Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ribbon Vistas & Ancient Genes
1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 88 89
[quote name="Saltweir" date="2023-01-19 11:24:47" ] [quote name="dreamdrops" date="2023-01-19 11:23:36" ] do i use the aro/ace ribbons for demiromantic or demisexual? they're under the umbrella but i'm not sure.[/quote] You ABSOLUTELY DO, you are ONE OF US, and do not let anyone tell you otherwise <3 [/quote] @Saltweir Thank you! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] I was wondering about this too. I'm demisexual, and I feel like that's slightly different from ace. So I was vacillating over whether it would be okay to use the "closest" ribbon, or not use any until/unless a demisexual one was released. But given your kind invitation to consider myself ONE OF YOU, I hereby don the ace ribbon with pride. :)
Saltweir wrote on 2023-01-19 11:24:47:
dreamdrops wrote on 2023-01-19 11:23:36:
do i use the aro/ace ribbons for demiromantic or demisexual? they're under the umbrella but i'm not sure.

You ABSOLUTELY DO, you are ONE OF US, and do not let anyone tell you otherwise <3

@Saltweir

Thank you!

I was wondering about this too. I'm demisexual, and I feel like that's slightly different from ace. So I was vacillating over whether it would be okay to use the "closest" ribbon, or not use any until/unless a demisexual one was released.

But given your kind invitation to consider myself ONE OF YOU, I hereby don the ace ribbon with pride. :)
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-01-19 16:30:59" ] [quote name="Kuzuryushin" date="2023-01-19 16:28:31" ] Lol, imho the antler joke was funny and discreet enough to be fine. But it's their website and if they want to scrub it down that hard I get it. Am I so out of touch for that 'yikes' surprising me to see? Was it that bad? o_o [/quote] Hello @/Kuzuryushin. We don't want "jokes" in our item descriptions that in the real world don't pass the "can you explain the joke?" test. Thank you! [/quote] What is the "Can you explain the joke?" test? Google wasn't helpful.
Aequorin wrote on 2023-01-19 16:30:59:
Kuzuryushin wrote on 2023-01-19 16:28:31:
Lol, imho the antler joke was funny and discreet enough to be fine. But it's their website and if they want to scrub it down that hard I get it.

Am I so out of touch for that 'yikes' surprising me to see? Was it that bad? o_o
Hello @/Kuzuryushin. We don't want "jokes" in our item descriptions that in the real world don't pass the "can you explain the joke?" test. Thank you!
What is the "Can you explain the joke?" test? Google wasn't helpful.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
This put a big smile on my face! I can't afford one right now, but that's no big deal.
This put a big smile on my face! I can't afford one right now, but that's no big deal.
Remember to aim for the moon, for even if you miss, you will land among the stars
Regarding availability: The vistas are part of the Treasure Marketplace, which means they're here to stay. Like with all content updates that involve the Marketplace, the vistas are currently listed with a higher available quantity to accommodate the initial rush, until January 26th. Regarding any questions about the "can you explain the joke" test, @clockworkMoose [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3205173/77#post_53263835]nailed it[/url][/b]: [quote name="clockworkMoose" date="2023-01-19 17:14:34" ] [quote name="@Kuzuryushin" date="2023-01-19 16:32:34" ] @/Aequorin What's the 'can you explain the joke?' test? [/quote] I'm not admin, so I may be wrong about this, but if you've got someone who is making """uncomfortable""" comments that are in some way discriminatory/racist/-phobic, and they're claiming that they're "just joking, don't be upset!", one tactic you can use to force them to admit what they're saying isn't actually a joke is to ask the person to explain WHY what they said was actually funny. And then you keep pressing for an explanation. But why is it funny, I don't understand, explain it to me in detail, tell me what makes the "joke" a joke. Because if the "just joking!" is actually just racism/sexism/etc-ism, then there IS no way to explain why it's funny. I think staff are doing the same: they're looking at their jokes, and dissecting them down to explain WHY the joke is actually funny. And if the answer is "it's funny because we're insulting someone" or "it's funny because it's based on an assumption/harmful stereotype", then they are correcting those "jokes" to no longer exist. It shows an incredible amount of preemptive conscientiousness on admin's part to do so! [/quote]
Regarding availability: The vistas are part of the Treasure Marketplace, which means they're here to stay. Like with all content updates that involve the Marketplace, the vistas are currently listed with a higher available quantity to accommodate the initial rush, until January 26th.

Regarding any questions about the "can you explain the joke" test, @clockworkMoose nailed it:
clockworkMoose wrote on 2023-01-19 17:14:34:
@Kuzuryushin wrote on 2023-01-19 16:32:34:
@/Aequorin What's the 'can you explain the joke?' test?

I'm not admin, so I may be wrong about this, but if you've got someone who is making """uncomfortable""" comments that are in some way discriminatory/racist/-phobic, and they're claiming that they're "just joking, don't be upset!", one tactic you can use to force them to admit what they're saying isn't actually a joke is to ask the person to explain WHY what they said was actually funny. And then you keep pressing for an explanation. But why is it funny, I don't understand, explain it to me in detail, tell me what makes the "joke" a joke. Because if the "just joking!" is actually just racism/sexism/etc-ism, then there IS no way to explain why it's funny.

I think staff are doing the same: they're looking at their jokes, and dissecting them down to explain WHY the joke is actually funny. And if the answer is "it's funny because we're insulting someone" or "it's funny because it's based on an assumption/harmful stereotype", then they are correcting those
"jokes" to no longer exist.

It shows an incredible amount of preemptive conscientiousness on admin's part to do so!
@Almedha I think it's about getting to the root of why something is considered a joke. It's meant to get the joke-teller to investigate the thought process behind what they're saying. The previous antler joke had a body-focused punchline, and regardless of my personal feelings on the joke, I respect staff's decision to re-write in this context.

EDIT: oops, wrote this answer before seeing admin response. I'll still leave it though, hope I'm not out of line
@Almedha I think it's about getting to the root of why something is considered a joke. It's meant to get the joke-teller to investigate the thought process behind what they're saying. The previous antler joke had a body-focused punchline, and regardless of my personal feelings on the joke, I respect staff's decision to re-write in this context.

EDIT: oops, wrote this answer before seeing admin response. I'll still leave it though, hope I'm not out of line
[quote name="Olliver" date="2023-01-20 06:44:53" ] @/Almedha I think it's about getting to the root of why something is considered a joke. It's meant to get the joke-teller to investigate the thought process behind what they're saying. The previous antler joke had a body-focused punchline, and regardless of my personal feelings on the joke, I respect staff's decision to re-write in this context. [/quote] Thanks! (And also to Aequorin/clockworkmoose above for the more detailed answer.) I feel like I just need a thumbs up emoji or something...
Olliver wrote on 2023-01-20 06:44:53:
@/Almedha I think it's about getting to the root of why something is considered a joke. It's meant to get the joke-teller to investigate the thought process behind what they're saying. The previous antler joke had a body-focused punchline, and regardless of my personal feelings on the joke, I respect staff's decision to re-write in this context.
Thanks! (And also to Aequorin/clockworkmoose above for the more detailed answer.) I feel like I just need a thumbs up emoji or something...
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Olliver" date="2023-01-20 06:44:53" ] @Almedha I think it's about getting to the root of why something is considered a joke. It's meant to get the joke-teller to investigate the thought process behind what they're saying. The previous antler joke had a body-focused punchline, and regardless of my personal feelings on the joke, I respect staff's decision to re-write in this context. EDIT: oops, wrote this answer before seeing admin response. I'll still leave it though, hope I'm not out of line [/quote] @Olliver, you are not out of line. :)
Olliver wrote on 2023-01-20 06:44:53:

@Olliver, you are not out of line. :)
we need this panoramma without any ribbons as banner to put it on UP header
we need this panoramma without any ribbons as banner to put it on UP header

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
I am genuinely so happy to see these vistas make an appearance, and especially so as a year-round thing and not exclusive to Pride Month. Thank you FR staff!
I am genuinely so happy to see these vistas make an appearance, and especially so as a year-round thing and not exclusive to Pride Month. Thank you FR staff!
e1hq93t.jpeg umzEeyZ.jpeg
So, I love these, but feel a little odd wearing a ribbon that doesn't represent myself, so I feel I can't enjoy all of them as much as I would like. Is there any chance we may get scenes to match the vista backgrounds at some point? They are quite beautiful and I like that they are simple and full of natural beauty.
So, I love these, but feel a little odd wearing a ribbon that doesn't represent myself, so I feel I can't enjoy all of them as much as I would like. Is there any chance we may get scenes to match the vista backgrounds at some point? They are quite beautiful and I like that they are simple and full of natural beauty.
Untitled2165.png O Oh Stormcatcher what have I started...
1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 88 89