Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | An Apology for Beastclans on the Rise
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 65 66
This is awesome, thank you.
This is awesome, thank you.
Also I don't want to read 36 pages of comments but I'm curious if anything is going to be changed in the coliseum, considering the entire mechanic is indiscriminate slaughter often of beastclans, which contributed to my original impression of FR lore
Also I don't want to read 36 pages of comments but I'm curious if anything is going to be changed in the coliseum, considering the entire mechanic is indiscriminate slaughter often of beastclans, which contributed to my original impression of FR lore
[quote name="Speedypigeon" date="2022-12-14 13:26:00" ] @terr1bletyto [quote name="Undel" date="2022-12-14 11:13:59" ] [quote name="RoxxiFloofs" date="2022-12-14 11:06:50" ] I wonder if Baldwin's Brew will change a bit because of this? Throwing Beastclan members into the cauldron seems kind of... wrong (as funny as it is to imagine just tossing an entire centaur in) [/quote] I think with this one it needs to be recognized as a game mechanic to get rid of duplicate items and turn them into something useful. If you want to think of a way to make this fit into your lore, think of "feather of harpy" as being an ingredient rather than putting a creature whole into a pot. The same goes for non-sapient familiars. Baldwin would never allow living creatures to be tossed into his cauldron! This is definitely a place where mechanics and lore disconnect. ----------- Regarding some of the existing tooltips for harpy familiars and items, that is an oversight and we will be bringing the tooltips in line in a site status update before the end of the week. [/quote] [/quote] i saw this already and i'm still not convinced lol
Speedypigeon wrote on 2022-12-14 13:26:00:
@terr1bletyto
Undel wrote on 2022-12-14 11:13:59:
RoxxiFloofs wrote on 2022-12-14 11:06:50:
I wonder if Baldwin's Brew will change a bit because of this? Throwing Beastclan members into the cauldron seems kind of... wrong (as funny as it is to imagine just tossing an entire centaur in)

I think with this one it needs to be recognized as a game mechanic to get rid of duplicate items and turn them into something useful. If you want to think of a way to make this fit into your lore, think of "feather of harpy" as being an ingredient rather than putting a creature whole into a pot. The same goes for non-sapient familiars. Baldwin would never allow living creatures to be tossed into his cauldron!

This is definitely a place where mechanics and lore disconnect.

Regarding some of the existing tooltips for harpy familiars and items, that is an oversight and we will be bringing the tooltips in line in a site status update before the end of the week.

i saw this already and i'm still not convinced lol
Untitled267.png
Yay !! I’m totally buying that scene woah
Yay !! I’m totally buying that scene woah
QzjJGX2.png
Oh this is a delightful update. I had always been kinda off put about the beastclans thing, so am glad to see it addressed! I was really hoping after the Undertide lore was so tangled with non-dragon entities that something like this might start to happen. Thanks for all the hard work on correcting mistakes of the past.
Oh this is a delightful update. I had always been kinda off put about the beastclans thing, so am glad to see it addressed! I was really hoping after the Undertide lore was so tangled with non-dragon entities that something like this might start to happen. Thanks for all the hard work on correcting mistakes of the past.
O5imYij.pngVXKHHDA.png
I really hope the Eye of Talona doesn't change very much. Talona is absolutely right to be spying on the Flights, actually-- unless every other conflict outlined in other lore entries is also being retconned as well

Nature and Plague both have (and one of them has detonated) weapons of mass destruction. Lightning and Fire both have dragon capitalism and one of them is currently in the midst of an armed labor rights movement. The Plaguebringer brews illnesses as a hobby. Like soups.

Talona SHOULD have an eye on these flights, even if we're going back in time and retconning every instance of dragons fighting with Beastclans specifically. The elemental theocracies should actually have an oppositional force of some kind, maybe?
I really hope the Eye of Talona doesn't change very much. Talona is absolutely right to be spying on the Flights, actually-- unless every other conflict outlined in other lore entries is also being retconned as well

Nature and Plague both have (and one of them has detonated) weapons of mass destruction. Lightning and Fire both have dragon capitalism and one of them is currently in the midst of an armed labor rights movement. The Plaguebringer brews illnesses as a hobby. Like soups.

Talona SHOULD have an eye on these flights, even if we're going back in time and retconning every instance of dragons fighting with Beastclans specifically. The elemental theocracies should actually have an oppositional force of some kind, maybe?
I personally have never paid attention to the lore, but I am glad you are fixing this potentially problematic parallel!
I personally have never paid attention to the lore, but I am glad you are fixing this potentially problematic parallel!
Hi! I'm Jack (fr +3)
What? I'm sorry, but my brain is refusing to compute right now. I thought the dragons were said to have been created in Beastclan lands, not having just chosen to invade? Can someone please explain to me what's going on? Did that many people really feel our dragons were the bad guys because... what? They dared to be born somewhere somebody smaller and weaker already lived? I'm not mad, mind, just wording things in the smallest possible words because I just... I feel like the slowest kid in the class right now?
What? I'm sorry, but my brain is refusing to compute right now. I thought the dragons were said to have been created in Beastclan lands, not having just chosen to invade? Can someone please explain to me what's going on? Did that many people really feel our dragons were the bad guys because... what? They dared to be born somewhere somebody smaller and weaker already lived? I'm not mad, mind, just wording things in the smallest possible words because I just... I feel like the slowest kid in the class right now?
[quote name="@Tsunami102" date="2022-12-14 13:11:03" ] [quote name="LuckyKitty" date="2022-12-14 13:08:52" ] I wonder if this means the whole "yeeting familiars into the cauldron" thing will be removed and reworked. I sure hope so. Because that's always made me EXTREMELY uncomfortable. [/quote] I heard somewhere that maybe we're just giving Baldwin fur or scales that they've shed, and I choose to believe that. Hopefully we'll get confirmation of that, though. [/quote] They confirmed that in this thread already, page 11
@Tsunami102 wrote on 2022-12-14 13:11:03:
LuckyKitty wrote on 2022-12-14 13:08:52:
I wonder if this means the whole "yeeting familiars into the cauldron" thing will be removed and reworked. I sure hope so. Because that's always made me EXTREMELY uncomfortable.
I heard somewhere that maybe we're just giving Baldwin fur or scales that they've shed, and I choose to believe that. Hopefully we'll get confirmation of that, though.
They confirmed that in this thread already, page 11
She/Her
Adult
Untitled18_20230718164049.png
Huh! I never thought this was coming tbh. My opinion on the beastclan lore has always been Oof Ow Oh No as people who know me on discord probably know and it was one of the few bits of canon lore i simply did not care for but I sort of accepted it as one of those various fantasy settings where real world influences get applied with little thought and it ends up in rough situations (hello genshin). Which means I appreciate the change actually happening instead of letting it sit and get worse. I've noticed the site has improved on beastclan for a long time now with events like WW and the new undertide breed which continued to reflect poorly on their origins so its nice to see acknowledgement!
Huh! I never thought this was coming tbh. My opinion on the beastclan lore has always been Oof Ow Oh No as people who know me on discord probably know and it was one of the few bits of canon lore i simply did not care for but I sort of accepted it as one of those various fantasy settings where real world influences get applied with little thought and it ends up in rough situations (hello genshin). Which means I appreciate the change actually happening instead of letting it sit and get worse. I've noticed the site has improved on beastclan for a long time now with events like WW and the new undertide breed which continued to reflect poorly on their origins so its nice to see acknowledgement!
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 65 66