Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [DISCUSSION] Little Witchy Christmas
1 2 ... 94 95 96 97 98 ... 102 103
Oh, Berry beat me to that [quote name="BerryBagel" date="2022-12-22 18:58:04" ] Wait, so the implication here is that if shimmer bodyguarded the vig shot from Nat, Nat's night action would have shown as a visit to SHIMMER? Aight I don't think I understand what happened during N1 anymore. Nat straight-up said she tried to kill me, and I have no self protect roles. So Shimmer may have been... A non-bodyguard type of healer? And got killed by an action with a random target, maybe? Or a hidden action? [/quote] I wonder if Shimmer just died of poison then??? Did Inu protect you somehow? Were all visits revealed????? I am so confused
Oh, Berry beat me to that
BerryBagel wrote on 2022-12-22 18:58:04:
Wait, so the implication here is that if shimmer bodyguarded the vig shot from Nat, Nat's night action would have shown as a visit to SHIMMER?

Aight I don't think I understand what happened during N1 anymore. Nat straight-up said she tried to kill me, and I have no self protect roles. So Shimmer may have been... A non-bodyguard type of healer? And got killed by an action with a random target, maybe? Or a hidden action?

I wonder if Shimmer just died of poison then??? Did Inu protect you somehow? Were all visits revealed????? I am so confused
e49ylni.png
P9pWXTH.png
p8qgXPn.gif
I think storm is the only player who hasn't roleclaimed yet, and I'm wondering if she can shed any additional light on the N1 Bagel save
I think storm is the only player who hasn't roleclaimed yet, and I'm wondering if she can shed any additional light on the N1 Bagel save
She/her ~ FR Time +3
11514.png
Yeah I am really curious to hear from Storm today. She's sort of the missing puzzle piece for both nights imo
Yeah I am really curious to hear from Storm today. She's sort of the missing puzzle piece for both nights imo
e49ylni.png
P9pWXTH.png
p8qgXPn.gif
[quote name="natsinabucket" date="2022-12-22 19:10:30" ] Quote: Therefore, in the case you listed, the mafia would visit the bodyguard. The bodyguard essentially redirects kills from their target to themselves UM Am I misreading this really badly? Does this mean if Shimmer bodyguarded my hit on night 1 it would have shown as a visit to them, not to Berry??? Why did Berry survive? And how did Shimmer die?????? maybe I'm just misinterpreting but UHHH? [/quote] My answer only applies to the “bodyguard” (a protective role that absorbs the kill), which is what you all asked. This does not apply to all other possible protection roles, and I also never said it does. I also double checked and my answer does not have any mistakes.
natsinabucket wrote on 2022-12-22 19:10:30:
Quote:
Therefore, in the case you listed, the mafia would visit the bodyguard.
The bodyguard essentially redirects kills from their target to themselves

UM

Am I misreading this really badly? Does this mean if Shimmer bodyguarded my hit on night 1 it would have shown as a visit to them, not to Berry???

Why did Berry survive? And how did Shimmer die??????

maybe I'm just misinterpreting but UHHH?

My answer only applies to the “bodyguard” (a protective role that absorbs the kill), which is what you all asked. This does not apply to all other possible protection roles, and I also never said it does.

I also double checked and my answer does not have any mistakes.
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
OK so Shimmer could have had some other, non-bodyguard role that would let her jump in front of Berry. I am going to go back to guessing she got hit by my shot.

Thank you for clarifying, Tangle!
OK so Shimmer could have had some other, non-bodyguard role that would let her jump in front of Berry. I am going to go back to guessing she got hit by my shot.

e49ylni.png
P9pWXTH.png
p8qgXPn.gif
here we go: sorry i am very not smart so i'm just going to leave the info of my night visit here and let you all decide what to do with it because i checked some things and it seems like my tinfoil hat theory is almost certainly not true [b]i visited dandelion and saw that nobody visited them[/b] [quote name="dandelionfires" date="2022-12-21 20:56:52" ] Thank you, please do! If [i]I[/i] make it until morning I will frankly be shocked because mafia would be a little silly to not take me out at this point. And you know what? If a vig killing ability gets misdirected onto me I won't even be mad. Just put me out of my misery and let me rest /lh[/quote] what's really interesting to me is the fact that,, dandelion was so certain that they were going to die n2, yet the mafia did not even attempt to do so. also there were no redirects on the killing abilities so i'm very curious to see what inu did with their ability.
here we go:

sorry i am very not smart so i'm just going to leave the info of my night visit here and let you all decide what to do with it because i checked some things and it seems like my tinfoil hat theory is almost certainly not true

i visited dandelion and saw that nobody visited them
dandelionfires wrote on 2022-12-21 20:56:52:
Thank you, please do!

If I make it until morning I will frankly be shocked because mafia would be a little silly to not take me out at this point. And you know what? If a vig killing ability gets misdirected onto me I won't even be mad. Just put me out of my misery and let me rest /lh

what's really interesting to me is the fact that,, dandelion was so certain that they were going to die n2, yet the mafia did not even attempt to do so. also there were no redirects on the killing abilities so i'm very curious to see what inu did with their ability.
1HKauy9.png
catching up with the thread aaaAAAAAAH i'm sorry i'm sorry been really tired these couple of days but i am re-energized from a couple days of sleeping in until 11am so! nat's [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3193375/89#post_53013114]claim of their role[/url] on page 89 honestly sounds believable. even though i disagree with wolf being very mafia-like, i do understand the reasoning behind why town!nat would have shot wolf. if noone else counterclaims nat, i am inclined to believe that nat is not lying about their abilities. (and won't be mafia, at least. because that's too much killing power for mafia! and mafia would probably save their lightning vigshot to use at melo for an insta-win. maybe? though, seeing that there's also potentially a poisoner 3p, having another stabby-stabby 3p seems like too much killing power in the game, so i'm also inclined to believe that nat isn't 3p.) ----- [quote name="swimmergirl0903" date="2022-12-21 19:41:47" ] @/dandelionfires Oh wow that is a mega brain play ._. I wish I could be this smart. I do have a few questions for you though, if I was mafia and flying under the radar, wouldn't night 1 be the prime time for me to use my abilities? [b]Well. I did actually do something on night 1, I used a protection ability. On myself.[/b] I was very scared of being poisoned again and killed night one. Tangle did say [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2022-12-20 06:01:55" ] Abilities with self as a target also does not show as a visit [/quote] since I was not using it on anyone else, it did not show. -snip- [/quote] swimmer's post on page 90 is ????? because this was not what swimmer was saying at the start of day 2 [i]at all[/i]: [quote name="swimmergirl0903" date="2022-12-19 09:16:32" ] [quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2022-12-19 09:11:45" ] It looks like 4 people did not have a listed visit for one reason or another last night [/quote] I will say this, my abilities are limited and would be more useful to use later on [/quote] i'd push swimmer on this but swimmer's ded (and not town!) rip so i'll stop here. but [i]hmmmmm.[/i] swimmer's self-protect claim is not entirely believable edit: yeah, and what dandelion said [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3193375/90#post_53013410]here[/url] too :o
catching up with the thread aaaAAAAAAH i'm sorry i'm sorry been really tired these couple of days but i am re-energized from a couple days of sleeping in until 11am so!

nat's claim of their role on page 89 honestly sounds believable. even though i disagree with wolf being very mafia-like, i do understand the reasoning behind why town!nat would have shot wolf. if noone else counterclaims nat, i am inclined to believe that nat is not lying about their abilities. (and won't be mafia, at least. because that's too much killing power for mafia! and mafia would probably save their lightning vigshot to use at melo for an insta-win. maybe? though, seeing that there's also potentially a poisoner 3p, having another stabby-stabby 3p seems like too much killing power in the game, so i'm also inclined to believe that nat isn't 3p.)

swimmergirl0903 wrote on 2022-12-21 19:41:47:
@/dandelionfires
Oh wow that is a mega brain play ._. I wish I could be this smart. I do have a few questions for you though, if I was mafia and flying under the radar, wouldn't night 1 be the prime time for me to use my abilities? Well. I did actually do something on night 1, I used a protection ability. On myself. I was very scared of being poisoned again and killed night one. Tangle did say
Tanglefire wrote on 2022-12-20 06:01:55:
Abilities with self as a target also does not show as a visit
since I was not using it on anyone else, it did not show.
-snip-
swimmer's post on page 90 is ????? because this was not what swimmer was saying at the start of day 2 at all:
swimmergirl0903 wrote on 2022-12-19 09:16:32:
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2022-12-19 09:11:45:
It looks like 4 people did not have a listed visit for one reason or another last night
I will say this, my abilities are limited and would be more useful to use later on
i'd push swimmer on this but swimmer's ded (and not town!) rip so i'll stop here. but hmmmmm. swimmer's self-protect claim is not entirely believable

edit: yeah, and what dandelion said here too :o
jghAv2V.png
on page 92! huh :o i was lowkey expecting potato to flip 3p. as mafia i'd probably have tried a little more sabotaging, purposefully being buddy-buddy with some of the players by random to throw town into 10000 levels of wifom, etc etc. [quote name="@ArtMajor" date="2022-12-22 08:40:34" ] So just, for honesty's sake, I took my shot from Nat and used it to kill Swimmer because a lot of how n2 ended was really weird to me, and I was also afraid Ainsell was going to be protected by maf team tonight, and I didn't want to self-destruct, yknow? On the plus side...Swimmer at least wasn't town? [/quote] art killing swimmer sort of. makes sense? but curious that art never considered using their shot on potato in their post here. art wouldn't have known that nat was going to shoot potato! considering how potato and swimmer flipped, i'm hesitant to read art's swimmer vigkill as town. still, art going after hiii to copy their ability makes sense from a town perspective (seeing as hiii could've been one of the hidden berry killers from n1). though, hiii is also one of the only members that have not roleclaimed yet, so mafia!art trying to figure out hiii's abilities also makes sense. so hm! though, if hiii is a watcher then it makes no sense for hiii to not have used their ability n1 :O @hiii sorry if i missed it, but [b]why did you not use your ability n1? [/b]my recollection re: what happened at the start of d2 when asked about who you visited was that you didn't want to roleclaim. [quote name="@BerryBagel" date="2022-12-22 13:17:19" ] Otherwise, I agree with pretty much all of Art’s post here. [quote=Art]I am clear Nat is clear Hiii is clear Inu is clear Berry is clear[/quote] Obviously I was totally wrong about Nat and Art. Nat is now hard-cleared as town imo. Art could still technically be a mafia role-copier, I guess, but her immediate sharing of Hiii’s ability today reads as extremely town to me, so I’m considering her soft-cleared. In my defense, Nat did try to kill me N1, and I think it was fair to be suspicious of that. Hiii claiming scribe unchallenged is another practically confirmed townie. [/quote] hi berry i hate how i keep butting heads with you, (and maybe i'm biased because this is clearing too many people when i [i]know[/i] there's likely to be two mafia members left) but: [LIST] [*] i do not think art is clear. at all. maybe it's because i am paranoid and it's totally something i'd do as mafia, but hiii probably was going to claim watcher/tracker later when pressured, so revealing hiii's role to soft-clear them would both put art on hiii's good side, [i]and[/i] earn townie points. added with how art didn't really seem to consider shooting potato (who was mafia) at all last night, hmmmm. [*] there might not be a watcher / tracker ability in this game [i]at all[/i], since this is a closed setup game. hiii being uncounterclaimed doesn't necessarily clear them. also: since we still haven't figured out how the alignment conversion could have happened and it might have happened without a visit (if i recall correctly), having a watcher role, despite being a usually-town role, does not mean hiii could not have been converted into mafia. [/LIST]
on page 92!

huh :o i was lowkey expecting potato to flip 3p. as mafia i'd probably have tried a little more sabotaging, purposefully being buddy-buddy with some of the players by random to throw town into 10000 levels of wifom, etc etc.

@ArtMajor wrote on 2022-12-22 08:40:34:
So just, for honesty's sake, I took my shot from Nat and used it to kill Swimmer because a lot of how n2 ended was really weird to me, and I was also afraid Ainsell was going to be protected by maf team tonight, and I didn't want to self-destruct, yknow? On the plus side...Swimmer at least wasn't town?
art killing swimmer sort of. makes sense? but curious that art never considered using their shot on potato in their post here. art wouldn't have known that nat was going to shoot potato! considering how potato and swimmer flipped, i'm hesitant to read art's swimmer vigkill as town.

still, art going after hiii to copy their ability makes sense from a town perspective (seeing as hiii could've been one of the hidden berry killers from n1). though, hiii is also one of the only members that have not roleclaimed yet, so mafia!art trying to figure out hiii's abilities also makes sense. so hm!

though, if hiii is a watcher then it makes no sense for hiii to not have used their ability n1 :O @hiii sorry if i missed it, but why did you not use your ability n1? my recollection re: what happened at the start of d2 when asked about who you visited was that you didn't want to roleclaim.

@BerryBagel wrote on 2022-12-22 13:17:19:
Otherwise, I agree with pretty much all of Art’s post here.
Art wrote:
I am clear
Nat is clear
Hiii is clear
Inu is clear
Berry is clear

Obviously I was totally wrong about Nat and Art. Nat is now hard-cleared as town imo. Art could still technically be a mafia role-copier, I guess, but her immediate sharing of Hiii’s ability today reads as extremely town to me, so I’m considering her soft-cleared. In my defense, Nat did try to kill me N1, and I think it was fair to be suspicious of that.

Hiii claiming scribe unchallenged is another practically confirmed townie.

hi berry i hate how i keep butting heads with you, (and maybe i'm biased because this is clearing too many people when i know there's likely to be two mafia members left) but:
  • i do not think art is clear. at all. maybe it's because i am paranoid and it's totally something i'd do as mafia, but hiii probably was going to claim watcher/tracker later when pressured, so revealing hiii's role to soft-clear them would both put art on hiii's good side, and earn townie points. added with how art didn't really seem to consider shooting potato (who was mafia) at all last night, hmmmm.
  • there might not be a watcher / tracker ability in this game at all, since this is a closed setup game. hiii being uncounterclaimed doesn't necessarily clear them. also: since we still haven't figured out how the alignment conversion could have happened and it might have happened without a visit (if i recall correctly), having a watcher role, despite being a usually-town role, does not mean hiii could not have been converted into mafia.
jghAv2V.png
[quote name="@Hiii" date="2022-12-22 15:01:37" ] so i'm seeing a lot of people interested in what my night visit yielded but i recommend focusing more on discussion because it's not actually as mindblowing as it might seem but if potato was NOT the convert,, we might have a clue as to who it actually is [/quote] hiii's stalling here is ??????, because there is literally no incentive to not reveal who your target is (because we already know that you're a tracker?). maybe i'm tunnelling a bit, but it seems like you're stalling to think about what result to claim :v edit: hiii later revealed to have watched over dandelion, and that noone visited dandelion, but i still don't see why stalling the reveal would make sense. @hiii can you explain what you meant by "but if potato was NOT the convert,, we might have a clue as to who it actually is" ;o ----- [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2022-12-22 17:40:37" ] @/Ainsell Protective roles (including “bodyguards”) all visit their protected target. Visits shown are the final visiting target (after all switching & abilities). Therefore, in the case you listed, the mafia would visit the bodyguard. The bodyguard essentially redirects kills from their target to themselves [/quote] this does not make sense [i]what[/i]. prior to this i was also guessing that the visits as revealed by the illuminator was because of nat shooting berry, shimmer bodyguarding berry and dying in berry's stead, and mafia might have been unable to kill due to them using their conversion. [quote name="natsinabucket" date="2022-12-22 20:04:44" ] OK so Shimmer could have had some other, non-bodyguard role that would let her jump in front of Berry. I am going to go back to guessing she got hit by my shot. Thank you for clarifying, Tangle! [/quote] but also this is hmmmmm and i don't like how nat automatically dismisses what tangle's post is implying (that shimmer being berry's bodyguard doesn't add up). maybe because i can't think of any other, non-bodyguard role that would let shimmer jump in front of Berry. [i]????????[/i]
@Hiii wrote on 2022-12-22 15:01:37:
so i'm seeing a lot of people interested in what my night visit yielded but i recommend focusing more on discussion because it's not actually as mindblowing as it might seem but if potato was NOT the convert,, we might have a clue as to who it actually is

hiii's stalling here is ??????, because there is literally no incentive to not reveal who your target is (because we already know that you're a tracker?). maybe i'm tunnelling a bit, but it seems like you're stalling to think about what result to claim :v

edit: hiii later revealed to have watched over dandelion, and that noone visited dandelion, but i still don't see why stalling the reveal would make sense. @hiii can you explain what you meant by "but if potato was NOT the convert,, we might have a clue as to who it actually is" ;o

Tanglefire wrote on 2022-12-22 17:40:37:
@/Ainsell

Protective roles (including “bodyguards”) all visit their protected target.

Visits shown are the final visiting target (after all switching & abilities). Therefore, in the case you listed, the mafia would visit the bodyguard.
The bodyguard essentially redirects kills from their target to themselves

this does not make sense what. prior to this i was also guessing that the visits as revealed by the illuminator was because of nat shooting berry, shimmer bodyguarding berry and dying in berry's stead, and mafia might have been unable to kill due to them using their conversion.
natsinabucket wrote on 2022-12-22 20:04:44:

but also this is hmmmmm and i don't like how nat automatically dismisses what tangle's post is implying (that shimmer being berry's bodyguard doesn't add up). maybe because i can't think of any other, non-bodyguard role that would let shimmer jump in front of Berry. ????????
jghAv2V.png
also @BerryBagel @natsinabucket @ anyone else interested

i, unfortunately, have no information re: night actions to offer because i did not use my action on both nights.

remember how i said i picked the most terrifying thing i could think of? the stuff of your nightmares?

i am a phone on 1% battery. i will prevent myself from full roleclaiming but!

as a result of only having 1% battery remaining, i will die 2 days after my first use of my X-shot. between the poisoning and kills, there was a possibility of town numbers going down really quickly, and i figured staying alive was probably more important in the long run to town.

also random thought: i don't think anyone has claimed the illumination (revealing who visited what) on day 1, right :o why why why
also @BerryBagel @natsinabucket @ anyone else interested

i, unfortunately, have no information re: night actions to offer because i did not use my action on both nights.

remember how i said i picked the most terrifying thing i could think of? the stuff of your nightmares?

i am a phone on 1% battery. i will prevent myself from full roleclaiming but!

as a result of only having 1% battery remaining, i will die 2 days after my first use of my X-shot. between the poisoning and kills, there was a possibility of town numbers going down really quickly, and i figured staying alive was probably more important in the long run to town.

also random thought: i don't think anyone has claimed the illumination (revealing who visited what) on day 1, right :o why why why
jghAv2V.png
1 2 ... 94 95 96 97 98 ... 102 103