Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The dryad npc gives me bad feels
1 2 3
[quote name="SpiritMessenger" date="2023-03-07 11:50:29" ] [quote name="Kuroikumo" date="2023-03-07 11:40:35" ] okay i dont usually like to be this blunt but this is straight-up fatphobic. its OKAY to be fat. fat is beautiful. leave fat people alone[/quote] I agree, this reads being fatphobic and it makes me uncomfortable. I love seeing my particular body shape represented in Sage, and other people have already pointed out there are plenty of other PoC beastclan individuals that are skinny [or at least on the skinny side] and I'm so sick of the fatphobia. [/quote] If Sage [i]wasn't overweight[/i] but [i]skinny[/i], there will be someone saying that overweight people are not represented enough but only the "skinny beauty standards". If Sage was[u] white and overweight[/u], there will be someone saying that [i]black skins[/i] are not represented enough OR there will be someone saying they feel uncomfortable about her being [i]overweight[/i] as well yadda yadda yadda. We already got introduced a fair amount of beastclan people representing any kinds of body shapes and skin colors, why not look at them and appreciate that? But no, people always have to find something to make a problem out of it. You can never make EVERYONE equally satisfied, and that's okay. Everyone is doing their fair amount of effort already and that's enough to count.
SpiritMessenger wrote on 2023-03-07 11:50:29:
Kuroikumo wrote on 2023-03-07 11:40:35:
okay i dont usually like to be this blunt but this is straight-up fatphobic. its OKAY to be fat. fat is beautiful. leave fat people alone

I agree, this reads being fatphobic and it makes me uncomfortable. I love seeing my particular body shape represented in Sage, and other people have already pointed out there are plenty of other PoC beastclan individuals that are skinny [or at least on the skinny side] and I'm so sick of the fatphobia.

If Sage wasn't overweight but skinny, there will be someone saying that overweight people are not represented enough but only the "skinny beauty standards".
If Sage was white and overweight, there will be someone saying that black skins are not represented enough OR there will be someone saying they feel uncomfortable about her being overweight as well yadda yadda yadda.

We already got introduced a fair amount of beastclan people representing any kinds of body shapes and skin colors, why not look at them and appreciate that?
But no, people always have to find something to make a problem out of it. You can never make EVERYONE equally satisfied, and that's okay. Everyone is doing their fair amount of effort already and that's enough to count.

Ef65p3T.png__

____ free Hibernal Den items | Wishlist | FR +9h

I can draw
• ferals / creatures
• humans / gijinkas
• anthros / furries

wrow people look at someone being comfortable with their body and get offended
wrow people look at someone being comfortable with their body and get offended
epphiren.gif
blanc Nice to meet you, loser! They call me Misfire. Long story. Actually, you know what? It isn't. It's a very short story involving a machine gun, a misunderstanding, and a dozen dead Decepticons. -1 fr time

6aj4x.gif
bedrock comet
grognax.gif
As a fat person, this topic gives me bad feels, ngl
As a fat person, this topic gives me bad feels, ngl

Art by
Rashakiro
MxpKMoG.png_________________________________
~ Crazy
He/him
Brazilian
(FR+5)
@Aequorin
Idk if this is normal topic behavior, but i think it's devolved into bad.
@Aequorin
Idk if this is normal topic behavior, but i think it's devolved into bad.
Sanidars_Sorrow.png[/left] FObX7rS.png rix3ppo.png Most of my Permas are in my HibDen, please check there for Forum Games too please.
Considering that there are multiple other black-coded beastclan characters, most of which are "thin", this topic is discomforting at best. Why is her existance suddenly catering to "stereotypes"? Sage is chubby, let her be; I'm happy for the inclusivity.
Hopefully this gets locked.
Considering that there are multiple other black-coded beastclan characters, most of which are "thin", this topic is discomforting at best. Why is her existance suddenly catering to "stereotypes"? Sage is chubby, let her be; I'm happy for the inclusivity.
Hopefully this gets locked.
79079225_0jqAX51OAKtksya.png
As a black person who is not skinny but not plus sized either, she looks amazing! Please don't change her to be skinny!
As a black person who is not skinny but not plus sized either, she looks amazing! Please don't change her to be skinny!
d6ZVnAI.gif
I recall there being discourse over the Baldwin art change, cuz he went from being overall rounder to... idk he looks like he's egg-bound or has a beer-belly, rather than being overall rounder than average. People were upset at the loss of representation, and the staff said they'd be sure to add a plus-sized NPC in the future

This is more than likely one of those NPCs. You really can't win, can you? Lol (tho I do agree OP would have a point IF the site didn't have other POC-coded NPCs who are on the slimmer side, and "white"-coded NPCs on the larger side)

Edited for grammar
I recall there being discourse over the Baldwin art change, cuz he went from being overall rounder to... idk he looks like he's egg-bound or has a beer-belly, rather than being overall rounder than average. People were upset at the loss of representation, and the staff said they'd be sure to add a plus-sized NPC in the future

This is more than likely one of those NPCs. You really can't win, can you? Lol (tho I do agree OP would have a point IF the site didn't have other POC-coded NPCs who are on the slimmer side, and "white"-coded NPCs on the larger side)

Edited for grammar
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Okay, this thread has run its course and it's going to get a lock before things spiral any further. Thank you to everyone who constructively replied to the original poster and addressed their concerns.
Okay, this thread has run its course and it's going to get a lock before things spiral any further. Thank you to everyone who constructively replied to the original poster and addressed their concerns.
1 2 3