Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | An Apology for Beastclans on the Rise
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 65 66
[quote name="KallyPaige" date="2022-12-14 11:38:33" ] I think that the text on the dominance page should also be changed due to this too. It'd be cruel to call them hordes when we're supposed to view them as sentient and sapient peoples, rather than thoughtless monsters. Does that make sense? [/quote] @KallyPaige, another oversight, thank you for bringing it to our attention. We're logging these oversights (tooltips, Dominance page, etc) right now so we can update them at the same time.
KallyPaige wrote on 2022-12-14 11:38:33:
I think that the text on the dominance page should also be changed due to this too. It'd be cruel to call them hordes when we're supposed to view them as sentient and sapient peoples, rather than thoughtless monsters.
Does that make sense?

@KallyPaige, another oversight, thank you for bringing it to our attention. We're logging these oversights (tooltips, Dominance page, etc) right now so we can update them at the same time.
excellent! i'd forgotten the original context of the beastclans, but i'm glad to see it's being adjusted. my clan has always been allied with the local beastclans anyway, so this fits with that much better! the scene is fantastic, too, as are the new familiars, and i can't wait to see what you do with the other races!
excellent! i'd forgotten the original context of the beastclans, but i'm glad to see it's being adjusted. my clan has always been allied with the local beastclans anyway, so this fits with that much better! the scene is fantastic, too, as are the new familiars, and i can't wait to see what you do with the other races!
n9LAXHI.png
swN0YRQ.png
LvvTlaP.png
foF7QGb.png
mAlnTLL.png
DAuLoYm.png
5VuuwLe.png
ngl this is actually incredible to see get addressed bc way back when the beastclans first dropped i made some silly thread about how it was uncomfortably parallel to irl colonization and i didn't like it and got some REALLY aggressive angry responses (i was still a child too so that was fun to deal with)

its really nice that the devs actually revisited this, especially bc i really like the harpies and beastclans. i'm looking forwards to seeing what will be done with them in the future.
ngl this is actually incredible to see get addressed bc way back when the beastclans first dropped i made some silly thread about how it was uncomfortably parallel to irl colonization and i didn't like it and got some REALLY aggressive angry responses (i was still a child too so that was fun to deal with)

its really nice that the devs actually revisited this, especially bc i really like the harpies and beastclans. i'm looking forwards to seeing what will be done with them in the future.
~celestial bodies don't care if you screw up~
thanks for the update. ik many of us have been conflicted with the beef between beastclans and dragons for a long while.
thanks for the update. ik many of us have been conflicted with the beef between beastclans and dragons for a long while.
PQznZys.png
[quote name="Oakensleaf" date="2022-12-14 11:42:09" ] [quote name="Undel" date="2022-12-14 11:34:43" ] I have a question I know that there are beastclan members that are fight able enemies in the coliseum, will those remain and the lore will be adapted to explain their presence in the coliseum or will they be removed? [/quote] The Beastclan opponents in the coliseum will remain. The dragons are not at war with the Beastclans nor are they trying to take their territory, but all life in Sornieth can be susceptible to Shade taint and the dragons can fight and cleanse it in small quantities. If the creature or Beastclan who is cleansed is happy enough, they may even decided to follow you home as your friend! From a mechanic perspective it gives us the ability to have more ways to acquire familiars from our world setting. [/quote] I wonder if beastclan sprites in colliseum will be altered in any way to show the Shade taint. Would be cool to have even a simple stained-like overlay of dark "shady" colour on sprites to show that these beastfolk are affected by taint and not just regular (not)people we are fighting. Of course the overlay would not remaing on familiars. Also I'm usually not very bothered by games but having beastclans as familiars with now old lore always felt very off to me. That's a nice change.
Oakensleaf wrote on 2022-12-14 11:42:09:
Undel wrote on 2022-12-14 11:34:43:
I have a question
I know that there are beastclan members that are fight able enemies in the coliseum, will those remain and the lore will be adapted to explain their presence in the coliseum or will they be removed?

The Beastclan opponents in the coliseum will remain. The dragons are not at war with the Beastclans nor are they trying to take their territory, but all life in Sornieth can be susceptible to Shade taint and the dragons can fight and cleanse it in small quantities. If the creature or Beastclan who is cleansed is happy enough, they may even decided to follow you home as your friend! From a mechanic perspective it gives us the ability to have more ways to acquire familiars from our world setting.

I wonder if beastclan sprites in colliseum will be altered in any way to show the Shade taint.

Would be cool to have even a simple stained-like overlay of dark "shady" colour on sprites to show that these beastfolk are affected by taint and not just regular (not)people we are fighting. Of course the overlay would not remaing on familiars.

Also I'm usually not very bothered by games but having beastclans as familiars with now old lore always felt very off to me. That's a nice change.
Adopt Shop | Accent Shop | Art Shop
I'm 9 hours ahead of FR time so sometimes I might reply a bit late!
Ok! It sounds exiting! I kinda hoping for more puzzles and less combat because i have very few combat trained dragons and even they arent very good. Plus I'd actually cry if one of them died lol
Ok! It sounds exiting! I kinda hoping for more puzzles and less combat because i have very few combat trained dragons and even they arent very good. Plus I'd actually cry if one of them died lol
Thank goodness, ever since i joined this year and read up on the lore it struck me as incredibly… off. I’m glad the entries are gonna be reworked. Does this mean we may get some mith or other less featured beastclan lore? [emoji=special eyes size=1] #releasethemyth
Thank goodness, ever since i joined this year and read up on the lore it struck me as incredibly… off. I’m glad the entries are gonna be reworked.

Does this mean we may get some mith or other less featured beastclan lore? #releasethemyth
HtcZwHn.png qe3qJDF.png BUY | SKIN SHOP
Very glad to see the lore is being redone! RIP to anyone whose lore revolves around the old stuff tho haha. This opens up a lot of new opportunities and curiosities, because dragonkind is very new; how they were initially taken (ancients) versus how they are now is a fun speculation! Perhaps dragons were seen as a baby species to be helped in the world, or perhaps the natural magic made them desirable trade partners. I think this opens a door to a lot of new ideas :)
Very glad to see the lore is being redone! RIP to anyone whose lore revolves around the old stuff tho haha. This opens up a lot of new opportunities and curiosities, because dragonkind is very new; how they were initially taken (ancients) versus how they are now is a fun speculation! Perhaps dragons were seen as a baby species to be helped in the world, or perhaps the natural magic made them desirable trade partners. I think this opens a door to a lot of new ideas :)
iO2X60T.png
Really happy to see this change especially as a Cree player :) I never really got into the canon lore but the Beastclans thing did always strike me as odd and it's nice to see it rectified. Plus the new Harpy art is gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing the Centaurs (I love horses lol)!
Really happy to see this change especially as a Cree player :) I never really got into the canon lore but the Beastclans thing did always strike me as odd and it's nice to see it rectified. Plus the new Harpy art is gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing the Centaurs (I love horses lol)!
iphegenia_romulus.png
iphegenia
any pronouns
22, fr+1
Thank you for listening and addressing concerns. It's really nice to be part of a game community that values the input and sensitivity of its userbase. Looking forward to the changes being implemented with the new lore!
Thank you for listening and addressing concerns. It's really nice to be part of a game community that values the input and sensitivity of its userbase. Looking forward to the changes being implemented with the new lore!
DJqWkbc.png leafeon.gifDmVxZ2a.png
u82kOBZ.png
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 65 66