Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is it better to open a new shop?
What do you think is better? When someone opens a new shop in the forums, or relaunches and old shop with new art?
What do you think is better? When someone opens a new shop in the forums, or relaunches and old shop with new art?
I'm all for reusing shops and threads if it's for the same thing. Especially if you're just revamping graphics or reorganizing. You never know who has your shop bookmarked or is subscribed to it. Plus, some people pay attention to post amounts to see if someone is well liked or trustworthy/reliable. You may miss out on possible sales by just launching a new one.

But if it's for something entirely different, I'd make a new one.
I'm all for reusing shops and threads if it's for the same thing. Especially if you're just revamping graphics or reorganizing. You never know who has your shop bookmarked or is subscribed to it. Plus, some people pay attention to post amounts to see if someone is well liked or trustworthy/reliable. You may miss out on possible sales by just launching a new one.

But if it's for something entirely different, I'd make a new one.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
I definitely do prefer relaunching if it's just updating/revamping the thread layout and graphics.

However, I'm not against a new thread as long as I'm pinged about it. Sometimes it's unavoidable like when joint hatcheries split up, or you realize that you should have reserved a few more posts on the first page of your thread for better organization.
I definitely do prefer relaunching if it's just updating/revamping the thread layout and graphics.

However, I'm not against a new thread as long as I'm pinged about it. Sometimes it's unavoidable like when joint hatcheries split up, or you realize that you should have reserved a few more posts on the first page of your thread for better organization.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
Never make a new thread if you have a perfectly healthy one. Unless the service is being drastically changed.

If you really must make a new thread I advise making an announcement on the original thread and then link to the new one with it ping your pinglist.
You could also copy/paste the announcement onto the first post just in case someone misses the initial announcement post or finds the shop from an old credit link back.

I've run into shops that I've found via people's bio (usually art linkbacks) that appear dead but are actually just moved to a new thread. Had I not gone to their OP's lair and happened to find the new version of the shop in their recent forum posts I would have assumed the shop was discontinued.
Never make a new thread if you have a perfectly healthy one. Unless the service is being drastically changed.

If you really must make a new thread I advise making an announcement on the original thread and then link to the new one with it ping your pinglist.
You could also copy/paste the announcement onto the first post just in case someone misses the initial announcement post or finds the shop from an old credit link back.

I've run into shops that I've found via people's bio (usually art linkbacks) that appear dead but are actually just moved to a new thread. Had I not gone to their OP's lair and happened to find the new version of the shop in their recent forum posts I would have assumed the shop was discontinued.
c345f7e3a6e07a5c7b794020f36c400b6fe75700.png61877_s.gif
Thanks for the insight everyone :D
Thanks for the insight everyone :D