Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | This project is gonna spend how much???
[center][b]For simplicity's sake, I'll be counting 1kt as 1g.[/b] I wanted to share my future main dragon while, document the whole process I've devised to obtain him, and my repeated shock as the price tag just kept getting bigger and bigger[/center] [columns][center][size=5][b]The Price[/b][/size] [b]Skin[/b] 1600 [b]Genes[/b] 1190 [b]Nesting[/b] FREE! [b]Parents[/b] 500 [nextcol][color=white][size=4]b u f f e r[/size][nextcol][center][b][size=5]The Story[/size][/b][/center] So like, I wanted a specific look for my "main dragon," and I decided on something like this [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/708980416211583036/1068908194782527600/Unholy.png[/img] And I was like cool. This probably won't be too hard. I just need to break the bank for the skin (up to 1600g) and the genes (up to 1,190,000t) so long as a male dragon of the shadow flight and mist/orca/robin exists! Guess what? It doesn't. In fact, there's never been such a dragon once in the entirety of this game and at this point I'm thinking "Well then, guess I gotta do a breeding project." I finally found a couple of dragons that have just the right colors, and my roommate agreed to nest these dragons until I got a male mist/orca/robin dragon! Woohoo! Wait... HOW MUCH ARE THOSE DRAGONS??? [columns][center][b]The Female[/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/785283/78528232.png[/img] 200g[/center][nextcol][center][b]The Male[/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/830929/83092877.png[/img] 300g[/center][/columns] Jengus Christler, thems be some expensive dergs. Of course the cheapest pair of dragons that could make my dragon are both g1's. Why [i]wouldn't[/i] they be???[/columns] [center]So, I've mapped out the process of actually obtaining my dream dragon, which is surprisingly possible! The only issue is that it's going to cost [size=5][size=7]3,290 GEMS[/SIZE] AND WHO KNOWS HOW MANY MONTHS OF BREEDING[/size] As a player that doesn't spend money on games, by the time I realized it was already over 2,000g, I was already lighting a candle in my mind for my other projects that are now going to be put on pause indefinitely. TwT
For simplicity's sake, I'll be counting 1kt as 1g.

I wanted to share my future main dragon while, document the whole process I've devised to obtain him, and my repeated shock as the price tag just kept getting bigger and bigger
The Price

Skin

Genes

Nesting
FREE!

Parents

b
u
f
f
e
r
The
Story
So like, I wanted a specific look for my "main dragon," and I decided on something like this

Unholy.png
And I was like cool. This probably won't be too hard. I just need to break the bank for the skin (up to 1600g) and the genes (up to 1,190,000t) so long as a male dragon of the shadow flight and mist/orca/robin exists! Guess what? It doesn't. In fact, there's never been such a dragon once in the entirety of this game and at this point I'm thinking "Well then, guess I gotta do a breeding project."

I finally found a couple of dragons that have just the right colors, and my roommate agreed to nest these dragons until I got a male mist/orca/robin dragon! Woohoo!

Wait... HOW MUCH ARE THOSE DRAGONS???
The Female
78528232.png
200g
The Male
83092877.png
300g

Jengus Christler, thems be some expensive dergs. Of course the cheapest pair of dragons that could make my dragon are both g1's. Why wouldn't they be???
So, I've mapped out the process of actually obtaining my dream dragon, which is surprisingly possible! The only issue is that it's going to cost

3,290 GEMS
AND WHO KNOWS HOW MANY MONTHS OF BREEDING

As a player that doesn't spend money on games, by the time I realized it was already over 2,000g, I was already lighting a candle in my mind for my other projects that are now going to be put on pause indefinitely. TwT
1tga7xm.gif x
x
x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

not quit no mo
(new signature pending)

x
x
x
x
x
x
1.2.png
*laughs in breeding projects*

Such is the wonderful world of breeding projects. This is the very reason why my lair consists of so very few dragons - I'm so picky with colors I just have to breed them, and of course they always end up being rare XYZ combos so the only things I can breed for are colors, not genes or breeds.

And of COURSE the genes and breeds I like end up being the premium ones.

I've completed six breeding projects like this and I think I've spent more than 10-20k gems on them :')

Really glad FR has made it so it's possible to obtain gems without paying a cent. Since the breeding projects take forever to finish anyway, I use the time breeding to build up the funds to gene and breed-change the dragon when it actually arrives. You just need a looooooooooooot of patience.

Good luck with your breeding project, UnholyFidelity!

*laughs in breeding projects*

Such is the wonderful world of breeding projects. This is the very reason why my lair consists of so very few dragons - I'm so picky with colors I just have to breed them, and of course they always end up being rare XYZ combos so the only things I can breed for are colors, not genes or breeds.

And of COURSE the genes and breeds I like end up being the premium ones.

I've completed six breeding projects like this and I think I've spent more than 10-20k gems on them :')

Really glad FR has made it so it's possible to obtain gems without paying a cent. Since the breeding projects take forever to finish anyway, I use the time breeding to build up the funds to gene and breed-change the dragon when it actually arrives. You just need a looooooooooooot of patience.

Good luck with your breeding project, UnholyFidelity!

. . . . . . . . . riVr93C.png . . . .
Shalom aleichem

FR+15 ... she/her
Good thing I don't do breeding projects anymore.
Instead I'm just in an endless hunt for money because I decided to be full G1 :D

But seriously, your project looks awesome and it's well worth 3kG. I know how painful it feels thinking about the price, I've made multiple projects as wildclaws because I apparently have expensive tastes (and they all have expensive skins too, of course), but it's so satisfying when you finally have it completed!

Even the fact the parents' are both G1s makes him a little more special. May I suggest changing their breed for a plentiful one? It's 100kT more thrown into this project but it'll reduce the time between each nest by half.
Good thing I don't do breeding projects anymore.
Instead I'm just in an endless hunt for money because I decided to be full G1 :D

But seriously, your project looks awesome and it's well worth 3kG. I know how painful it feels thinking about the price, I've made multiple projects as wildclaws because I apparently have expensive tastes (and they all have expensive skins too, of course), but it's so satisfying when you finally have it completed!

Even the fact the parents' are both G1s makes him a little more special. May I suggest changing their breed for a plentiful one? It's 100kT more thrown into this project but it'll reduce the time between each nest by half.
depending on if you're willing to take a little longer on your project I saw this guy for 50kt [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83461718][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/834618/83461718_350.png[/img][/url] He's 2 off mist/platinum/aqua, so it would take a bit but it would cut down some of your costs Good luck with your project! Sometimes all these things need is a bit of patience ~
depending on if you're willing to take a little longer on your project I saw this guy for 50kt

83461718_350.png
He's 2 off mist/platinum/aqua, so it would take a bit but it would cut down some of your costs

Good luck with your project! Sometimes all these things need is a bit of patience ~
vbbxBX.png9QNbhfp.png
Oof... I don't breed but I feel your gening pains! (G1 lair ^^)
Oof... I don't breed but I feel your gening pains! (G1 lair ^^)
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
One time I was thinking of doing a breeding project and the only female in a five color range was like 1kg
One time I was thinking of doing a breeding project and the only female in a five color range was like 1kg
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
UPDATE!

I just did some maths and the average turnout of the colors I need are just barely over 5%, not even considering that I want a male and I don't want to use a silhouette scroll for money and lore purposes

THROUGH THE POWER OF HAGGLING, I'VE BROUGHT DOWN THE PRICE OF THE PARENTS TO 175G AND ONE ART COMMISSION! WOOT!
And also found out the skin is going to be an extra 200g because it has to be a redesign rather than a recolor since the original skin is a personal skin and they want there to be distinct differences, which is totally fine!

Many thanks for the comments and such! It's been great seeing everyone's messages about their experiences and recommendations!

@Eliyanah many thanks for the good vibes! And yeah, about the game giving you options to play without paying is quite possibly the reason why I even still play this game, along with the absolutely wonderful community!

@Ekkinox Thanks! I spent hours trying to find the perfect combination that combined pastel colors and black without looking too samey. I'm definitely considering the plentiful breed thing since I'd only be able to breed the parents once a month as it is. A mirror dragon might also help with explaining away the two extra eyes the skin gives him when I do his lore.

@BeckAlistiere Alas, he wouldn't work because turquoise and aqua are both below robin (the target tertiary color). Thanks so much for the attempt tho! He definitely wasn't up when I first started this project.

@Islet Big rest in peace! I only recently started getting into the world of gening and I find it crazy what kinds of stuff people with Gen1 lairs can do with the random color sets! Y'all are truly a different breed

@Halk Bruh I felt that so hard. I've given up on a few projects in the past because of listings like that TwT
UPDATE!

I just did some maths and the average turnout of the colors I need are just barely over 5%, not even considering that I want a male and I don't want to use a silhouette scroll for money and lore purposes

THROUGH THE POWER OF HAGGLING, I'VE BROUGHT DOWN THE PRICE OF THE PARENTS TO 175G AND ONE ART COMMISSION! WOOT!
And also found out the skin is going to be an extra 200g because it has to be a redesign rather than a recolor since the original skin is a personal skin and they want there to be distinct differences, which is totally fine!

Many thanks for the comments and such! It's been great seeing everyone's messages about their experiences and recommendations!

@Eliyanah many thanks for the good vibes! And yeah, about the game giving you options to play without paying is quite possibly the reason why I even still play this game, along with the absolutely wonderful community!

@Ekkinox Thanks! I spent hours trying to find the perfect combination that combined pastel colors and black without looking too samey. I'm definitely considering the plentiful breed thing since I'd only be able to breed the parents once a month as it is. A mirror dragon might also help with explaining away the two extra eyes the skin gives him when I do his lore.

@BeckAlistiere Alas, he wouldn't work because turquoise and aqua are both below robin (the target tertiary color). Thanks so much for the attempt tho! He definitely wasn't up when I first started this project.

@Islet Big rest in peace! I only recently started getting into the world of gening and I find it crazy what kinds of stuff people with Gen1 lairs can do with the random color sets! Y'all are truly a different breed

@Halk Bruh I felt that so hard. I've given up on a few projects in the past because of listings like that TwT
1tga7xm.gif x
x
x
x
x
x

not quit no mo
(new signature pending)

x
x
x
x
x
x
1.2.png
[center][size=7][b]UPDATE![/b][/size][/center] Finally acquired both parent dragons as well as the necessary gene changes for my dream dragon! At this point, I'm just gening up the parents so they look nice and I can maybe pay back my roommate [s]who is going to be breeding them for me[/s] with pretty babies they can sell. Also, the skin has been made! It looks so pretty, just look at it!!! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/2186503][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=3267432&skin=48913&apparel=10749,10372&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url]
UPDATE!

Finally acquired both parent dragons as well as the necessary gene changes for my dream dragon! At this point, I'm just gening up the parents so they look nice and I can maybe pay back my roommate who is going to be breeding them for me with pretty babies they can sell.

Also, the skin has been made! It looks so pretty, just look at it!!!
scry?sdid=3267432&skin=48913&apparel=10749,10372&xt=dressing.png
1tga7xm.gif x
x
x
x
x
x

not quit no mo
(new signature pending)

x
x
x
x
x
x
1.2.png
@Ekkinox

I am in the very long process of becoming a g1 lair…but I haven’t been able to part with many of my g2s so I’m slowly finding replacements…except for the xxx of course

The struggle for dragon cash is REAL and I have no impulse control when it comes to spending real money on dragon money smh
@Ekkinox

I am in the very long process of becoming a g1 lair…but I haven’t been able to part with many of my g2s so I’m slowly finding replacements…except for the xxx of course

The struggle for dragon cash is REAL and I have no impulse control when it comes to spending real money on dragon money smh
xWvVlRG.png
Rivorn
she/they
fr time +0
pixel shop
output-onlinegiftools-1.gif qO3o9mR.pngaQp8eZz.pngybQJlHz.png
DHc3orZ.png
@Riivorn
Ah, I've been in that weird in-between for a while too! And then one day I thought eff it and just threw away (almost) all non-G1 dragons from my lair. I've kept my imperials for obvious reasons, and 2 other dragons I was a tad too attached to part with but they've been awkwardly skulking in a corner of my hibden since then.

Good luck in your G1 journey!
@Riivorn
Ah, I've been in that weird in-between for a while too! And then one day I thought eff it and just threw away (almost) all non-G1 dragons from my lair. I've kept my imperials for obvious reasons, and 2 other dragons I was a tad too attached to part with but they've been awkwardly skulking in a corner of my hibden since then.

Good luck in your G1 journey!