Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I ripped off the no-exalting band-aid
1 2 3
HELLLL YEA. I don't have enough space to exalt apart from a handful, but this is great, stonks time. Congrats on the discovery
HELLLL YEA. I don't have enough space to exalt apart from a handful, but this is great, stonks time. Congrats on the discovery
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I started exalting more commonly... I think last year. I earned so much, especially during the exp bonus events XD
I started exalting more commonly... I think last year. I earned so much, especially during the exp bonus events XD
A pixel button that reads 'wishlist' and links to my wishlist.
A pixel button that reads 'avatar dragon' and links to my avatar dragon.
A pixel button that reads 'about' and links to my extended about.
A pixel button that reads 'For Sale'.
A pixel button that reads 'den slot tasks' and links to a list of items I currently need for my latest hibernal den slots.
A pixel button that reads 'they/them'. These are my pronouns.
A pixel button that reads 'trans'. Referring to the fact that I am transgender.
A pixel button that reads 'autistic', referring to the fact that I am autistic.
A pixel button that reads 'disabled', referring to the fact that I am physically disabled.
A pixel button that reads 'wheelchair user', referring to the fact that I use a wheelchair.

Call me Ainsley!
Discord: ainsleys
LF Accent: Paper Cranes | Please DM me if you have it!
Welcome to dragon stonks!! I hope you enjoy all the spoils you'll reap from exalting. [emoji=pearlcatcher star size=1]
Welcome to dragon stonks!! I hope you enjoy all the spoils you'll reap from exalting.
Congrats on taking the plunge!
Exalting makes such a huge difference in your finances once you're been doing it for a while you'll wonder how you managed before.

If you don't already you might want to start keeping track of Dom too, during battles selling leveled fodder can be incredibly lucrative, and the raffles can add an extra level of fun.
Congrats on taking the plunge!
Exalting makes such a huge difference in your finances once you're been doing it for a while you'll wonder how you managed before.

If you don't already you might want to start keeping track of Dom too, during battles selling leveled fodder can be incredibly lucrative, and the raffles can add an extra level of fun.
I already sent 13 dragons into the stratosphere and feeling great with the money yesssss I'm not too big into dom but if I get enough dragons, I can just... dump 20+ dragons when Ice or Water is pushing [s]I might move to water[/s] but stonks come first at the moment xD [quote name="@Cearnin" date="2023-02-04 16:37:37" ] oh I feel that- I started just selling hatchlings and being strict about who I kept, but I have some old permas that aren't...really vibey anymore? but I hate the idea of selling them and seeing them change so I'm just hovering over the exalt button debating...I just struggle, I'm so soft I feel bad not giving dragons a chance [emoji=coatl sad size=1] [/quote] TBH it sounds like a good idea is to scatterscroll them than selling/exalting if they're still sentimental in some way. That was my method before finally resorting to exalting especially since I've gotten some really good scatters, though I've also gotten bad ones too. My personal rule is that if I keep consistently forgetting about the dragon, and only getting reminded they're there whenever I go into a specific lair tab or something, it might be time to exalt, scatter, or sell them.
I already sent 13 dragons into the stratosphere and feeling great with the money yesssss

I'm not too big into dom but if I get enough dragons, I can just... dump 20+ dragons when Ice or Water is pushing I might move to water but stonks come first at the moment xD
@Cearnin wrote on 2023-02-04 16:37:37:
oh I feel that- I started just selling hatchlings and being strict about who I kept, but I have some old permas that aren't...really vibey anymore? but I hate the idea of selling them and seeing them change so I'm just hovering over the exalt button debating...I just struggle, I'm so soft I feel bad not giving dragons a chance
TBH it sounds like a good idea is to scatterscroll them than selling/exalting if they're still sentimental in some way. That was my method before finally resorting to exalting especially since I've gotten some really good scatters, though I've also gotten bad ones too.

My personal rule is that if I keep consistently forgetting about the dragon, and only getting reminded they're there whenever I go into a specific lair tab or something, it might be time to exalt, scatter, or sell them.
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
[quote name="DoubleO" date="2023-02-05 16:32:28" ]TBH it sounds like a good idea is to scatterscroll them than selling/exalting if they're still sentimental in some way. That was my method before finally resorting to exalting especially since I've gotten some really good scatters, though I've also gotten bad ones too. [/quote] Oh trust me, they've been scattered lmao- it gets expensive after a couple tries
DoubleO wrote on 2023-02-05 16:32:28:
TBH it sounds like a good idea is to scatterscroll them than selling/exalting if they're still sentimental in some way. That was my method before finally resorting to exalting especially since I've gotten some really good scatters, though I've also gotten bad ones too.
Oh trust me, they've been scattered lmao- it gets expensive after a couple tries
potato.png
@Cearnin yep. This is why at least a few dragons are getting yeeted because... I just can't keep scattering and now I'm pretty much going Edna Mode on them: [center][img]https://media.tenor.com/VWpyutTowRIAAAAC/edna-mode-incredibles.gif[/img][/center]
@Cearnin yep. This is why at least a few dragons are getting yeeted because... I just can't keep scattering and now I'm pretty much going Edna Mode on them:
edna-mode-incredibles.gif
[quote name="EeveeDream" date="2023-02-04 20:15:58" ] [quote name="Kiln" date="2023-02-04 19:46:53" ] Me and my peabrain have decided that exalting is just infinite lair space… You just can’t breed/dress the dragons anymore. I used to keep the children of my dragons out of perceived obligation for them… but I felt like I was wasting a lot of lair space on dragons I didn’t love or feel pride for. [/quote] Actually...this is big brain, cause in game lore, the dragons aren't really gone, just technically working for the government [emoji=guardian winking size=2] they're just really busy and don't need to be fed by the clan, or confined to things such as regular clothing anymore. [/quote] That's exactly how I look at it. I don't sell my dragons, because I want to keep them all. I just keep most of them on exalt pillars. They still exist in my lore, and still turn up in my stories now and again.
EeveeDream wrote on 2023-02-04 20:15:58:
Kiln wrote on 2023-02-04 19:46:53:
Me and my peabrain have decided that exalting is just infinite lair space… You just can’t breed/dress the dragons anymore.

I used to keep the children of my dragons out of perceived obligation for them… but I felt like I was wasting a lot of lair space on dragons I didn’t love or feel pride for.
Actually...this is big brain, cause in game lore, the dragons aren't really gone, just technically working for the government they're just really busy and don't need to be fed by the clan, or confined to things such as regular clothing anymore.

That's exactly how I look at it. I don't sell my dragons, because I want to keep them all. I just keep most of them on exalt pillars. They still exist in my lore, and still turn up in my stories now and again.
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
Good news: I've went from 155 dragons to 127.

Bad news: I... wasted a lot of my exalting money to stat dragons or buy renaming scrolls so I can tell which dragons are not canon to my offspring lists anymore and such. RIP

Good news: I've went from 155 dragons to 127.

Bad news: I... wasted a lot of my exalting money to stat dragons or buy renaming scrolls so I can tell which dragons are not canon to my offspring lists anymore and such. RIP

I think I've been exalting as soon as I had a suitable team for it, which was...erm...I think a couple of months in after I started. I have breeding pairs specific for fodder and a few leftover pairs from ages past that I still breed with. Otherwise, my other pretty dragons don't breed at all xD Welcome to the exalting life, we have treasure [emoji=money bag size=1]
I think I've been exalting as soon as I had a suitable team for it, which was...erm...I think a couple of months in after I started. I have breeding pairs specific for fodder and a few leftover pairs from ages past that I still breed with. Otherwise, my other pretty dragons don't breed at all xD

Welcome to the exalting life, we have treasure
m16OKP.jpeg
1 2 3