Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2022
1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
[center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/907671634838683679/1059166644619972638/60cc184b0a308da864d9aa19c0b14e65.png[/img][/center] Here is my egg count over the years for those interested. I wanna say, just because the egg rate wasn't As Good as last year doesn't mean it wasn't better than in 2019/2020 and even further back. (I did better this year because last year I went on a trip to Colorado with my family and got very sick.) I think last year when staff allowed players to get chests from bonding with familiars it increased the general number of eggs most people, especially casual players were getting. This can be shown because after last year's NOTN I saw more unique users having stacks of eggs for sale over 2022 (I check egg stacks frequently because I hold my eggs to sell later in the year when the prices have gone back up.) And from the fact that egg prices permanently dropped from ~285-290g ea. in 2021 to not going above ~250g ea. in 2022. It's okay to be a bit sad if you didn't hit your goal or get quite as many as last year, but try to be fair and constructive to staff. They have to do their best to maintain the economy and make sure things don't explode or implode. Honestly besides a few missteps here and there I think staff does work hard to try and maintain FR's economy. Which, after playing Gaia Online for many years (I know), is such a wonderful thing to have. Please be thankful they actually care. And I do agree that numbers could be tweaked here and there so more casual players have a better chance at more eggs, but again it's important to remain fair, concise, and constructive when giving feedback instead of just whinging or getting mad that drop rates weren't exactly as good as last year. Anyways, see y'all in July when I sell my eggs o7 Edit + P.S. Staff next year can we get some swamp themed items? I think that'd be cool. A lil swamp vista and scene... or maybe some goopy apparel...
60cc184b0a308da864d9aa19c0b14e65.png

Here is my egg count over the years for those interested.

I wanna say, just because the egg rate wasn't As Good as last year doesn't mean it wasn't better than in 2019/2020 and even further back. (I did better this year because last year I went on a trip to Colorado with my family and got very sick.)

I think last year when staff allowed players to get chests from bonding with familiars it increased the general number of eggs most people, especially casual players were getting. This can be shown because after last year's NOTN I saw more unique users having stacks of eggs for sale over 2022 (I check egg stacks frequently because I hold my eggs to sell later in the year when the prices have gone back up.) And from the fact that egg prices permanently dropped from ~285-290g ea. in 2021 to not going above ~250g ea. in 2022.

It's okay to be a bit sad if you didn't hit your goal or get quite as many as last year, but try to be fair and constructive to staff. They have to do their best to maintain the economy and make sure things don't explode or implode. Honestly besides a few missteps here and there I think staff does work hard to try and maintain FR's economy. Which, after playing Gaia Online for many years (I know), is such a wonderful thing to have. Please be thankful they actually care.

And I do agree that numbers could be tweaked here and there so more casual players have a better chance at more eggs, but again it's important to remain fair, concise, and constructive when giving feedback instead of just whinging or getting mad that drop rates weren't exactly as good as last year.

Anyways, see y'all in July when I sell my eggs o7

Edit + P.S.
Staff next year can we get some swamp themed items? I think that'd be cool. A lil swamp vista and scene... or maybe some goopy apparel...
aaaaaaa 2iRFIjf.png
IpfqSZl.png
C6uVV3r.png rcPCtfe.png
qZrjH79.png
I didn't realize all the food would be gone immediately. [emoji=coatl scared size=1]
I didn't realize all the food would be gone immediately.
Modern dragons lair 7kXqKFJ.png COATL love!
Wait, the shop is closed? Now that we've stopped collecting items, we can't use them? (until next year at least?)
Wait, the shop is closed? Now that we've stopped collecting items, we can't use them? (until next year at least?)
This is a pattern of information that causes certain bits of your screen to light up
Well I had a fun NotN! I got a lot of projects finished and hatched some lovely dragons <3

A little sad it coincided with me staying with family and I didn't have as much energy to get involved with it as past years but I wouldn't trade family time for an online game, I just wish I could have both lol XD
Well I had a fun NotN! I got a lot of projects finished and hatched some lovely dragons <3

A little sad it coincided with me staying with family and I didn't have as much energy to get involved with it as past years but I wouldn't trade family time for an online game, I just wish I could have both lol XD
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
So uh, it says:

'IMPORTANT NOTE:
Strange Chests will disintegrate after 06:00 server time, January 4, 2023. Be sure to open all of them before the event ends!'

Does that mean I should still have a few chests? What does disintegrate mean in this context; are they converted to piles of dust or just gone?
So uh, it says:

'IMPORTANT NOTE:
Strange Chests will disintegrate after 06:00 server time, January 4, 2023. Be sure to open all of them before the event ends!'

Does that mean I should still have a few chests? What does disintegrate mean in this context; are they converted to piles of dust or just gone?
[quote name="Paks" date="2023-01-01 14:31:31" ] So uh, it says: 'IMPORTANT NOTE: Strange Chests will disintegrate after 06:00 server time, January 4, 2023. Be sure to open all of them before the event ends!' Does that mean I should still have a few chests? What does disintegrate mean in this context; are they converted to piles of dust or just gone? [/quote] Yeah, the chests will disintegrate to an item called Nocturnal Dust. So far we've had no specific use for it but I've tended to allow few chest to disintegrate after each NotN, just in case. Other people open all of them. But open them before the date given or they will turn to dust.
Paks wrote on 2023-01-01 14:31:31:
So uh, it says:

'IMPORTANT NOTE:

Yeah, the chests will disintegrate to an item called Nocturnal Dust. So far we've had no specific use for it but I've tended to allow few chest to disintegrate after each NotN, just in case. Other people open all of them. But open them before the date given or they will turn to dust.
Gah, need to update this some day. Hi, I'm in Shadow now.
spacedadbansmall.jpg
Oh to, I missed that the date when the chests disintegrate isn't the same date as when NotN ends and only put the disintegration date on my calendar, so I missed out on all the store purchases... I guess they'll all be back next year, right?
Oh to, I missed that the date when the chests disintegrate isn't the same date as when NotN ends and only put the disintegration date on my calendar, so I missed out on all the store purchases... I guess they'll all be back next year, right?
Didn't participate as much as the previous year, but I super enjoyed this NotN nonetheless! Can't have the holidays without NotN :) I really liked the new grand exchange shop, it was nice to be able to just convert all my items into chests all in one go rather than having to wait for them to show up at Swipp. And the new swirly genes look great! No coli this year, but I bonded with my 750~ familiars a couple of the days.

My totals (for those interested in stats):
- 361 chests
- 36 eggs
- 5 nocturne scrolls
- 3 smirch scrolls
- 7 paisley scrolls
- 5 fern scrolls
Didn't participate as much as the previous year, but I super enjoyed this NotN nonetheless! Can't have the holidays without NotN :) I really liked the new grand exchange shop, it was nice to be able to just convert all my items into chests all in one go rather than having to wait for them to show up at Swipp. And the new swirly genes look great! No coli this year, but I bonded with my 750~ familiars a couple of the days.

My totals (for those interested in stats):
- 361 chests
- 36 eggs
- 5 nocturne scrolls
- 3 smirch scrolls
- 7 paisley scrolls
- 5 fern scrolls
____________ iS24ah4.png
» roule | he / they • +0 fr time «
g1 collector • pixel artist
feel free to PM me about anything!

mediocre pixels (closed)
wishlist
551Emv8.png
Nooooo I missed NotN [emoji=coatl sad size=1]
Nooooo I missed NotN
tumblr_inline_nq0r70U4Ck1syr94a_500.png
Hope everyone had a great NotN, and I hope everyone has a good new year as well :D
Hope everyone had a great NotN, and I hope everyone has a good new year as well :D
ashmane_chimera.pngferberus.pngquillcrown_parda.png
1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67