Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | An Apology for Beastclans on the Rise
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 65 66
It's good to see that you're apologising for the way beastclans were handled and that you're going to change it, and also that you're not trying to bury it and pretend it never happened.

I am wondering though, if Talona is a Roc, Does this mean that all Roc are sapiant, or is it just certain types of Roc? Is Fiona's Roc Prudence sapiant?
It's good to see that you're apologising for the way beastclans were handled and that you're going to change it, and also that you're not trying to bury it and pretend it never happened.

I am wondering though, if Talona is a Roc, Does this mean that all Roc are sapiant, or is it just certain types of Roc? Is Fiona's Roc Prudence sapiant?
This is a signature.
[quote name="Doodlepede" date="2022-12-14 11:42:12" ] don't blame being raised in america for your ignorance. your ignorance is your own fault in this, the age of the internet. glad yall are changing it but come on now, thats a bad excuse [/quote] I don't believe they were using it as an excuse; rather, it is an explanation, and an understandable one at that. They cannot go back in time and educate their past selves, nor can anyone deny that despite the internet existing, ignorance continues to persist--particularly in places that were built on these harmful ideas and practices. Additionally, while it is unfortunate, the internet can be just as strong a force for misinformation as it is for education. Many have been led down the wrong path due to the internet's influence. All in all though, I am glad that the FR staff addressed this, even if it took them a good while to do so. Late is better than never, and they've already taken accountability. I hope they continue to move forward with this, and that it results in far better lore in the future.
Doodlepede wrote on 2022-12-14 11:42:12:
don't blame being raised in america for your ignorance. your ignorance is your own fault in this, the age of the internet. glad yall are changing it but come on now, thats a bad excuse

I don't believe they were using it as an excuse; rather, it is an explanation, and an understandable one at that. They cannot go back in time and educate their past selves, nor can anyone deny that despite the internet existing, ignorance continues to persist--particularly in places that were built on these harmful ideas and practices. Additionally, while it is unfortunate, the internet can be just as strong a force for misinformation as it is for education. Many have been led down the wrong path due to the internet's influence.

All in all though, I am glad that the FR staff addressed this, even if it took them a good while to do so. Late is better than never, and they've already taken accountability. I hope they continue to move forward with this, and that it results in far better lore in the future.
Call me Ori!
+3 FR Time

ePOliyb.png
KwxLkEj.png
7vhtsnW.png
nnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
[quote name="Iphegenia" date="2022-12-14 11:55:24" ] Really happy to see this change especially as a Cree player :) I never really got into the canon lore but the Beastclans thing did always strike me as odd lol and it's nice to see it rectified. Plus The new Harpy art is gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing the Centaurs (I love horses lol)! [/quote] Oh no, we're gonna have to draw horse legs again. Horses are so difficult ><
Iphegenia wrote on 2022-12-14 11:55:24:
Really happy to see this change especially as a Cree player :) I never really got into the canon lore but the Beastclans thing did always strike me as odd lol and it's nice to see it rectified. Plus The new Harpy art is gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing the Centaurs (I love horses lol)!

Oh no, we're gonna have to draw horse legs again. Horses are so difficult ><
Thank goodness. I'm very glad you are making these changes.
Thank goodness. I'm very glad you are making these changes.
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
[quote name="Sath" date="2022-12-14 11:55:32" ] It's good to see that you're apologising for the way beastclans were handled and that you're going to change it, and also that you're not trying to bury it and pretend it never happened. I am wondering though, if Talona is a Roc, Does this mean that all Roc are sapiant, or is it just certain types of Roc? Is Fiona's Roc Prudence sapiant? [/quote] @Sath I believe "Grand Roc" is just a title for their highest office, they're still harpies!
Sath wrote on 2022-12-14 11:55:32:

@Sath I believe "Grand Roc" is just a title for their highest office, they're still harpies!
[quote name="Undel" date="2022-12-14 11:34:43" ] [quote name="Oakensleaf" date="2022-12-14 11:21:03" ] I have a question I know that there are beastclan members that are fight able enemies in the coliseum, will those remain and the lore will be adapted to explain their presence in the coliseum or will they be removed? [/quote] The Beastclan opponents in the coliseum will remain. The dragons are not at war with the Beastclans nor are they trying to take their territory, but all life in Sornieth can be susceptible to Shade taint and the dragons can fight and cleanse it in small quantities. If the creature or Beastclan who is cleansed is happy enough, they may even decided to follow you home as your friend! From a mechanic perspective it gives us the ability to have more ways to acquire familiars from our world setting. [/quote] In a way this kind of makes dragons like a medic class…. Or ghostbusters
Undel wrote on 2022-12-14 11:34:43:
Oakensleaf wrote on 2022-12-14 11:21:03:
I have a question
I know that there are beastclan members that are fight able enemies in the coliseum, will those remain and the lore will be adapted to explain their presence in the coliseum or will they be removed?

The Beastclan opponents in the coliseum will remain. The dragons are not at war with the Beastclans nor are they trying to take their territory, but all life in Sornieth can be susceptible to Shade taint and the dragons can fight and cleanse it in small quantities. If the creature or Beastclan who is cleansed is happy enough, they may even decided to follow you home as your friend! From a mechanic perspective it gives us the ability to have more ways to acquire familiars from our world setting.

In a way this kind of makes dragons like a medic class…. Or ghostbusters
iO2X60T.png
Yay for more familiars.
Yay for more familiars.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
@BatCrooks
That does make far more sense, but is also disappointing. I'd love for the grand flock to be run by a massive bird.
@BatCrooks
That does make far more sense, but is also disappointing. I'd love for the grand flock to be run by a massive bird.
This is a signature.
@ClockworkOwle, we are actively monitoring and moderating this thread. Your reply was edited to remove the sentence calling out other players and referring to now-removed posts. Thank you.
@ClockworkOwle, we are actively monitoring and moderating this thread. Your reply was edited to remove the sentence calling out other players and referring to now-removed posts. Thank you.
I really respect the care that has been put into this decision. While I think deconstructing colonialism by telling stories about it in fantasy is important, it always felt heartbreaking to me and many other players to think that our dragons contributed to the destruction of entire cultures, and as was said in this update, we were supposed to enjoy it from a gameplay perspective. Everything was from the dragons perspective. It felt alienating, because it was an aspect of the game many had to ignore for their peace of mind. I like the idea that any conflicts with the beastclans are more situational, like the conflicts between dragon clans, and that we get to learn more about beastclans culture alongside our dragons. Thanks devs for all your hard work [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Edit: I know personally, thinking about entire freshwater Maren cities being destroyed always just made me sad, because I couldn't reconcile that with my love of my dragons. I see that the devs have taken steps to rectify these things, such as the cohabitation of Maren and undertides. I don't think it's that stories of conflict can't be told, or that people are being too sensitive. I think that it was never to intent of the developers to create these feelings of alienation in their players, and they are just trying to keep the game fun and safe for everyone, instead of creating a very challenging experience with the story. This is the devs way of telling the story they want.
I really respect the care that has been put into this decision. While I think deconstructing colonialism by telling stories about it in fantasy is important, it always felt heartbreaking to me and many other players to think that our dragons contributed to the destruction of entire cultures, and as was said in this update, we were supposed to enjoy it from a gameplay perspective. Everything was from the dragons perspective. It felt alienating, because it was an aspect of the game many had to ignore for their peace of mind. I like the idea that any conflicts with the beastclans are more situational, like the conflicts between dragon clans, and that we get to learn more about beastclans culture alongside our dragons. Thanks devs for all your hard work

Edit: I know personally, thinking about entire freshwater Maren cities being destroyed always just made me sad, because I couldn't reconcile that with my love of my dragons. I see that the devs have taken steps to rectify these things, such as the cohabitation of Maren and undertides. I don't think it's that stories of conflict can't be told, or that people are being too sensitive. I think that it was never to intent of the developers to create these feelings of alienation in their players, and they are just trying to keep the game fun and safe for everyone, instead of creating a very challenging experience with the story. This is the devs way of telling the story they want.
UZVTEBc.png
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 65 66