Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | preferred name woes...
1 2
So, onsite I call myself Ezekiel.

IRL, my preferred name is Rome/Roma/Roman.

But man... the name Mars or Oliver is looking so appealing...

WHY ARE NAMES SO COOL
So, onsite I call myself Ezekiel.

IRL, my preferred name is Rome/Roma/Roman.

But man... the name Mars or Oliver is looking so appealing...

WHY ARE NAMES SO COOL

92n1dwB.png
4LIgWCz.png
rI18gRz.png
7FPB55S.png
t3Y2mF7.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.pngYw8EvNQ.png
VpMOGhK.png
7fFdbks.png
JMjFoSS.png
I’m cis female but I always think how cool it would be to go by a name of my choice (queue subtle jealousy) This is where OCs come in tho…. They are a piece of me that I can assign a name to and I love it lol!!! I have a whole list of names that really resonate with me and that I’d like to use for future characters of mine

EDIT: I knew a girl named Clementine…. how cute is that.. oh my god.. and one of my dad’s friend gave their daughter the middle name Slater like thats so cool!!
I’m cis female but I always think how cool it would be to go by a name of my choice (queue subtle jealousy) This is where OCs come in tho…. They are a piece of me that I can assign a name to and I love it lol!!! I have a whole list of names that really resonate with me and that I’d like to use for future characters of mine

EDIT: I knew a girl named Clementine…. how cute is that.. oh my god.. and one of my dad’s friend gave their daughter the middle name Slater like thats so cool!!
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
That's one of the things I love about being Online™, trying out different aliases. I have so many lol

I like my IRL name well enough, but even then I like to try out variants of it when I enter different social circles ^^ I just think names are fun.
That's one of the things I love about being Online™, trying out different aliases. I have so many lol

I like my IRL name well enough, but even then I like to try out variants of it when I enter different social circles ^^ I just think names are fun.
Uw1G2JB.png
felt! i’ve always felt like i needed a nickname as i don’t like my birth name but i still want it to have it relate! you feel!
felt! i’ve always felt like i needed a nickname as i don’t like my birth name but i still want it to have it relate! you feel!
hHi8SF1.png
uhSJ9ek.png
jA5A7gu.png
5OBxblq.png
qhK4FYS.png
a bit of empty space to
scoot the image image image over if you need it jjjjhjnjnkn
zHTy6PD.gif
@Eucyon being cis doesnt mean you cant give yourself another name, it's not something only trans/non-cis people can do
@Eucyon being cis doesnt mean you cant give yourself another name, it's not something only trans/non-cis people can do
@fatui oh no no the issue is not that, I feel uncomfortable being called by another name and I’ve tried it… it’s more of an envious feeling that I wish I would feel comfortable with it or at least had a name that I connect with

It’s just an odd disconnect where it doesn’t feel right but I wish it did
@fatui oh no no the issue is not that, I feel uncomfortable being called by another name and I’ve tried it… it’s more of an envious feeling that I wish I would feel comfortable with it or at least had a name that I connect with

It’s just an odd disconnect where it doesn’t feel right but I wish it did
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
@Eucyon OH OH ok i was confused for a second bc i know plenty of cis folks who go by different names
maybe one day a name will strike a chord w you
@Eucyon OH OH ok i was confused for a second bc i know plenty of cis folks who go by different names
maybe one day a name will strike a chord w you
I don’t know if I’d ever change my birth name. It’s a gender neutral name and I feel like I’ve grown into it too much, i don’t know who I’d be without it. It’s not that I like the name, but I don’t think any other name would fit haha.

Having said that, i did change my online name from Lenny to Cray. I’ve been using Lenny for over 7 years and I feel like I’ve grown out of it. Cray feels fresh, feels like me.

Also ironically I have a non-binary friend who goes by Mars lol. It’s a solid name.
I don’t know if I’d ever change my birth name. It’s a gender neutral name and I feel like I’ve grown into it too much, i don’t know who I’d be without it. It’s not that I like the name, but I don’t think any other name would fit haha.

Having said that, i did change my online name from Lenny to Cray. I’ve been using Lenny for over 7 years and I feel like I’ve grown out of it. Cray feels fresh, feels like me.

Also ironically I have a non-binary friend who goes by Mars lol. It’s a solid name.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
Mars is a really cool name
Mars is a really cool name
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
The only issue with online aliases for me--as an artist--is having pieces signed with different names throughout the years. Like, yes, they're all in the same gallery, and yes, they were all drawn by me. So, I just stick to signing with my birth name these days.

But, yeah, aside from that, the sky's the limit.
The only issue with online aliases for me--as an artist--is having pieces signed with different names throughout the years. Like, yes, they're all in the same gallery, and yes, they were all drawn by me. So, I just stick to signing with my birth name these days.

But, yeah, aside from that, the sky's the limit.
9iqeDz7.png
1 2