Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Losing interest in FR - advice?
1 2
So I've been here for almost three years now, and my interest on the site has been slowly dwindling for the past four months or so. Nowadays I only check on the site to melt some stuff at Baldwin, make fest currency, feed my dragons once every few days and... not much else.

I was wondering if anyone out here has tips to refuel one's interest on the game? Thanks in advance!
So I've been here for almost three years now, and my interest on the site has been slowly dwindling for the past four months or so. Nowadays I only check on the site to melt some stuff at Baldwin, make fest currency, feed my dragons once every few days and... not much else.

I was wondering if anyone out here has tips to refuel one's interest on the game? Thanks in advance!
earthshieldl.png xx
Scal
They/Them
FRT +9
xxxxxx
@scal
Maybe taking a break for a couple of months?
Flight rising may not interest you now, but it still going to be here when you wanna log on again :)
@scal
Maybe taking a break for a couple of months?
Flight rising may not interest you now, but it still going to be here when you wanna log on again :)
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
Hey
what above post said, take a break!!

i frequently take months-long breaks and coming back is always very refreshing :]
what above post said, take a break!!

i frequently take months-long breaks and coming back is always very refreshing :]
As others said, taking a break is totally valid! But if you don't want to, maybe set youself some goals. Get a new dragon to finish, write some (new) lore or whatever you like! A goal gives me personally always some motivation
As others said, taking a break is totally valid! But if you don't want to, maybe set youself some goals. Get a new dragon to finish, write some (new) lore or whatever you like! A goal gives me personally always some motivation
SQVdsFh.png YUzmw5z.png
noHmDvU.png
5hF3FGk.png
tMJCj6N.png
dT9HQge.png
I took like a year-long break once and while I didn't come back all at ONCE (I was going on mini-hiatuses fairly regularly for a while), I somewhat recently PROPERLY got back into it and I've been active ever since. Sometimes you just gotta let the thing rest before your brain finds it fun again. Just make sure you don't lose your account credentials lol
I took like a year-long break once and while I didn't come back all at ONCE (I was going on mini-hiatuses fairly regularly for a while), I somewhat recently PROPERLY got back into it and I've been active ever since. Sometimes you just gotta let the thing rest before your brain finds it fun again. Just make sure you don't lose your account credentials lol
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
i agree with everyone else. taking breaks will eventually happen with any game or media you find, and that's alright. just keep track of your login and come back whenever you feel ready to!
i agree with everyone else. taking breaks will eventually happen with any game or media you find, and that's alright. just keep track of your login and come back whenever you feel ready to!
T1f2Sfr.png

they/them ♦ previously rouue
dark academia lover

like quest & hatchery
Take a break! I took a three year break once. You could also start a breeding project(s) or look for a challenge. Recently Keet was looking for a challenge, and many members posted great suggestions.
Take a break! I took a three year break once. You could also start a breeding project(s) or look for a challenge. Recently Keet was looking for a challenge, and many members posted great suggestions.
Y02PS6v.png
@Scal setting arbitrary goals helps. As the others have mentioned, challenges are always good. I've been hunting down a bunch of lineage dragons. SOme people want to go for low gen naomis, or for gen2 imps. Or they try to breed some particular color combo
@Scal setting arbitrary goals helps. As the others have mentioned, challenges are always good. I've been hunting down a bunch of lineage dragons. SOme people want to go for low gen naomis, or for gen2 imps. Or they try to breed some particular color combo
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
@Scal
Take a break! I did exactly what you're doing for a year, maybe a year and a half a while ago. Once some new feature or apparel line was added that regained my interest, I came back to the site. Just wait for something you find interesting to be added or for your interest to come back on its own.
@Scal
Take a break! I did exactly what you're doing for a year, maybe a year and a half a while ago. Once some new feature or apparel line was added that regained my interest, I came back to the site. Just wait for something you find interesting to be added or for your interest to come back on its own.
jt3PpxV.png
Currently looking for:
avocado/aqua/sable male, preferably with nature eyes
Abyss and Copper XXX Veils
Echoing the above, and in general be chill about it. Feeding your dragons all the time too much effort? Don't bother. Need to focus on something else for a few weeks? Go ahead. Only want to engage in a certain part of the site? Why not. It's for your enjoyment.

There's nothing wrong with drifting on to other things, and that doesn't mean you won't find your way back. I've been here over 8 years, but my activity level has greatly varied over that time period. Yet here we are!

It'll be OK. :)
Echoing the above, and in general be chill about it. Feeding your dragons all the time too much effort? Don't bother. Need to focus on something else for a few weeks? Go ahead. Only want to engage in a certain part of the site? Why not. It's for your enjoyment.

There's nothing wrong with drifting on to other things, and that doesn't mean you won't find your way back. I've been here over 8 years, but my activity level has greatly varied over that time period. Yet here we are!

It'll be OK. :)
9.pngC4op4pY.png9.png
1 2