Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBTQ+ Community
1 2 ... 574 575 576 577 578 ... 648 649
OMG THESE NEW VISTAS!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
OMG THESE NEW VISTAS!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
fjFZWJt.png
qWAlLLU.png
KMlmzQi.png
omKpPgG.png
VOowzno.png
_
You have a
beautiful
smile

_ CTuU1r6.pnglAR8cRt.pngA3L5B4e.pngDgEWpcs.png
8Guy5ew.png
_ Fingerguns.gif
[quote name="bulrush" date="2023-01-19 12:44:27" ] i left a messy as hell post in the vista thread and im like 90% sure im overreacting to nothing but like, is it weird to not want to use a label to describe myself? autism puts a major wrench into identity as a whole and the fact that disability plays an essential role in both my (lack of) gender and sexuality makes me worried because of things i've seen said about people relating mental illness to their experiences. i had a very stable identity for years and i had to toss that out because it wasn't the right fit for me and i just want to be able to say who i am with total confidence for once, even if that means i never identify as anything more than "briar is briar" [/quote] @bulrush Don't worry about it, you're definitely not alone with those feelings. I still swerve between wanting to use labels for myself and being more comfy using none, on top of the never-ending questioning of "am I [i]really[/i] what I think I am?". The important thing to remember is that it's okay to not be sure. It's okay to change, to try out different things to see how they feel, to explore yourself, to question yourself, and it's okay not to label yourself at all. And no matter how you feel, you're always welcome in the LGBT+ community.
bulrush wrote on 2023-01-19 12:44:27:
i left a messy as hell post in the vista thread and im like 90% sure im overreacting to nothing but like, is it weird to not want to use a label to describe myself? autism puts a major wrench into identity as a whole and the fact that disability plays an essential role in both my (lack of) gender and sexuality makes me worried because of things i've seen said about people relating mental illness to their experiences. i had a very stable identity for years and i had to toss that out because it wasn't the right fit for me and i just want to be able to say who i am with total confidence for once, even if that means i never identify as anything more than "briar is briar"

@bulrush
Don't worry about it, you're definitely not alone with those feelings. I still swerve between wanting to use labels for myself and being more comfy using none, on top of the never-ending questioning of "am I really what I think I am?".

The important thing to remember is that it's okay to not be sure. It's okay to change, to try out different things to see how they feel, to explore yourself, to question yourself, and it's okay not to label yourself at all. And no matter how you feel, you're always welcome in the LGBT+ community.
HOLY COW i didnt read the tooltips of the ribbons and im only just now seeing their names! this is so awesome!!

im a very recently discovered and out asexual so im kinda tempted to try it out and celebrate!
HOLY COW i didnt read the tooltips of the ribbons and im only just now seeing their names! this is so awesome!!

im a very recently discovered and out asexual so im kinda tempted to try it out and celebrate!
waaah my signature broke and i dont wanna fix it rn
@CinnamonThief thanks for the reply as well, the last sentence especially. i don't feel any hostility or anything from the community (kind of impossible since its so vast) but sometimes i do wonder if i should even be here, again moreso because of disability interactions. i feel like im not making too much sense today but its nice to know im fine where i am
@CinnamonThief thanks for the reply as well, the last sentence especially. i don't feel any hostility or anything from the community (kind of impossible since its so vast) but sometimes i do wonder if i should even be here, again moreso because of disability interactions. i feel like im not making too much sense today but its nice to know im fine where i am
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
Just popping in to gush abt the new vistas!! Gonna have to nab myself a trans, aro, and ace one ^^
Just popping in to gush abt the new vistas!! Gonna have to nab myself a trans, aro, and ace one ^^
7f798284fc0b66c3f8c0845673443a021738999d.png
The new vistas are so cool! You'd better bet I just ground in Fairgrounds to afford one :D
The new vistas are so cool! You'd better bet I just ground in Fairgrounds to afford one :D
Hi there! Call me Nadir! She/they
Add me on Xanje
Add me on Pixel Cat's End
Add me on Lorwolf
i'm really happy about the new vistas!! love wins <3
i'm really happy about the new vistas!! love wins <3
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
the amount of joy the new vistas brought to me !! really was a nice thing to get back to! <:D
the amount of joy the new vistas brought to me !! really was a nice thing to get back to! <:D
dT9HQge.png
H0t7Ypl.png
bYt72YT.png
oaolHwW.png
5hF3FGk.png
OQwOmsS.png
[quote name="bulrush" date="2023-01-19 12:44:27" ] i left a messy as hell post in the vista thread and im like 90% sure im overreacting to nothing but like, is it weird to not want to use a label to describe myself? autism puts a major wrench into identity as a whole and the fact that disability plays an essential role in both my (lack of) gender and sexuality makes me worried because of things i've seen said about people relating mental illness to their experiences. i had a very stable identity for years and i had to toss that out because it wasn't the right fit for me and i just want to be able to say who i am with total confidence for once, even if that means i never identify as anything more than "briar is briar" [/quote] @bulrush Definitely not weird! You're not alone in this, as several people already seem to be saying, but I thought I'd add in my own experience as another autistic person with a weird relationship with their gender. Certainly doesn't help that I'm pretty certain in my aceness, even so far as to find a microlabel that fits me perfectly, but then turning around and being confused as heck about my gender identity. Not having a precise way to describe yourself can be stressful sometimes, but vagueness is totally valid! And don't let anyone tell you you don't belong in the community, just because there are connections between certain disabilities, neurodivergencies and experiences and certain queer identities doesn't make having that identity any less valid. Edit: [size=2](Also imagine being on this site for 6 years and only just finding out about this forum now. Oops)[/size]
bulrush wrote on 2023-01-19 12:44:27:
i left a messy as hell post in the vista thread and im like 90% sure im overreacting to nothing but like, is it weird to not want to use a label to describe myself? autism puts a major wrench into identity as a whole and the fact that disability plays an essential role in both my (lack of) gender and sexuality makes me worried because of things i've seen said about people relating mental illness to their experiences. i had a very stable identity for years and i had to toss that out because it wasn't the right fit for me and i just want to be able to say who i am with total confidence for once, even if that means i never identify as anything more than "briar is briar"
@bulrush
Definitely not weird! You're not alone in this, as several people already seem to be saying, but I thought I'd add in my own experience as another autistic person with a weird relationship with their gender. Certainly doesn't help that I'm pretty certain in my aceness, even so far as to find a microlabel that fits me perfectly, but then turning around and being confused as heck about my gender identity.

Not having a precise way to describe yourself can be stressful sometimes, but vagueness is totally valid! And don't let anyone tell you you don't belong in the community, just because there are connections between certain disabilities, neurodivergencies and experiences and certain queer identities doesn't make having that identity any less valid.

Edit:
(Also imagine being on this site for 6 years and only just finding out about this forum now. Oops)
@Verdurous @marmaladedog i didn't expect to get all these replies really haha but thank you two as well. i know there is lots of overlap with disability/nd things and being lgbt of some flavor, very particularly with other autistics too so i know im in the same camp as a lot of others. hopefully we can all come to peace or an understanding of our identities ^^
@Verdurous @marmaladedog i didn't expect to get all these replies really haha but thank you two as well. i know there is lots of overlap with disability/nd things and being lgbt of some flavor, very particularly with other autistics too so i know im in the same camp as a lot of others. hopefully we can all come to peace or an understanding of our identities ^^
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
1 2 ... 574 575 576 577 578 ... 648 649