Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Underbelly by Default
1 2 3
Support for Underbelly

Hesitant on Stained, edging towards no support
Support for Underbelly

Hesitant on Stained, edging towards no support
Support for releasing both Underbelly and Stained for all ancients upon release of new ancient breeds. Stained is a gem gene, the site needs gem revenue (yes you can buy Stained for treasure or convert treasure to gems on the forums without having to spend a dime BUT), and Stained is a known tert-saver for g1s so it just makes logical sense to me that we should have Stained immediately available when new ancient breeds are released.

(I'd like Soap too because Soap can be REALLY nice but I know that's probably pushing it.)
Support for releasing both Underbelly and Stained for all ancients upon release of new ancient breeds. Stained is a gem gene, the site needs gem revenue (yes you can buy Stained for treasure or convert treasure to gems on the forums without having to spend a dime BUT), and Stained is a known tert-saver for g1s so it just makes logical sense to me that we should have Stained immediately available when new ancient breeds are released.

(I'd like Soap too because Soap can be REALLY nice but I know that's probably pushing it.)
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
100% support this and stained as well.
100% support this and stained as well.
Silent | Nonbinary - They/Them | Icon Dragon
For sure if it's just a matter of things that are already in the file! And Stained, as people are saying.

If it DOES happen that Underbelly requires more art than simply selecting certain things that are already in the file, I'd still like it to be a widely-available gene for Ancients, since it's a good staple to be able to have, and barring very weird dragon poses, shouldn't require too much planning with the pattern and such
For sure if it's just a matter of things that are already in the file! And Stained, as people are saying.

If it DOES happen that Underbelly requires more art than simply selecting certain things that are already in the file, I'd still like it to be a widely-available gene for Ancients, since it's a good staple to be able to have, and barring very weird dragon poses, shouldn't require too much planning with the pattern and such
[quote name="Contaminate" date="2023-01-13 04:26:35" ] [quote name="Alize" date="2023-01-12 16:25:47" ] I don't like saddling staff with "haves". Saying every breed has to have it sets up expectations that there will be future genes that every breed will have to have. Also, underbelly does not look flattering on every breed. I much prefer staff to make line-breaking genes for ancients rather than the same-old genes that every other dragon has. [/quote] Underbelly coverage area is already assigned in the PSD file. [/quote] I don't think underbelly coverage is already in the PSD file, if I remember correctly the Aberration went through a few changes when it came to the capsule gene, which covers roughly the same area as underbelly.
Contaminate wrote on 2023-01-13 04:26:35:
Alize wrote on 2023-01-12 16:25:47:
I don't like saddling staff with "haves". Saying every breed has to have it sets up expectations that there will be future genes that every breed will have to have. Also, underbelly does not look flattering on every breed. I much prefer staff to make line-breaking genes for ancients rather than the same-old genes that every other dragon has.

Underbelly coverage area is already assigned in the PSD file.

I don't think underbelly coverage is already in the PSD file, if I remember correctly the Aberration went through a few changes when it came to the capsule gene, which covers roughly the same area as underbelly.
Y02PS6v.png
underbelly, stained, and that sparkle gene. Stuff that really isn't that much effort to implement, especially since half the breeds already have capsule?? Capsule uses the same lines as underbelly
underbelly, stained, and that sparkle gene. Stuff that really isn't that much effort to implement, especially since half the breeds already have capsule?? Capsule uses the same lines as underbelly
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
Support!

I think this is a great idea!
Support!

I think this is a great idea!
[quote name="Alize" date="2023-01-12 16:25:47" ] I don't like saddling staff with "haves". Saying every breed has to have it sets up expectations that there will be future genes that every breed will have to have. [/quote] yep yep yep. i don't have an issue with underbelly, but i like ancient dragons specifically because of their unique genes (linebreaking or not). i understand wanting "staple" genes like underbelly and stained, but i seriously don't think any gene needs to be a constant across all breeds.
Alize wrote on 2023-01-12 16:25:47:
I don't like saddling staff with "haves". Saying every breed has to have it sets up expectations that there will be future genes that every breed will have to have.

yep yep yep. i don't have an issue with underbelly, but i like ancient dragons specifically because of their unique genes (linebreaking or not). i understand wanting "staple" genes like underbelly and stained, but i seriously don't think any gene needs to be a constant across all breeds.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sailor
she/he
milkchai-cacat.png
Support, pretty much agree.
Support, pretty much agree.
arcane_space_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3g.png

Hey! I’m Ashstream, or Ash.. Hiya!
full support: basic tertiary genes like underbelly should be an automatic inclusion for all future ancient breeds - there's no reason it shouldn't be
full support: basic tertiary genes like underbelly should be an automatic inclusion for all future ancient breeds - there's no reason it shouldn't be
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
1 2 3