Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The Elder Scrolls Games
1 2
I've got Morrowind on the brain right now and wanted to see if anyone likes the elder scroll games too!

What's your favorite elder scrolls game?

I have a hard time choosing between Morrowind, Skyrim and Daggerfall because they each have their own je ne sais quoi that makes them unique and special in their own way. But if you twisted my arm I'd probably say Skyrim is my fave mostly due to modding potential.

Who is your favorite character? Mine is probably M'aiq the liar. He's just so funny and I love each iteration of him.

What's your favorite mod (if you do mod)? I gotta say Inigo the Brave is my favorite, hands down.

I've got Morrowind on the brain right now and wanted to see if anyone likes the elder scroll games too!

What's your favorite elder scrolls game?

I have a hard time choosing between Morrowind, Skyrim and Daggerfall because they each have their own je ne sais quoi that makes them unique and special in their own way. But if you twisted my arm I'd probably say Skyrim is my fave mostly due to modding potential.

Who is your favorite character? Mine is probably M'aiq the liar. He's just so funny and I love each iteration of him.

What's your favorite mod (if you do mod)? I gotta say Inigo the Brave is my favorite, hands down.

tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
tbh I've only played Skyrim.
I played a bit of Oblivion but that was on console so you couldnt cheat your way through locks. So I got stuck being a vampire and couldnt do anything about it.

I've tried Skyrim with mods before but I somehow dont like them, I spend hours looking for them but when they're implemented, it ruins the game for me. So I just like the game as is, I guess. Even though, as I'm playing it, I think there'd be ways to improve my current experience. So loop.

I think last time I played my favourite character was Farkas. He's a bit dumb and a bit slow, but he's my hubband.
tbh I've only played Skyrim.
I played a bit of Oblivion but that was on console so you couldnt cheat your way through locks. So I got stuck being a vampire and couldnt do anything about it.

I've tried Skyrim with mods before but I somehow dont like them, I spend hours looking for them but when they're implemented, it ruins the game for me. So I just like the game as is, I guess. Even though, as I'm playing it, I think there'd be ways to improve my current experience. So loop.

I think last time I played my favourite character was Farkas. He's a bit dumb and a bit slow, but he's my hubband.
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
Oblivion was my first and despite it being objectively terrible its also just.. a good time. I love the OST so much, and the more lighthearted tone makes for a fun game to goof around in.
Im a big TES lorebuff and everything but Oblivion is just so silly and charming.

If I want a more "serious" playsesh then I boot up Skyrim or ESO.
I don't play ESO as much anymore since I've pretty much exhausted all the content and don't have the money or interest to shell out for the newer expansions ^^' My ESO characters though are the most fleshed out and I like revisiting them. And dressing them up!!! ESO is great for dressing up characters hehe.

I never got suuuper into modding, I just like to add in more cosmetic stuff and the ones that let you have more than one follower. All the friends!! and all the clothes!! :D

Fave character is hard... I just like all the ones everyone else does lol. Caius, Serana, Martin, Razum-Dar, Naryu...<3

It's been a while since I last did, but I used to loooooove reading all the books from the games. I believe I've read every one from the main series games? Its been forever though so I guess I'll get to read them again with fresh eyes sometime lol.

My broadcast is a Morrowind ref, love me som Telvanni
Oblivion was my first and despite it being objectively terrible its also just.. a good time. I love the OST so much, and the more lighthearted tone makes for a fun game to goof around in.
Im a big TES lorebuff and everything but Oblivion is just so silly and charming.

If I want a more "serious" playsesh then I boot up Skyrim or ESO.
I don't play ESO as much anymore since I've pretty much exhausted all the content and don't have the money or interest to shell out for the newer expansions ^^' My ESO characters though are the most fleshed out and I like revisiting them. And dressing them up!!! ESO is great for dressing up characters hehe.

I never got suuuper into modding, I just like to add in more cosmetic stuff and the ones that let you have more than one follower. All the friends!! and all the clothes!! :D

Fave character is hard... I just like all the ones everyone else does lol. Caius, Serana, Martin, Razum-Dar, Naryu...<3

It's been a while since I last did, but I used to loooooove reading all the books from the games. I believe I've read every one from the main series games? Its been forever though so I guess I'll get to read them again with fresh eyes sometime lol.

My broadcast is a Morrowind ref, love me som Telvanni
Uw1G2JB.png
The Elder Scrolls is probably my favourite game series! I've played Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, and Elder Scrolls Online. Though unfortunately I don't keep up with ESO anymore; it's not as fun to play alone, and none of my friends are into MMOs. I've put off trying Arena, but I might soon.

As far as my favourite game of the series, it'd have to be a tie between Skyrim and Oblivion. Oblivion was my first ES game, so I have a fondness for it, especially the Shivering Isles. However, I love Skyrim's setting and ambiance so much. I still take time to look through the art book every few months, just because it evokes such strong feelings of nostalgia. And not to mention both games make for great meme material.

I like to play Morrowind occasionally and I've completed a handful of playthroughs, but nowhere near the amount of times I've played through Oblivions and Skyrim. It's a shame really, because Morrowind has some really cool concepts and designs, as well as atmosphere in general. And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the dunmer voices, those are great.

Daggerfall I've only played twice so far. Personally, I enjoy some aspects of Daggerfall over the other games, such as the in-depth character customization, fast travel costing rescources, etc. But I just couldn't get into it for too long; I think it has more to do with the npc sprites, town and dungeon layouts, and the randomly generated terrain. The map is huge, but the game feels empty to me.

Favourite character is probably Vyrthur from the Dawnguard DLC. I don't know why, but he's the only one that's left any lasting impression on me after I played through it for the first time.

Favourite mod is probably the Oblivion Character overhaul mod, just because the style that it brings to the Oblivion NPCs appeals to me more than the vanilla FaceGen.
The Elder Scrolls is probably my favourite game series! I've played Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, and Elder Scrolls Online. Though unfortunately I don't keep up with ESO anymore; it's not as fun to play alone, and none of my friends are into MMOs. I've put off trying Arena, but I might soon.

As far as my favourite game of the series, it'd have to be a tie between Skyrim and Oblivion. Oblivion was my first ES game, so I have a fondness for it, especially the Shivering Isles. However, I love Skyrim's setting and ambiance so much. I still take time to look through the art book every few months, just because it evokes such strong feelings of nostalgia. And not to mention both games make for great meme material.

I like to play Morrowind occasionally and I've completed a handful of playthroughs, but nowhere near the amount of times I've played through Oblivions and Skyrim. It's a shame really, because Morrowind has some really cool concepts and designs, as well as atmosphere in general. And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the dunmer voices, those are great.

Daggerfall I've only played twice so far. Personally, I enjoy some aspects of Daggerfall over the other games, such as the in-depth character customization, fast travel costing rescources, etc. But I just couldn't get into it for too long; I think it has more to do with the npc sprites, town and dungeon layouts, and the randomly generated terrain. The map is huge, but the game feels empty to me.

Favourite character is probably Vyrthur from the Dawnguard DLC. I don't know why, but he's the only one that's left any lasting impression on me after I played through it for the first time.

Favourite mod is probably the Oblivion Character overhaul mod, just because the style that it brings to the Oblivion NPCs appeals to me more than the vanilla FaceGen.
Lucius      

 He / Him.

                   

An image of two crossed swords; both are ivory-coloured filigree rapiers.
[Image Description: An image of two crossed swords; both are ivory-coloured filigree rapiers.]
Skyrim is the only one I've played all the way through. I tried Oblivion and even Morrowind, but I just couldn't get into them.

Right now, I just hope that the Elder Scrolls 6 won't be Xbox exclusive since Microsoft owns Bethesda.

Edit: My favorite character is Paarthurnax. I will never get over the fact that he is voiced by Charles Martinet, aka, Mario, which just makes him even better.

And I only recently started modding. So far the mods I like best are those that help, but don't break immersion. (except for god mode for the dogs. I got that one because Meeko died on me and I did not like that.) An example is being able to restore Winterhold, or finding a spellbook that lets you summon an ice horse that is faster than the normal horses of Skyrim. Lets me save my money and looks neat.
Skyrim is the only one I've played all the way through. I tried Oblivion and even Morrowind, but I just couldn't get into them.

Right now, I just hope that the Elder Scrolls 6 won't be Xbox exclusive since Microsoft owns Bethesda.

Edit: My favorite character is Paarthurnax. I will never get over the fact that he is voiced by Charles Martinet, aka, Mario, which just makes him even better.

And I only recently started modding. So far the mods I like best are those that help, but don't break immersion. (except for god mode for the dogs. I got that one because Meeko died on me and I did not like that.) An example is being able to restore Winterhold, or finding a spellbook that lets you summon an ice horse that is faster than the normal horses of Skyrim. Lets me save my money and looks neat.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
My favorite is definitely Skyrim!

Skyrim has a special presence for me because I stopped really playing proper videogames for many years and mostly just enjoy games from the sidelines through videos and friends. Only in recent years did I start trying out games again; I started playing some oldies I had back in the PS2 but Skyrim was my first big experience outside of that

I'm not much of gamer, nor all that good at games tbh, but Skyrim is just so fun to me as a casual player, I've spent a lot of time playing it; the past 3 years it's been a great form of escapism for me and the fantasy setting and ability to kinda role-playing a story the way I want to just brings me a lot of joy. I'm annoyingly super attached to my first character and just recently restarted a whole new playthrough with her.

I also recently tried both Oblivion and Morrowind; while Oblivion has a lot of fun quirks and quests I wasnt able to get super into it. Surprisingly I found myself enjoying Morrowind considerably more; despite it being a bit hard to get into (again, I'm admittedly not very good at games) I find it weirdly endearing and it definitely matches that immersion spark I had with Skyrim. I'm excited to play through the rest of the game!
My favorite is definitely Skyrim!

Skyrim has a special presence for me because I stopped really playing proper videogames for many years and mostly just enjoy games from the sidelines through videos and friends. Only in recent years did I start trying out games again; I started playing some oldies I had back in the PS2 but Skyrim was my first big experience outside of that

I'm not much of gamer, nor all that good at games tbh, but Skyrim is just so fun to me as a casual player, I've spent a lot of time playing it; the past 3 years it's been a great form of escapism for me and the fantasy setting and ability to kinda role-playing a story the way I want to just brings me a lot of joy. I'm annoyingly super attached to my first character and just recently restarted a whole new playthrough with her.

I also recently tried both Oblivion and Morrowind; while Oblivion has a lot of fun quirks and quests I wasnt able to get super into it. Surprisingly I found myself enjoying Morrowind considerably more; despite it being a bit hard to get into (again, I'm admittedly not very good at games) I find it weirdly endearing and it definitely matches that immersion spark I had with Skyrim. I'm excited to play through the rest of the game!
79079225_0jqAX51OAKtksya.png
Skyrim for sure.

My favorite mod is the Inigo mod, and my favorite character is Brynjolf.

I'm hoping there will be a remaster of oblivion, because I personally can't stand to look at it.
Skyrim for sure.

My favorite mod is the Inigo mod, and my favorite character is Brynjolf.

I'm hoping there will be a remaster of oblivion, because I personally can't stand to look at it.
?5rQx0=party.png?5rQLw=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQY0=party.png
i'm a morrowind fiend first and foremost. so much so that i have a silt strider tattoo

i've always had a huge soft spot for late 90's/early 2000's 3d games, even if they're often a little mechanically dated. older navigation mechanics are more immersive to me- no quest markers, minimally useful minimaps, obscure directions, etc., all force you to really look at the world. i also just think the chunky early 3d models are charming in their own way. same reason why i also like the earlier installations of the thief and witcher series

mainly, though, i'm just really in love with morrowind's lore and storytelling. i feel like it really embraced the weirder aspects of elder scrolls lore and wasn't afraid to make something that felt completely different from the real world. that's where oblivion and skyrim fall short to me- in a lot of ways they feel more generic european middle-earth / norse myth, which appeals to a broader audience but leaves the more niche aspects of the elder scrolls lore for scouring the UESP on your own time. if you already have that background knowledge you can definitely fill in the gaps on your own while the game remains enjoyable to non-lorefreaks, but if you don't then it can very easily go over your head; probably due in part to being text-based, morrowind does a better job to me of giving you the historical and cultural background of the storyline.

but with that said, i do like the new content too. i have 900+ hours in ESO and more of those are fishing than i care to admit. all elder scrolls games are good, but they're all good for different reasons! i haven't gotten around to trying daggerfall or arena yet, but we'll get there one day and then i can be pretentious about an even older game :)

it's hard to pick a favorite character, but i'm emotionally attached to teldryn sero. i also use him to power level restoration but he's still my blorbo

obligatory favorite mod
i'm a morrowind fiend first and foremost. so much so that i have a silt strider tattoo

i've always had a huge soft spot for late 90's/early 2000's 3d games, even if they're often a little mechanically dated. older navigation mechanics are more immersive to me- no quest markers, minimally useful minimaps, obscure directions, etc., all force you to really look at the world. i also just think the chunky early 3d models are charming in their own way. same reason why i also like the earlier installations of the thief and witcher series

mainly, though, i'm just really in love with morrowind's lore and storytelling. i feel like it really embraced the weirder aspects of elder scrolls lore and wasn't afraid to make something that felt completely different from the real world. that's where oblivion and skyrim fall short to me- in a lot of ways they feel more generic european middle-earth / norse myth, which appeals to a broader audience but leaves the more niche aspects of the elder scrolls lore for scouring the UESP on your own time. if you already have that background knowledge you can definitely fill in the gaps on your own while the game remains enjoyable to non-lorefreaks, but if you don't then it can very easily go over your head; probably due in part to being text-based, morrowind does a better job to me of giving you the historical and cultural background of the storyline.

but with that said, i do like the new content too. i have 900+ hours in ESO and more of those are fishing than i care to admit. all elder scrolls games are good, but they're all good for different reasons! i haven't gotten around to trying daggerfall or arena yet, but we'll get there one day and then i can be pretentious about an even older game :)

it's hard to pick a favorite character, but i'm emotionally attached to teldryn sero. i also use him to power level restoration but he's still my blorbo

obligatory favorite mod
hikaru
22 • he/him • eng/jpn • fr+3

click here for a random bird
________
tbh i’ve only played skyrim, but i’m absolutely in love with it. I got it when i was around 11, i watched my uncle play it a lot and wanted it so bad. still one of my favourite games to this day! i hope a new one comes out soon…
tbh i’ve only played skyrim, but i’m absolutely in love with it. I got it when i was around 11, i watched my uncle play it a lot and wanted it so bad. still one of my favourite games to this day! i hope a new one comes out soon…
zVzI8uZ.jpg
i've only played skyrim, but i have oblivion in my steam library. i played like 2 hours of oblivion before getting fed up, probably because i'm just so used to how skyrim functions. now that i have a competent gaming laptop, though, i want to go back to it one day!

i first had skyrim on xbox and played that religiously. my main character was an argonian that was supposed to be named "backslash" but made a typo and he was immortalized as "backlash." whoops. i love him dearly and even though i no longer have an xbox, i still have the disk, so perhaps one day i'll revisit him. i got skyrim on PC a few years after and tbh i prefer it.

ngl, my favorite characters are probably ralof, brynjolf, and ulfric. i guess i have a type.

i mod the hell out of my game, i think i had 30gb+ of mods last time i checked? my favorite mod is probably honestly the rich merchants mod, it makes things so much easier. a close second is probably the faster levelling mod lol. but i do really like the texture and environment mods, if my skyrim doesn't look hyper-realistic and threaten to crash and blow up my computer with every step, am i really playing skyrim?
i've only played skyrim, but i have oblivion in my steam library. i played like 2 hours of oblivion before getting fed up, probably because i'm just so used to how skyrim functions. now that i have a competent gaming laptop, though, i want to go back to it one day!

i first had skyrim on xbox and played that religiously. my main character was an argonian that was supposed to be named "backslash" but made a typo and he was immortalized as "backlash." whoops. i love him dearly and even though i no longer have an xbox, i still have the disk, so perhaps one day i'll revisit him. i got skyrim on PC a few years after and tbh i prefer it.

ngl, my favorite characters are probably ralof, brynjolf, and ulfric. i guess i have a type.

i mod the hell out of my game, i think i had 30gb+ of mods last time i checked? my favorite mod is probably honestly the rich merchants mod, it makes things so much easier. a close second is probably the faster levelling mod lol. but i do really like the texture and environment mods, if my skyrim doesn't look hyper-realistic and threaten to crash and blow up my computer with every step, am i really playing skyrim?
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
1 2