Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | get rid of the dropdown menu in baldwin
since baldwin queuing is apparently nixed, get rid of the dropdown that appears when you select an item from your hoard. every time i see it, and i feel other ppl probably do the same, i go 'man, it'd sure be convenient if i could queue a few items to transmute while i'm at work!'

so just. get rid of it please.
since baldwin queuing is apparently nixed, get rid of the dropdown that appears when you select an item from your hoard. every time i see it, and i feel other ppl probably do the same, i go 'man, it'd sure be convenient if i could queue a few items to transmute while i'm at work!'

so just. get rid of it please.
dynne | +2 fr time
hatchery
summer_sphinx.png
@dynne what do you mean it's been nixed..? Did staff make a statement somewhere that they weren't going to implement a queue and/or 'repeat action' option for Baldwin? If so, I can't find it, so I'm curious what you're referring to? [emoji=cauldron size=1]
@dynne what do you mean it's been nixed..? Did staff make a statement somewhere that they weren't going to implement a queue and/or 'repeat action' option for Baldwin? If so, I can't find it, so I'm curious what you're referring to?
tpG8plN.gif 20f0d7fd40667f35723eea7f24de9c519f7b2cca.png 9tl1qHF.gif
@Paigeboy i genuinely cant scrounge up a source but having scoured some baldwin queue based suggestion threads 'staff said no baldwin queue' has been said a few times as well as the idea that baldwin is meant to drive potential ad revenue by making people have to continuously check in.

not sure if that counts a 'repeat brew' function or not- i hope it doesn't- but i'm specifically talking abt the ability to select like. 5-10 things to melt down all at once. i'm still holding out hope for a repeat button!
@Paigeboy i genuinely cant scrounge up a source but having scoured some baldwin queue based suggestion threads 'staff said no baldwin queue' has been said a few times as well as the idea that baldwin is meant to drive potential ad revenue by making people have to continuously check in.

not sure if that counts a 'repeat brew' function or not- i hope it doesn't- but i'm specifically talking abt the ability to select like. 5-10 things to melt down all at once. i'm still holding out hope for a repeat button!
dynne | +2 fr time
hatchery
summer_sphinx.png
Source is an old [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/741#post_25507289]Q & A post[/url], where Aequorin said the following (emphasis mine); [quote name="Aequorin" date="2017-02-08 09:06:26" ][quote]Why does Baldwin have a number drop-down? [/quote] If you mean the quantity drop-down in the attachment window where you select an item to melt, the code for that is shared by multiple areas of the site (i.e. Messages, Crossroads). [b]At this time there are no plans to introduce batch brewing.[/b] [/quote] That said, this comes up a lot in the forums, with people asking if they'll ever be able to transmute more than one item at a time. I think it's worth revisiting this and removing it completely, to be honest!
Source is an old Q & A post, where Aequorin said the following (emphasis mine);
Aequorin wrote on 2017-02-08 09:06:26:
Quote:
Why does Baldwin have a number drop-down?
If you mean the quantity drop-down in the attachment window where you select an item to melt, the code for that is shared by multiple areas of the site (i.e. Messages, Crossroads). At this time there are no plans to introduce batch brewing.

That said, this comes up a lot in the forums, with people asking if they'll ever be able to transmute more than one item at a time. I think it's worth revisiting this and removing it completely, to be honest!
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
Support - if we arent getting batch brewing, remove the dropdown.
Support - if we arent getting batch brewing, remove the dropdown.
a b o u t - h a t c h e r y
36vcrVo.png
I rent nests through the nest network.
Support. If we're not getting batch/queue brewing, then there's no reason for a dropdown. (I would greatly appreciate a small queue, though, just something like three items at a time, and letting it cook longer for less XP.)
Support. If we're not getting batch/queue brewing, then there's no reason for a dropdown. (I would greatly appreciate a small queue, though, just something like three items at a time, and letting it cook longer for less XP.)
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments