Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Bored of FR? [long post]
1 2 3 4
Absolutely take a break if you're bored. I was gone for years before I picked the game up again, and anytime I feel that itch of unfun I just stop playing. Your account, dragons and items won't go anywhere, y'know? So it's pretty safe to step away and take a vacation. :)
Absolutely take a break if you're bored. I was gone for years before I picked the game up again, and anytime I feel that itch of unfun I just stop playing. Your account, dragons and items won't go anywhere, y'know? So it's pretty safe to step away and take a vacation. :)
KGgmNwi.png
Lucca or Squid
zTn96gl.png
oaolHwW.png
PRICTGJ.png
fkWjutW.png
WQA384m.png
sZsxSDS.png
My interests come and go in waves. I think it's normal. One month I'll be more into drawing, another reading, another FR, etc. Sometimes I have multiples, other times I just take a break from something for awhile.

I took about a two year break from FR and I've been back consistently for about a year and I don't see myself stopping playing anytime soon. I think breaks are often necessary. It's your mind/body telling you this particular thing isn't interesting you enough at the moment, and maybe you come back to it later, or even not at all.
My interests come and go in waves. I think it's normal. One month I'll be more into drawing, another reading, another FR, etc. Sometimes I have multiples, other times I just take a break from something for awhile.

I took about a two year break from FR and I've been back consistently for about a year and I don't see myself stopping playing anytime soon. I think breaks are often necessary. It's your mind/body telling you this particular thing isn't interesting you enough at the moment, and maybe you come back to it later, or even not at all.
wsC9LP4.jpg
[quote name="OreoMilkshake" date="2023-01-23 16:00:05" ] I've played for almost 10 years and I've definitely taken breaks but I've come back to the site afterwards. Maybe it's time to find something else to occupy your life for a while? FR will (probably) be there in the future. I think the upcoming Achievements system might spark your interest again. I'm wondering if you have other hobbies? [/quote] Big same. I've been on and off for YEARS and it honestly makes the game more enjoyable for me that way. FR scratches that very casual itch, but unless you're into art and lore there's just not a whole lot to do. It's fine to take breaks and come back and see all the new stuff.
OreoMilkshake wrote on 2023-01-23 16:00:05:
I've played for almost 10 years and I've definitely taken breaks but I've come back to the site afterwards. Maybe it's time to find something else to occupy your life for a while? FR will (probably) be there in the future. I think the upcoming Achievements system might spark your interest again. I'm wondering if you have other hobbies?
Big same. I've been on and off for YEARS and it honestly makes the game more enjoyable for me that way. FR scratches that very casual itch, but unless you're into art and lore there's just not a whole lot to do. It's fine to take breaks and come back and see all the new stuff.
iK0jgh4.png
Taking breaks helps a ton. I’ve taken breaks spanning from months to years. Being away just helps you not get sick of the game so when you come back everything feels fresh and fun again.

Another thing that helped me keep interest in the game is looking for non traditional places to have fun. What I mean is engaging in user made events and whatnot like dom programs and discord events. These are the things that keep FR fresh to me.
Taking breaks helps a ton. I’ve taken breaks spanning from months to years. Being away just helps you not get sick of the game so when you come back everything feels fresh and fun again.

Another thing that helped me keep interest in the game is looking for non traditional places to have fun. What I mean is engaging in user made events and whatnot like dom programs and discord events. These are the things that keep FR fresh to me.
8atStKf.png8KhZull.png
I've been off and on the site for the past 8 years and sometimes I won't play for a year at a time then come back and binge for months. Take a break and try another game; the game will be here when you come back
I've been off and on the site for the past 8 years and sometimes I won't play for a year at a time then come back and binge for months. Take a break and try another game; the game will be here when you come back
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
I just can't let myself take a break. I'd be so upset to notice I missed an update which I could be profiting in-game from, such as a new breed, or missing pings, missing pms, etc... I can't let myself break the 2-year streak of playing basically once every single day... I don't know how to get out of it because I feel too attached!
I just can't let myself take a break. I'd be so upset to notice I missed an update which I could be profiting in-game from, such as a new breed, or missing pings, missing pms, etc... I can't let myself break the 2-year streak of playing basically once every single day... I don't know how to get out of it because I feel too attached!
IMG_3849.png
[quote name="RallraxAuri" date="2023-01-24 14:29:12" ] I just can't let myself take a break. I'd be so upset to notice I missed an update which I could be profiting in-game from, such as a new breed, or missing pings, missing pms, etc... I can't let myself break the 2-year streak of playing basically once every single day... I don't know how to get out of it because I feel too attached! [/quote] I guess you can go about it where you can do things like dailies and use the rest of your energy for something else when boredom hits. Though given my own constant "...I don't want to do this..." feeling towards fairgrounds and familiar bonding, I guess just touch any part of the site to avoid missing out like gathering and feeding dragons. There's also the ability to follow FR's tumblr blog and flight rising fan artists to keep up on updates and still get community reactions to big events. I've been slowly redirecting my attention to new shows and life things to help deal with it. I say slow because it's hard for me to start artwork or programming without a lot of inspiration to do it.
RallraxAuri wrote on 2023-01-24 14:29:12:
I guess you can go about it where you can do things like dailies and use the rest of your energy for something else when boredom hits.

Though given my own constant "...I don't want to do this..." feeling towards fairgrounds and familiar bonding, I guess just touch any part of the site to avoid missing out like gathering and feeding dragons.

There's also the ability to follow FR's tumblr blog and flight rising fan artists to keep up on updates and still get community reactions to big events.

I've been slowly redirecting my attention to new shows and life things to help deal with it.

I say slow because it's hard for me to start artwork or programming without a lot of inspiration to do it.
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
I can sort of pick out several distinct periods in the last 7 years I've been on FR where I was active and a lot more where I wasn't, and sometimes I went inactive for over a year at a time.

The main thing keeping me here these days are dom battles - something about working together with your flight in a friendly one-on-one with the entirety of another flight is super fun, and even if you're just a spectator watching the dominance board flip over the week is entertaining too. Unfortunately it doesn't look like there will be any in the next year, so there's a high chance I might slip into inactivity again.

Do I have a fear of missing out on big updates? Not really. They'll still be here whenever I log back on, and I can slowly go through the changelog to discover what's new.

Something I think that's helped with motivation is forcing myself to keep as small of a lair as I can. I have to make sure the dragons I'm investing into I'll want to keep around for an extended period of time.

There's nothing wrong with needing a break. Sometimes in my downtime I'd just visit the front page without logging in to see what was new. Otherwise I'd log in, feed my dragons with the intent of going active again, then forget about the site again the next day. You're allowed to let go for a bit, you're not going to 'fall behind' if you step back for some time.
I can sort of pick out several distinct periods in the last 7 years I've been on FR where I was active and a lot more where I wasn't, and sometimes I went inactive for over a year at a time.

The main thing keeping me here these days are dom battles - something about working together with your flight in a friendly one-on-one with the entirety of another flight is super fun, and even if you're just a spectator watching the dominance board flip over the week is entertaining too. Unfortunately it doesn't look like there will be any in the next year, so there's a high chance I might slip into inactivity again.

Do I have a fear of missing out on big updates? Not really. They'll still be here whenever I log back on, and I can slowly go through the changelog to discover what's new.

Something I think that's helped with motivation is forcing myself to keep as small of a lair as I can. I have to make sure the dragons I'm investing into I'll want to keep around for an extended period of time.

There's nothing wrong with needing a break. Sometimes in my downtime I'd just visit the front page without logging in to see what was new. Otherwise I'd log in, feed my dragons with the intent of going active again, then forget about the site again the next day. You're allowed to let go for a bit, you're not going to 'fall behind' if you step back for some time.
XgFzLz3.gif
I agree with you about the festivals. It seems they were a lot more fun back when I joined in 2016. I was so excited for the current festival, but after 5 minutes, I had bought what I wanted and then I just didn't care anymore, and ice used to be my favorite festival.
I agree with you about the festivals. It seems they were a lot more fun back when I joined in 2016. I was so excited for the current festival, but after 5 minutes, I had bought what I wanted and then I just didn't care anymore, and ice used to be my favorite festival.
tumblr_nik7m7KDt61r6570qo4_500.gif
Like everyone else is saying here I’d suggest taking a hiatus. It’s helpful to take a break even for a little while! Every once in a while I feel bored with not just FR but also other games, especially the ones I’ve played for a few years time. Not that I’ve been bored with this game though, there’s always something new here I find out about and get obsessed about it lol
Like everyone else is saying here I’d suggest taking a hiatus. It’s helpful to take a break even for a little while! Every once in a while I feel bored with not just FR but also other games, especially the ones I’ve played for a few years time. Not that I’ve been bored with this game though, there’s always something new here I find out about and get obsessed about it lol

dtrawr.gif
1 2 3 4