Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Hibernal Den/Main Lair Default Toggle
1 2
I have seen some older similar suggestions and just wanted to express my thoughts on this idea the best I can :) If anyone has similar ideas let me know too.

Feature:

A toggle button to make the Hibernal Den the first page that opens when users visit your lair, as opposed to your Main Lair. It could be located under Account Settings or visible when in lair edit mode.

Reason:

Some users keep many of their permanent dragons in the Hibernal Den, especially players that like hoarding dragons (myself included). Hibernal Den has far more dragon slots than the Main Lair and also does not require feeding.

I currently keep my vast number of dragons in my Main Lair because I like to see them. Meanwhile my currently-inactive breeding pairs and most of the dragons that I want to sell go into Hibden because I don't care about not seeing them.

I realized that it would work better if most of my dragons, who mostly just sit there looking pretty, lived in Hibden instead, while the dragons I want to breed and sell could go in the Main Lair. The only reason I don't do this is that I would like my dragon collection to be the first thing that I, and other players visiting my lair, see.

Possible counter-points:

Would it be too confusing? > It might take getting used to, to notice whether you are opening someone's lair in their Active Lair or Hibernal Den. But I don't think it would take too long to learn.

Would everyone just put all their dragons in Hibden to avoid feeding them? > Many players already put lots of dragons in Hibden, or simply let their lairs go hungry, because they can't keep up with feeding. Players would still use the main lair because training, breeding, and bonding with familiars is fun!

But being hidden is part of the Hibernal Den tradeoff? > True! I would argue that it is enough of a tradeoff that one can't breed, train, or familliar-bond their dragons in Hibden. An additional tradeoff to toggling one's Hibernal Den to be their first page is that any active sales in their Main Lair would be slightly less accessible.

The only other thing I can think of besides that is that "Lair" could be called "Active Lair" to further specify it.
I have seen some older similar suggestions and just wanted to express my thoughts on this idea the best I can :) If anyone has similar ideas let me know too.

Feature:

A toggle button to make the Hibernal Den the first page that opens when users visit your lair, as opposed to your Main Lair. It could be located under Account Settings or visible when in lair edit mode.

Reason:

Some users keep many of their permanent dragons in the Hibernal Den, especially players that like hoarding dragons (myself included). Hibernal Den has far more dragon slots than the Main Lair and also does not require feeding.

I currently keep my vast number of dragons in my Main Lair because I like to see them. Meanwhile my currently-inactive breeding pairs and most of the dragons that I want to sell go into Hibden because I don't care about not seeing them.

I realized that it would work better if most of my dragons, who mostly just sit there looking pretty, lived in Hibden instead, while the dragons I want to breed and sell could go in the Main Lair. The only reason I don't do this is that I would like my dragon collection to be the first thing that I, and other players visiting my lair, see.

Possible counter-points:

Would it be too confusing? > It might take getting used to, to notice whether you are opening someone's lair in their Active Lair or Hibernal Den. But I don't think it would take too long to learn.

Would everyone just put all their dragons in Hibden to avoid feeding them? > Many players already put lots of dragons in Hibden, or simply let their lairs go hungry, because they can't keep up with feeding. Players would still use the main lair because training, breeding, and bonding with familiars is fun!

But being hidden is part of the Hibernal Den tradeoff? > True! I would argue that it is enough of a tradeoff that one can't breed, train, or familliar-bond their dragons in Hibden. An additional tradeoff to toggling one's Hibernal Den to be their first page is that any active sales in their Main Lair would be slightly less accessible.

The only other thing I can think of besides that is that "Lair" could be called "Active Lair" to further specify it.
Juliet | She/Her | FR +3
FFweN5e.pnglP3A8fq.pngWHKF1eI.pngVDEbdRX.pngRytvwI2.pngTNk7xoI.png
I like this!!
my hibden is currently much much larger than my active lair bc it's cheaper to expand there. my lore dragons would be much better kept in hibden bc I don't breed really them anymore anyway, but I want people to see them, so in my active lair they go, where they take up space and food that could be going towards dragons that I am actually breeding.
if I could set my hibden to main then I could stash them in there and keep them safe from being accidentally bred while still allowing people to see them, and then also have a larger variety of dragons to breed with!
I like this!!
my hibden is currently much much larger than my active lair bc it's cheaper to expand there. my lore dragons would be much better kept in hibden bc I don't breed really them anymore anyway, but I want people to see them, so in my active lair they go, where they take up space and food that could be going towards dragons that I am actually breeding.
if I could set my hibden to main then I could stash them in there and keep them safe from being accidentally bred while still allowing people to see them, and then also have a larger variety of dragons to breed with!
ezgif.com-gif-maker_5.gif

_____________________________ lWHeF6j.pngfLdYOuE.pngytkEBod.pngpZJYyk4.pngbYt72YT.pngYMPbu9R.png
I think it's a good idea! More lair customization and flexibility is always nice
I think it's a good idea! More lair customization and flexibility is always nice
.......413ed94a7ed081423339dc9ad221e7783e66a715.png....
2c5d77634624e02aa8c1f95d43873fcbc89a7efd.png.....
A0CDXxc.png
I'd love this! I keep all of my lore dragons in my hibden and it would be neat if people saw my lore dragons first instead of my random fodder pairs.
I'd love this! I keep all of my lore dragons in my hibden and it would be neat if people saw my lore dragons first instead of my random fodder pairs.
Love of the king
No traveling dragons, please!
r1iCGFl.png
Support! I also keep my permas in my hibden, I would love for them to be more visible to visitors!
Support! I also keep my permas in my hibden, I would love for them to be more visible to visitors!

kelly/æ
she/they
FR +2
I support this as well! I just think it would be a nice option to have.
I support this as well! I just think it would be a nice option to have.
tumblr_inline_p4g64gV0px1qfa500_540.png
Support for this as well! I know a lot of players like myself keep their Gen 1s tucked in the hibden since it’s easier to store them for gening unlike the active dragons that you would use for sales/breeding/etc.
Support for this as well! I know a lot of players like myself keep their Gen 1s tucked in the hibden since it’s easier to store them for gening unlike the active dragons that you would use for sales/breeding/etc.
7888.png Avatar Dragon
Custom Progen
Random Progen
Support. I'm not sure which I would set but it would be nice to have the option, especially since the den holds more. This might be the impetus I need to actually organize my dragons and get all the finished ones on the same side of the lair/den divide.
Support. I'm not sure which I would set but it would be nice to have the option, especially since the den holds more. This might be the impetus I need to actually organize my dragons and get all the finished ones on the same side of the lair/den divide.
I mostly support this, however one major downside is that people might be less motivated to expand their active lairs, which could lead to treasure inflation as lair expansions are an efficient way of removing large amounts of treasure from the economy. This could be combated by introducing treasure HibDen slots and other treasure sinks
I mostly support this, however one major downside is that people might be less motivated to expand their active lairs, which could lead to treasure inflation as lair expansions are an efficient way of removing large amounts of treasure from the economy. This could be combated by introducing treasure HibDen slots and other treasure sinks
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
Support this! I don't store my main dragons in my hibden just because they end up hidden.
Support this! I don't store my main dragons in my hibden just because they end up hidden.
shork_mascot_shrunk.png qjPdVei.png
AaYNmEX.png
mlHpBMC.png
q5M254J.png
FObX7rS.png
5hF3FGk.png
Earth-Network.png
1 2