Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you care about other peoples lore?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Yep, love reading lore.

The only thing that bugs me are yeah, walls of text. But, unbroken walls of text. My eyes don't like focusing on those for long. But if they're broken up, even if there's a lot of text overall, yep, I'll read it!

saying this as someone who is rather wordy and will have long bios, lol
Yep, love reading lore.

The only thing that bugs me are yeah, walls of text. But, unbroken walls of text. My eyes don't like focusing on those for long. But if they're broken up, even if there's a lot of text overall, yep, I'll read it!

saying this as someone who is rather wordy and will have long bios, lol
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
I love reading other people's lore!
I love reading other people's lore!
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
If someone's lore is interesting to me then I will probably check their lair every now and then and read through some new pages I haven't seen. Sometimes I'm only interested in a particular dragon and I'll save their page to take inspiration from it. Unfortunately not a lot of people have lore they have actively written down or else I would have a lot more to read.
If someone's lore is interesting to me then I will probably check their lair every now and then and read through some new pages I haven't seen. Sometimes I'm only interested in a particular dragon and I'll save their page to take inspiration from it. Unfortunately not a lot of people have lore they have actively written down or else I would have a lot more to read.
pixil-frame-067.png2sdjCmT.pngpixil-frame-068.pngQq78qBr.png
My lair and HSoup's lair are both interactive/narrative style lair tours! I'm not really active on FR so I don't know how popular this type of lore is, but I occasionally get a nice comment on my profile saying that someone enjoyed taking the tour through my Cloudstrider Carnival!
My lair and HSoup's lair are both interactive/narrative style lair tours! I'm not really active on FR so I don't know how popular this type of lore is, but I occasionally get a nice comment on my profile saying that someone enjoyed taking the tour through my Cloudstrider Carnival!
i3C8xUt.gifKcj5hrt.gifQa1EIOj.png
I don’t actively seek for lore but sometimes I tend to find myself reading through people’s dragons bios and enjoying them a lot!

One time, for example, I saw a lair that had a tab that was a cryptid grocery store with an owner similar to a glowing eldritch god-horror. S tier lair
I don’t actively seek for lore but sometimes I tend to find myself reading through people’s dragons bios and enjoying them a lot!

One time, for example, I saw a lair that had a tab that was a cryptid grocery store with an owner similar to a glowing eldritch god-horror. S tier lair
e1hq93t.jpeg umzEeyZ.jpeg
I love to read, so if a dragon has lore I'll give it a look-over. There are writing styles that are harder for me to process, and those may not get a fair shake. But speaking as someone who absolutely is guilty of writing lore that's all text and sometimes pretty lengthy, I know my own writing isn't going to be everyone's dish of tea either. And that's OK--I write because it's fun.

I definitely consider another person's lore to be their take on their own dragons, lair, and Sornieth, so I don't worry if there's stuff in there that doesn't match my own spin on things. There's a lot of flexibility in the game and I think it's great: it lets people be creative. :)
I love to read, so if a dragon has lore I'll give it a look-over. There are writing styles that are harder for me to process, and those may not get a fair shake. But speaking as someone who absolutely is guilty of writing lore that's all text and sometimes pretty lengthy, I know my own writing isn't going to be everyone's dish of tea either. And that's OK--I write because it's fun.

I definitely consider another person's lore to be their take on their own dragons, lair, and Sornieth, so I don't worry if there's stuff in there that doesn't match my own spin on things. There's a lot of flexibility in the game and I think it's great: it lets people be creative. :)
riVr93C.png
[quote name="Zenzic" date="2023-01-04 16:32:52" ] Nah, not really. There's a lot of different ways to tackle lore, and I'm pretty picky. Sometimes I read dragon bios if the dragon catches my interest, but I don't typically indulge in other users' clan lore as a whole. If you're making a game, then that's a bit different from just having random clan lore scattered around your lair. You can set it up to really tell a story in a compelling way. The best advice I can give is to avoid doing any kind of textwall dump, as that can be overwhelming to a potential reader if done right off the start line. Make an opening that will hook in the reader, and they'll be incentivized to continue the game. [/quote] Thanks for the advice! I'll avoid doing textdumps :D
Zenzic wrote on 2023-01-04 16:32:52:
Nah, not really.
There's a lot of different ways to tackle lore, and I'm pretty picky.
Sometimes I read dragon bios if the dragon catches my interest, but I don't typically indulge in other users' clan lore as a whole.

If you're making a game, then that's a bit different from just having random clan lore scattered around your lair. You can set it up to really tell a story in a compelling way.

The best advice I can give is to avoid doing any kind of textwall dump, as that can be overwhelming to a potential reader if done right off the start line.
Make an opening that will hook in the reader, and they'll be incentivized to continue the game.
Thanks for the advice! I'll avoid doing textdumps :D
If it’s interesting, I’ll read big chunks of lore! However, im not exactly sure where to find it. I don’t actively click on every bio, and instead I find people’s lore threads easier to follow back to their bio.

basically, I don’t search them out but I love reading em!
If it’s interesting, I’ll read big chunks of lore! However, im not exactly sure where to find it. I don’t actively click on every bio, and instead I find people’s lore threads easier to follow back to their bio.

basically, I don’t search them out but I love reading em!
i like minecraft (the video game)
Rw7uKRS.png
yes!! i enjoy wandering around peoples' lairs and reading lore, even if it's just little snippets. i've got a whole folder of bookmarked lore threads too
yes!! i enjoy wandering around peoples' lairs and reading lore, even if it's just little snippets. i've got a whole folder of bookmarked lore threads too
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
That sounds really fun. I like choose your own adventure stories.
That sounds really fun. I like choose your own adventure stories.
42779-183994797.jpg
1234567890puppyyyyy
1 2 3 4 5 6