Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Ettiquite with "Retired" Forum Game
While trying to find a particular forum game, an old game came up in the search results that I think could be fun! Thing is, the last post was almost seven years ago, and the creator and last participants seem to be inactive. Is it okay for me to respond to this old forum, or is it more polite for me to create my own version?
While trying to find a particular forum game, an old game came up in the search results that I think could be fun! Thing is, the last post was almost seven years ago, and the creator and last participants seem to be inactive. Is it okay for me to respond to this old forum, or is it more polite for me to create my own version?
Hi, you can call me Silver or Kay!
She/Her, They/Them
@SilverDewdrop146 There's no rule against posting in old threads if you're adding something relevant. But sometimes it's better to start a new thread as very old ones can contain outdated information.
It would probably be a better idea to start a new thread for your game, that way if you need to update any information or adjust any rules you'll be able to do that.
@SilverDewdrop146 There's no rule against posting in old threads if you're adding something relevant. But sometimes it's better to start a new thread as very old ones can contain outdated information.
It would probably be a better idea to start a new thread for your game, that way if you need to update any information or adjust any rules you'll be able to do that.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@SilverDewdrop146

Without knowing the specifics, my guess would be that posting a new version would make more sense. You'd be able to control/edit the original post, and would likely avoid some of the confusion that can accompany necromancy. If you think that giving credit to the original is appropriate, you could include a link to and say that your thread was inspired by it.

Edit: I was slower than Lonin! I agree with them.
@SilverDewdrop146

Without knowing the specifics, my guess would be that posting a new version would make more sense. You'd be able to control/edit the original post, and would likely avoid some of the confusion that can accompany necromancy. If you think that giving credit to the original is appropriate, you could include a link to and say that your thread was inspired by it.

Edit: I was slower than Lonin! I agree with them.
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to submit a Support Request. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
@Ara @Lonin Sounds good! Thank you both for the help :)
@Ara @Lonin Sounds good! Thank you both for the help :)
Hi, you can call me Silver or Kay!
She/Her, They/Them