Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | BOTE ice story overhaul?
I just realized the Beastclan rebellion was talked about in the first ice story. A skydancer asked a Longneck if she knew about Talona and both her and her Tundra buddy were ready to defend themselves until she just shrugged. Exact scene from [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=92]here[/url]: [quote]Tippa moved with ease through the passes, the two dragons following quietly in her wake. When Wemba first suggested hiring the lanky snowhike, Trendal had been more than a little apprehensive. Trusting a longneck, especially given the nature of the heist they were about to embark on, was a preposterous idea. [i]“You can’t be serious, Wemba!” Trendal exclaimed. “Look, not all beastclans are members of the uprising. Tippa’s clan probably isn’t even aware of it! They prefer the solitude of the Crags and, quite frankly, making money off of foolish dragons like us,” Wemba said with a sigh. “Look, here she comes.” Wemba moved to meet the longneck, greeting her with a nod. “Tippa, what is the thing of Talona?” Trendal flinched, both at the name of the beastclan’s defacto leader and at Wemba’s embarrassing longneck language skills. Generally one does not refer to a clan leader as a "thing". Raising an eyebrow, Tippa stared at Wemba, and a tenseness hung in the air. The pair of dragons were just about to assume battle stances when Tippa lazily shrugged and presented Wemba with a crude contract for her services. Later that night, after Tippa had retreated to her blanket pile, Wemba leaned over to Trendal and pointed a talon at the gem-like orb on her forehead. “Besides, don’t you think I’d sense if she meant to hurt us?”[/i] [/quote] Do y'all think it's going to get removed or changed? The announcement thread is locked so I can't say anything except here but I wonder how this specific part of BOTE is gonna get handled. Maybe there will only be a minor change like "do you know the thing of Shade?" and an explanation of how the Shade works? Which... in retrospect that would be a REALLY good change considering how later in ice's plotlines, Wemba is called Shade-touched and we don't have much context for that beyond implied corruption. I don't need to be spoonfed everything in stories but it might make things flow better into the Gaoler story. Or maybe Wemba mistakes Tippa for being aligned with Wintermane instead, a centaur leader (and warlord?) since we have no context for him beyond members of his herd being in coliseum. [item=Wintermane Bowman][item=Wintermane Spearman] But now... hoo boy I'm curious how this is gonna get edited, if at all.
I just realized the Beastclan rebellion was talked about in the first ice story. A skydancer asked a Longneck if she knew about Talona and both her and her Tundra buddy were ready to defend themselves until she just shrugged.

Exact scene from here:
Quote:
Tippa moved with ease through the passes, the two dragons following quietly in her wake. When Wemba first suggested hiring the lanky snowhike, Trendal had been more than a little apprehensive. Trusting a longneck, especially given the nature of the heist they were about to embark on, was a preposterous idea.

“You can’t be serious, Wemba!” Trendal exclaimed.

“Look, not all beastclans are members of the uprising. Tippa’s clan probably isn’t even aware of it! They prefer the solitude of the Crags and, quite frankly, making money off of foolish dragons like us,” Wemba said with a sigh. “Look, here she comes.”

Wemba moved to meet the longneck, greeting her with a nod. “Tippa, what is the thing of Talona?”

Trendal flinched, both at the name of the beastclan’s defacto leader and at Wemba’s embarrassing longneck language skills. Generally one does not refer to a clan leader as a "thing".

Raising an eyebrow, Tippa stared at Wemba, and a tenseness hung in the air. The pair of dragons were just about to assume battle stances when Tippa lazily shrugged and presented Wemba with a crude contract for her services.

Later that night, after Tippa had retreated to her blanket pile, Wemba leaned over to Trendal and pointed a talon at the gem-like orb on her forehead. “Besides, don’t you think I’d sense if she meant to hurt us?”
Do y'all think it's going to get removed or changed?

The announcement thread is locked so I can't say anything except here but I wonder how this specific part of BOTE is gonna get handled.

Maybe there will only be a minor change like "do you know the thing of Shade?" and an explanation of how the Shade works?

Which... in retrospect that would be a REALLY good change considering how later in ice's plotlines, Wemba is called Shade-touched and we don't have much context for that beyond implied corruption. I don't need to be spoonfed everything in stories but it might make things flow better into the Gaoler story.

Or maybe Wemba mistakes Tippa for being aligned with Wintermane instead, a centaur leader (and warlord?) since we have no context for him beyond members of his herd being in coliseum.

Wintermane Bowman Wintermane Spearman

But now... hoo boy I'm curious how this is gonna get edited, if at all.
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
From what I've seen in Undel and Aoquin replies, they're going trough the site tooltips n other written parts to modify stuff that referenced the old lore, so this may be part of that!
From what I've seen in Undel and Aoquin replies, they're going trough the site tooltips n other written parts to modify stuff that referenced the old lore, so this may be part of that!
Vista: Transgender Ribbon XXXX XXXX Vista: Pansexual Ribbon
Should probably bring this up in the main thread once it's unlocked so the devs see it! Good catch
Should probably bring this up in the main thread once it's unlocked so the devs see it! Good catch
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
One thing that's gonna be one hell of a rehaul will be the Joxar beastclans too - not all of them (some are just regular scammers but even that needs slight adjustment) but a lot are direct references to pre-retcon Beastclan lore.
One thing that's gonna be one hell of a rehaul will be the Joxar beastclans too - not all of them (some are just regular scammers but even that needs slight adjustment) but a lot are direct references to pre-retcon Beastclan lore.
QYzhmAi.png
Noted, thank you! I have a feeling these are going to pop up here and there for awhile, seeing as it's been seven years since Beastclans on the Rise was released. It's also okay to notify us via Contact Us, too! Please clearly title your ticket that it's an outdated lore reference and include a link (webpage or Game Database) to the reference when you do. Thank you!
Noted, thank you! I have a feeling these are going to pop up here and there for awhile, seeing as it's been seven years since Beastclans on the Rise was released. It's also okay to notify us via Contact Us, too! Please clearly title your ticket that it's an outdated lore reference and include a link (webpage or Game Database) to the reference when you do. Thank you!
@Aequorin How would this work with old staff Q&A posts and lore dumps across the forums?

Not the contact ticket submission process, but would outdated staff answers to a question receive a bolded text warning/info box above them stating whether a specific response was outdated or not?

How's that gonna work?

There's not too many but here's some easy examples and a theme week: For the record, I wasn't even looking into theme weeks. I literally just typed "Beastclans" and searched by staff member like how I normally look for old and obscure Q&A posts and ran into that. Those aren't hugely lore-defining posts and I don't expect many players to go looking for them but uh... God that makes the combing effort so much bigger.

Q&As are awkward because those are often the only places we get very specific (and sometimes only) explanations for parts of site lore. I'm curious if there's gonna be a new way to mark outdated info on them so we can still know what is and isn't retconned.

For clarity, I'm not asking for a marking on EVERY announced piece of site lore being marked as canon/not canon. But I basically don't want to see an entire Q&A post flagged for being outdated when only 1 small part is actually non-canon either.

I just wanna know how Q&As containing outdated information are going to work when moving forward.
@Aequorin How would this work with old staff Q&A posts and lore dumps across the forums?

Not the contact ticket submission process, but would outdated staff answers to a question receive a bolded text warning/info box above them stating whether a specific response was outdated or not?

How's that gonna work?

There's not too many but here's some easy examples and a theme week: For the record, I wasn't even looking into theme weeks. I literally just typed "Beastclans" and searched by staff member like how I normally look for old and obscure Q&A posts and ran into that. Those aren't hugely lore-defining posts and I don't expect many players to go looking for them but uh... God that makes the combing effort so much bigger.

Q&As are awkward because those are often the only places we get very specific (and sometimes only) explanations for parts of site lore. I'm curious if there's gonna be a new way to mark outdated info on them so we can still know what is and isn't retconned.

For clarity, I'm not asking for a marking on EVERY announced piece of site lore being marked as canon/not canon. But I basically don't want to see an entire Q&A post flagged for being outdated when only 1 small part is actually non-canon either.

I just wanna know how Q&As containing outdated information are going to work when moving forward.
[quote name="MulberryScroll" date="2022-12-15 05:29:11" ] One thing that's gonna be one hell of a rehaul will be the Joxar beastclans too - not all of them (some are just regular scammers but even that needs slight adjustment) but a lot are direct references to pre-retcon Beastclan lore. [/quote] Uh, hey hey hey, I always liked the Ambassadors & tricksters. I hope they won't get changed too significantly. I mean, just because we're supposedly not in all-out war anymore doesn't mean there can't still be hostile factions, does it?
MulberryScroll wrote on 2022-12-15 05:29:11:
Uh, hey hey hey, I always liked the Ambassadors & tricksters. I hope they won't get changed too significantly. I mean, just because we're supposedly not in all-out war anymore doesn't mean there can't still be hostile factions, does it?
med_fish_smol.pngsplish_smol.png
I hope the Joxar fams aren't changed too much, too--I like the new lore, but I also like the idea that there are still some Beastclan factions that are hostile to dragons and vice-versa. It adds some nuance to the lore.
I hope the Joxar fams aren't changed too much, too--I like the new lore, but I also like the idea that there are still some Beastclan factions that are hostile to dragons and vice-versa. It adds some nuance to the lore.
[i]oh I can post here[/i] [s]I forgot there were replies[/s] I had to look back at these familiars because I keep confusing them for the ambassadors, and... yeahhhhhh I get it now. Some of these probably wouldn't be changed (thievery would still be thing in Sornieth?) but other familiars like the Eye of Talona might undergo an edit though. List for both myself and an easy read for anyone confused: Ambassador familiars: [item=Luminous Ambassador][item=Voltaic Ambassador][item=Conflagrant Ambassador][item=Spellwrought Ambassador][item=Contaminated Ambassador][item=Crystalcourt Ambassador][item=Glitterfreeze Ambassador][item=Murkmirth Ambassador][item=Aerborne Ambassador][item=Fathomsearch Ambassador][item=Gladegift Ambassador] Their joxar recolors: [item=Mistyhollow Agent][item=Crazed Powermith][item=Manticorian Provocateur][item=Eye of Talona][item=Lithetail Assassin][item=Dapplemane Deceiver][item=Longneck Lampooner][item=Rainbowfeather Thief][item=Laybrush Larcenist][item=Torrent Tricktail][item=Witherbough Warlock] Also had a bit of a realization today that ice story wasn't the only story that mentioned Beastclan conflict. I totally forgot the entire mystery of the [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=97]unearthed dragon and Beastclan skeletons[/url], and then the abandoned(?) city in Dustcarve Dig containing [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/effort/1/3]a crystal that might be tied to the chamber where those skeletons were found[/url]. I wanted to bring it up but didn't feel like making another thread because it'll make me look like I'm trying to start drama over every single Beastclan thing in BOTE ([b]...I'm not[/b] but multiple threads about it would look suspicious). I'm just sitting here, thinking about the lore rehaul announcement, and imagining the huge number of potential changes like a pile slowly getting bigger and bigger. Not a complaint, it's just one of those "oh yeah this... OH YEAH that thing too... " feeling.
oh I can post here I forgot there were replies

I had to look back at these familiars because I keep confusing them for the ambassadors, and... yeahhhhhh I get it now.

Some of these probably wouldn't be changed (thievery would still be thing in Sornieth?) but other familiars like the Eye of Talona might undergo an edit though.

List for both myself and an easy read for anyone confused:

Ambassador familiars:
Luminous Ambassador Voltaic Ambassador Conflagrant Ambassador Spellwrought Ambassador Contaminated Ambassador Crystalcourt Ambassador Glitterfreeze Ambassador Murkmirth Ambassador Aerborne Ambassador Fathomsearch Ambassador Gladegift Ambassador

Their joxar recolors:
Mistyhollow Agent Crazed Powermith Manticorian Provocateur Eye of Talona Lithetail Assassin Dapplemane Deceiver Longneck Lampooner Rainbowfeather Thief Laybrush Larcenist Torrent Tricktail Witherbough Warlock

Also had a bit of a realization today that ice story wasn't the only story that mentioned Beastclan conflict. I totally forgot the entire mystery of the unearthed dragon and Beastclan skeletons, and then the abandoned(?) city in Dustcarve Dig containing a crystal that might be tied to the chamber where those skeletons were found.

I wanted to bring it up but didn't feel like making another thread because it'll make me look like I'm trying to start drama over every single Beastclan thing in BOTE (...I'm not but multiple threads about it would look suspicious).

I'm just sitting here, thinking about the lore rehaul announcement, and imagining the huge number of potential changes like a pile slowly getting bigger and bigger. Not a complaint, it's just one of those "oh yeah this... OH YEAH that thing too... " feeling.