Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Egg rate this year?
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I've noticed barely any change this year with my egg drops from chests compared to last year, which makes sense (and I open quite a few chests!). Unfortunately, I think some people have been struck with some bad luck.

It's possible we'll notice a bigger difference with the whole move from Swipp to Higgin's at the end of NOTN, as that's generally when people used to start having massive stacks of items they couldn't trade in for chests.
I've noticed barely any change this year with my egg drops from chests compared to last year, which makes sense (and I open quite a few chests!). Unfortunately, I think some people have been struck with some bad luck.

It's possible we'll notice a bigger difference with the whole move from Swipp to Higgin's at the end of NOTN, as that's generally when people used to start having massive stacks of items they couldn't trade in for chests.
Sorry, signature will be back in five minutes! Perhaps.
Wow--I've gotten about ten so far (sometimes 3 eggs in 10 chests) and I haven't opened all that many chests, probably less than a hundred.
I usually just store up my eggs to try and sell in the summertime.
Wow--I've gotten about ten so far (sometimes 3 eggs in 10 chests) and I haven't opened all that many chests, probably less than a hundred.
I usually just store up my eggs to try and sell in the summertime.
uDNAbBS.png
[quote name="Xairathan" date="2022-12-19 16:54:37" ] [quote name="bakugames" date="2022-12-19 15:35:18" ] [quote name="Xairathan" date="2022-12-19 14:58:49" ] Balancing issues aside, I'm more angry that this is announced literally nowhere else on the site. One could argue that egg-hunting is THE core draw of Night of the Nocturne, and the rate for this main mechanic has been altered to a degree that players are noticing, and where is this information given? Hidden away in a thread in a forum that maybe 10% of FR players, if at all, bother to look at. When gacha companies, whose entire existences are predicated on exploiting gambling addictions for profit, are better at publicly and widely disclosing modifications to their rates to their playerbase, something is HECKED up [/quote] it was a decrease of 1%, this feels like an extreme reaction for something like that. most people would have the same bad luck with the old system tbh [/quote] It was a decrease of 1%, and yet enough players are feeling the ramifications of it that this thread (and several other complaints elsewhere) exist, so... clearly not. [/quote] like i said, people are more likely to complain about unluckiness than luck. for every person complaining here, there's another with good luck and 10 more with average luck. you're just having bad luck, not much else
Xairathan wrote on 2022-12-19 16:54:37:
bakugames wrote on 2022-12-19 15:35:18:
Xairathan wrote on 2022-12-19 14:58:49:
Balancing issues aside, I'm more angry that this is announced literally nowhere else on the site. One could argue that egg-hunting is THE core draw of Night of the Nocturne, and the rate for this main mechanic has been altered to a degree that players are noticing, and where is this information given? Hidden away in a thread in a forum that maybe 10% of FR players, if at all, bother to look at.

When gacha companies, whose entire existences are predicated on exploiting gambling addictions for profit, are better at publicly and widely disclosing modifications to their rates to their playerbase, something is HECKED up

it was a decrease of 1%, this feels like an extreme reaction for something like that. most people would have the same bad luck with the old system tbh

It was a decrease of 1%, and yet enough players are feeling the ramifications of it that this thread (and several other complaints elsewhere) exist, so... clearly not.

like i said, people are more likely to complain about unluckiness than luck. for every person complaining here, there's another with good luck and 10 more with average luck. you're just having bad luck, not much else
21059.png Lemmy or Baku, but feel free to make up new nicknames for me.

Any pronouns | Japanese
Ping me when replying, I love to chat with people.
-- kMi3VrI.png
[quote name="bakugames" date="2022-12-19 19:42:46" ] [quote name="Xairathan" date="2022-12-19 16:54:37" ] [quote name="bakugames" date="2022-12-19 15:35:18" ] [quote name="Xairathan" date="2022-12-19 14:58:49" ] Balancing issues aside, I'm more angry that this is announced literally nowhere else on the site. One could argue that egg-hunting is THE core draw of Night of the Nocturne, and the rate for this main mechanic has been altered to a degree that players are noticing, and where is this information given? Hidden away in a thread in a forum that maybe 10% of FR players, if at all, bother to look at. When gacha companies, whose entire existences are predicated on exploiting gambling addictions for profit, are better at publicly and widely disclosing modifications to their rates to their playerbase, something is HECKED up [/quote] it was a decrease of 1%, this feels like an extreme reaction for something like that. most people would have the same bad luck with the old system tbh [/quote] It was a decrease of 1%, and yet enough players are feeling the ramifications of it that this thread (and several other complaints elsewhere) exist, so... clearly not. [/quote] like i said, people are more likely to complain about unluckiness than luck. for every person complaining here, there's another with good luck and 10 more with average luck. you're just having bad luck, not much else [/quote] agree, opened some chests with an egg rate of 2/3 earlier but was too lazy to post about it lol.
bakugames wrote on 2022-12-19 19:42:46:
bakugames wrote on 2022-12-19 15:35:18:
Xairathan wrote on 2022-12-19 14:58:49:
Balancing issues aside, I'm more angry that this is announced literally nowhere else on the site. One could argue that egg-hunting is THE core draw of Night of the Nocturne, and the rate for this main mechanic has been altered to a degree that players are noticing, and where is this information given? Hidden away in a thread in a forum that maybe 10% of FR players, if at all, bother to look at.

When gacha companies, whose entire existences are predicated on exploiting gambling addictions for profit, are better at publicly and widely disclosing modifications to their rates to their playerbase, something is HECKED up

it was a decrease of 1%, this feels like an extreme reaction for something like that. most people would have the same bad luck with the old system tbh

It was a decrease of 1%, and yet enough players are feeling the ramifications of it that this thread (and several other complaints elsewhere) exist, so... clearly not.

like i said, people are more likely to complain about unluckiness than luck. for every person complaining here, there's another with good luck and 10 more with average luck. you're just having bad luck, not much else
agree, opened some chests with an egg rate of 2/3 earlier but was too lazy to post about it lol.
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
Opened 90 chests and no egg, so far RNG doesn't like me.
Opened 90 chests and no egg, so far RNG doesn't like me.
lckqq6P.png
10 eggs out of 165 chests so far. Not great, buuuut I'm hunting down all the apparel and familiars I didn't already have, plus I've had fantastic luck (so far) of obtaining other Coli specials (like Eliminate, Shred, Scratch, rare apparel, regular eggs and a crap ton of special crates) plus I have a hoard now of the new genes, so I won't complain too much.
10 eggs out of 165 chests so far. Not great, buuuut I'm hunting down all the apparel and familiars I didn't already have, plus I've had fantastic luck (so far) of obtaining other Coli specials (like Eliminate, Shred, Scratch, rare apparel, regular eggs and a crap ton of special crates) plus I have a hoard now of the new genes, so I won't complain too much.
tumblr_inline_nk71a9tcrJ1qg2i5p.png
I think I've opened roughly 70 chests so far? Saw this thread and thought to myself "man I haven't gotten any eggs yet", opened the 9 in my hoard and got 3 all at once lol.

RNG is weird.
I think I've opened roughly 70 chests so far? Saw this thread and thought to myself "man I haven't gotten any eggs yet", opened the 9 in my hoard and got 3 all at once lol.

RNG is weird.
hydravivum_com.png
i think the more noticeable issue for me isthat the materials to make the chests don't feel balanced. maybe its just a string of bad luck but i have an excess of so many materials just because i can never get the other one to make a chest

*cough* bee orchid *cough*
i think the more noticeable issue for me isthat the materials to make the chests don't feel balanced. maybe its just a string of bad luck but i have an excess of so many materials just because i can never get the other one to make a chest

*cough* bee orchid *cough*
dOfXepK.gif
[quote name="Xairathan" date="2022-12-19 16:54:37" ] It was a decrease of 1%, and yet enough players are feeling the ramifications of it that this thread (and several other complaints elsewhere) exist, so... clearly not. [/quote] There are threads like this every fest and event with people "noticing" a RNG change that does't even [i]exist[/i]. It's just how human brains work. It doesn't mean the 1% change is having the sweeping awful change that you are perceiving, it's just easy to see patterns that aren't necessarily actually there.

There are threads like this every fest and event with people "noticing" a RNG change that does't even exist. It's just how human brains work. It doesn't mean the 1% change is having the sweeping awful change that you are perceiving, it's just easy to see patterns that aren't necessarily actually there.
bellyup_by_spacecat.png
[quote name="timepatches" date="2022-12-19 21:23:28" ] [quote name="Xairathan" date="2022-12-19 16:54:37" ] It was a decrease of 1%, and yet enough players are feeling the ramifications of it that this thread (and several other complaints elsewhere) exist, so... clearly not. [/quote] There are threads like this every fest and event with people "noticing" a RNG change that does't even [i]exist[/i]. It's just how human brains work. It doesn't mean the 1% change is having the sweeping awful change that you are perceiving, it's just easy to see patterns that aren't necessarily actually there. [/quote] Not to mention that it doesn't mean that you're guaranteed 8 eggs out of every 100 chests, like everyone seems to believe, or what everyone is comparing it to... It's an 8% chance out of every chest. Say you open 10 chests. You might get super lucky and hit that 8% each time and get 10 eggs, or you might hit the other 92% and get nothing. Two very different statistics... 1% is not a noticeable change whatsoever.
timepatches wrote on 2022-12-19 21:23:28:

There are threads like this every fest and event with people "noticing" a RNG change that does't even exist. It's just how human brains work. It doesn't mean the 1% change is having the sweeping awful change that you are perceiving, it's just easy to see patterns that aren't necessarily actually there.

Not to mention that it doesn't mean that you're guaranteed 8 eggs out of every 100 chests, like everyone seems to believe, or what everyone is comparing it to...

It's an 8% chance out of every chest. Say you open 10 chests. You might get super lucky and hit that 8% each time and get 10 eggs, or you might hit the other 92% and get nothing.

Two very different statistics... 1% is not a noticeable change whatsoever.
2KAdknV.png
gTTW2gA.png
GW180jv.png
uVEyOnT.png
DshAKj6.png
iR2WNmx.png
m0cjLtv.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19