Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Art journey of stuff I'm proud of
Wow, so today is my 5 year FR anniversary! ...And it just recently occurred to me that I've never shared any of my own artwork here this whole time. I'm usually embarrassed to share anything of mine, so here's me putting myself out there. For better or worse I'm ready...please enjoy! Linxus setting a city on fire (2012) [img]https://file.toyhou.se/images/9671364_L0l36DTWIKWd6KW.jpg[/img] Romeo in his home forest (2012) [img]https://file.toyhou.se/images/9769714_8VEkajmqqfvgXvF.jpg[/img] Anjel's old design (2013) [img]https://file.toyhou.se/images/9781833_Sirq5qOex0ZJcKi.jpg[/img] A commission a mutual friend requested as a gift for my brother! It features my two OCs (Linxus and Romeo) and two video game characters (Charizard and Chao, 2019). [img]https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/22627328_M7w6FEoHOY9Oh1n.png[/img] Linxus using her powers to manifest a chainsaw made of black fire (2019) [img]https://file.toyhou.se/images/9504082_s76uQK2u8BugWXh.png[/img] A poster I made for myself of my dragon OCs Ferren (during 2020) to keep sane. [img]https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/48126635_8tiAbENHwLTGn6v.png[/img] A portrait of Acenda, my shapeshifting goddess (salvaged from 2014, and finished in 2022) [img]https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/48125733_NtbWw6wd86sTzeO.png[/img] Please, share your thoughts with me~
Wow, so today is my 5 year FR anniversary! ...And it just recently occurred to me that I've never shared any of my own artwork here this whole time. I'm usually embarrassed to share anything of mine, so here's me putting myself out there. For better or worse I'm ready...please enjoy!

Linxus setting a city on fire (2012)
9671364_L0l36DTWIKWd6KW.jpg
Romeo in his home forest (2012)
9769714_8VEkajmqqfvgXvF.jpg
Anjel's old design (2013)
9781833_Sirq5qOex0ZJcKi.jpg
A commission a mutual friend requested as a gift for my brother! It features my two OCs (Linxus and Romeo) and two video game characters (Charizard and Chao, 2019).
22627328_M7w6FEoHOY9Oh1n.png
Linxus using her powers to manifest a chainsaw made of black fire (2019)
9504082_s76uQK2u8BugWXh.png
A poster I made for myself of my dragon OCs Ferren (during 2020) to keep sane.
48126635_8tiAbENHwLTGn6v.png
A portrait of Acenda, my shapeshifting goddess (salvaged from 2014, and finished in 2022)
48125733_NtbWw6wd86sTzeO.png
Please, share your thoughts with me~
Bump~
Bump~
Love that last one! It's always nice to see how an artist's work changes throughout the years
Love that last one! It's always nice to see how an artist's work changes throughout the years
miDn30f.gif
@Prop Hey, thank you so much! To me it feels like not a lot has changed, so this is refreshing and comforting to read. [i]Props[/i] off to you, lol! [emoji=aberration winking size=2]
@Prop

Hey, thank you so much! To me it feels like not a lot has changed, so this is refreshing and comforting to read.
Props off to you, lol!
@SpitfyreFlier - Love it! It’s always great to see how people change over the years but still keep their fundamental style! The poster in particular is very cool, love seeing detailed grayscale works. Also whew that last one, can’t imagine how long the detail on her took! (edit: forgot to ping you lol)
@SpitfyreFlier - Love it! It’s always great to see how people change over the years but still keep their fundamental style! The poster in particular is very cool, love seeing detailed grayscale works. Also whew that last one, can’t imagine how long the detail on her took! (edit: forgot to ping you lol)
83681529.png
Your use of textures and colors is mind blowing!!!! My two favorites are the gift commission, and the salvaged from 2014. The detail in that commission piece is astounding! It looks like a medieval painting.
And the portrait of Acenda is gorgeous, her scales look like glittering stars in space!
Your artistic progression is impressive, and I wish you luck on all your future artistic endeavors!
Your use of textures and colors is mind blowing!!!! My two favorites are the gift commission, and the salvaged from 2014. The detail in that commission piece is astounding! It looks like a medieval painting.
And the portrait of Acenda is gorgeous, her scales look like glittering stars in space!
Your artistic progression is impressive, and I wish you luck on all your future artistic endeavors!
nudX0O8.png
@scarletite
Hey thanks so much! I work with a lot of pencils more than digital these days, but I usually start from gray scale. I used the same technique for the last portrait! And I lost count for how long the details took, at least a week I remember.

You're good about the ping, I'm subbed to the thread!

@Ozeatetsor
Wow, thank you!
I wanted to put a lot into that one for him, glad you both like it! I studied many painting techniques for Acenda's in particular! To be honest, lately I've been feeling discouraged about practicing art due to me not seeing great progress. So I appreciate you!
@scarletite
Hey thanks so much! I work with a lot of pencils more than digital these days, but I usually start from gray scale. I used the same technique for the last portrait! And I lost count for how long the details took, at least a week I remember.

You're good about the ping, I'm subbed to the thread!

@Ozeatetsor
Wow, thank you!
I wanted to put a lot into that one for him, glad you both like it! I studied many painting techniques for Acenda's in particular! To be honest, lately I've been feeling discouraged about practicing art due to me not seeing great progress. So I appreciate you!
@SpitfyreFlier
Oh woowwww I love seeing these! Just looking and appreciating art and how others have improved is such an inspiration, and all the detail in your art is AMAZING
And kudos to you for putting yourself out there! It takes a lot a bravery to gather up that courage, and I hope I get to see more of you in the future <3
@SpitfyreFlier
Oh woowwww I love seeing these! Just looking and appreciating art and how others have improved is such an inspiration, and all the detail in your art is AMAZING
And kudos to you for putting yourself out there! It takes a lot a bravery to gather up that courage, and I hope I get to see more of you in the future <3
VyihBMq.png
CAJaTcp.png
kI850Ts.png
gziv3Ja.png
Za35UMn.png
3.png
3J2k0DG.png
@eliasW
Woah, thank you!
I am flattered I could inspire you that much, putting in the extra touches to the details is a lot of work but worth it in the end!
Sometimes it seems like the bravery aspect is far more difficult than the drawing process...pleased that perhaps it was only imposter syndrome talking. I'll be around when I can be~!
@eliasW
Woah, thank you!
I am flattered I could inspire you that much, putting in the extra touches to the details is a lot of work but worth it in the end!
Sometimes it seems like the bravery aspect is far more difficult than the drawing process...pleased that perhaps it was only imposter syndrome talking. I'll be around when I can be~!