Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [NotN] Change egg rates back to 9%.
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20 21
[quote name="Lykos" date="2022-12-27 13:14:12" ]. It doesn't flood the market at all. [/quote] But it will! Thousends of players thrue their 1 egg from 100 chests in overall count when with normal gaussian they thrue 0. We cut if gaussian from one end. So overall game should do something. Cut off from "lucky end" with long-strike-punishment or lower overall drop rates. (IE makes it as in our discussion case even lower then 8%)
Lykos wrote on 2022-12-27 13:14:12:
. It doesn't flood the market at all.
But it will! Thousends of players thrue their 1 egg from 100 chests in overall count when with normal gaussian they thrue 0.

We cut if gaussian from one end. So overall game should do something.

Cut off from "lucky end" with long-strike-punishment or lower overall drop rates. (IE makes it as in our discussion case even lower then 8%)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2022-12-27 13:21:23" ] [quote name="Lykos" date="2022-12-27 13:14:12" ]. It doesn't flood the market at all. [/quote] But it will! Thousends of players thrue their 1 egg from 100 chests in overall count when with normal gaussian they thrue 0. We cut if gaussian from one end. So overall game should do something. Cut off from "lucky end" with long-strike-punishment or lower overall drop rates. (IE makes it as in our discussion case even lower then 8%) [/quote] Alkhor, please read what I said originally. That was an [u]example[/u] because what you said gave the impression you didn't understand what a pity system was or how it worked. A properly balanced pity system will [u]not[/u] flood the market because it keeps the amount needed for just one egg reasonable (many games that use this usually go with a few hundred to a thousand shots before you get just one item) without rewarding the lucky, and only supplementing the unlucky. The point is the averages don't change because that's not enough eggs to make a difference. If you want egg rates lowered, then suggest it. I don't really feel we need even 8% as it is (all things considered). However, I'm talking about actually fixing the problem people have in this thread: horrific bad luck streaks without even one egg. This thread's suggestion would flood the market far more than a pity system as I suggest as long as the developers don't make it absurd. Edit: Also it is horrific game design to punish the lucky. That's asking to lose your player base. I have absolutely zero support for that idea no matter the justification.
Alkhor wrote on 2022-12-27 13:21:23:
But it will! Thousends of players thrue their 1 egg from 100 chests in overall count when with normal gaussian they thrue 0.

Cut off from "lucky end" with long-strike-punishment or lower overall drop rates. (IE makes it as in our discussion case even lower then 8%)

Alkhor, please read what I said originally. That was an example because what you said gave the impression you didn't understand what a pity system was or how it worked. A properly balanced pity system will not flood the market because it keeps the amount needed for just one egg reasonable (many games that use this usually go with a few hundred to a thousand shots before you get just one item) without rewarding the lucky, and only supplementing the unlucky. The point is the averages don't change because that's not enough eggs to make a difference.

If you want egg rates lowered, then suggest it. I don't really feel we need even 8% as it is (all things considered). However, I'm talking about actually fixing the problem people have in this thread: horrific bad luck streaks without even one egg. This thread's suggestion would flood the market far more than a pity system as I suggest as long as the developers don't make it absurd.

Edit:
Also it is horrific game design to punish the lucky. That's asking to lose your player base. I have absolutely zero support for that idea no matter the justification.
[quote name="Lykos" date="2022-12-27 13:34:14" ] [quote name="Alkhor" date="2022-12-27 13:21:23" ] [quote name="Lykos" date="2022-12-27 13:14:12" ]. It doesn't flood the market at all. [/quote] But it will! Thousends of players thrue their 1 egg from 100 chests in overall count when with normal gaussian they thrue 0. We cut if gaussian from one end. So overall game should do something. Cut off from "lucky end" with long-strike-punishment or lower overall drop rates. (IE makes it as in our discussion case even lower then 8%) [/quote] Alkhor, please read what I said originally. That was an [u]example[/u] because what you said gave the impression you didn't understand what a pity system was or how it worked. A properly balanced pity system will [u]not[/u] flood the market because it keeps the amount needed for just one egg reasonable (many games that use this usually go with a few hundred to a thousand shots before you get just one item) without rewarding the lucky, and only supplementing the unlucky. The point is the averages don't change because that's not enough eggs to make a difference. If you want egg rates lowered, then suggest it. I don't really feel we need even 8% as it is (all things considered). However, I'm talking about actually fixing the problem people have in this thread: horrific bad luck streaks without even one egg. This thread's suggestion would flood the market far more than a pity system as I suggest as long as the developers don't make it absurd. Edit: Also it is horrific game design to punish the lucky. That's asking to lose your player base. I have absolutely zero support for that idea no matter the justification. [/quote] I have impression you do not understand what I am saying about it. Average is average. 0-s not ignored in counting. And if 0 turne into number (any number) it in the end affect on average. I do not what lowering rates, but seems it is necessary step in pitying system. And I assume it leads to even more cruing then we have before (with threads about bad luck every time)
Lykos wrote on 2022-12-27 13:34:14:

Alkhor, please read what I said originally. That was an example because what you said gave the impression you didn't understand what a pity system was or how it worked. A properly balanced pity system will not flood the market because it keeps the amount needed for just one egg reasonable (many games that use this usually go with a few hundred to a thousand shots before you get just one item) without rewarding the lucky, and only supplementing the unlucky. The point is the averages don't change because that's not enough eggs to make a difference.

If you want egg rates lowered, then suggest it. I don't really feel we need even 8% as it is (all things considered). However, I'm talking about actually fixing the problem people have in this thread: horrific bad luck streaks without even one egg. This thread's suggestion would flood the market far more than a pity system as I suggest as long as the developers don't make it absurd.

Edit:
Also it is horrific game design to punish the lucky. That's asking to lose your player base. I have absolutely zero support for that idea no matter the justification.
I have impression you do not understand what I am saying about it.

Average is average. 0-s not ignored in counting. And if 0 turne into number (any number) it in the end affect on average.

I do not what lowering rates, but seems it is necessary step in pitying system.
And I assume it leads to even more cruing then we have before (with threads about bad luck every time)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2022-12-27 13:56:20" ] [quote name="Lykos" date="2022-12-27 13:34:14" ] [quote name="Alkhor" date="2022-12-27 13:21:23" ] [quote name="Lykos" date="2022-12-27 13:14:12" ]. It doesn't flood the market at all. [/quote] But it will! Thousends of players thrue their 1 egg from 100 chests in overall count when with normal gaussian they thrue 0. We cut if gaussian from one end. So overall game should do something. Cut off from "lucky end" with long-strike-punishment or lower overall drop rates. (IE makes it as in our discussion case even lower then 8%) [/quote] Alkhor, please read what I said originally. That was an [u]example[/u] because what you said gave the impression you didn't understand what a pity system was or how it worked. A properly balanced pity system will [u]not[/u] flood the market because it keeps the amount needed for just one egg reasonable (many games that use this usually go with a few hundred to a thousand shots before you get just one item) without rewarding the lucky, and only supplementing the unlucky. The point is the averages don't change because that's not enough eggs to make a difference. If you want egg rates lowered, then suggest it. I don't really feel we need even 8% as it is (all things considered). However, I'm talking about actually fixing the problem people have in this thread: horrific bad luck streaks without even one egg. This thread's suggestion would flood the market far more than a pity system as I suggest as long as the developers don't make it absurd. Edit: Also it is horrific game design to punish the lucky. That's asking to lose your player base. I have absolutely zero support for that idea no matter the justification. [/quote] I have impression you do not understand what I am saying about it. Average is average. 0-s not ignored in counting. And if 0 turne into number (any number) it in the end affect on average. I do not what lowering rates, but seems it is necessary step in pitying system. And I assume it leads to even more cruing then we have before (with threads about bad luck every time) [/quote] No, I very much understand what you're saying. You're saying the people getting nothing suddenly getting one thing is going to flood the market. However, again, that's not inherently true. Remember that lucky streaks will turn into unlucky ones too. There's constant tradeoff going on somewhere. Not everyone is hitting an average of 8%. One egg here and there will not actually make a drastic difference. It's like going from 8% to 8.25%. It's so negligible no one will actually notice the change enough to matter there as long as it is done right. Pity systems balance themselves out. The chance to get an egg is 8%. So let's say you need 500 chests of zero eggs to hit the pity goal. That's 1 egg for 500 chests. That's less than the 8% average. An average person would get around 40 eggs from that many chests. Yes, I understand that it would be, I don't know, probably a few hundred people having occasional bad luck like that. However, the dent that makes is equivalent to a gnat slapping a horse: the horse doesn't even notice the slap. Averages need highs and lows, be those lows 0s or 1s or the highs being 40 or 30. Lower rates aren't a necessity for the pity system, they're necessary for the egg market because chests are insanely common right now and people are still holding onto excess. Also, we get these threads every year. Should expect them no matter what. Those are truly inevitable. We'd get them even at a 50/50 rate for eggs. I'm ambivalent to what changes, but I don't think a pity system is a bad idea so people can at least get one or a few high tier rewards.
Alkhor wrote on 2022-12-27 13:56:20:
Lykos wrote on 2022-12-27 13:34:14:

Edit:
I have impression you do not understand what I am saying about it.

Average is average. 0-s not ignored in counting. And if 0 turne into number (any number) it in the end affect on average.

I do not what lowering rates, but seems it is necessary step in pitying system.
And I assume it leads to even more cruing then we have before (with threads about bad luck every time)

No, I very much understand what you're saying. You're saying the people getting nothing suddenly getting one thing is going to flood the market. However, again, that's not inherently true. Remember that lucky streaks will turn into unlucky ones too. There's constant tradeoff going on somewhere. Not everyone is hitting an average of 8%. One egg here and there will not actually make a drastic difference. It's like going from 8% to 8.25%. It's so negligible no one will actually notice the change enough to matter there as long as it is done right.

Pity systems balance themselves out. The chance to get an egg is 8%. So let's say you need 500 chests of zero eggs to hit the pity goal. That's 1 egg for 500 chests. That's less than the 8% average. An average person would get around 40 eggs from that many chests. Yes, I understand that it would be, I don't know, probably a few hundred people having occasional bad luck like that. However, the dent that makes is equivalent to a gnat slapping a horse: the horse doesn't even notice the slap. Averages need highs and lows, be those lows 0s or 1s or the highs being 40 or 30. Lower rates aren't a necessity for the pity system, they're necessary for the egg market because chests are insanely common right now and people are still holding onto excess.

Also, we get these threads every year. Should expect them no matter what. Those are truly inevitable. We'd get them even at a 50/50 rate for eggs. I'm ambivalent to what changes, but I don't think a pity system is a bad idea so people can at least get one or a few high tier rewards.
Or, alternately, everybody, sell 13 chests @16g each and buy an egg if you'd like a guaranteed egg. Or a nocturne scroll. Or a smirch gene. Or a snapper nutcracker. Really, anything you want.

It's just...every time we have other suggestions, there's always somebody coming around saying that the staff shouldn't waste resources on something they wouldn't personally use. Here's 16 pages worth of suggestions, each with possibly the world's easiest workaround, so I figured we were overdue.

Also, just because I'm a little tired- the fact that eggs are so valuable is something player-driven. While the staff should acknowledge this, I'm highly uncomfortable with the idea that people are referring to all the other NOTN as "nothing." Sure, they might not be the most valuable items, but they're not "nothing". When I was a new player, I joined right around NOTN. Having so many familiars and apparal floating around really helped me get a good start in the came. My dragon's first clothes were the blue gossamer cloak things, and I remember being so excited when I first got to add candles to my fae. Sure, maybe you can't flip and resell them for hundreds of gems, but you can sell them. Even at hoardsell, they still have value. And, even if selling them isn't fun, the NOTN "junk" provides a lot of fun for a lot of players. Eggs are great, I get it (actually, no I don't - I buy pretty fodder g1's and put the thousands of gems I saved towards genes), but they aren't the only thing that makes NOTN an enjoyable experience.
Or, alternately, everybody, sell 13 chests @16g each and buy an egg if you'd like a guaranteed egg. Or a nocturne scroll. Or a smirch gene. Or a snapper nutcracker. Really, anything you want.

It's just...every time we have other suggestions, there's always somebody coming around saying that the staff shouldn't waste resources on something they wouldn't personally use. Here's 16 pages worth of suggestions, each with possibly the world's easiest workaround, so I figured we were overdue.

Also, just because I'm a little tired- the fact that eggs are so valuable is something player-driven. While the staff should acknowledge this, I'm highly uncomfortable with the idea that people are referring to all the other NOTN as "nothing." Sure, they might not be the most valuable items, but they're not "nothing". When I was a new player, I joined right around NOTN. Having so many familiars and apparal floating around really helped me get a good start in the came. My dragon's first clothes were the blue gossamer cloak things, and I remember being so excited when I first got to add candles to my fae. Sure, maybe you can't flip and resell them for hundreds of gems, but you can sell them. Even at hoardsell, they still have value. And, even if selling them isn't fun, the NOTN "junk" provides a lot of fun for a lot of players. Eggs are great, I get it (actually, no I don't - I buy pretty fodder g1's and put the thousands of gems I saved towards genes), but they aren't the only thing that makes NOTN an enjoyable experience.
thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
@ChocolateKittens
Thank you for this take! While eggs are fun to hatch, my absolute favourite part of NotN is the apparel. And I'm not even that big on familiars, but I love the mimic designs so much (the book swarm, the keys, the tea set?? honestly all of them are so good and I wish I had an Undertide fidget toy in real life).
@ChocolateKittens
Thank you for this take! While eggs are fun to hatch, my absolute favourite part of NotN is the apparel. And I'm not even that big on familiars, but I love the mimic designs so much (the book swarm, the keys, the tea set?? honestly all of them are so good and I wish I had an Undertide fidget toy in real life).
1lu6sg3.gif
the seas are lovely, dark and deep...
but we have promises to keep, and miles to go before we sleep

velsim #52577, the not-quite-drowned. - wishlist | sales | accents
@ChocolateKittens I agree with you.Yeah eggs are fine and all. But my main complaint here isn't 8% in the chest. That's okay. Well. The chest itself is over stuffed with items in my opinion when some of it can be in the new store now.

My whole issue is the % drop of chests in the coli because I like to rely on myself to farm stuff. I don't like going to the AH and dropping a lot of gems for chests. And I like saving the hoard items just in case I need them for the holiday store. The cost of the chest in the store with the items is a bit too expensive for my taste so I don't invest in those purchases.

I like hunting other items besides eggs. Like the new fidget familiars and apparel. But it's kinda hard when your main go to to get chests has been nerfed so hard. I like grinding the coli and this time of the year is when I grind the hardest in the coli.
@ChocolateKittens I agree with you.Yeah eggs are fine and all. But my main complaint here isn't 8% in the chest. That's okay. Well. The chest itself is over stuffed with items in my opinion when some of it can be in the new store now.

My whole issue is the % drop of chests in the coli because I like to rely on myself to farm stuff. I don't like going to the AH and dropping a lot of gems for chests. And I like saving the hoard items just in case I need them for the holiday store. The cost of the chest in the store with the items is a bit too expensive for my taste so I don't invest in those purchases.

I like hunting other items besides eggs. Like the new fidget familiars and apparel. But it's kinda hard when your main go to to get chests has been nerfed so hard. I like grinding the coli and this time of the year is when I grind the hardest in the coli.
FObX7rS.png
89Dad3a.png
ld1Fjwz.png
Seconding the points made by ChocolateKittens. There'd been something bothering me about this thread almost from the start and ChocolateKittens finally hit the nail on the head - that there's so much else in the chests beyond eggs. NotN has the best familiar, apparel, and now, scenes and genes and the idea people are acting like chests without eggs contain nothing strikes me as kind of unpleasant. I like collecting familiars and dressing dragons, it's kind of the point of the site. Yeah eggs are great, but so's breeding and purchasing project dragons from the AH (lately I've been selling chests to get funding for my latest gening project, it's going to be so cool when it's done!).

You open ten chests and get genes, familiars and apparel and that's not nothing.No metter what you get, you still come out with more than you went in with. Or you sell those chests until you have enough gems or treasure to purchase the egg of your choice - which gets you eggs faster than opening chests.
Seconding the points made by ChocolateKittens. There'd been something bothering me about this thread almost from the start and ChocolateKittens finally hit the nail on the head - that there's so much else in the chests beyond eggs. NotN has the best familiar, apparel, and now, scenes and genes and the idea people are acting like chests without eggs contain nothing strikes me as kind of unpleasant. I like collecting familiars and dressing dragons, it's kind of the point of the site. Yeah eggs are great, but so's breeding and purchasing project dragons from the AH (lately I've been selling chests to get funding for my latest gening project, it's going to be so cool when it's done!).

You open ten chests and get genes, familiars and apparel and that's not nothing.No metter what you get, you still come out with more than you went in with. Or you sell those chests until you have enough gems or treasure to purchase the egg of your choice - which gets you eggs faster than opening chests.
I'm saying this as a returning player on a new account and I have never played NOTN before but... is it possible people are just getting unlucky? I've gotten 3 eggs from chests in the day and a half I've been playing, and while I have gotten to play a lot today, I don't think I've opened more then 30 chests.
I'm saying this as a returning player on a new account and I have never played NOTN before but... is it possible people are just getting unlucky? I've gotten 3 eggs from chests in the day and a half I've been playing, and while I have gotten to play a lot today, I don't think I've opened more then 30 chests.
No support.

Look...I know everyone wants eggs. Personally, I don't entirely see the appeal (cause then I have to spend so much on the genes that I want, and I wouldn't be able to get some genes I want because they're gem genes), but regardless, RNG is a fickle thing.

I collect anywhere from 50-120ish chests a day. I've gotten 20-some-odd eggs in the past week, which probably is quite a bit lower than the magical 8%, but hey, that's just how RNG works.

RNG is fickle. In the time since the Primal Eye Type was revealed, I've only had one hatch. I've been around Flight Rising for a long time. RNG is how this game works. Sometimes, it's going to be in your favor, and at other times, it's not going to. be. It's the nature of the beast. If you would like some eggs, there's always the auction house to purchase them if you haven't been able to find any in chests.

NotN is my favorite event here, and it's come quite a ways since the first year where it really was rough to get chests, eggs, breed change scrolls, all of it. If anything, I've been feeling that it's too easy. Eggs are rare. They're one of the rarest drops in the entire game. It shouldn't be easy to get eggs at all.
No support.

Look...I know everyone wants eggs. Personally, I don't entirely see the appeal (cause then I have to spend so much on the genes that I want, and I wouldn't be able to get some genes I want because they're gem genes), but regardless, RNG is a fickle thing.

I collect anywhere from 50-120ish chests a day. I've gotten 20-some-odd eggs in the past week, which probably is quite a bit lower than the magical 8%, but hey, that's just how RNG works.

RNG is fickle. In the time since the Primal Eye Type was revealed, I've only had one hatch. I've been around Flight Rising for a long time. RNG is how this game works. Sometimes, it's going to be in your favor, and at other times, it's not going to. be. It's the nature of the beast. If you would like some eggs, there's always the auction house to purchase them if you haven't been able to find any in chests.

NotN is my favorite event here, and it's come quite a ways since the first year where it really was rough to get chests, eggs, breed change scrolls, all of it. If anything, I've been feeling that it's too easy. Eggs are rare. They're one of the rarest drops in the entire game. It shouldn't be easy to get eggs at all.
jt3PpxV.png

57IQneR.png
VA1XCHD.png
tumblr_inline_muyatr50kb1r2ctmi.png

7047518a37213b98173b65a97a99bc48af10aa58.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20 21