Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Adolescent dragons?
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2023-01-31 11:48:39" ] We already have dragon adolescence, guys. They do not have anunique pose, but it's the period between the dragon stops being a hatchling, but before it canb reed [/quote] Exactly! But if some impatient with 5 days before adault pose just imagine how they will cry if they must wait 30 days more! (Even if imagine pose happens. But they not worth it - as mentioned with all genes it equal making new breed! Or even 2; better add npc or other art with them)
Corviknight wrote on 2023-01-31 11:48:39:
We already have dragon adolescence, guys. They do not have anunique pose, but it's the period between the dragon stops being a hatchling, but before it canb reed
Exactly! But if some impatient with 5 days before adault pose just imagine how they will cry if they must wait 30 days more! (Even if imagine pose happens. But they not worth it - as mentioned with all genes it equal making new breed! Or even 2; better add npc or other art with them)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Shinyumbreon" date="2023-01-31 08:02:06" ] No support, this would be a ton of work for something that only lasts a few days. With redrawing all the genes + new poses, it’s the same amount of work as making a new ancient, minus it actually being a new breed [/quote] Although i do like the concept, I agree that it may not be something that would be feesable Maybe if it a separate function? Like an adolescent scroll?
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2023-01-31 08:02:06:
No support, this would be a ton of work for something that only lasts a few days.

With redrawing all the genes + new poses, it’s the same amount of work as making a new ancient, minus it actually being a new breed
Although i do like the concept, I agree that it may not be something that would be feesable
Maybe if it a separate function? Like an adolescent scroll?
9YmzAZz.png
6YtLZau.png
LRdLP2V.png
ACOZFAh.png
kE8PZoU.png
8732-DEFC-0882-405-A-A1-FC-A7-F406-FC25-B0.gifjt3PpxV.pngqo188r4.png
WKtl2lb.png
VjdktqS.png
FObX7rS.png
LardsEd.png
YMPbu9R.png
As much as I like the idea, No support.
Like others have said this is just way too much work at this point in the game, even if the only way to get your dragon to appear in adolescent form was the use of a scroll I would be hard pressed to change my stance. The devs would have to draw all new art for:
20 dragon breeds
110 modern genes
319 ancient genes
(give or take a few numbers on the genes, I just went and counted them but I may have missed a few or accidentally counted basic once or twice)

Then there's the fact that some breeds have Sexual Dimorphism - where the males and females look different. Two good examples are Coatl's and bogsneaks; Coatl's have different feather placement on their head/neck depending on gender and the headfins on Bogsneaks are also different - females have one and males have two. For the dragon breeds who are dimorphic, their work would essentially be doubled compared to the rest of the dragons who aren't dimorphic.
As much as I like the idea, No support.
Like others have said this is just way too much work at this point in the game, even if the only way to get your dragon to appear in adolescent form was the use of a scroll I would be hard pressed to change my stance. The devs would have to draw all new art for:
20 dragon breeds
110 modern genes
319 ancient genes
(give or take a few numbers on the genes, I just went and counted them but I may have missed a few or accidentally counted basic once or twice)

Then there's the fact that some breeds have Sexual Dimorphism - where the males and females look different. Two good examples are Coatl's and bogsneaks; Coatl's have different feather placement on their head/neck depending on gender and the headfins on Bogsneaks are also different - females have one and males have two. For the dragon breeds who are dimorphic, their work would essentially be doubled compared to the rest of the dragons who aren't dimorphic.
My suggestion threads:
[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2023-01-31 12:05:33" ] I would support this but... the workload is positively massive, and for some of the older breeds, the transition from old hatchie art to new adolescent art to old adult art will be SUPER jarring (thinking about how Crim doesn't really look like a Tundra, for example, or also about how Fae were some of the first things drawn for the site). It doesn't seem like it would work without redoing ALL the breed art for Flight Rising 2 or something, and at that point why bother? I do support having NPCs with adolescent features (like Swipp's kids), for what that's worth? [/quote] It's a cool concept for sure, but this is why I say no support.
Renaiwom wrote on 2023-01-31 12:05:33:
I would support this but... the workload is positively massive, and for some of the older breeds, the transition from old hatchie art to new adolescent art to old adult art will be SUPER jarring (thinking about how Crim doesn't really look like a Tundra, for example, or also about how Fae were some of the first things drawn for the site).

It doesn't seem like it would work without redoing ALL the breed art for Flight Rising 2 or something, and at that point why bother?

I do support having NPCs with adolescent features (like Swipp's kids), for what that's worth?

It's a cool concept for sure, but this is why I say no support.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
Ok so how about this: This is the stage between days 5- when the dragon can breed. Now, they can still fight n stuff during this time.

Also I think the reason we haven't gotten skins for babies and we wouldn't get skins if these dragons ever existed is because the devs would have to make it so only permababied or "perma-adolescent" dragons could have skins, otherwise it could get confusing of what to do when the dragon fully ages up.
Ok so how about this: This is the stage between days 5- when the dragon can breed. Now, they can still fight n stuff during this time.

Also I think the reason we haven't gotten skins for babies and we wouldn't get skins if these dragons ever existed is because the devs would have to make it so only permababied or "perma-adolescent" dragons could have skins, otherwise it could get confusing of what to do when the dragon fully ages up.
Do I have an addiction to impulsively buying pretty dragons selling for fodder price of the AH? Yes Do I need help? Maybe Do I want help? NO NONE AT ALL (I want to change this but people have commented on it so now it feels stuck here)
LIo8D8G.gif R9ehyxp.png
Even though the concept is cute, it's simply too much work, seeing as the artists will need to draw all the genes for that breed, and that's... a lot. Seems a huge waste of resources on something temporary.

The same amount of work that is required for creating new poses for 20 existing breeds and hundreds of existing genes can go into creating a dozen of new ancient breeds instead, which is more fun, versatile and long-lasting.
Even though the concept is cute, it's simply too much work, seeing as the artists will need to draw all the genes for that breed, and that's... a lot. Seems a huge waste of resources on something temporary.

The same amount of work that is required for creating new poses for 20 existing breeds and hundreds of existing genes can go into creating a dozen of new ancient breeds instead, which is more fun, versatile and long-lasting.
I like the concept but the work to put in it would be crazy, they already have a substantial amount of stuff they're constantly doing.
I like the concept but the work to put in it would be crazy, they already have a substantial amount of stuff they're constantly doing.
[quote name="MangoDeRainWonk" date="2023-02-01 08:35:50" ] Ok so how about this: This is the stage between days 5- when the dragon can breed. Now, they can still fight n stuff during this time. Also I think the reason we haven't gotten skins for babies and we wouldn't get skins if these dragons ever existed is because the devs would have to make it so only permababied or "perma-adolescent" dragons could have skins, otherwise it could get confusing of what to do when the dragon fully ages up. [/quote] So we can’t dress dragons until they’re RTB? No thanks.
MangoDeRainWonk wrote on 2023-02-01 08:35:50:

So we can’t dress dragons until they’re RTB? No thanks.
giphy.gifold_mansig.pngmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
[quote name="finnamony" date="2023-01-31 18:14:25" ] [quote name="Shinyumbreon" date="2023-01-31 08:02:06" ] No support, this would be a ton of work for something that only lasts a few days. With redrawing all the genes + new poses, it’s the same amount of work as making a new ancient, minus it actually being a new breed [/quote] Although i do like the concept, I agree that it may not be something that would be feesable Maybe if it a separate function? Like an adolescent scroll? [/quote] That doesn't change anything. They would still have to make all of the art.
finnamony wrote on 2023-01-31 18:14:25:
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2023-01-31 08:02:06:
No support, this would be a ton of work for something that only lasts a few days.

With redrawing all the genes + new poses, it’s the same amount of work as making a new ancient, minus it actually being a new breed
Although i do like the concept, I agree that it may not be something that would be feesable
Maybe if it a separate function? Like an adolescent scroll?
That doesn't change anything. They would still have to make all of the art.
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
No support for the original idea.

Support for official site art showing the awkward teen growth? Big yes.
No support for the original idea.

Support for official site art showing the awkward teen growth? Big yes.
1 2 3 4