Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ic. » WALTZ OF WHISPERERS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26
Esra

"Oh how awful, I can imagine how tiring that must be. Excuse my bold headed opinion here, but I truly believe that by carriage is no way to travel.." he shakes his head dramatically, as if truly recounting carriage horror trips that he has very much never been on, suddenly he stays still, his entire demeanour changing from pleasant conversation to barely contained excitement.
"Now by ship, that's something completely different" He says breathlessly, almost in a hushed tone, as if divulging a secret. Something in Esra's eyes glint as he mentions ships, unable to stop his lips from snaking into a grin.

(@LilRosebud)
Esra

"Oh how awful, I can imagine how tiring that must be. Excuse my bold headed opinion here, but I truly believe that by carriage is no way to travel.." he shakes his head dramatically, as if truly recounting carriage horror trips that he has very much never been on, suddenly he stays still, his entire demeanour changing from pleasant conversation to barely contained excitement.
"Now by ship, that's something completely different" He says breathlessly, almost in a hushed tone, as if divulging a secret. Something in Esra's eyes glint as he mentions ships, unable to stop his lips from snaking into a grin.

(@LilRosebud)
Adnachiel—Interacting with Daphine
Adnachiel dips his head in a half bow with the end of the waltz, sending umber cloth gilt with gold edges rippling across smooth skin and silky fur. It’s a shame that second dances are barred given the burden of expectations; this is a partner that the satyr wouldn’t mind indulging with. As it is, the prince allows himself to be guided towards another group of polite company, dark eyes skimming over the assortment. It’s lucky that he doesn’t make eye contact with any, because he has to suppress a shiver at a sudden burst of insight, of awareness, that redirects his eyes towards the gardens.

With the promise of something interesting waiting outside, Adnachiel excuses himself and slips away. If he happens to catch the scent of one of his favored wines while he walks and slides a glass from a server’s tray, then it’s no one’s business but his own.

The satyr steps outside and lets his instincts guide his hooves, one hand giving the glass a practiced spin while the other sweeps an errant bang back into his elaborate hairdo, long hair braided and gathered in bejeweled hairpins.

Adnachiel lets the hand fall, and a woman clothed in an elegant black dress and a silver headpiece comes into view. He gives a slight raise of his drink in greeting and—

—and balks, because there’s a sparrow diving at his hair, causing Adnachiel to shield his head with a quiet, “Eep!”

(No need to ping me either!)
Adnachiel—Interacting with Daphine
Adnachiel dips his head in a half bow with the end of the waltz, sending umber cloth gilt with gold edges rippling across smooth skin and silky fur. It’s a shame that second dances are barred given the burden of expectations; this is a partner that the satyr wouldn’t mind indulging with. As it is, the prince allows himself to be guided towards another group of polite company, dark eyes skimming over the assortment. It’s lucky that he doesn’t make eye contact with any, because he has to suppress a shiver at a sudden burst of insight, of awareness, that redirects his eyes towards the gardens.

With the promise of something interesting waiting outside, Adnachiel excuses himself and slips away. If he happens to catch the scent of one of his favored wines while he walks and slides a glass from a server’s tray, then it’s no one’s business but his own.

The satyr steps outside and lets his instincts guide his hooves, one hand giving the glass a practiced spin while the other sweeps an errant bang back into his elaborate hairdo, long hair braided and gathered in bejeweled hairpins.

Adnachiel lets the hand fall, and a woman clothed in an elegant black dress and a silver headpiece comes into view. He gives a slight raise of his drink in greeting and—

—and balks, because there’s a sparrow diving at his hair, causing Adnachiel to shield his head with a quiet, “Eep!”

(No need to ping me either!)
Daphine Hellobonia

Interaction: Adnachiel

Daphine watched as the satyr approached, and then stood up sharply as a sparrow began to dive at his head. She quickly strode forward, her glass still in hand, and waved her other hand at the bird, shooing it away. It pecked her wrist before darting away, chirping some sort of victory tune that Daphine was too tired to even try to interpret. She turned toward the satyr, taking in his fine jewelry and elaborately done hair. For a split second she felt rather small and underdressed before shaking that feeling away.

"The fauna and flora here is very different from the ones in my home. A tad more aggressive and...loud." Her eyes drift towards the sky where the bird disappeared as she swirls her drink, then land square back on the satyr. "I am from the Araujia Faction, far up north, so it is much, much quieter. My name is Daphine Hellobonia"

She extends her hand forward in an indication of a handshake. Her ears tilt forward, her curiosity getting the better of her. Not many would have approached her when she was out in the garden, so this person intrigued her. He felt similar, and she sensed some sort of magic from him. She stubbornly refused to open her third eye, instead dancing on the idea of a potential magic user besides herself.

"Can you.... sense people such as myself?"
Daphine Hellobonia

Interaction: Adnachiel

Daphine watched as the satyr approached, and then stood up sharply as a sparrow began to dive at his head. She quickly strode forward, her glass still in hand, and waved her other hand at the bird, shooing it away. It pecked her wrist before darting away, chirping some sort of victory tune that Daphine was too tired to even try to interpret. She turned toward the satyr, taking in his fine jewelry and elaborately done hair. For a split second she felt rather small and underdressed before shaking that feeling away.

"The fauna and flora here is very different from the ones in my home. A tad more aggressive and...loud." Her eyes drift towards the sky where the bird disappeared as she swirls her drink, then land square back on the satyr. "I am from the Araujia Faction, far up north, so it is much, much quieter. My name is Daphine Hellobonia"

She extends her hand forward in an indication of a handshake. Her ears tilt forward, her curiosity getting the better of her. Not many would have approached her when she was out in the garden, so this person intrigued her. He felt similar, and she sensed some sort of magic from him. She stubbornly refused to open her third eye, instead dancing on the idea of a potential magic user besides herself.

"Can you.... sense people such as myself?"
she/her pronouns, call me eyes or lanni DVynlKm.png simply a girl in one hell of a world
Alexander
Interactions: Esra
On a sofa

"Oh~ do tell." Alexander smiles, curiosity written on his face. He hasn't been on many ships that were memorable. He's traveled on ferries before but the stories he hears sailors tell are always a blast. He loved the smile Esra displayed when he thought or apparently spoke about ships. Something about people sharing their passions is always fantastic.

He also appreciated how relaxed Esra was, regardless of his status. Most nobles (including him) have to keep up a face in order to prevent others from finding weaknesses that can be used to their advantage. He also hated how fake some people could be, just playing nice for the camera but inside hating your guts. He prefers it if people would just outright say it. I mean, whats the point in hiding it?

(@Wiem)
Alexander
On a sofa

"Oh~ do tell." Alexander smiles, curiosity written on his face. He hasn't been on many ships that were memorable. He's traveled on ferries before but the stories he hears sailors tell are always a blast. He loved the smile Esra displayed when he thought or apparently spoke about ships. Something about people sharing their passions is always fantastic.

He also appreciated how relaxed Esra was, regardless of his status. Most nobles (including him) have to keep up a face in order to prevent others from finding weaknesses that can be used to their advantage. He also hated how fake some people could be, just playing nice for the camera but inside hating your guts. He prefers it if people would just outright say it. I mean, whats the point in hiding it?

(@Wiem)
.--- ..- ... - / - .... .. -. -.- / .- -... --- ..- - / - .... . / ..-. .- -.-. - / - .... .- - / .. -. / ... --- -- . / --- - .... . .-. / - .. -- . .-.. .. -. . / --- ..-. / --- ..- .-. / ..- -. .. ...- . .-. ... . / --- ..- .-. / .- .-.. .--. .... .- -... . - / .. ... / .- .-. .-. .- -. --. . -.. / -.-. --- -- .--. .-.. . - . .-.. -.-- / -.. .. ..-. ..-. . .-. . -. - .-.. -.--

I am bored enough to stare into a wall rn
3+ to FR time
Esra

“Well, I don’t even know where to start! How many voyages have you been on, may I ask? I have to say, nights out on the sea are really something special. No other lights, no land, even the sea falls silent. It’s just you and a concert of stars, more than you could ever imagine! Or when the sea becomes rough, like an overeager lover-“ he laughs “I can’t help but be amazed by it even when it’s trying to get me!”
(@LilRosebud)
Esra

“Well, I don’t even know where to start! How many voyages have you been on, may I ask? I have to say, nights out on the sea are really something special. No other lights, no land, even the sea falls silent. It’s just you and a concert of stars, more than you could ever imagine! Or when the sea becomes rough, like an overeager lover-“ he laughs “I can’t help but be amazed by it even when it’s trying to get me!”
(@LilRosebud)
Alexander
On a sofa

"Voyages? I haven't been on any." He chuckles. "In my position, although I also deal with shipments, I always seem to be more inland. I've heard plenty about the adventures people have gone on, and I have seen the sea before. Just can't enjoy the many things I've heard about, seeing as I can't really be in the sun."
Alexander imagined the possible fun it could be but to him, there were also many concerns to be had.
(@Wiem)
Alexander
On a sofa

"Voyages? I haven't been on any." He chuckles. "In my position, although I also deal with shipments, I always seem to be more inland. I've heard plenty about the adventures people have gone on, and I have seen the sea before. Just can't enjoy the many things I've heard about, seeing as I can't really be in the sun."
Alexander imagined the possible fun it could be but to him, there were also many concerns to be had.
(@Wiem)
.--- ..- ... - / - .... .. -. -.- / .- -... --- ..- - / - .... . / ..-. .- -.-. - / - .... .- - / .. -. / ... --- -- . / --- - .... . .-. / - .. -- . .-.. .. -. . / --- ..-. / --- ..- .-. / ..- -. .. ...- . .-. ... . / --- ..- .-. / .- .-.. .--. .... .- -... . - / .. ... / .- .-. .-. .- -. --. . -.. / -.-. --- -- .--. .-.. . - . .-.. -.-- / -.. .. ..-. ..-. . .-. . -. - .-.. -.--

I am bored enough to stare into a wall rn
3+ to FR time

Perel,
in the gardens, with nobody

The earlier hours of twilight had been spent shirking the attentions—glances, gazes, glares; adoring, glowering, despairing— of the other equally decadent strangers in the room. He'd taken a filled flute of champagne from the pyramid, brought it to his lips—didn't imbibe— and made himself busy with it, floating him through mindless conversation and obtunding routines of display. It was not yet Veltza, and as such he had no duty to bore himself with the anesthetic prating of the other guests. In fact, the most meaningful moments of the night thus far had been but sidelong glances at the more interesting people in the room as he clung onto the arms and backs of various faceless partners; some men, some women, but all equally deprived of attention aside from occasional looks and physical affirmations. There was the woman whose smile ate the evidently harmless words that came from it, twisted them into something dangerous, beautiful; and then the prince who thought he and his beast ruled the world, or at the very least this party; the childish parrot-jay.

Ah yes, and there he was, too. A star in a sea of them. He glowed. Perhaps the worst of them all. Savoring this thought, a corner of his lips perked up and he stepped outside. This body wasn't used to the world above, and the change in temperature sent blooms of goosebumps across his shoulders and uncovered back. The meticulously-groomed gardens were the perfect place to listen in on conversations, figure out connections... and for all he was worth, he was at least a good listener.

Perel,
in the gardens, with nobody

The earlier hours of twilight had been spent shirking the attentions—glances, gazes, glares; adoring, glowering, despairing— of the other equally decadent strangers in the room. He'd taken a filled flute of champagne from the pyramid, brought it to his lips—didn't imbibe— and made himself busy with it, floating him through mindless conversation and obtunding routines of display. It was not yet Veltza, and as such he had no duty to bore himself with the anesthetic prating of the other guests. In fact, the most meaningful moments of the night thus far had been but sidelong glances at the more interesting people in the room as he clung onto the arms and backs of various faceless partners; some men, some women, but all equally deprived of attention aside from occasional looks and physical affirmations. There was the woman whose smile ate the evidently harmless words that came from it, twisted them into something dangerous, beautiful; and then the prince who thought he and his beast ruled the world, or at the very least this party; the childish parrot-jay.

Ah yes, and there he was, too. A star in a sea of them. He glowed. Perhaps the worst of them all. Savoring this thought, a corner of his lips perked up and he stepped outside. This body wasn't used to the world above, and the change in temperature sent blooms of goosebumps across his shoulders and uncovered back. The meticulously-groomed gardens were the perfect place to listen in on conversations, figure out connections... and for all he was worth, he was at least a good listener.

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

Volaris
Ballroom
Interactions: Bang (@Acetheaxolotl)

Volaris’ rings clicked against the glass, adjusting her hold on it as the avian’s apparent excitement slipped into their actions. A slight rumble escaped her, and though the sound may not have been friendly per-se it didn’t exactly hold aggression.

“Yes, some of us. I don’t imagine I’d be especially welcome here if I couldn’t.” Not that a lot of places really wanted the attention of any dragon, let alone one of her degree. Then again, she didn’t feel especially welcomed even when she could. Like from the man adjacent that came in behind her, who’s gaze she could practically feel piercing into her and Bang, apparently none too pleased to see the two factions with an iron grip on the mountains consorting. Soon as her eyes caught him looking though, there was a quick turn and shuffle through the crowd… no doubt to go tell someone else what had been seen.
Volaris
Ballroom
Interactions: Bang (@Acetheaxolotl)

Volaris’ rings clicked against the glass, adjusting her hold on it as the avian’s apparent excitement slipped into their actions. A slight rumble escaped her, and though the sound may not have been friendly per-se it didn’t exactly hold aggression.

“Yes, some of us. I don’t imagine I’d be especially welcome here if I couldn’t.” Not that a lot of places really wanted the attention of any dragon, let alone one of her degree. Then again, she didn’t feel especially welcomed even when she could. Like from the man adjacent that came in behind her, who’s gaze she could practically feel piercing into her and Bang, apparently none too pleased to see the two factions with an iron grip on the mountains consorting. Soon as her eyes caught him looking though, there was a quick turn and shuffle through the crowd… no doubt to go tell someone else what had been seen.
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
"Aye, that makes sense. Some people think y'all are monsters, but us ClawWings? Well, there is a dragon who visits us sometimes and he's the nicest person i think ive ever met. And you are very cool so far too!" Bang chirps. The voice in his head again chides him but again he ignores it. He WILL have a decent time here dammit, anxieties be damned.

@SuddenShimmer
"Aye, that makes sense. Some people think y'all are monsters, but us ClawWings? Well, there is a dragon who visits us sometimes and he's the nicest person i think ive ever met. And you are very cool so far too!" Bang chirps. The voice in his head again chides him but again he ignores it. He WILL have a decent time here dammit, anxieties be damned.

@SuddenShimmer
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
Adnachiel—Gardens, Interacting with Daphine
The indignant mother bird is warded off with the help of a passerby, leaving Adnachiel to straighten with a grateful smile even as he feels the weight in his hair dip downward, dangerously skewed towards one side. One of his hands flutters before the satyr decides that he’ll fix it later, knowing from experience that trying to do so himself will only make it worse.

For now, he says, “I’m sure that both the noise and aggression because they’re accustomed to being fed,” slipping into the strange blend of casual conversation and formal diction that he favors. “I suppose I was too close to its nest though.”

Dark eyes flicker up to meet Daphine’s own at her introduction, and the prince says, “I am Adnachiel Kashif of the Miram Empire, and I’m thankful for your help.” He returns the handshake, letting the intersections of their thumbs and index fingers meet before clasping firmly like he’s been taught.

Her question catches him off-guard—Adnachiel’s clairvoyance usually marks people of interest and therefore power, but he’s yet to meet another whose magic reciprocates—but he responds honestly if a bit confusedly. “The magically-inclined? I can, but it’s often through hunches rather than anything more concrete.”

If Adnachiel is entirely honest, it’s based on opportunity more than anything, but that’s hardly something he can admit to without sounding particularly fawning. Without any offense to his forest-dwelling brethren, he’s part camel—not part deer.

To make up for it, he adds, “This time felt a bit familiar. Perhaps it’s because we’re both nature spirits, of a sort.”
Adnachiel—Gardens, Interacting with Daphine
The indignant mother bird is warded off with the help of a passerby, leaving Adnachiel to straighten with a grateful smile even as he feels the weight in his hair dip downward, dangerously skewed towards one side. One of his hands flutters before the satyr decides that he’ll fix it later, knowing from experience that trying to do so himself will only make it worse.

For now, he says, “I’m sure that both the noise and aggression because they’re accustomed to being fed,” slipping into the strange blend of casual conversation and formal diction that he favors. “I suppose I was too close to its nest though.”

Dark eyes flicker up to meet Daphine’s own at her introduction, and the prince says, “I am Adnachiel Kashif of the Miram Empire, and I’m thankful for your help.” He returns the handshake, letting the intersections of their thumbs and index fingers meet before clasping firmly like he’s been taught.

Her question catches him off-guard—Adnachiel’s clairvoyance usually marks people of interest and therefore power, but he’s yet to meet another whose magic reciprocates—but he responds honestly if a bit confusedly. “The magically-inclined? I can, but it’s often through hunches rather than anything more concrete.”

If Adnachiel is entirely honest, it’s based on opportunity more than anything, but that’s hardly something he can admit to without sounding particularly fawning. Without any offense to his forest-dwelling brethren, he’s part camel—not part deer.

To make up for it, he adds, “This time felt a bit familiar. Perhaps it’s because we’re both nature spirits, of a sort.”
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26