Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | universal apparel
1 2
basically just let us put things like the flower falls and the breezes on all dragons including hatchlings it's just an effect you stick over them I doubt it would take much coding and it would be like the only thing any dragon can wear... you don't need arms and legs for it you don't need wings, or basically any body parts for it... even if we got an ancient that was literally a vaguely dragon shaped cloud of dust these particular items would work
basically just let us put things like the flower falls and the breezes on all dragons including hatchlings it's just an effect you stick over them I doubt it would take much coding and it would be like the only thing any dragon can wear... you don't need arms and legs for it you don't need wings, or basically any body parts for it... even if we got an ancient that was literally a vaguely dragon shaped cloud of dust these particular items would work
A version of this I prefer is 'foreground items' that work with any dragon.

The problem with putting any apparel on ancients is things like

- Having some apparel that works and some that doesn't is confusing, and what seems like an intuitive set to one person will seem wrong to another

- 'This apparel is basically environmental why can't we have it too' (e.g. sage lanterns, banners etc)

- Any new environmental apparel also needs to be drawn on ancients or risk confusing the what is/isn't available issue even further, which means either no more apparel of that type or the ever-increasing apparel backlog that ancients were specifically designed to avoid.

The problem with putting any apparel on ancients is things like

- Having some apparel that works and some that doesn't is confusing, and what seems like an intuitive set to one person will seem wrong to another

- 'This apparel is basically environmental why can't we have it too' (e.g. sage lanterns, banners etc)

- Any new environmental apparel also needs to be drawn on ancients or risk confusing the what is/isn't available issue even further, which means either no more apparel of that type or the ever-increasing apparel backlog that ancients were specifically designed to avoid.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
no support - everyone always wants exceptions to the no apparel rule for ancients because of flowerfalls or swirls or whatever floating apparel there is, but you make exceptions for some then you have to make exceptions for more and more because of xyz reasons.

people really just need to accept that they will not make apparel for ancients.
no support - everyone always wants exceptions to the no apparel rule for ancients because of flowerfalls or swirls or whatever floating apparel there is, but you make exceptions for some then you have to make exceptions for more and more because of xyz reasons.

41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Only if we get geniunely linebreaking genes for moderns and not just tiny things like Firefly and Spikes, ty
Only if we get geniunely linebreaking genes for moderns and not just tiny things like Firefly and Spikes, ty
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-01-30 13:40:28" ] no support - everyone always wants exceptions to the no apparel rule for ancients because of flowerfalls or swirls or whatever floating apparel there is, but you make exceptions for some then you have to make exceptions for more and more because of xyz reasons. people really just need to accept that they will not make apparel for ancients. [/quote] This tbh
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-01-30 13:40:28:

This tbh
3adgzZD.pnggE96VFA.pngGJVtuPg.png
GIQnAA5.pngSM9WJh6.pngAMyO6Hf.png
[quote name="paradeyes" date="2023-01-30 14:38:51" ] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-01-30 13:40:28" ] no support - everyone always wants exceptions to the no apparel rule for ancients because of flowerfalls or swirls or whatever floating apparel there is, but you make exceptions for some then you have to make exceptions for more and more because of xyz reasons. people really just need to accept that they will not make apparel for ancients. [/quote] This tbh [/quote] ^Joining the "this" choir but I fully support something that has come up in Suggestions before - a separate "foreground" class of items that can be used on all dragons. Making apparel exceptions for ancients and/or permababies is a slippery slope that leads to more and more exceptions and the whole point of ancients was they don't wear apparel because of the line-breaking genes, but a new class of foreground items like rain, magic runes, etc would be win-win.
paradeyes wrote on 2023-01-30 14:38:51:
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-01-30 13:40:28:

This tbh

^Joining the "this" choir but I fully support something that has come up in Suggestions before - a separate "foreground" class of items that can be used on all dragons. Making apparel exceptions for ancients and/or permababies is a slippery slope that leads to more and more exceptions and the whole point of ancients was they don't wear apparel because of the line-breaking genes, but a new class of foreground items like rain, magic runes, etc would be win-win.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
I can suggest make scens with very unbysy background and "floating tiny objects" spread at scene: Autumn leafs, pettals, snowflakes, rain drops, glow bugs, confety, ect. Thus it uplicable to any dragon and work as "back apparel" what Vendrus wanted.
I can suggest make scens with very unbysy background and "floating tiny objects" spread at scene: Autumn leafs, pettals, snowflakes, rain drops, glow bugs, confety, ect. Thus it uplicable to any dragon and work as "back apparel" what Vendrus wanted.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2023-01-31 09:44:05" ] I can suggest make scens with very unbysy background and "floating tiny objects" spread at scene: Autumn leafs, pettals, snowflakes, rain drops, glow bugs, confety, ect. Thus it uplicable to any dragon and work as "back apparel" what Vendrus wanted. [/quote] Also along these lines someone in a different thread suggested atmospheric filters that could add the effect of rain falling or fog. I think the idea of "foreground" objects has more versatility than apparel.
Alkhor wrote on 2023-01-31 09:44:05:
Also along these lines someone in a different thread suggested atmospheric filters that could add the effect of rain falling or fog. I think the idea of "foreground" objects has more versatility than apparel.
Y02PS6v.png
[quote name="Vendrus" date="2023-01-30 13:11:10" ] A version of this I prefer is 'foreground items' that work with any dragon. [/quote] Pretty much this. I'd like to be able to equip it similar to how we do a Scene. Things like raindrops, a breeze with leaves, flower falls, lanterns, etc. can go there. This way there wouldn't be a snowball effect of people going "this apparel works on Ancients so why doesn't this one?" and they can still get the same effect.
Vendrus wrote on 2023-01-30 13:11:10:

Pretty much this. I'd like to be able to equip it similar to how we do a Scene. Things like raindrops, a breeze with leaves, flower falls, lanterns, etc. can go there. This way there wouldn't be a snowball effect of people going "this apparel works on Ancients so why doesn't this one?" and they can still get the same effect.
[quote name="@Corviknight" date="2023-01-30 14:33:44" ] Only if we get geniunely linebreaking genes for moderns and not just tiny things like Firefly and Spikes, ty [/quote] 1. the post is about [b]apparel[/b] 2. that's not even a valid trade off
@Corviknight wrote on 2023-01-30 14:33:44:

1. the post is about apparel
2. that's not even a valid trade off
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
1 2