Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | your dumbest misconception
1 2 3 4 5 6
That The Bronx was actually a plural and people could be from one Bronk or the other °-°
That The Bronx was actually a plural and people could be from one Bronk or the other °-°
sabel
| infj | server time
i really really like coatls

PYuV1yF.png

“reality is an illusion
the universe is a hologram
buy gold
bye !”
Didn't really click until just the other day that Buttermilk Pancakes are called that because they're made with butter... and milk...

I just thought it was a cute name for that style of pancake.
Didn't really click until just the other day that Buttermilk Pancakes are called that because they're made with butter... and milk...

I just thought it was a cute name for that style of pancake.
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Art Shop
Skin Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParade.gif _
i was convinced that if you drank half&half by itself you would get worms up until i became an adult!

context for this: when i was younger, my family used to take me to breakfast diners a lot. ihop, village inn, waffle house. the usual. and they would always get coffee. i really enjoyed drinking the half&half out of those little plastic single-serving cups that the waiter brought to put in the coffee. so to get me to stop drinking so many of them, my mom and my grandma told me that drinking it would give me worms and parasites!
i was convinced that if you drank half&half by itself you would get worms up until i became an adult!

context for this: when i was younger, my family used to take me to breakfast diners a lot. ihop, village inn, waffle house. the usual. and they would always get coffee. i really enjoyed drinking the half&half out of those little plastic single-serving cups that the waiter brought to put in the coffee. so to get me to stop drinking so many of them, my mom and my grandma told me that drinking it would give me worms and parasites!
z8Qo9nt.gif

spencer - they/he/ix - fr +1
[quote name="seclusion" date="2022-12-30 10:17:07" ] i kept getting greta thunberg and greta van fleet mixed up [/quote] Okay, this is my favorite one so far. For me, up until very recently, I thought Narwhals were mythical creatures. Tbh, it still feels like a conspiracy any time someone brings them up.
seclusion wrote on 2022-12-30 10:17:07:
i kept getting greta thunberg and greta van fleet mixed up
Okay, this is my favorite one so far.

For me, up until very recently, I thought Narwhals were mythical creatures. Tbh, it still feels like a conspiracy any time someone brings them up.
DuLvCwY.png
I thought Sleipnir was spelt Slephnear or Sleifnere for a good while even though I played games featuring him + though he was a spider with a horse head even though it says he's a horse with 8 legs.
I thought Sleipnir was spelt Slephnear or Sleifnere for a good while even though I played games featuring him + though he was a spider with a horse head even though it says he's a horse with 8 legs.
Warning: this user needs pings or they will miss your message, please proceed with a ping
I used to think that pickles were their own vegetable.
I still remember the shock I felt when I realized that they're just pickled cucumbers (mainly). It was weird too bc the clue that would have told me this (my mom makes homemade pickles each year) was there for me for years and I didn't notice.
I used to think that pickles were their own vegetable.
I still remember the shock I felt when I realized that they're just pickled cucumbers (mainly). It was weird too bc the clue that would have told me this (my mom makes homemade pickles each year) was there for me for years and I didn't notice.
c6ldplq.gifll0CfnD.pngcVPo4yi.png5hF3FGk.pngoutput-onlinegiftools.gif
i pronounced unique like uni-cue until I was 11
i pronounced unique like uni-cue until I was 11
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
help me find my dream dragons ---> here
as a child i thought that Harry Potter and Frodo from LotR were played by the same actor
as a child i thought that Harry Potter and Frodo from LotR were played by the same actor
markicha | she/her | +11 fr time
english is not my first language!

wishlist | adoptables | avatar
shwx1Vv.gifi'll keep wishing for a world where you can be happy shwx1Vv.gif
When I was a kid I didn't know nail extensions were a thing and I just thought tons of ladies had long perfect nails naturally. I thought they'd come in about the time my boobs did. [quote name="sabel" date="2023-01-12 05:39:11" ] That The Bronx was actually a plural and people could be from one Bronk or the other °-° [/quote] I love this so much I can't even tell you.
When I was a kid I didn't know nail extensions were a thing and I just thought tons of ladies had long perfect nails naturally. I thought they'd come in about the time my boobs did.
sabel wrote on 2023-01-12 05:39:11:

I love this so much I can't even tell you.
she/her | 37 | cst
ive had so many of these but my mind is blanking right now.

but recently i realized "dope" isn't just a made up random word, and my mind was blown.
ive had so many of these but my mind is blanking right now.

but recently i realized "dope" isn't just a made up random word, and my mind was blown.
1 2 3 4 5 6