Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | flight change help
1 2
so i’m planning to vacation in either earth or plague. that’s a definite. thing is, uh…

a) when do y’all think i should do it (right after windfest or just. right now)
b) which flight should i actually join?

pros of earth flight: dom bonuses. ok yeah mostly just dominance, both community-wise and actually winning it. community seems cool.
cons of earth flight: i don’t like the aesthetic that much

pros of plague flight: my lore will match my flight for a couple years. community is also very cool.
cons of plague flight: gets dom a bit less often

so i’m planning to vacation in either earth or plague. that’s a definite. thing is, uh…

a) when do y’all think i should do it (right after windfest or just. right now)
b) which flight should i actually join?

pros of earth flight: dom bonuses. ok yeah mostly just dominance, both community-wise and actually winning it. community seems cool.
cons of earth flight: i don’t like the aesthetic that much

pros of plague flight: my lore will match my flight for a couple years. community is also very cool.
cons of plague flight: gets dom a bit less often

8aKVtucC_o.png
i’m taking a vacation from wind right now! i decided to move 1. for the new year 2. to help get back into fr after a hiatus 3. fest time is exciting. i’m super sad about missing mistjam but i’m very excited about stocking up on dragons for the OOF raffle!

if you move now, you’ll be in one of the others for mistjam but if you move after, depending on when, you’ll be there for rockbreakers or riot of rot. i’d personally probably wait so i could celebrate the home fest with the other flight.

also, from my understanding, in some ways plague and earth lore are very similar so you might be able to work some of it into your lore? (i’m not a lore expert so don’t quote me on that) i personally don’t like the plague aesthetics so i would vote earth, but you don’t have that problem, so i shouldn’t get a vote. also dom and dom culture is yummy
i’m taking a vacation from wind right now! i decided to move 1. for the new year 2. to help get back into fr after a hiatus 3. fest time is exciting. i’m super sad about missing mistjam but i’m very excited about stocking up on dragons for the OOF raffle!

if you move now, you’ll be in one of the others for mistjam but if you move after, depending on when, you’ll be there for rockbreakers or riot of rot. i’d personally probably wait so i could celebrate the home fest with the other flight.

also, from my understanding, in some ways plague and earth lore are very similar so you might be able to work some of it into your lore? (i’m not a lore expert so don’t quote me on that) i personally don’t like the plague aesthetics so i would vote earth, but you don’t have that problem, so i shouldn’t get a vote. also dom and dom culture is yummy
D9XjOpZ.jpg
While Earth placed on the board most times, Plague actually got first place more often last year! There's no saying whether it'll be the same this year, but might want to factor that in, particularly if lore and aesthetic both fit.

That said, the earth community is lovely.
While Earth placed on the board most times, Plague actually got first place more often last year! There's no saying whether it'll be the same this year, but might want to factor that in, particularly if lore and aesthetic both fit.

That said, the earth community is lovely.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I used to be a Windie as well! I'd recommend waiting till after windfest, getting to celebrate an elemental fest in that flight is always the most fun, especially in Wind!

As for the other point I'd say it depends on what you think will hold the most weight for ya :0 I think aesthetics is most important as its a constant visual component of your experience and being in an "environment" that fits your lore is much more satisfying.

I'm not a Dom oriented person in the slightest but from what I understand, Plague is still one of the top Dominance flights so you'll likely have a positive Dom experience either way.
I'm in Earth rn because it fits my lore and aesthetic perfectly and can vouch for having a very nice experience here but I think Plague would be a great choice :]
I used to be a Windie as well! I'd recommend waiting till after windfest, getting to celebrate an elemental fest in that flight is always the most fun, especially in Wind!

As for the other point I'd say it depends on what you think will hold the most weight for ya :0 I think aesthetics is most important as its a constant visual component of your experience and being in an "environment" that fits your lore is much more satisfying.

I'm not a Dom oriented person in the slightest but from what I understand, Plague is still one of the top Dominance flights so you'll likely have a positive Dom experience either way.
I'm in Earth rn because it fits my lore and aesthetic perfectly and can vouch for having a very nice experience here but I think Plague would be a great choice :]
79079225_0jqAX51OAKtksya.png
im vactioning IN wind but i have been to both plague and earth, both are very cool places to be! i did prefer plague more aesthetics wise so i think if that's important to you to go there then. not active in dom so cant speak to that unfortunately im more impatient so i always prefer to do things sooner rather than later but everyone above has made a good point about the festivals [emoji=gust size=1]
im vactioning IN wind but i have been to both plague and earth, both are very cool places to be! i did prefer plague more aesthetics wise so i think if that's important to you to go there then. not active in dom so cant speak to that unfortunately

im more impatient so i always prefer to do things sooner rather than later but everyone above has made a good point about the festivals
wuvThtJ.png
as a pebble, rock all the way. i moved here from light and never looked back, nor have i wanted to vacation out of earth. i love my fellow pebbles. dom is nice if you're into that, but dom culture has not permeated throughout the whole community. our lore and aesthetics are great and really easy to incorporate a lot into- i have a coastal tab without being in water!
as a pebble, rock all the way. i moved here from light and never looked back, nor have i wanted to vacation out of earth. i love my fellow pebbles. dom is nice if you're into that, but dom culture has not permeated throughout the whole community. our lore and aesthetics are great and really easy to incorporate a lot into- i have a coastal tab without being in water!
ldNLSdw.png

she/they
20 years old
+3 fr time
herb_rack_flipped.png
I don't think moving to earth just for the Dom would make that you happy given your whole lair vibe. I think being in a flight that matches you're aestedic better would be more beneficial overall
I don't think moving to earth just for the Dom would make that you happy given your whole lair vibe. I think being in a flight that matches you're aestedic better would be more beneficial overall
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
Plague is literally the flight that won 1st on dom the most last year.

2nd is nice, but 3rd is worthless, so Plague is imo, worth it.
Plague is literally the flight that won 1st on dom the most last year.

2nd is nice, but 3rd is worthless, so Plague is imo, worth it.
If I were in your shoes I’d go for your lair/lore vibes over DOM.
Plague has actually been one of the long-time Dom powerhouses, along with Light and Earth. So you’re not really losing @ Dom with either choice.

Sincerely,

An Earthie
If I were in your shoes I’d go for your lair/lore vibes over DOM.
Plague has actually been one of the long-time Dom powerhouses, along with Light and Earth. So you’re not really losing @ Dom with either choice.

Sincerely,

An Earthie
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
I'm biased but I gotta vote Plague because come join the meat gang. Also I totally thought you were in Plague at first and was surprised to see you were actually in wind. It definitely matches the aesthetic. Also like Kiln said we're actually not that bad at dominance.
I'm biased but I gotta vote Plague because come join the meat gang. Also I totally thought you were in Plague at first and was surprised to see you were actually in wind. It definitely matches the aesthetic. Also like Kiln said we're actually not that bad at dominance.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
1 2