Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why the peacock hate?
1 2 3 4 5 6
I'll admit it's my least-liked gene, mostly because it feels a little more like stickers to me. It also rarely works with the colors I like to use. I also am more a fan of the organic, messy genes, and peacock is a little too clean and perfect for my tastes--in addition to that I like the really busy primaries and secondaries, so another busy tert with a wide color range is usually too much for what I do. But I've totally seen it work in some situations, it's just usually one that I never check when scrying a dragon. I actually do like that it's on the shoulders though.
I'll admit it's my least-liked gene, mostly because it feels a little more like stickers to me. It also rarely works with the colors I like to use. I also am more a fan of the organic, messy genes, and peacock is a little too clean and perfect for my tastes--in addition to that I like the really busy primaries and secondaries, so another busy tert with a wide color range is usually too much for what I do. But I've totally seen it work in some situations, it's just usually one that I never check when scrying a dragon. I actually do like that it's on the shoulders though.
eP65k0J.png
I don’t get it either. I love Peacock so much. It’s got accent colours to work with when matching, it’s not too ‘fussy’, it’s one of the only terts that’s primarily on the wings, it’s just great! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77443606][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/774437/77443606_350.png[/img][/url]
I don’t get it either. I love Peacock so much. It’s got accent colours to work with when matching, it’s not too ‘fussy’, it’s one of the only terts that’s primarily on the wings, it’s just great!

77443606_350.png
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
Peacock is a [i]great[/i] gene. But you can find somebody who hates any gene. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=172&bodygene=87&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=75&tertgene=24&winggene=24&wings=118&auth=8d195b60a1e9312439eaa45c76b4041f75279a75&dummyext=prev.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=109&bodygene=23&breed=13&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=74&tertgene=24&winggene=23&wings=131&auth=888b0ec2db39a26d7445d617c05075a17ebfeb14&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Peacock is a great gene. But you can find somebody who hates any gene.
dragon?age=0&body=172&bodygene=87&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=75&tertgene=24&winggene=24&wings=118&auth=8d195b60a1e9312439eaa45c76b4041f75279a75&dummyext=prev.pngdragon?age=1&body=109&bodygene=23&breed=13&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=74&tertgene=24&winggene=23&wings=131&auth=888b0ec2db39a26d7445d617c05075a17ebfeb14&dummyext=prev.png
I like Peacock well enough, my main problem with it is usually the shoulder markings, I find them very awkward looking unless you find a very good color that blends in just right. I think I would enjoy it more often if it were just on the wings.
I like Peacock well enough, my main problem with it is usually the shoulder markings, I find them very awkward looking unless you find a very good color that blends in just right. I think I would enjoy it more often if it were just on the wings.
Hater is a strong word, but I really don't like it. Peacock is... just bad looking. It looks pasted onto the dragon, often looks stretched, and doesn't actually fit the contours of the wing.

The shoulder thing showcases the main issue I have with it, where it looks like a sticker rather than markings on their body. What's wrong with the shoulders are also wrong with the wings, and I just can't unsee it looking unnatural.

Nothing wrong with the secondary color it introduces tho, would love more terts with that.
Hater is a strong word, but I really don't like it. Peacock is... just bad looking. It looks pasted onto the dragon, often looks stretched, and doesn't actually fit the contours of the wing.

The shoulder thing showcases the main issue I have with it, where it looks like a sticker rather than markings on their body. What's wrong with the shoulders are also wrong with the wings, and I just can't unsee it looking unnatural.

Nothing wrong with the secondary color it introduces tho, would love more terts with that.
It can be a trigger thing. It can look like eyes.
It can be a trigger thing. It can look like eyes.
Vista: Asexual Ribbon
hold
Vista: Progress Ribbon
No idea but it's subjective anyway. I like some dragons with Peacock while some I don't like, and some people would think the opposite or something completely different. No such thing as a bad or good gene, only bad or good experiences
No idea but it's subjective anyway. I like some dragons with Peacock while some I don't like, and some people would think the opposite or something completely different. No such thing as a bad or good gene, only bad or good experiences
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I honestly didn't know there was hate for Peacock, that's strange! I have tried scrying with it once or twice only to get some awkward results, but it's not as bad as all that. 0: Especially not on a dark derg with a high-contrast tert that matches their eyes, like Ratiasu said! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75862207][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/758623/75862207_350.png[/img][/url]
I honestly didn't know there was hate for Peacock, that's strange! I have tried scrying with it once or twice only to get some awkward results, but it's not as bad as all that. 0:

Especially not on a dark derg with a high-contrast tert that matches their eyes, like Ratiasu said!

75862207_350.png
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png Hobbyist Writer57719699_nSiBYnESr0q0Pa5.pngFeel free to ping! tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngtumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
I have nothing but love for peacock!!
I have nothing but love for peacock!!
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
I like peacock a lot. I wish there were more tertiary genes like it, that primarily/only affect the wings.
I like peacock a lot. I wish there were more tertiary genes like it, that primarily/only affect the wings.
3sBLd.gif?5g6Xz=party.png
1 2 3 4 5 6