Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | ETA on new banners/bgs???
This is a question for staff and staff Only. I will not read replies to this until there is a Dev Response.

That being said, as I said in this thread, I find the forced graphical update to be invasive, unwanted, and triggering.

I can not afford to change flights under the best of circumstances because the pay gate is COMPLETELY prohibitive.

How much longer must I avoid this site before I can stand to look at my own profile again??? You promised us more graphics so I sat pretty and took a hiatus, but now I have missed out on a LOT of things I wish I had and I'm actually in tears from how upset I am about it.

WHEN will there be new graphics? WHY should I have to PAY for something I didn't AGREE to be forced on me to GET AWAY from it???
This is a question for staff and staff Only. I will not read replies to this until there is a Dev Response.

That being said, as I said in this thread, I find the forced graphical update to be invasive, unwanted, and triggering.

I can not afford to change flights under the best of circumstances because the pay gate is COMPLETELY prohibitive.

How much longer must I avoid this site before I can stand to look at my own profile again??? You promised us more graphics so I sat pretty and took a hiatus, but now I have missed out on a LOT of things I wish I had and I'm actually in tears from how upset I am about it.

WHEN will there be new graphics? WHY should I have to PAY for something I didn't AGREE to be forced on me to GET AWAY from it???
hwrXuRn.png
@SandsweptShaman
you're gonna be more likely to get an actual response to this if you make a support ticket about it
@SandsweptShaman
you're gonna be more likely to get an actual response to this if you make a support ticket about it
unknown.png
As the above user said, you are highly unlikely to get a staff response here. The help forum is primarily for users to help other users.

A faster (and cheaper) solution could be to use the uBlock extension on Firefox. It allows you to change and remove parts of website display, such as FR's banners.
As the above user said, you are highly unlikely to get a staff response here. The help forum is primarily for users to help other users.

A faster (and cheaper) solution could be to use the uBlock extension on Firefox. It allows you to change and remove parts of website display, such as FR's banners.
aasolsmall.pngaa
mags
they/vae
fr +8
drymmsmallsmall.png
Guys, don't bother giving this person advice, in the OP they outright said they're not going to read anything here until one of the devs personally responds to them.
Guys, don't bother giving this person advice, in the OP they outright said they're not going to read anything here until one of the devs personally responds to them.
@Teeka I am aware, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Even if they don't see it, other people with the same question could find this thread helpful.
@Teeka I am aware, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Even if they don't see it, other people with the same question could find this thread helpful.
aasolsmall.pngaa
mags
they/vae
fr +8
drymmsmallsmall.png
Hello @SandsweptShaman. I understand you are frustrated, but the Staff of Flight Rising rarely answers questions in the Help Forum. Your question is better directed to the Staff via Contact Us.

I feel it's necessary to point out, however, that the Staff have a policy of never giving ETAs.
Hello @SandsweptShaman. I understand you are frustrated, but the Staff of Flight Rising rarely answers questions in the Help Forum. Your question is better directed to the Staff via Contact Us.

I feel it's necessary to point out, however, that the Staff have a policy of never giving ETAs.
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@SandsweptShaman This doesn't answer your question necessarily, but I imagine it would improve your quality of life and at least allow you to play in the meantime, since this is bothering you a lot: I highly recommend installing an adblocker, selecting "block element" while in your lair, and then clicking on the banner to block it. Then you'll be able to play without having to look at that specific banner. If you don't want to have to go to your lair to look, this is the url: [code]/static/layout/plague/top-banner.jpg[/code] If you go to your adblocker settings and then find where you can add custom filters, you can paste that url bit into there. If you want to know how to do this with a specific adblocker, feel free to PM me and I can send screenshots.
@SandsweptShaman This doesn't answer your question necessarily, but I imagine it would improve your quality of life and at least allow you to play in the meantime, since this is bothering you a lot: I highly recommend installing an adblocker, selecting "block element" while in your lair, and then clicking on the banner to block it.

Then you'll be able to play without having to look at that specific banner. If you don't want to have to go to your lair to look, this is the url:
Code:
/static/layout/plague/top-banner.jpg

If you go to your adblocker settings and then find where you can add custom filters, you can paste that url bit into there. If you want to know how to do this with a specific adblocker, feel free to PM me and I can send screenshots.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)