero-worthy.

"We have faes that live within the forest as well, although they are much more rare, and much more powerful." She takes a sip of her drink, savoring the taste. "Do not worry about the mindreading. It is a conscious choice for me, and not one I am making correctly. It would be unwise with the amount of people here. It would hurt my head."

She smirks completely now, twirling the glass in your hand. "I suppose your powers lend themselves towards crowds much better than my own. The winter woodland is quiet. You seem much more accustomed to these large parties than I ever will be."

((@biao thought it was a good idea to ping since i edited this to include daphine as well as eneth :) ))
she/her pronouns, call me eyes or lanni DVynlKm.png simply a girl in one hell of a world

As soon as the worried ramblings began, Arcas raised his hands peacefully, trying to reassure him. He may not have fire magic but he did know emotions played a big part in elemental type magic.

“There is no need to worry, you’re not in trouble. You will have to discuss payments with him after this though.” Arcas tilted his head in the general direction of the frowning man, keeping his eyes on the mage’s hands. He didn’t want him accidentally setting something on fire when he was upset. “Right now I need to make sure you can keep your magic in control and take precautions to keep something like this from happening again. We need to prioritise safety.”

Leona rolled her eyes behind him. This was turning out to be more boring than she imagined. She had been hoping for less negotiations. But then, if the fire mage didn’t get kicked out… Then maybe something ‘interesting’ could happen.

As soon as the worried ramblings began, Arcas raised his hands peacefully, trying to reassure him. He may not have fire magic but he did know emotions played a big part in elemental type magic.

“There is no need to worry, you’re not in trouble. You will have to discuss payments with him after this though.” Arcas tilted his head in the general direction of the frowning man, keeping his eyes on the mage’s hands. He didn’t want him accidentally setting something on fire when he was upset. “Right now I need to make sure you can keep your magic in control and take precautions to keep something like this from happening again. We need to prioritise safety.”

Leona rolled her eyes behind him. This was turning out to be more boring than she imagined. She had been hoping for less negotiations. But then, if the fire mage didn’t get kicked out… Then maybe something ‘interesting’ could happen.
............................ ..

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o1_75sq.png
Art | Wishlist | Avatar | Auction (30+)
...Blue | Any pronouns | FR time +8

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o2_75sq.png
Eneth Initosh

Eneth nodded, his smile growing a little less nervous. Paying the man wasn't something he was worried about, considering his position within the school. The magic part.... well he wasn't sure if he could 100% control his powers, but he could try pretty damn hard if he needed to.

"Oh yeah, powers are definitely under control, sir. Just a little mess up, no big deal. I'm from Xiljor, we're trained to put out fires if they ever start... or if we cause them. Safety is... assured, sir."

Eneth's eyes felt less glowy, which was good, and his face was a lot less warm than it had been before. He had been trying to not to look at his disgruntled ex-dance partner, but now he looked the man in the eyes and said, "I'll discuss a payment with you later". Which seemed to please him for the time being. Honestly, the strangest thing about the encounter was the half-elf hovering behind the guard, who seemed slightly bored.
Eneth Initosh

Eneth nodded, his smile growing a little less nervous. Paying the man wasn't something he was worried about, considering his position within the school. The magic part.... well he wasn't sure if he could 100% control his powers, but he could try pretty damn hard if he needed to.

"Oh yeah, powers are definitely under control, sir. Just a little mess up, no big deal. I'm from Xiljor, we're trained to put out fires if they ever start... or if we cause them. Safety is... assured, sir."

Eneth's eyes felt less glowy, which was good, and his face was a lot less warm than it had been before. He had been trying to not to look at his disgruntled ex-dance partner, but now he looked the man in the eyes and said, "I'll discuss a payment with you later". Which seemed to please him for the time being. Honestly, the strangest thing about the encounter was the half-elf hovering behind the guard, who seemed slightly bored.
Devin
(Hiding) In the gardens
Interactions: N/A

Dev was... anxious. He didn't like it here in the massive palace with WAAAAAY too many people. He felt exposed. He liked it more in his workroom or his bedroom, hey even the greenhouse at Edum is preferable. He liked just spending the day with what he loved to do. Nice and safe indoors....... There is probably a bird in an open cage metaphor in there. But really! He did like the indoors better, it just felt right to him in a strange way.

Dev shook his head of his meddling thoughts and opted to look for the perfect spot to sit down in. He wanted a nice spot of green fluffy-looking grass or one of those cushioned benches. He wouldn't be to picky about it.
Devin
(Hiding) In the gardens
Interactions: N/A

Dev was... anxious. He didn't like it here in the massive palace with WAAAAAY too many people. He felt exposed. He liked it more in his workroom or his bedroom, hey even the greenhouse at Edum is preferable. He liked just spending the day with what he loved to do. Nice and safe indoors....... There is probably a bird in an open cage metaphor in there. But really! He did like the indoors better, it just felt right to him in a strange way.

Dev shook his head of his meddling thoughts and opted to look for the perfect spot to sit down in. He wanted a nice spot of green fluffy-looking grass or one of those cushioned benches. He wouldn't be to picky about it.
.--- ..- ... - / - .... .. -. -.- / .- -... --- ..- - / - .... . / ..-. .- -.-. - / - .... .- - / .. -. / ... --- -- . / --- - .... . .-. / - .. -- . .-.. .. -. . / --- ..-. / --- ..- .-. / ..- -. .. ...- . .-. ... . / --- ..- .-. / .- .-.. .--. .... .- -... . - / .. ... / .- .-. .-. .- -. --. . -.. / -.-. --- -- .--. .-.. . - . .-.. -.-- / -.. .. ..-. ..-. . .-. . -. - .-.. -.--

I am bored enough to stare into a wall rn
3+ to FR time
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26