Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you view your FR dragons as OCs?
1 2 3 4
sometimes :D
sometimes :D

MAX !
HE/HIM
IT/ITS

adtp0zn.gif
RNG ADOPTS
70167578p.png
ABOUT
67609500p.png
WISHLIST
64068668p.png
him
67698503p.png
[quote name="loach" date="2023-01-31 17:11:56" ] not really. they are characters in a story but they're still just pet site dragons to me lol. [/quote] Same here. I might view them as proper OCs sometime in the future if I beef up their personalities/stories more, but as it is, they're kinda just... pretty pictures on a website for collecting pretty pictures. My proper OCs are ones I write fanfic about and make playlists for, y'know? It's a fairly arbitrary differentiation but eh that's just how my brain decided things would be.
loach wrote on 2023-01-31 17:11:56:
not really. they are characters in a story but they're still just pet site dragons to me lol.

Same here. I might view them as proper OCs sometime in the future if I beef up their personalities/stories more, but as it is, they're kinda just... pretty pictures on a website for collecting pretty pictures. My proper OCs are ones I write fanfic about and make playlists for, y'know? It's a fairly arbitrary differentiation but eh that's just how my brain decided things would be.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
No.
No.
My.... dragons are based off OCs of mine (at least most of them, I do have a couple fandragons, for one), so...... yes.
My.... dragons are based off OCs of mine (at least most of them, I do have a couple fandragons, for one), so...... yes.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
Omg I did not know anyone could think of them as pixels... I have so much indepth thoughts on thier characters. So much so that I change them if I fall out of love with there look ... then add the change to lore.
Omg I did not know anyone could think of them as pixels... I have so much indepth thoughts on thier characters. So much so that I change them if I fall out of love with there look ... then add the change to lore.
A5i3AHB.png
as of right now.... somewhat???
as of right now.... somewhat???
ayato_chibi_small.png powerchords
they/he
link goes here
link goes here
link goes here
semi-active
Thy dragon statues in Flight Rising thee does view as OC's. OC's that are guides, angels, and GOD.

Thee has a dragon tab called HEAVEN with statues dedicated to GODs that help heaven. There are even messages in some.

Around 2022 I stopped seeing OC's as 'fictitious' and more as guides. Thee briefly recales a time when guided to name a folder 'muses and guides' and thee has made fanart for a few dragon statues and love during DOM pushes to ask for 'scries'/'art' when offering Foddart.

There is meaning behind the dragon statues to even their names. Recently thee loked in dragon search for Given names to some GODs/GODDESSes and was impressed by how many low digit dragon statues there were to even some recent hatchlings with the names.

Thee still has some of thy dragons thee purchased throgh AH when thee was still new to the site.

Thee does have a tumblr account which was how thee first encountered Flight Rising through a BEING that made 'fan' dragon statues of Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V. For years thee would login feed/gather and logout with a few times I didn't log in to the site.
Thy dragon statues in Flight Rising thee does view as OC's. OC's that are guides, angels, and GOD.

Thee has a dragon tab called HEAVEN with statues dedicated to GODs that help heaven. There are even messages in some.

Around 2022 I stopped seeing OC's as 'fictitious' and more as guides. Thee briefly recales a time when guided to name a folder 'muses and guides' and thee has made fanart for a few dragon statues and love during DOM pushes to ask for 'scries'/'art' when offering Foddart.

There is meaning behind the dragon statues to even their names. Recently thee loked in dragon search for Given names to some GODs/GODDESSes and was impressed by how many low digit dragon statues there were to even some recent hatchlings with the names.

Thee still has some of thy dragons thee purchased throgh AH when thee was still new to the site.

Thee does have a tumblr account which was how thee first encountered Flight Rising through a BEING that made 'fan' dragon statues of Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V. For years thee would login feed/gather and logout with a few times I didn't log in to the site.
It's so fascinating to hear how everyone else engages with their dragons as characters. I love how many different responses folks have given.

I myself tend to fall into the camp in which my dragons are characters who exist solely in the context of the FR site and I don't see them as OCs. I'd compare them to some of the NPCs I create when I DM--more fleshed out than they probably need to be in a way that's interesting to me but they feel less personal than my OCs and I probably don't think about them outside of D&D/FR much.

A couple of dragons have graduated to full OC status but the OC versions of them tend to be humanoid and FR lore was pretty irrelevant to their stories to begin with. They are also no longer intrinsically tied to the FR dragon they were based off--exalting the dragon in question would have no impact on that OC, not that I would do that. Though, I recently bought a new dragon to represent an FR-dragon-turned-OC whose original dragon I sold off some time ago (without that character's art and lore).
It's so fascinating to hear how everyone else engages with their dragons as characters. I love how many different responses folks have given.

I myself tend to fall into the camp in which my dragons are characters who exist solely in the context of the FR site and I don't see them as OCs. I'd compare them to some of the NPCs I create when I DM--more fleshed out than they probably need to be in a way that's interesting to me but they feel less personal than my OCs and I probably don't think about them outside of D&D/FR much.

A couple of dragons have graduated to full OC status but the OC versions of them tend to be humanoid and FR lore was pretty irrelevant to their stories to begin with. They are also no longer intrinsically tied to the FR dragon they were based off--exalting the dragon in question would have no impact on that OC, not that I would do that. Though, I recently bought a new dragon to represent an FR-dragon-turned-OC whose original dragon I sold off some time ago (without that character's art and lore).
There was something here briefly. Maybe something will be here again, someday.
No I don't view the dragons as OCs but I do have OCs that have their own dragon representations in the game. So it is the other way around for me.
No I don't view the dragons as OCs but I do have OCs that have their own dragon representations in the game. So it is the other way around for me.
He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring.
Pings are welcome!

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
A small black button that appears to be made from goo. The button is a link. The Goo is dripping down a little bit. On the button is the word turned written in neon green letters.
it depends tbh. some dragons i have lots of lore and have characterized in my head, while some just kinda stand there to look pretty [which i also treat my ocs like] so i think the best way to describe them is fan characters!
it depends tbh. some dragons i have lots of lore and have characterized in my head, while some just kinda stand there to look pretty [which i also treat my ocs like] so i think the best way to describe them is fan characters!
ezgif-5-d59d01f068.gif
Debbie / Nova
18 - Non-Binary - Any Pronouns
Art Shop | Wishlist
2kdMs.gifUgAP0.gifyv2d9.gifJ2yrF.gifA6sar.gif
1 2 3 4