Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Myth & Monsters IC
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[img] https://i.imgur.com/ueVR71k.png[/img] @biao Success! Taking the place of where the badger once stood, you nose your way just enough into the hide. Sharp stings poke at you occasionally from the already irate bees, thankfully not doing any major damage but enough that you can still feel the jabs! With the hive already damaged though, it’s easy for you to peel back a chunk of the comb and put a bit of distance between yourself and the hive. Once safety under the thick brush— opposite of where the badger had escaped to avoid any unwanted reunions— the bees relented. Finally the prize was within your grasp! Bright golden hexagons, oozing sweet goo!
ueVR71k.png

@biao

Success!

Taking the place of where the badger once stood, you nose your way just enough into the hide. Sharp stings poke at you occasionally from the already irate bees, thankfully not doing any major damage but enough that you can still feel the jabs!

With the hive already damaged though, it’s easy for you to peel back a chunk of the comb and put a bit of distance between yourself and the hive. Once safety under the thick brush— opposite of where the badger had escaped to avoid any unwanted reunions— the bees relented. Finally the prize was within your grasp! Bright golden hexagons, oozing sweet goo!
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
______
Grimm
Evergreen Forest
Grow — Consume Honeycomb
Tags: n/a

———
Sweet treat grasped between small teeth, Grimm bolts. It's tempting to devour the honeycomb then and there, but the bees are just enough of a deterrent to stop a fledgling's cravings. Not enough to stop a quick lick, though, as a mellow sweetness settles over his tongue.

Once he's tucked away in the undergrowth, all his reservations trickle away, like rain running off a mountain of stone. Nevertheless, Grimm takes his time enjoying the treat. The best things in life are meant to be savored, are they not?
———

Previous GM Post: x
Character Sheet: x

______
______
Grimm
Evergreen Forest
Grow — Consume Honeycomb
Tags: n/a

———
Sweet treat grasped between small teeth, Grimm bolts. It's tempting to devour the honeycomb then and there, but the bees are just enough of a deterrent to stop a fledgling's cravings. Not enough to stop a quick lick, though, as a mellow sweetness settles over his tongue.

Once he's tucked away in the undergrowth, all his reservations trickle away, like rain running off a mountain of stone. Nevertheless, Grimm takes his time enjoying the treat. The best things in life are meant to be savored, are they not?
———

Previous GM Post: x
Character Sheet: x

______
[center][size=5]Nibi|Evergreen Forest|Communicate[/size][/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ueVR71k.png[/img] Nibi legit thought they were gonna drown for a second there when they first started swimming. The current picked up unexpectedly when they got further into the river, and they had some trouble staying above the surface. They were able to figure themself out after a minute or two of struggling thankfully, and made it to the other side just fine. Pulling them self out of the water, Nibi decides that swimming wasn’t all too bad, near death experience aside. What they don’t like, however, is the way the water weighs them down out of the river. Even after they shake themself off, the water is still a heavy, cold weight on their feathers. They hope they dry off soon. Continuing into the forest on the other side of the river, Nibi notices the strange, green light. At first they pause, not quite sure what it is. They stay stood there for a moment, observing the odd phenomenon from a distance, but after some time they decide that, whatever it is, [i]probably[/i] won’t hurt them. Continuing towards the strange light, Nibi finds themself growing excited to see whatever this strange thing might be. So far, their journey has been interesting, but a little lack-luster for their taste, excluding the bear encounter of course. They were hoping for something fun and exciting! They really hope it’s not another bear… A flurry of blue distracts them from their journey. Looking for the source, Nibi spots a blue bird with beautiful black and white patterns, a Bluejay! The bird had perched itself on a high branch close to Nibi. Close enough that Nibi is able to see every detail on its beautiful feathers, but not quite close enough for them to reach. Nibi looks closer at the feathers on its wings and crest. They wish they had feathers like that. They’re so pretty and bright! Its wings look much stronger and more durable as well. The bird squawks at Nibi, so they pay more attention to what it’s doing. They watch as the bird hops around and tugs at the bark of the branch it’s on. Tilting their head, they wonder what it’s trying to do. They watch as the bird tugs and tugs and, eventually, tears a piece off the tree. The bird then hops over to the end of the branch just above Nibi and, drops the bark! Nibi is so surprised when the bark lands on their head that they accidentally flinch and knock it off. Leaning down, they sniff at the bark for good measure and look back up at the bird in amusement. Now why had they done that? Deciding to play along, Nibi plucks some grass from the ground and blows it back at the bird, following it with their best attempt at squawking the way the bird had.
Nibi|Evergreen Forest|Communicate
ueVR71k.png

Nibi legit thought they were gonna drown for a second there when they first started swimming. The current picked up unexpectedly when they got further into the river, and they had some trouble staying above the surface. They were able to figure themself out after a minute or two of struggling thankfully, and made it to the other side just fine.

Pulling them self out of the water, Nibi decides that swimming wasn’t all too bad, near death experience aside. What they don’t like, however, is the way the water weighs them down out of the river. Even after they shake themself off, the water is still a heavy, cold weight on their feathers. They hope they dry off soon.

Continuing into the forest on the other side of the river, Nibi notices the strange, green light. At first they pause, not quite sure what it is. They stay stood there for a moment, observing the odd phenomenon from a distance, but after some time they decide that, whatever it is, probably won’t hurt them. Continuing towards the strange light, Nibi finds themself growing excited to see whatever this strange thing might be. So far, their journey has been interesting, but a little lack-luster for their taste, excluding the bear encounter of course. They were hoping for something fun and exciting! They really hope it’s not another bear…

A flurry of blue distracts them from their journey. Looking for the source, Nibi spots a blue bird with beautiful black and white patterns, a Bluejay!

The bird had perched itself on a high branch close to Nibi. Close enough that Nibi is able to see every detail on its beautiful feathers, but not quite close enough for them to reach. Nibi looks closer at the feathers on its wings and crest. They wish they had feathers like that. They’re so pretty and bright! Its wings look much stronger and more durable as well.

The bird squawks at Nibi, so they pay more attention to what it’s doing. They watch as the bird hops around and tugs at the bark of the branch it’s on. Tilting their head, they wonder what it’s trying to do. They watch as the bird tugs and tugs and, eventually, tears a piece off the tree. The bird then hops over to the end of the branch just above Nibi and, drops the bark!

Nibi is so surprised when the bark lands on their head that they accidentally flinch and knock it off. Leaning down, they sniff at the bark for good measure and look back up at the bird in amusement. Now why had they done that? Deciding to play along, Nibi plucks some grass from the ground and blows it back at the bird, following it with their best attempt at squawking the way the bird had.
FR +2

Looking for RP!
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/uhdIsMx.png[/img] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/cc1d1159f3c0a645e3f6e19e52bb9618/tumblr_inline_oorhpt9UAY1u5ynwc_540.png[/img] [size=5][font=Fantasy][color=#72573A][b]Ikteid | Evergreen Forest | Communicate | Tags: None[/b][/color][/font][/size] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/cc1d1159f3c0a645e3f6e19e52bb9618/tumblr_inline_oorhpt9UAY1u5ynwc_540.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/uhdIsMx.png[/img] [img]https://imgur.com/04zuVdZ.png[/img][/center] Excitement and anxiety rose in Ikteid’s feathered chest as he stepped up the stairs. Anything could be at the top. He hoped he would be met with something pleasant, preferably tasty. He dwelled on what else could be up there as his ears flicked at every sound his claws made against the wood. Did trees usually have steps inside? He walked out into the light of the village, stopping abruptly as he was met with too much stimuli. New smells were the first thing he noticed. It was a good bunch of tasty smells. He was particularly fond of the way the savory scents made his mouth water. Searching for the source might be a worthy quest. His eyes wandered when his nose stopped picking up anything new. Tall humanoids walked casually around and into cozy looking huts. Unlike the other creatures he’s seen these ones don’t seem to mind him being here. Well, at least all but one. Ikteid was a bit frightened when one of the humanoids approached him. He stood his ground and did his best to keep from looking scared. As the humanoid got closer he was able to recognize them as an elf, did Mother say elves were kind? Amber eyes examine the elf as she kneels. What caught his gaze was the iridescent marks she possessed. Strange! Ikteid stepped forward and put his nose to her hand without apprehension. Such a sweet voice couldn’t belong to someone evil. She smelled as kind as she sounded but how can he express how nice it was to meet her? He decided to mimic the elves movement and sat in front of her, holding out his paw and making his sweetest vocalization. (Very sorry to leave you hanging for so long! [s]Also, sorry for the not as good writing in this one[/s] [size=1]For a split second I was thinking about making him hunt the elves[/size]
uhdIsMx.png tumblr_inline_oorhpt9UAY1u5ynwc_540.png Ikteid | Evergreen Forest | Communicate | Tags: None tumblr_inline_oorhpt9UAY1u5ynwc_540.png uhdIsMx.png
04zuVdZ.png

Excitement and anxiety rose in Ikteid’s feathered chest as he stepped up the stairs. Anything could be at the top. He hoped he would be met with something pleasant, preferably tasty. He dwelled on what else could be up there as his ears flicked at every sound his claws made against the wood. Did trees usually have steps inside?

He walked out into the light of the village, stopping abruptly as he was met with too much stimuli. New smells were the first thing he noticed. It was a good bunch of tasty smells. He was particularly fond of the way the savory scents made his mouth water. Searching for the source might be a worthy quest.
His eyes wandered when his nose stopped picking up anything new. Tall humanoids walked casually around and into cozy looking huts. Unlike the other creatures he’s seen these ones don’t seem to mind him being here. Well, at least all but one.

Ikteid was a bit frightened when one of the humanoids approached him. He stood his ground and did his best to keep from looking scared. As the humanoid got closer he was able to recognize them as an elf, did Mother say elves were kind? Amber eyes examine the elf as she kneels. What caught his gaze was the iridescent marks she possessed. Strange!

Ikteid stepped forward and put his nose to her hand without apprehension. Such a sweet voice couldn’t belong to someone evil. She smelled as kind as she sounded but how can he express how nice it was to meet her?
He decided to mimic the elves movement and sat in front of her, holding out his paw and making his sweetest vocalization.
(Very sorry to leave you hanging for so long! Also, sorry for the not as good writing in this one
For a split second I was thinking about making him hunt the elves
1bGY4da.gif
G6dp9TC.gifX7lZdvM.gifRiz8QCR.gifTgsXEGE.pngUcGmwnI.pngYqQahg2.png
[center][color=#007a63]Fiskare | Evergreen Forest |Sneak | Tags: None[/color] [/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/OzF9JWT.gif[/img][/center] Fiskare looked around in wonder. As he padded about, he sniffed at the colorful flowers, stifling sneezes. An insect fluttered by, and his eyes widened as he took in it's gossamer wings. Eventually, Fiskare slowed to a stop, taking in all that the forest had to offer. The white flash of a tail caught his eye. Fiskare whipped his head around to get a better look. A rabbit had vanished into the foilage. Another new thing. This time, Fiskare had less apprehension about going after it, but as he began to run after it, he stopped. Running up to it was what spooked it, so maybe barging in again wasn't the best idea. Fiskare decided to take a more stealthy approach, and began to crouch-walk towards the direction the rabbit ran off in. ((Ack! I really fell behind. Sorry about that!))
Fiskare | Evergreen Forest |Sneak | Tags: None
OzF9JWT.gif

Fiskare looked around in wonder. As he padded about, he sniffed at the colorful flowers, stifling sneezes. An insect fluttered by, and his eyes widened as he took in it's gossamer wings. Eventually, Fiskare slowed to a stop, taking in all that the forest had to offer.

The white flash of a tail caught his eye. Fiskare whipped his head around to get a better look. A rabbit had vanished into the foilage. Another new thing. This time, Fiskare had less apprehension about going after it, but as he began to run after it, he stopped. Running up to it was what spooked it, so maybe barging in again wasn't the best idea. Fiskare decided to take a more stealthy approach, and began to crouch-walk towards the direction the rabbit ran off in.

((Ack! I really fell behind. Sorry about that!))
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
Ms8zPwX.png
ekux78o.png
Baltic | He/Him | FR Time +2
Siffrin-sprite.png please come talk to me about ISAT that game has a hold on me rn Siffrin-sprite.png
tCsqc24.png
Ut9RRot.png
gYW0j5f.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ueVR71k.png[/img] @biao Success! Part way through devouring the honey, your magic takes effect! In the midst of your meal– or at least soon after– you notice that… [center][b]Your hide has entirely changed to a shiny gold color! [u]OR[/u] Your paw pads have become sticky! (+Trait - Minor Sticky Paws: The bottom of your feet are now slightly sticky. It might help with climbing, but debris, leaf-cover, and other lose ground tend to be picked up and stay with you.)[/b][/center] New world, new you!
ueVR71k.png

@biao

Success!

Part way through devouring the honey, your magic takes effect! In the midst of your meal– or at least soon after– you notice that…
Your hide has entirely changed to a shiny gold color!

OR

Your paw pads have become sticky! (+Trait - Minor Sticky Paws: The bottom of your feet are now slightly sticky. It might help with climbing, but debris, leaf-cover, and other lose ground tend to be picked up and stay with you.)

New world, new you!
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ueVR71k.png[/img] @mysterybox11 Success! You squawk right back at the bluejay, mimicking its sounds in an order of your own. The bird however doesn’t seem… especially pleased. It flaps its wings and makes even harsher calls, hopping between branches to find pieces a bit bigger than the ones it had been dropping on you before! Even if not by much, as it still had to be small enough for the bird to carry at all. Every time a new piece of debris hits your back or head, the bird makes an irritated set of sounds. It’s still a bit careful though, remaining high above and never coming within your reach.

ueVR71k.png

@mysterybox11

Success!

You squawk right back at the bluejay, mimicking its sounds in an order of your own. The bird however doesn’t seem… especially pleased. It flaps its wings and makes even harsher calls, hopping between branches to find pieces a bit bigger than the ones it had been dropping on you before! Even if not by much, as it still had to be small enough for the bird to carry at all.

Every time a new piece of debris hits your back or head, the bird makes an irritated set of sounds. It’s still a bit careful though, remaining high above and never coming within your reach.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ueVR71k.png[/img] @Teleoste For the brief moment your nose was against her hand, the elf woman’s thumb lightly rubbed the edge of your snout. She made no move to stop you upon retreating, only to start chuckling as you mimic’d her actions and chirped sweetly. There was no hesitation in her own reception to it, reaching forward and gently taking the paw with a loose shake to allow you to pull back if so desired. “Quite the sweetheart, aren’t you? I imagine that will earn you some positive attention during your visit, should you go looking for it. My name is Elytra. What might I call you little one?” ----- ((It’s all good! The response is fairly small for now. [size=1]Good call not to, little guy probably won’t have been super successful lol[/size]))
ueVR71k.png

@Teleoste

For the brief moment your nose was against her hand, the elf woman’s thumb lightly rubbed the edge of your snout. She made no move to stop you upon retreating, only to start chuckling as you mimic’d her actions and chirped sweetly.

There was no hesitation in her own reception to it, reaching forward and gently taking the paw with a loose shake to allow you to pull back if so desired. “Quite the sweetheart, aren’t you? I imagine that will earn you some positive attention during your visit, should you go looking for it. My name is Elytra. What might I call you little one?”

((It’s all good! The response is fairly small for now.

Good call not to, little guy probably won’t have been super successful lol))
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ueVR71k.png[/img] @BalticDeerOwl Slinking into the underbrush, your quarry was in sight. The rabbit sitting in a small clearing under the foliage, sampling some of the ground cover… or at least it was. Your paw hit a small stick, causing it to perk up and whip its head around. The creature was alert, though it hadn’t clued in on your exact location just yet. It may be difficult at your current distance, but with some luck you may just be able to successfully catch it. ----- ((It's np! Move at whatever pace works for you *thumbs up*))
ueVR71k.png

@BalticDeerOwl

Slinking into the underbrush, your quarry was in sight. The rabbit sitting in a small clearing under the foliage, sampling some of the ground cover… or at least it was. Your paw hit a small stick, causing it to perk up and whip its head around.

The creature was alert, though it hadn’t clued in on your exact location just yet. It may be difficult at your current distance, but with some luck you may just be able to successfully catch it.

((It's np! Move at whatever pace works for you *thumbs up*))
[center][size=5]Nibi|Evergreen Forest|Run[/size][/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ueVR71k.png[/img] When Nibi was mimicking the bird, they didn’t really expect much of a reaction. Maybe the bird would tilt its head in curiosity? Perhaps it would startle and fly off. Whatever its reaction, Nibi was not expecting, what was apparently, anger. The bird squawks and screams at them, throwing larger twigs and bits of bark. Nothing is heavy enough to hurt, of course, but it’s enough for them to get the idea. “Alright! Alright! I get it! I’ll go, geez!” Nibi exclaims, backing away from the raging bluejay. Well that certainly could have gone better. They wonder what they could have done for that to have happened. Did they insult the bird in bird-talk somehow? Is that even a thing? Shaking their head, Nibi gets back on track. Looking around themself, they once again notice the green light from before. [i]Oh yeah, that’s what I was doing![/i] they think to themself as they continue towards the light, interaction with the bird all but forgotten.
Nibi|Evergreen Forest|Run
ueVR71k.png

When Nibi was mimicking the bird, they didn’t really expect much of a reaction. Maybe the bird would tilt its head in curiosity? Perhaps it would startle and fly off. Whatever its reaction, Nibi was not expecting, what was apparently, anger. The bird squawks and screams at them, throwing larger twigs and bits of bark. Nothing is heavy enough to hurt, of course, but it’s enough for them to get the idea.

“Alright! Alright! I get it! I’ll go, geez!” Nibi exclaims, backing away from the raging bluejay. Well that certainly could have gone better. They wonder what they could have done for that to have happened. Did they insult the bird in bird-talk somehow? Is that even a thing?

Shaking their head, Nibi gets back on track. Looking around themself, they once again notice the green light from before. Oh yeah, that’s what I was doing! they think to themself as they continue towards the light, interaction with the bird all but forgotten.
FR +2

Looking for RP!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7