Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Exquisite Doodle!
[center]So I thought making something akin to [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exquisite_corpse]exquisite corpse[/url] would be fun! Each person draws one aspect of a subject, and in the end we have an [img]https://i.imgur.com/kjOHou5.png[/img] Of course we will see what we're working with, unlike an exquisite corpse, so it's not exactly the same, but it's collaborative nonetheless. [/center] [u][b][size=5]Here's how it works![/size][/b][/u] [b]poster one[/b]: head (minus face, including neck) [b]poster two[/b]: torso/body [b]poster three[/b]: arms (including hands) [b]poster four[/b]: legs (including feet) [b]poster five[/b]: face the last person pings the previous collaborators, and then the next person to post starts over again with a new head! Please [b]make a claim post[/b] before you work so no one starts drawing the same part as you. The person who starts the doodle gets to decide [b]if the drawing is colored or not[/b]. If you decide to add color, [b]please no shading[/b], just to keep it easy and consistent for everyone. [b]The subject[/b] can be dragon, animal, human, incomprehensible frankensteined monster, etc.! Go crazy. Please post a [b]simple jpeg/png[/b]. You should simply save the previous image, [b]resize if needed[/b], and [b]draw on top[/b] of it. No need to complicate anything with layers, psds, etc.! :) If you'd like to make it a little less confusing for others, you should [b]feel free to include "next person draws [torso/arms/etc.]!"[/b] [b]You should not ping the previous poster unless you are the last artist[/b], i.e. the face drawer, who [b]should ping all the other collaborators who helped bring the drawing to life[/b]! That way everyone gets to see where it ended up. Please do not ping folks who did not participate in the drawing you worked on. [b]Please make sure these are doodles[/b], i.e. quick and lighthearted. More details in the rules! [u][b]If you need any help, please comment on my profile or PM me! I am happy to clarify or provide any instruction I can.[/b] [/u] [size=1]part of my inspiration is also, as a child, my family used to do "family drawings" at any restaurant that provided crayons, and it worked sort of like this[/size] [u][b][size=5]Rules[/size][/b][/u] 1. FR content rules apply. no nudity, gore etc. 2. please put in an appropriate amount of effort. [u]this goes both ways[/u]. firstly, [b]you should not take very long on your part[/b] (i.e. no later than same-day), this will cause the thread to be pushed very far back in the thread pages. it's a doodle! if you draw something incredible and detailed you are deterring people with perhaps less technical skill from following you, and that's no fun! inversely, no one wants to follow up a no-effort squiggle just because you thought it was funny. when in doubt, keep it respectfully simple. 3. please no trolling, teasing, distasteful jokes, etc. it's disappointing to want to join in a fun game only to have the drawing ruined by someone! 4. again, the first poster (the head artist) gets to choose if the drawing is colored or not. if they decide it's simple black lineart, then that's what it is! and again, if you do color, please no shading. 5. I won't be strict about this, but please keep all non-drawing conversation in comments or PMs as much as possible, just so as not to confuse the order :) 6. and this is an important one, [u]please do not complain if the drawing didn't end up the way you pictured[/u]. If you don't enjoy collaborating with people and letting your art out of your grasp, this isn't the game for you. 7. I won't be strict about this either, but please do not work more than once on a given doodle. of course, sometimes the thread will be slow, and you're welcome to jump back in, but [b]please do not follow your own post[/b] (aka add to your own drawing). recruit a friend! [color=9370D8][b][size=6]Let's make something [/size][size=7][font=Monotype Corsiva]EXQUISITE![/font][/size][/color] Have fun![/b]
So I thought making something akin to exquisite corpse would be fun! Each person draws one aspect of a subject, and in the end we have an
kjOHou5.png
Of course we will see what we're working with, unlike an exquisite corpse, so it's not exactly the same, but it's collaborative nonetheless.

Here's how it works!

poster one: head (minus face, including neck)
poster two: torso/body
poster three: arms (including hands)
poster four: legs (including feet)
poster five: face
the last person pings the previous collaborators, and then the next person to post starts over again with a new head!

Please make a claim post before you work so no one starts drawing the same part as you.

The person who starts the doodle gets to decide if the drawing is colored or not. If you decide to add color, please no shading, just to keep it easy and consistent for everyone.

The subject can be dragon, animal, human, incomprehensible frankensteined monster, etc.! Go crazy.

Please post a simple jpeg/png. You should simply save the previous image, resize if needed, and draw on top of it. No need to complicate anything with layers, psds, etc.! :)

If you'd like to make it a little less confusing for others, you should feel free to include "next person draws [torso/arms/etc.]!"

You should not ping the previous poster unless you are the last artist, i.e. the face drawer, who should ping all the other collaborators who helped bring the drawing to life! That way everyone gets to see where it ended up. Please do not ping folks who did not participate in the drawing you worked on.

Please make sure these are doodles, i.e. quick and lighthearted. More details in the rules!

If you need any help, please comment on my profile or PM me! I am happy to clarify or provide any instruction I can.

part of my inspiration is also, as a child, my family used to do "family drawings" at any restaurant that provided crayons, and it worked sort of like this

Rules
1. FR content rules apply. no nudity, gore etc.
2. please put in an appropriate amount of effort. this goes both ways. firstly, you should not take very long on your part (i.e. no later than same-day), this will cause the thread to be pushed very far back in the thread pages. it's a doodle! if you draw something incredible and detailed you are deterring people with perhaps less technical skill from following you, and that's no fun! inversely, no one wants to follow up a no-effort squiggle just because you thought it was funny. when in doubt, keep it respectfully simple.
3. please no trolling, teasing, distasteful jokes, etc. it's disappointing to want to join in a fun game only to have the drawing ruined by someone!
4. again, the first poster (the head artist) gets to choose if the drawing is colored or not. if they decide it's simple black lineart, then that's what it is! and again, if you do color, please no shading.
5. I won't be strict about this, but please keep all non-drawing conversation in comments or PMs as much as possible, just so as not to confuse the order :)
6. and this is an important one, please do not complain if the drawing didn't end up the way you pictured. If you don't enjoy collaborating with people and letting your art out of your grasp, this isn't the game for you.
7. I won't be strict about this either, but please do not work more than once on a given doodle. of course, sometimes the thread will be slow, and you're welcome to jump back in, but please do not follow your own post (aka add to your own drawing). recruit a friend!

Let's make something EXQUISITE!

Have fun!
VisMTo1.png
they/she
fr+2
art shop
Completed Doodles

we don't have any of these yet, but I'll put something special here when we do!
Completed Doodles

we don't have any of these yet, but I'll put something special here when we do!
VisMTo1.png
they/she
fr+2
art shop
HERE WE GO! [img]https://i.imgur.com/okQCJ3q.png[/img] next person: draw a torso!
HERE WE GO!

okQCJ3q.png

next person: draw a torso!
VisMTo1.png
they/she
fr+2
art shop
[img]https://i.imgur.com/6n8efgK.png[/img] next person arms including hands

6n8efgK.png

next person arms including hands
[img]https://i.imgur.com/g2Ji3cu.png[/img] next person draws legs including feet!
g2Ji3cu.png

next person draws legs including feet!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _2ecd11ff2985249b2223982ce7406d8ade26931c.gif

_ _they / he
wishlist
[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/507377158931349544/1076683158768074852/Creature.png[/img] @/ gupey @/ pearlscale @/ n02x @/ HawkFirePhoenix Next person draws the face!(Remember to ping everyone!)
Creature.png
@/ gupey
@/ pearlscale
@/ n02x
@/ HawkFirePhoenix
Next person draws the face!(Remember to ping everyone!)
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
EbI8AVk.png
mlHpBMC.png
EbI8AVk.png
55489.png
@gupey @pearlscale @n02x @HawkFirePhoenix I gave him a face! tried to make it cute but Idk how cute it is. I like him :) [img]https://i.ibb.co/kXzkpz0/2023-02-20-10b-Kleki.png[/img]
@gupey @pearlscale @n02x @HawkFirePhoenix

I gave him a face! tried to make it cute but Idk how cute it is. I like him :)

2023-02-20-10b-Kleki.png
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
[img]https://imgur.com/LBxcrpk.jpg[/img] next person: draw a torso! (this is a cute little game btw :))
LBxcrpk.jpg

next person: draw a torso! (this is a cute little game btw :))
gligar-f.gif genesect.gif mawile.gif
[img]https://i.imgur.com/kwB4167.jpg[/img] Next person: draw the arms + maybe hands? [s]big big bean[/s]
kwB4167.jpg

Next person: draw the arms + maybe hands?

big big bean