Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fandragon Parents
1 2 3 4 5
I change the fandragon's lore to match their lineage. I have a fandragon of a Stargate Atlantis who's now the cousin of a Firefly character fandragon. Makes it way more fun.
I change the fandragon's lore to match their lineage. I have a fandragon of a Stargate Atlantis who's now the cousin of a Firefly character fandragon. Makes it way more fun.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="@ShiningLatios" date="2023-01-24 09:30:14" ] none of my fandragons were bred by me so I'm kind of whatever on their lineage. although I find it incredibly funny that my emperor fandragon has a brother from the literal exact same clutch who is ALSO an emperor fandragon owned by a different person so there's that [emoji=imperial tongue size=1] [/quote] oh hey I own the parents to that emperor fandragon haha I was so confused when both of them were named the same so I thought they were exalts at first LOL anyways when I breed my fan dragons I don’t really care about the parent names. If I remember and the parents have names, I’l name them. But oftentimes I forget lol
@ShiningLatios wrote on 2023-01-24 09:30:14:
none of my fandragons were bred by me so I'm kind of whatever on their lineage.
although I find it incredibly funny that my emperor fandragon has a brother from the literal exact same clutch who is ALSO an emperor fandragon owned by a different person so there's that

oh hey I own the parents to that emperor fandragon haha
I was so confused when both of them were named the same so I thought they were exalts at first LOL

anyways when I breed my fan dragons I don’t really care about the parent names. If I remember and the parents have names, I’l name them. But oftentimes I forget lol
52970845778_17c037eedd_o.png ... » She/Her
» Wishlist
» FR Time +3
» G1s For Sale
None of my dragons have parents, so it's not a thing for me.
None of my dragons have parents, so it's not a thing for me.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I went to the effort of breeding a fandragon of one of my non-FR OCs myself, and therefore named her dragon version's parents after her canon ones. She's the only one I've bred myself though, my other non-FR OC fandragons are either gen ones or just have random parents 'cause I bought them off the AH.
I went to the effort of breeding a fandragon of one of my non-FR OCs myself, and therefore named her dragon version's parents after her canon ones. She's the only one I've bred myself though, my other non-FR OC fandragons are either gen ones or just have random parents 'cause I bought them off the AH.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
If I happen to breed them myself, their parents are named something thematic; the names of the characters' canon parents if they have them with...exceptions.

But if I just find them on the AH, well, their parents are whatever they are, and I'm just relieved not to be doing a long breeding project LOLOL.

I almost never keep the parents of my breeding projects, fandragons included. (Though I made an exception for one guy that was SO PRETTY...then I put an invisibility cloak on him because he's a ghost--dead in canon LOLOL)
If I happen to breed them myself, their parents are named something thematic; the names of the characters' canon parents if they have them with...exceptions.

But if I just find them on the AH, well, their parents are whatever they are, and I'm just relieved not to be doing a long breeding project LOLOL.

I almost never keep the parents of my breeding projects, fandragons included. (Though I made an exception for one guy that was SO PRETTY...then I put an invisibility cloak on him because he's a ghost--dead in canon LOLOL)
If they have named parents, then I name em after the parents. My example for that being Yuji here, who's parents are exalted but at least named: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74911868][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/749119/74911868_350.png[/img][/url] If they don't explicitly have parents though, or named parents, then I name them something thematic! Or a joke, if I feel it. Like, for example, with my Daycare Attendant: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81433637][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/814337/81433637_350.png[/img][/url] .... And when I was doing a project for Mahito (I eventually found a G1 and just made do), I believe I named the parents 'Humanity' and then rejects 'Curse' as a joke, and I am sad I lost that. It was a good joke.
If they have named parents, then I name em after the parents. My example for that being Yuji here, who's parents are exalted but at least named:
74911868_350.png

If they don't explicitly have parents though, or named parents, then I name them something thematic! Or a joke, if I feel it. Like, for example, with my Daycare Attendant:
81433637_350.png
.... And when I was doing a project for Mahito (I eventually found a G1 and just made do), I believe I named the parents 'Humanity' and then rejects 'Curse' as a joke, and I am sad I lost that. It was a good joke.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I usually try to get as close to 'actual character parent names' as possible. It's a lot easier with some character than others, lol.

Although, my favorite names are probably the ones that end up something like 'Aperture, Science', 'TheLegend, OfZelda', 'LivingIn, TheLight', 'Hunters, Journal', etc. Obscure reference to the character's origin, or a place the character is mentioned/relevant to, always bring me incredible joy.

That being said, if anyone has ideas for what to name Hunter The Owl House's project parents, PLEASE send me ideas. I'm stumped.
I usually try to get as close to 'actual character parent names' as possible. It's a lot easier with some character than others, lol.

Although, my favorite names are probably the ones that end up something like 'Aperture, Science', 'TheLegend, OfZelda', 'LivingIn, TheLight', 'Hunters, Journal', etc. Obscure reference to the character's origin, or a place the character is mentioned/relevant to, always bring me incredible joy.

That being said, if anyone has ideas for what to name Hunter The Owl House's project parents, PLEASE send me ideas. I'm stumped.
60F6OKB.png
///
» FAQ
» Skins
» Icon Dragon
For my Nathanos Blightcaller project I need to breed some dragons with specific colors and the parents don’t look like anybody so I’m just interested in the names in the lineage looking “relevant” even if his canon parents names aren’t entirely known. I went with Blightcaller for dad and Windrunner for mom because let’s be honest, those two are nigh inseparable (for better or worse), and even though it doesn’t make sense for Nathanos to be his own dad, it’s the best I could do [emoji=mirror size=1]
For my Nathanos Blightcaller project I need to breed some dragons with specific colors and the parents don’t look like anybody so I’m just interested in the names in the lineage looking “relevant” even if his canon parents names aren’t entirely known.

I went with Blightcaller for dad and Windrunner for mom because let’s be honest, those two are nigh inseparable (for better or worse), and even though it doesn’t make sense for Nathanos to be his own dad, it’s the best I could do

Everyone is a time traveler. I just do it faster!

Vellichor / The Doctor | They/It/He | +3 FR
I normally don't really care what the fandragon's parents are. A lot of the times I look for dragons that are going to be exalted with the colors I am looking for. I have done some breeding projects for fandragons, but I did not keep the parents. Also one of the projects I did the canon parents are unknown so I came up with something that fit the theme. If I did try to go with the canon parents names I would probably end up turning them into a fandragon too, and I don't need any more fandragon projects XD. I do have one that has his parents as his canon parents. I got lucky with my Zagreus fandragon. He was going to be exalted and his parents happened to be Hades and Persephone! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75193083][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/751931/75193083_350.png[/img][/url]
I normally don't really care what the fandragon's parents are. A lot of the times I look for dragons that are going to be exalted with the colors I am looking for. I have done some breeding projects for fandragons, but I did not keep the parents. Also one of the projects I did the canon parents are unknown so I came up with something that fit the theme. If I did try to go with the canon parents names I would probably end up turning them into a fandragon too, and I don't need any more fandragon projects XD. I do have one that has his parents as his canon parents. I got lucky with my Zagreus fandragon. He was going to be exalted and his parents happened to be Hades and Persephone!
75193083_350.png
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
I've got two fandragons with their actual identity as their parent names <3 Harley Quinn and Riddler (very lowkey working on a Scarecrow too) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80099745][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/800998/80099745_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82059494][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2971253&skin=0&apparel=37386,3286,33697,34161,34159,34156,34163,35533,10878&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url]
I've got two fandragons with their actual identity as their parent names <3 Harley Quinn and Riddler (very lowkey working on a Scarecrow too)
80099745_350.png
scry?sdid=2971253&skin=0&apparel=37386,3286,33697,34161,34159,34156,34163,35533,10878&xt=dressing.png
__________________69065274.png FObX7rS.png
z3FSuck.png
rix3ppo.png
co3WWXY.png
lAvpyOQ.png
69065273.png
1 2 3 4 5